Author Topic: No Excuses November!  (Read 22649 times)

PJ

• Handlebar Stache
No Excuses November!
« on: October 25, 2017, 03:47:00 PM »
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO Excuses November is just around the corner - what does that mean for you?

Maybe for you, that's a No Spend November. 

Or maybe it's a No Credit Cards November.  Or No Eating Out November.  Or No Alcohol November.  Or No More Smoking November.  Or No Buying Ponies for the Kids November.

Or maybe, like me, it's No Excuses for Not Sticking to the Budget.  But NEFNSTTB didn't have quite the same ring to it that No Excuses November had.

Hi, all.  I'm PJ, and I tend to come and go from the forums.  So it's nice to come back and see so many familiar faces in the Gauntlet threads, and also nice to see so many new people participating here since I was last around.

Hope you guys don't mind me starting the November thread a bit early, but as I only get paid once a month, my November starts today.  And as I'm checking the bank balance, and checking on my bills, I'm thinking about what November needs to look like.

NO EXCUSES!

Will be back later to post some detailed plans.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
Re: No Excuses November!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 03:58:04 PM »
No fast food. It isn't a particularly big part of the budget, but it is wasteful and I am fat.

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 05:48:52 PM »
Worked on my November budget today so I already know:
NO unnecessary or unplanned purchases in November.
If I make it through November unscathed I'll be fine for Christmas and ready for the holidays.

I'm in:)

Off the Wheel

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 11:12:46 PM »
I'll commit to NO random meals out. I will still meet a friend for lunch or take an employee for coffee (I can expense that last one!) but no buying food on my own dime because I was too lazy/ill-prepared to plan ahead!

PJ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 11:31:02 PM »
Glad to see I'll have some company in November!

Still working out the details of my November budget, but plan to post some broad strokes about it once I've got things figured out.  But thanks to ixtap (NO fast food), Rosy (NO unnecessary or unplanned purchases), and Off the Wheel (NO random meals out) for joining me in

NOVEMBER

Off the Wheel

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 11:41:19 PM »
I actually am updating my goal after checking my finances... I have a goal to get rid of a some consumer debt by the end of the year, and I'm not on track. New goal is to hit the milestones I set for myself. From $6750 to $0 by December 15th.

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 12:02:11 AM »
I'm in. No excuses for not hitting my repayment of debt schedule.  It's ambitious, but no excuses now.

fluffmuffin

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 07:52:42 AM »
I'm in. December will be expensive with the holidays + travel, so I was planning to do a low-spend November anyway. It will be so much easier with a group for accountability!

Stealing two NOvember goals from Rosy and Off the Wheel and adding one of my own:
  • No eating out
  • No unnecessary or unplanned purchases
  • Absolutely NO new clothing or boots for fall, no matter how fucking cute it all is. I'm pathetically weak in the face of cozy sweaters, scarves, and cognac Chelsea boots.

appleseed

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 03:03:39 PM »
Me, too!!! I definitely need a reboot - especially before December when our grocery budget zooms with the extra food for parties, events, cookies for teachers, etc. So nothing outside the budget November for me unless we have already made a plan (at least one weekend travel), and I will adjust from elsewhere in the budget. Thanks for starting this thread!

11ducks

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2017, 05:43:08 AM »
No fast food. It isn't a particularly big part of the budget, but it is wasteful and I am fat.

Seconded. Also, no more binging on big plates of gnocchi after the gym. I burn 500cals then immediately eat back 800cals.

JoshuaSpodek

• Bristles
    • Leadership, values, meaning, purpose, importance, passion
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2017, 06:07:09 AM »
Launching my podcast, Leadership and the Environment, that I meant to launch last month.

runbikerun

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2017, 07:39:29 AM »

Seconded. Also, no more binging on big plates of gnocchi after the gym. I burn 500cals then immediately eat back 800cals.

There is an alternative: do more in the gym and continue to scarf down gnocchi.

PJ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2017, 01:23:27 PM »

Launching my podcast, Leadership and the Environment, that I meant to launch last month.

Love these goals!  I'd been thinking purely in financial terms aka No Spend November type thing, but it's great when the same thread can also be a general accountability thread!  Make sure you post back to let us know how it goes...

(...though, mmmmmmmmm.  Gnocchi.  Hard to give up.  Have smaller portions?)

Zamboni

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2017, 09:51:23 PM »
I think I'm going to call my the "No excuses for extra crap November."

Joined the "eat all your food" challenge as well, and I'm going to work on clearing out stuff from my house. Tomorrow morning I'm going to load up and donate the stuff that's on my "to be donated" shelves as a start.

BeautifulDay

• Bristles
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2017, 10:31:51 PM »
Got to stick to my budget this month.  Lately we've had some out of budget spending dragging us down.  This will be a challenge with thanksgiving travel coming up.  But we need to keep the end goal in mind.

LilMissMinimalist

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2017, 09:39:27 PM »
No Double-Dipping November

The money I have in my checking account is the only money I have available to spend — no taking "just a little" out of savings until payday; no grabbing the credit cards either.

Sad to admit, but if I can make it one month without doing either of these things it will be longest stretch I've maintained.

alleykat

• Bristles
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2017, 05:27:35 AM »
Groceries in general.  I need to only buy what I need. I am well stock and should be able to keep to only essentials if I try. Also, no makeup or skincare unless I need to replace something.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2017, 05:44:52 AM »
No more buying my favorite cheesecake and have that for dinner whenever DH plans to eat somewhere else. This cheesecake is very expensive and unhealthy. Is is only sold by 2 pieces and that is exactly 1 piece too many.

No buying of sweets if I go shopping the coming days, even though sweets might be on sale in the shops now for Halloween. Both DH and I need to watch our weight at this moment.

No more buying of comfort food at the newsstand if I need to visit the city for work.

No more buying of chocolate bars when the grocery store has discount market. This will be a very difficult one. I often buy quite a large pile when they are soo cheap.

asauer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2017, 10:09:34 AM »
No eating out.  There's so many yummy fall recipes to make at home- no reason for me to eat out at all.

aperture

• Bristles
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2017, 10:13:17 AM »
No white carbs November.

vertkurt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2017, 01:45:10 PM »
No missing Gym days November for me. It shouldn't be hard, but I do go 6 days/week so you never know.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2017, 02:21:14 PM »
Day -2: Colleague was stalking the office on his day off, so I couldn't run home for lunch and risk missing commission. Grabbed trail mix instead of ordering at the restaurant next door. Must bring lunch next time.

cantgrowone

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2017, 02:12:20 AM »
This is just what I need. There's no excuse for me not to hit the gym. It's in my basement for crying out loud.

Also, no excuse not to eat healthy. I'm done with sugary/fatty eating habits.

Mongoose

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2017, 08:04:22 AM »
Love it! My "November" started last week based on pay and got off to a lousy start. We had hopefully the last of several years of deferred maintenance come up...new tires for car. And some accountability would help in non-financial areas as well.

1. No eating out (one already scheduled date lunch with hubby allowed). This is a huge problem for us and all due to poor planning.

2. No skipping runs/cross training.

3. No clothing purchases except for winter coat for DS (Goodwill most likely) and a pair of running shoes for me.

4. No coffee (tapering back to by having 1-2 weeks of quarter caf allowed). Caffeine doesn't really agree with me. I was off it completely and feeling great but used it as a substitute for sleep after my parent had a bad spell. I want back off it for good now!

5. The hard one...no sweets. I put sugar in my coffee (see above). I crave sweets in the evening. But I want to join the no sugary/fatty eating habits crowd. It might help taper the coffee better to stop putting sugar in it.

6. I like Zamboni's "no excuses for extra crap". Triple dipping by including both not buying anything but essentials, using up stuff, and finishing my decluttering challenge!

7. Read back through and adding one: no beer/cider. I think I have a sensitivity to some ingredient and I definitely don't need the extra calories or the extra expense.

haypug16

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2017, 08:05:46 AM »
I'm in!

NO EXCUSES!!!
1. Ride bike to work provided it's above 50 and not raining (this is my hardest one! I'll need to get up maybe 30 mins early to account for the extra time it takes to ride vs drive)
2. Stick to budget - no unplanned spending (Oct was great and I hope to carry this forward to Nov)
3. Get to my To Do list! No going home and loafing around on my phone or watching TV (Probably the "easiest" one I love making to do lists and crossing things off)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 09:19:00 AM by haypug16 »

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2017, 09:50:42 AM »

Day -2: Colleague was stalking the office on his day off, so I couldn't run home for lunch and risk missing commission. Grabbed trail mix instead of ordering at the restaurant next door. Must bring lunch next time.

Day -1: Fasting to have a screening at SO's work on the other side of town. Plus, to save gas, I am going to go with him and spend the day running errands and hanging at the library. I have yogurt, salad and snacks to keep me away from the fast food.

kaypinkHH

• Pencil Stache
    • My first Journal!
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2017, 01:00:33 PM »
Awesome thread!
I'm joining in:
No more being lazy- going to exercise 5x per week. (45 mins min)
No more takeout lunches, sticking to the food budget and saving our restaurant food for special occasions
No new clothes- if something wears out, I'm going to a thrift store.

Juslookin

• Bristles
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2017, 07:34:30 PM »
1. Sticking to the food budget, I know exactly how much I have to spend each week.
2. No eating out this month.
3. No buying anything extra. Specific list already of what I have allowed to buy for November, necessities only and can not add to the list for November.

Should be able to save extra big bucks this month with this belt tightening.
I'm in!

Zamboni

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2017, 09:26:03 PM »
I donated the previously mentioned stuff . . . Yay!

I also decided to return some sandals I have ordered online, so those are in my car to be mailed tomorrow.

Oh, and my other half fixed my suitcase, so that is good as new again.

alleykat

• Bristles
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2017, 04:54:55 AM »
Alright, i am looking forward to this month and so glad it started. 

1.  Groceries - only essentials until I get through my stock of things.  The only items I will allow that will be extra are things for recipes.

2.  No makeup or skincare purchases unless needed. 

I have so much more but 2 is good for this month.  These are two categories I need to focus on.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2017, 05:15:20 AM »
I will be on a conference from Sunday evening to wednesday evening, in abroadistan. We will get a certain amount from our company to buy dinner for during these days. That is not a terrible lot, so I will try to stay within that amount. This will be challenging, as I will be joined by some colleagues.
I guess I will also eat at home, or bring my own snack when travelling to the airport on Sunday.

Mongoose

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2017, 06:49:10 AM »
I will be on a conference from Sunday evening to wednesday evening, in abroadistan. We will get a certain amount from our company to buy dinner for during these days. That is not a terrible lot, so I will try to stay within that amount. This will be challenging, as I will be joined by some colleagues.
I guess I will also eat at home, or bring my own snack when travelling to the airport on Sunday.

Can you put a few things that don't need refrigeration in your luggage? I used to stay within our small meal allowance for trips by bringing along non-perishable breakfast and lunch (cereal, granola bar, instant coffee, dried fruit and meats, etc.). That left my whole pool of money available for dinner. I still pack meals for all our air travel so we don't have to pay airport prices.

I cut back to 1/4 caffeinated coffee mixed with decaf. I tried it without sugar but blech! I'm leaving the sugar in the coffee but cutting out the other sweets. Sugar in the coffee will go when the coffee goes. I can't afford the headaches from just quitting abruptly.

Car that needed tires also needs front brakes. Sigh. I really hope this is the last of our deferred maintenance expenditures. The good news is that this is a 3 paycheck month for us so we have enough to cover both. I was going to put some in savings but at least we're using it on something essential.

frooglepoodle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2017, 08:49:30 AM »
I’m in. We have a lot of expenses this month and I need to cut the unnecessary spending.

No excuses:
1. No clothing for any member of the family.
2. No craft/DIY project supplies unless I need thread, elastic, or some other small item to complete a project.
3. No restaurants other than one planed date night (we will chose one of the lower cost restaurants).

I’m also going to make myself exercise 4 times per week.

LilMissMinimalist

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2017, 10:05:58 AM »
I've been counting the days until November 1! Excited to start this challenge.

Going to be a tough start to the month. Heading to NYC to run the marathon this weekend. Certainly not an easy city to be Mustachian in. I'll be meeting up with friends I haven't seen in a long time, and of course wanting to celebrate post-race.

My boyfriend lives in LA (I live in Chicago) and we'll be meeting up there for the weekend. He's up for a Mustachian Big Apple Challenge and we're going to attempt to do the trip on $50/each a day spending money. He skips breakfast so I went out last night and grabbed some things I can travel with for myself at the grocery store. We'll do cheap lunches and save the spending $ for evenings. On the upside, I won't be drinking much since I'm there to run a marathon so that should help. Our agenda is more social and wandering around vs. sightseeing so I don't foresee museum entries etc etc factoring in.

If we can make it through NYC the rest of the month will seem like a breeze!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 10:25:11 AM by LilMissMinimalist »

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2017, 10:37:25 AM »
NO fast food/ NO solo eating out

Day 1: A relatively normal day. No need to use the car, and I brought lunch to work, even though popping home shouldn't be an issue. I may even get out the bike this afternoon, if the winds don't pick up too much.

Day -1: Fasting to have a screening at SO's work on the other side of town. Plus, to save gas, I am going to go with him and spend the day running errands and hanging at the library. I have yogurt, salad and snacks to keep me away from the fast food.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2017, 12:47:21 PM »

Can you put a few things that don't need refrigeration in your luggage? I used to stay within our small meal allowance for trips by bringing along non-perishable breakfast and lunch (cereal, granola bar, instant coffee, dried fruit and meats, etc.). That left my whole pool of money available for dinner. I still pack meals for all our air travel so we don't have to pay airport prices.

I cut back to 1/4 caffeinated coffee mixed with decaf. I tried it without sugar but blech! I'm leaving the sugar in the coffee but cutting out the other sweets. Sugar in the coffee will go when the coffee goes. I can't afford the headaches from just quitting abruptly.

Car that needed tires also needs front brakes. Sigh. I really hope this is the last of our deferred maintenance expenditures. The good news is that this is a 3 paycheck month for us so we have enough to cover both. I was going to put some in savings but at least we're using it on something essential.

Lunch is included in the conference and breakfast is normally included in the hotel price. But I will check the breakfast, otherwise I will bring cereals and milk powder, which is my usual hiking breakfast.
I will also buy a small amount of wine in the tax free, so I don't need to buy it at the hotel if I am the mood for it. I guess I'll need to bring my own glass. Last hotel I was in didn't have any glasses in the room.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2017, 01:18:28 PM »
I'll join in for a non-finance goal. I'm about to start a month of PT and I'd like to commit to doing my PT exercises every day. It's going to be a month of extreme distractions with pretty major work upheaval, the holiday, and no less than four out-of-town visitors in the next three weeks. So I could use a thread to remind me :-)  And if anyone has any good tricks to remind myself before it's too late that would be useful. (I have a tendency to remember I didn't do them 10 minutes after I've turned the lights out and gone to bed.)

My finances are totally weird at the moment due to the medical/health stuff (tons of $$ on taxis, very low food/entertainment/alcohol) so I am just sort of letting that happen and figuring as long as I don't buy anything dumb, it'll work out OK.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2017, 01:31:34 PM »
I'll join in for a non-finance goal. I'm about to start a month of PT and I'd like to commit to doing my PT exercises every day. It's going to be a month of extreme distractions with pretty major work upheaval, the holiday, and no less than four out-of-town visitors in the next three weeks. So I could use a thread to remind me :-)  And if anyone has any good tricks to remind myself before it's too late that would be useful. (I have a tendency to remember I didn't do them 10 minutes after I've turned the lights out and gone to bed.)

My finances are totally weird at the moment due to the medical/health stuff (tons of $$ on taxis, very low food/entertainment/alcohol) so I am just sort of letting that happen and figuring as long as I don't buy anything dumb, it'll work out OK.

Would it be helpful to do the PT as soon as you get up in the morning?

If it is supposed to be done on your way to bed, you need to make it part of the routine. ie put a note on your toothpaste.

ElleFiji

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2017, 01:40:36 PM »
I'm in for a soft goal. Keep my November spending in line with my values, not my wants

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2017, 01:46:19 PM »
Would it be helpful to do the PT as soon as you get up in the morning?

If it is supposed to be done on your way to bed, you need to make it part of the routine. ie put a note on your toothpaste.

I haven't gotten the specific instructions yet, but I suspect time of day won't matter. I'm soooo not a morning person, so in the past I've usually procrastinated until evening, and then at night I'm too tired or I forget. I have a bunch of late nights planned this month (with visiting friends) so probably trying to get into a morning/daytime routine would be good.

I think I would do better with an alarm-type reminder instead of a note. Maybe I'll set a second alarm 20 minutes after I wake up or something.

vertkurt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2017, 01:52:55 PM »
This is just what I need. There's no excuse for me not to hit the gym. It's in my basement for crying out loud.

Also, no excuse not to eat healthy. I'm done with sugary/fatty eating habits.

That's how mine is. Full squat rack, bar and bumpers in the garage. I just wish I could hit PRs like I used to. Now all my lifts are essentially stalled out unless I eat more than the recomp I've been doing this whole year.

westtoeast

• Bristles
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2017, 02:59:07 PM »
This is perfect!

With the holidays and travel, I wasn't feeling up to a rigorous "No Spend" month. But I'll commit to not spending on a few key weakness areas!

No clothing (successful since September, need to keep going)
No Uber rides (I make a lot of excuses for this one. I am carless and sometimes public transport fails me and I Uber Pool instead. I tried to quit in September and failed. Cold turkey is the only way. I'm giving myself ONE free pass for getting from work to a doctor's appointment when there just isn't enough time between for public transit)
No exercise excuses (this can tie in nicely with the No Uber goal, actually...)

Juslookin

• Bristles
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2017, 04:58:59 PM »
For the past few months I have set a very challenging budget and have tried to get there. We are a family of four and something always seems to come up, so although each month I have been closer and closer to my goal, I have not quite hit the slightly over zealous budget I have set.

There is a goal in mind and this extra tight budget is temporary, but I know we can do it, and damnit, this is going to be the month!

No extra spending, no eating out, food budget $10.00 under for first week shopping. Done and done for today no excuses and I don't feel the slightest bit deprived. It's my goal, I set it, and I'm going to reach it for November! Thanks PJ!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 05:02:32 PM by Juslookin »

haypug16

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2017, 12:26:44 PM »
Nov 1 - #1 Bike has a flat that DH needs to fix before I can ride . #2 No spending yesterday. #3 Got home yesterday and cleaned my kitchen and read a book I've been trying to finish for a few months!

Nov 2 - #1 Bike still not fixed boo! #2 made myself a latte and got lunch bought for me. #3 busy night, I'm watching my nieces and nephew but when I get home I'll clean another part of the house and do some more reading before I watch any more Stranger Things or Riverdale.

No Excuses
1. Ride bike to work provided it's above 50 and not raining
2. Stick to budget - no unplanned spending
3. Get to my To Do list! No going home and loafing around on my phone or watching TV

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2017, 01:11:59 PM »
I'm two for two on getting some PT exercises in, and I made an intake appointment for Wednesday (first available day) for this new post-op round of PT. I'm only doing really basic stuff now since I haven't seen the therapist yet and don't want to fuck anything up. So it should be VERY EASY (glares sternly at self) to do it every single day until I get some real exercises on Wednesday.

When I lived in Boston metro my "walk home from work" cut-off was more like 25 degrees, not 50. You can do it! :-)

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2017, 01:49:10 PM »

NO fast food/ NO solo eating out

Day 2: Another day without needing the car, another day where I brought lunch to work. More importantly, I ate the food I brought. Seriously, the closest restroom to my office is in the restaurant next door.

Day 1: A relatively normal day. No need to use the car, and I brought lunch to work, even though popping home shouldn't be an issue. I may even get out the bike this afternoon, if the winds don't pick up too much.

kaypinkHH

• Pencil Stache
    • My first Journal!
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2017, 01:52:43 PM »
No more being lazy- going to exercise 5x per week. (45 mins min)
No more takeout lunches, sticking to the food budget and saving our restaurant food for special occasions
No new clothes- if something wears out, I'm going to a thrift store.

Day 1: Went for a 45min walk to the grocery store to buy stuff to make fried rice instead of take out. 2 Birds one stone.

haypug16

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2017, 01:58:00 PM »

When I lived in Boston metro my "walk home from work" cut-off was more like 25 degrees, not 50. You can do it! :-)

Haha I know I should lower that temp I've only ridden' to work twice since I've been here (7 years in this building) so there have already been lots of excuses about that.

Mongoose

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2017, 08:16:23 AM »
I've gotten my runs in and bought DD a coat. DS had outgrown his but DDs fit him (we get gender neutral outerwear for ease of handing down plus her coat was already a hand me down from somewhere). So he got her coat and she got a different one. Goodwill had zero warm coats and I was going to go retail but remembered a resale shop we hadn't visited. Win! Maybe my new favorite place. Her coat was $8.50. I did get them both vests to wear under their coats because neither coat is heavy enough on its own to keep them warm. We like to go winter hiking and warm kids are happy kids. $23.50 for both kids.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2017, 09:38:49 AM »
No more buying my favorite cheesecake and have that for dinner whenever DH plans to eat somewhere else. This cheesecake is very expensive and unhealthy. Is is only sold by 2 pieces and that is exactly 1 piece too many.

No buying of sweets if I go shopping the coming days, even though sweets might be on sale in the shops now for Halloween. Both DH and I need to watch our weight at this moment.

No more buying of comfort food at the newsstand if I need to visit the city for work.

No more buying of chocolate bars when the grocery store has discount market. This will be a very difficult one. I often buy quite a large pile when they are so cheap.

Well, yesterday was the second of November and the first point blew already. Facepunch!
The cheesecake was on sale, so I bought 2x2. They have all bern consumed by now. Yes, I am aware of having an eating disorder. It has something to do with being home alone for three days and having the freeday to behave in an irresponsible way, for matters of eating. I also bought a bottle of wine and had 3 glasses last night.

The small positive thing is that I had leftover food from the fridge for dinner yesterday and will do the same tonight. And apart from the cheesecake and wine and a box of Christmas cookies (still closed) I didn't buy other unnecessary things.

I have a lot to work on when it comes to self control on food. BTW, my BMI is still in the normal range, because I do this relatively seldom. But still, this is not normal behaviour.