Author Topic: No clothes shopping - June 2017  (Read 3373 times)

ABK

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: No clothes shopping - June 2017
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2017, 10:55:02 AM »
I did have to buy one item this month - I'm on a sports team and I needed to buy a team jersey for races. But besides that we've been continuing to purge our closets rather than fill them. I'm also on a sabbatical until the end of the year so I won't need anything new until at least January.

haypug16

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2017, 08:23:13 AM »
I made it through June and so far July is looking good too. Though I am tempted with my new job to buy a few new work outfits!!! I will try to resist.

RetirementInvestingToday

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Retirement Investing Today
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2017, 01:58:41 PM »
Great idea for a thread.  So much money is wasted on 'throw away' clothing here in the UK.  This month I ended up having to buy a new pair of shoes.  My last clothes purchase was Jan 2015 so I managed 2.5 years without making a clothes purchase.  I'm happy with that.
44 years of age, UK based (for now) and FI.  Trying to now gather the courage to FIRE. A lot more detail on my blog http://www.retirementinvestingtoday.com/

Bella78

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2017, 08:35:26 AM »
After cleaning out and reorganizing my closet a couple of weeks ago, I have realized I have enough clothes.  I told my SO that I am going to try to not buy any clothes between now and the end of the year.