Author Topic: Monthly Goals- August 2022  (Read 1434 times)

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
Monthly Goals- August 2022
« on: August 01, 2022, 10:07:52 AM »
@Raenia --I know you always start these threads but since I've been away for the past month or two so I'm eager to set up my goals :) I've been feeling off kilter due to travel, illness, weight-gain and lack of routine. This summer has been fun but I'm ready for some discipline to help me recover my balance.

August Goals :)

- daily yoga & breath work (any amount). Have been off of this since June when I had Covid--just started 2 days ago in micro amounts and my body and lungs are totally out-of-whack
-daily meditation (any amount) Same as above. Happy to get back to some sort of routine

-pay off LOC ($1700) --this is the longest I've held debt in a decade..really would love to clear the slate
-have 10-15 no spend days
-don't buy any kindle books! (a weak spot)

-*attempt* to intersperse a few minutes of jogging into my walks
-IF minimum 4x/week

summer-ness
-complete a tour-du-lac (visit all the lakes in our community in one day)
-hammock at least once/week, find a few new spots for hanging
-camp at least 2x
-hike 2x/week

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
Re: Monthly Goals- August 2022
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 12:46:53 PM »
Thanks for starting the new thread!

1. Read 8 books
  a. 1 Philosophy
  b. 1 History/Natural History
  c. 4 from TBR
2. Do at least 30 sit-ups per day (average)
3. Spend time outside 23/31 days

Creativity:
4. Sewing Projects
  4a. Repair DH pants
  4b. Blouse Muslin
  4c. Blouse
5. Bake something each week
6. Try a new food/recipe

Social:
10. See family
11. Plan to see friends

GardenBaker

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 08:39:11 AM »
I cannot believe August is already here! Here are my goals for the month:

Social: Do something social with a friend at least once
Mental: Read 2 books
Financial: Pay an extra $1,000 toward debt
               Eat 4 / 7 meals weekly from the freezer stash
Health: Exercise 20/31 days
            Lose 3 lbs - starting weight 140.6
Business: Work on improving SEO on older blog posts
               Clean up Pinterest boards to be more niche focused
Home: Clean up the summer garden to prepare for fall planting

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 11:39:04 AM »
This year is flying by! Only four more months left in the year (past August).....
@Serendip - I feel the same, a bit untethered and I lost some of my drive and discipline.

I realized in June that I needed to re-prioritize. Funny how getting sick has a way of cutting through the BS.
It took me all of July to come to terms with myself and my goals.

FINANCES - GOAL - Save min $1907 mo
1. Saved an extra $1,100 this month.
2. Plus did the paperwork for an $800 reimbursement - added to savings
TOTAL saved $3807 - DONE!

The ultimate goal for the rest of the year is to maintain a firm grip on my finances.
1. Cancel media subscription - $6.80 mo
2. Change bank accounts to free again (don't ask:) - $5 mo/$5-Mr. R.
3. Cash in on $25 at Swagbucks (GC Amazon - since SW allows only one 12-15% discount card per month) - DONE w only 2200 pts:)
4. I'll keep an eye on SW offers - sometimes I forget to check and use them for my online purchases.
5. Check on my Health insurance carriers perks - for free money (reimbursements or rewards for shots etc) - discounts/GC
6. Look for opportunities to optimize and save ... ongoing

HEALTH
1. Order a used Meditteranean Diet cookbook and integrate it into my daily cooking for us
2. Fix min four dishes from the Anti-Inflammatory Diet & Action Plans book - preferably two dishes a week, but I'll start with one dish a week
3. Fix one dish from the A Vegetarian Ecstacy cookbook 
4. Fix one seafood dish a week
5. No food past seven in the evening
6. Kill the new ice cream habit!

READING - EDUCATION

1. Study Medicinal Herb Book(s) - Ongoing...
2. Take an online class in Medicinal Herbs and pursue certification. Started a course on How to make a Herbal First Aid Kit.
3. Check bookclub, tech class ... at local library
4. Compose a beneficial, specific to me, herbal tea mixture from the medicinal herbs in my garden. Working on it

5.... and the highly annoying boomer issue, ha ha ha - I got a new Galaxy Fold 3 and need to set it up better - youtube and DIL to the rescue.
I love tech - so I wanted the newest and coolest and now I'm ticked off because I can't figure out the simple two-year-old kid stuff - GRRR

CREATIVE
Baking/cooking - once a week
1. Find and try recipes for: passionfruit - avocado - elderberries - lime..... Making Key Lime Pie today
2. Bake an old-fashioned German Streuselkuchen - I'm thrilled to have found the authentic German recipe in an old German baking book.
It is baked on a large rectangle deep baking sheet - then you divide it up if you like - to make four versions of Kuchen at once.
One part Plumkuchen-my fav (they are a small tart Italian (prune?) variety, one part Applekuchen, one part Streusel only and one part Butterkuchen.

SOCIAL
Stay in touch with family and friends - at least one visit and phone call a week.

GARDEN
1. Keep alive - water - weed - plant new plantlings.
2. No plant purchases or garden purchases in AUG - no exceptions!
3. Bought soaker hoses at Aldi - now we just have to install them - perhaps this weekend...

DE-CLUTTER - ongoing
It is a slower progress than I would like, but there is progress.
SO FAR THIS MONTH
KITCHEN - cleaned and de-cluttered one huge upper cabinet. Trashed an entire big kitchen trash bag.
Cleaned and de-cluttered under the sink. 
PAPER and STUDY - tackled all recent hospital and doctor bills. Reviewed all medical accounts and claims online for accuracy.
E-MAIL - cleared all promotional and social
COUNTER - 70% cleared/decluttered now - was 100%. Always a tough one since this is where a lot of the sorting, herb drying, and projects take place.

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 11:37:37 AM »
Short first week, but let's do an update anyway!

1. Read 8 books - 1/1, slightly behind track but should be fine
  a. 1 Philosophy - on request from library
  b. 1 History/Natural History - on request from library
  c. 4 from TBR - 1/4, 2 out from library
2. Do at least 30 sit-ups per day (average) - 42 average
3. Spend time outside 23/31 days - 3/4, on track

Creativity:
4. Sewing Projects
  4a. Repair DH pants
  4b. Blouse Muslin
  4c. Blouse
5. Bake something each week - Pizza, Granola, Whole Wheat Bread, Pear Muffins
6. Try a new food/recipe - Planning a new marmalade recipe, and blackberry jam

Social:
10. See family - FIL tonight, Mom+Sis+MIL planned
11. Plan to see friends

LinneaH

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2022, 02:41:54 PM »
Really late in joining, but I have not been well. At least I have been thinking a lot :-D. I have used the "life wheel" model, deciding on ten important areas in my life and set August goals in each of them.

• Family: have a nice long weekend trip and then prepare for back to school.
  • Sleep: lights out 10.30 pm if working next day. Also decrease sleeping in to get back to regular sleep schedule.
  • Apartment: Once to charity, once to recycling place. Also sort out the electricity app for the new phone (5-10 min task). Meet up w/the balcony man for the cats, hopefully this Tuesday.
  • Food and nutrition: sweets and snacks (and wine) only when travelling and on weekends. Decrease late night eating.
  • Health: call and reschedule appointment (if necessary). Call about DS1 appointment to confirm. Find place for DS1 skin screening.
  • Family and friends: contact JH and plan a meet-up.
  • Everyday life and lifestyle: Start walking more.
  • Commitments - community, travel and studies: continue w/the soccer club arrangement. Find out more about the tests for the language course.
  • Exercise: Yoga and running. Try to do some yoga early mornings and before sleep. Cannot set a running goal as my knee is an issue.
  • Finance: continue finding "snowflakes" small extra money to throw at my student loan in December. Made $5 today by selling some books. Also sort out the car insurance (switch provider)

As always:
Green: completed
Blue: progress
Orange: at risk
Red: did not complete

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 07:16:01 AM »
UPDATE

FINANCES - GOAL - Save min $1907 mo

The ultimate goal for the rest of the year is to maintain a firm grip on my finances.
1. Cancel media subscription - $6.80 mo - DONE!

2. Change bank accounts to free again (don't ask:) - $5 mo/$5-Mr. R. - DONE!
3. Cash in on $25 at Swagbucks (GC Amazon - since SW allows only one 12-15% discount card per month) - DONE w only 2200 pts:)
4. I'll keep an eye on SW offers - sometimes I forget to check and use them for my online purchases.
5. Check on my Health insurance carriers perks - for free money (reimbursements or rewards for shots etc) - discounts/GC

6. Look for opportunities to optimize and save ... ongoing - FOUND ONE ($100K CD, 3.3% APY, Min $1k-add anytime up to $100k)

HEALTH - ON TRACK
1. Order a used Meditteranean Diet cookbook and integrate it into my daily cooking for us
2. Fix min four dishes from the Anti-Inflammatory Diet & Action Plans book - preferably two dishes a week, but I'll start with one dish a week
3. Fix one dish from the A Vegetarian Ecstacy cookbook
4. Fix one seafood dish a week
5. No food past seven in the evening
6. Kill the new ice cream habit!

READING - EDUCATION - ON TRACK
2. Take an online class in Medicinal Herbs and pursue certification. Started a course on How to make a Herbal First Aid Kit.
4. Compose a beneficial, specific to me, herbal tea mixture from the medicinal herbs in my garden. Working on it

5.... and the highly annoying boomer issue, ha ha ha - I got a new Galaxy Fold 3 and need to set it up better - youtube and DIL to the rescue.
I love tech - so I wanted the newest and coolest and now I'm ticked off because I can't figure out the simple two-year-old kid stuff - GRRR
- GETTING THERE:) - it is simple really, but oh so frustrating.

CREATIVE Baking/cooking - once a week
1. Find and try recipes for: passionfruit - avocado - elderberries -
Week one: Persian Limes from our tree ..... made (totally awesome) Key Lime Pie/Parfait

2. Bake an old-fashioned German Streuselkuchen - I'm thrilled to have found the authentic German recipe in an old German baking book.
It is baked on a large rectangle deep baking sheet - then you divide it up if you like - to make four versions of Kuchen at once.
One part Plumkuchen-my fav (they are a small tart Italian (prune?) variety, one part Applekuchen, one part Streusel only and one part Butterkuchen.

SOCIAL
Stay in touch with family and friends - at least one visit and phone call a week.

GARDEN - week one: ON TRACK
1. Keep alive - water - weed - plant new plantlings.
2. No plant purchases or garden purchases in AUG - no exceptions!
3. Bought soaker hoses at Aldi - now we just have to install them - perhaps this weekend...

DE-CLUTTER - ongoing - very happy with week one and week two is beginning to look good too:)
WEEK ONE
KITCHEN - cleaned and de-cluttered one huge upper cabinet. Trashed an entire big kitchen trash bag.
PAPER and STUDY - tackled all recent hospital and doctor bills. Reviewed all medical accounts and claims online for accuracy.
COUNTER - 70% cleared/decluttered now - was 100%. Always a tough one since this is where a lot of the sorting, herb drying, and projects take place.

Week Two - Mr. R. was off Monday
... so we caught up on some garden maintenance that I needed help with - yay!
... discussed finances which resulted in finalizing/executing another financial goal.
... I'm feeling better healthwise - so things are moving right along.

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2022, 09:05:53 AM »
Week 2 update!

1. Read 8 books - 3/8, on track
  a. 1 Philosophy - Started
  b. 1 History/Natural History - Started
  c. 4 from TBR - 2/4, 1 started, 2 on request
2. Do at least 30 sit-ups per day (average) - 41 average
3. Spend time outside 23/31 days - 10/11, on track

Creativity:
4. Sewing Projects - No progress
  4a. Repair DH pants
  4b. Blouse Muslin
  4c. Blouse
5. Bake something each week - Pizza, Granola x2, Whole Wheat Bread, Pear Muffins x2
6. Try a new food/recipe - Blackberry Jam, Orange Marmalade (new recipe, I think I like it better than the last one I used), plus plans to make Wine Jelly from a bottle of wine we didn't like, and Blackberry wine from extra PYO blackberries

Social:
10. See family - FIL 1, Mom+Sis+MIL planned
11. Plan to see friends - None yet

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2022, 07:53:04 PM »

August Goals: update

- daily yoga & breath work (any amount): not daily but did a few!
-daily meditation (any amount): falling behind on this one

-pay off LOC ($1700): PAID!
-have 10-15 no spend days: lost track *shrugs* but not doing unnecessary shopping
-don't buy any kindle books: on track

-*attempt* to intersperse a few minutes of jogging into my walks: haven't tried yet
-IF minimum 4x/week: yes--hit this goal this week

summer-ness
-complete a tour-du-lac (visit all the lakes in our community in one day): did a partial one last week
-hammock at least once/week, find a few new spots for hanging: success and found a great new spot over a creek(
-camp at least 2x: not yet
-hike 2x/week: yes!

GardenBaker

• Stubble
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2022, 12:42:28 PM »
Mid Month Update

Social: Do something social with a friend at least once Yes, grabbed dinner and then went to see a movie with a friend
Mental: Read 2 books 1/2
Financial: Pay an extra $1,000 toward debt in progress
               Eat 4 / 7 meals weekly from the freezer stash the first week of August no, but the second week of August yes!
Health: Exercise 20/31 days only exercised 3 days so far...yikes
            Lose 3 lbs - starting weight 140.6 no weight lost, likely due to no exercise
Business: Work on improving SEO on older blog posts in progress
               Clean up Pinterest boards to be more niche focused Done!
Home: Clean up the summer garden to prepare for fall planting in progress

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2022, 12:30:30 PM »
Week 3 update!

1. Read 8 books - 4/8, on track
  a. 1 Philosophy - Done
  c. 4 from TBR - 2/4, 1 started, 2 on request
2. Do at least 30 sit-ups per day (average) - 35 average
3. Spend time outside 23/31 days - 15/18, on track

Creativity:
4. Sewing Projects - No progress
  4a. Repair DH pants
  4b. Blouse Muslin
  4c. Blouse
5. Bake something each week - Pizza, Granola x3, Whole Wheat Bread x2, Pear Muffins x2, White Bread
6. Try a new food/recipe - Blackberry Jam, Orange Marmalade, Wine Jelly, Blackberry Wine

Social:
10. See family - FIL 1, Mom 1, Mom+Sis+MIL planned
11. Plan to see friends - Done!  Dinner party planned for September.

nlsantamaria25

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2022, 09:49:47 PM »
August goals
Study: To practice English 2 hours each day
. . . . . .  Finish my 3 courses the finance in Coursera

Read: 1 listening book - Atomic Habits

Health: Maintein my diet and weight, Last month I lost 5 kgs

Ability: To begin my practice course drive car

Finance: To save money: don't buy clothes   this month

Sent from my SM-A127M using Tapatalk

LinneaH

• Bristles
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2022, 03:19:28 AM »
You all are doing very well!

I was travelling w/the kids and now school and work has started. Combined w/heatwave made sleeping a mess and I have been very tired. Some progress though.

• Sleep: lights out 10.30 pm if working next day. Also decrease sleeping in to get back to regular sleep schedule.
  • Apartment: Once to charity, once to recycling place (twice already). Also sort out the electricity app for the new phone (5-10 min task). Meet up w/the balcony man for the cats, hopefully this Tuesday. He was here to plan, but unsure when he can do the job. Hope in the next couple of weeks.
  • Food and nutrition: sweets and snacks (and wine) only when travelling and on weekends. Decrease late night eating. This has been really bad. Partly due to lack of sleep.
  • Health: call and reschedule appointment (if necessary). Call about DS1 appointment to confirm. Find place for DS1 skin screening.
  • Family and friends: contact JH and plan a meet-up.
  • Everyday life and lifestyle: Start walking more. Some progress but it has been to hot most of the time. The weather is now changing so I am hopeful.
  • Commitments - community, travel and studies: continue w/the soccer club arrangement. Find out more about the tests for the language course.
  • Exercise: Yoga and running. Try to do some yoga early mornings and before sleep. Cannot set a running goal as my knee is an issue.
  • Finance: continue finding "snowflakes" small extra money to throw at my student loan in December. Made $5 today by selling some books. Also sort out the car insurance (switch provider)

As always:
Blue: progress
Orange: at risk

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2022, 08:14:11 AM »
UPDATE

FINANCES - GOAL - Save min $1907 mo - DONE!

1. Cancel media subscription - $6.80 mo - DONE!

2. Change bank accounts to free again (don't ask:) - $5 mo/$5-Mr. R. - DONE!
5. Check on my Health insurance carriers perks - for free money (reimbursements or rewards for shots etc) - discounts/GC - WORKING ON IT! - FOUND SOME PERKS AMOUNTING TO $75 - DONE!

6. Look for opportunities to optimize and save ... ongoing - FOUND ONE ($100K CD, 3.3% APY, Min $1k-add anytime up to $100k) - DONE!

HEALTH - ON TRACK
1. Order a used Meditteranean Diet cookbook and integrate it into my daily cooking for us - WORKING ON IT!
2. Fix min four dishes from the Anti-Inflammatory Diet & Action Plans book - preferably two dishes a week, but I'll start with one dish a week - DONE!
3. Fix one dish from the A Vegetarian Ecstacy cookbook - WORKING ON IT!
4. Fix one seafood dish a week - DONE!
5. No food past seven in the evening - UGH - ONLY 70% SUCCESS...
6. Kill the new ice cream habit! - DOUBLE UGH - MR. R. BOUGHT MY FAV ICE CREAM - SO NOT HAPPENING UNTIL THAT IS GONE - by next week

READING - EDUCATION - ON TRACK - to be cont'd into September - working on it!

- GETTING THERE:) - it is simple really, but oh so frustrating. - STILL NEED TO DELETE BLOATWARE and GET BETTER AT TAKING PICS but otherwise DONE!

CREATIVE Baking/cooking - once a week
1. Find and try recipes for: passionfruit - avocado - elderberries -
Week one: Persian Limes from our tree ..... made (totally awesome) Key Lime Pie/Parfait
Week two: Elderberry - medicinal tincture (no pie) and found a great recipe for Elderberry Champagne for next year
Week three and four: Passionfruit - tropical jam w/pineapple and Avocado brownies.

NOT YET - moving to September, don't have time to squeeze it in this week or next.

SOCIAL
Stay in touch with family and friends - at least one visit and phone call a week. DONE!

GARDEN - week one: ON TRACK
1. Keep alive - water - weed - plant new plantlings. ON TRACK!
2. No plant purchases or garden purchases in AUG - no exceptions! SO FAR SO GOOD!
3. Bought soaker hoses at Aldi - now we just have to install them - perhaps this weekend... - Moving to September! Luckily we've had more rain!

DE-CLUTTER - ongoing - very happy with week one and week two is beginning to look good too:)
WEEK ONE

Week Two - Mr. R. was off Monday
... so we caught up on some garden maintenance that I needed help with - yay!
... discussed finances which resulted in finalizing/executing another financial goal.
... I'm feeling better healthwise - so things are moving right along.

Week three and four - got a little help with decluttering the kitchen
- KITCHEN - Pantry cleaned and decluttered - HAPPY DANCE!:)
- KITCHEN - Three drawers cleaned and decluttered - doing spice drawer today and maybe the kitchen paper/alu/baggies by Monday.

TO BE CONT'D as SEP GOALS
KITCHEN - That only leaves two large deep drawers, a regular size drawer and the junk drawer UGH!!! plus five small (easy to clean and declutter) upper cabinets.

I'm thinking of going back in - just to de-clutter some more extra cups, glasses, and never-used plates. Mr. R. is never happy with me for doing that but I want to see some free space and extra room in my cupboards. Two people do not need 15 coffee mugs.   

OVERALL - I accomplished about 75% of my goals this month and I'm good with that. 
1. This weekend it is on to Ikea for a new kitchen light fixture since the old one is broken.
2. I'm hoping that Sep will finally be the month where I get to re-paint or have someone else repaint five of the most used kitchen cupboards.
It's driving me nuts to see where the paint chipped off. Unfortunately, we had to paint over a plastic film using primer and oil paint - so not easy at all.

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2022, 01:21:30 PM »
Week 4 update!

1. Read 8 books - 6/8, at risk
  a. 1 Philosophy - Done
  c. 4 from TBR - 4/4, Done
2. Do at least 30 sit-ups per day (average) - 36 average
3. Spend time outside 23/31 days - 21/25, on track

Creativity:
4. Sewing Projects - Sewing machine is broken, on hold until fixed
  4a. Repair DH pants
  4b. Blouse Muslin
  4c. Blouse
5. Bake something each week - Pizza, Granola x4, Whole Wheat Bread x4, Pear Muffins x2, White Bread
6. Try a new food/recipe - Blackberry Jam, Orange Marmalade, Wine Jelly, Blackberry Wine

Social:
10. See family - FIL 1, Mom 1, Mom+Sis+MIL planned
11. Plan to see friends - Done!  Dinner party planned for September.

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2022, 11:05:06 AM »

August Goals: final update: A wonderful but scattered month which ended with a 5 day island retreat/course. Didn't necessarily "accomplish" my listed goals but blew other expectations out of the water, so I'll take it :)

- daily yoga & breath work (any amount): not daily but schedule was all over the place
-daily meditation (any amount): fell off the wagon

-pay off LOC ($1700): PAID!
-have 10-15 no spend days: lost track
-don't buy any kindle books: only bought two for a course

-*attempt* to intersperse a few minutes of jogging into my walks: jaunted a few times
-IF minimum 4x/week: a mixed bag this month but will refocus for Sept

summer-ness
-complete a tour-du-lac (visit all the lakes in our community in one day): did a partial one
-hammock at least once/week, find a few new spots for hanging: success
-camp at least 2x: yes
-hike 2x/week: yes!

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2022, 10:42:20 AM »
Final update

1. Read 8 books - 8/8, squeaked in at the end
  a. 1 Philosophy - Done
  b. 1 History/Natural History - Done
  c. 4 from TBR - 4/4, Done
2. Do at least 30 sit-ups per day (average) - 35 average
3. Spend time outside 23/31 days - 24/31, just made it

Creativity:
4. Sewing Projects - Sewing machine is broken, on hold until fixed
  4a. Repair DH pants
  4b. Blouse Muslin
  4c. Blouse
5. Bake something each week - Pizza, Granola x4, Whole Wheat Bread x4, Pear Muffins x2, White Bread

Social:
10. See family - FIL 1, Mom 2, Sis 1, MIL 1
11. Plan to see friends - Done!

LinneaH

• Bristles
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2022, 11:24:06 AM »
I am late with my final report, but for a good reason. I have, together with two other persons, been responible for a local community/local kids sports club event that took place yesterday. We have been working with this for several months, and it has been one of the toughest things I have done in many years.
It has been great, the other two are really fun and good responsible persons to work with but I am very glad that it is over now. The day went well and I/we felt really proud of the outcome. Now I will get hours per week back, and more time for sleep which is badly needed.

All in all it has been a unique, stressful and good month :-).

So final report - as always:

• Sleep: lights out 10.30 pm if working next day. Did not happen due to event planning. At least I slept a lot last night. Will focus on this in September. Also decrease sleeping in to get back to regular sleep schedule.
  • Apartment: Once to charity, once to recycling place . Also sort out the electricity app for the new phone (5-10 min task). Meet up w/the balcony man for the cats. He was here to measure and plan, but nothing heard since. Will contact him coming week.
  • Food and nutrition: sweets and snacks (and wine) only when travelling and on weekends. Decrease late night eating. Really bad first part of August, better later on. Partly due to lack of sleep.
  • Family and friends: contact JH and plan a meet-up. Move to September.
  • Everyday life and lifestyle: Start walking more. Some progress - good enough, but need to do better now that I have more time.
  • Commitments - community, travel and studies. Continue w/the soccer club arrangement - completed! Find out more about the tests for the language course - done, signed up for the test and have started studying. Happy!.
  • Exercise: Yoga and running. Some but then had a cold. At least I have started to run again, even though only very short distance.
  • Finance: continue finding "snowflakes" small extra money to throw at my student loan in December. Made $5 today by selling some books. Also, had $90 refund, however not due to my own action and I would rather have had the service but as this was not possible, I am happy for the money back w/o any issues. Also sort out the car insurance (switch provider) - tried but they didn't contact me back like they said they would. Did not have time to chase them.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!