Author Topic: Continued: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter! PART 2  (Read 195015 times)

innkeeper77

• Stubble
Re: Continued: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter! PART 2
« Reply #2250 on: March 17, 2019, 12:04:34 AM »
This past month of de-cluttering has been going well! Most of this junk took a significant amount of moving van space when we moved into this house, and was not touched since then.... our next move will be much easier.

A large box of electronics has been dropped off at a city e-recycling day (Broken car radio, old hard drives, busted fans, a trashed and stripped laptop, bulky/hard to unload things like that)
Literal garbage (old business venture materials, etc, which have zero resale market and I couldn't give away for free) - five garbage bags full- is gone
A second entire car load of misc good condition "junk" and clothing is ready to go to the resale shop after the first load a few weeks ago.
TWO old dressers were taken away from our porch with minimal hassle (Thanks craigslist free section!) - DW and I now share a dresser!
"Junk drawer" bits and parts for an old hobby- 2 large boxes worth- gone for $60
And a piece of equipment from a failed business venture just sold on ebay for almost $1000! Even after 50lbs of shipping, that is well over $800.

We still have "stuff", but the house is beginning to feel bare, and we will be able to stage it to sell with minimal effort. The guest bedroom (when not staging the resale shop load) is empty, and the office is close to empty aside from the computers. Our master bedroom now holds less stuff than my old rooms from when I lived alone!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 11:29:32 AM by innkeeper77 »

slackmax

• Stubble
« Reply #2251 on: March 17, 2019, 06:27:43 AM »
Brought a bag-o-books down to the library. Previously checked on internet to see if I could resell any online to 'buyback' places. Out of 10 books, all were worth zero, except one self-help book that was worth 16 cents.

Happily donated the 10 books to the library.

Also brought a bag-o-junk (said in jest) to Good Will. I'm sure they will put out at least half of it for sale. If they toss the rest, so be it.   

adamsputnik

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2252 on: March 17, 2019, 03:13:54 PM »
I went back through my closet after cleaning it out five or six months ago. Found even more stuff to get rid of or donate, including the forgotten tubs of sweaters lurking under the bed.

I also reorganised my dresser drawers to help aid in the clean out. Definitely all seems to be easier to find stuff now, and the closet doesn't seem nearly as cluttered.

oneday

• Handlebar Stache
  • Resilient as fuck -J_Oden
« Reply #2253 on: March 17, 2019, 07:16:53 PM »
Spontaneously decluttered a 4-foot tall cat scratch post last night.  As a friend was packing up to go home, my eye fell on the post and I said, "that's the post I offered you the other day, that you didn't think would work."  She looked it over and changed her mind, so we loaded it into her car an today her cat has a nice, new sturdy and stable perch!  Yay!