We intend to keep our spending within $1200 for the following categories -
1. Food (Groceries + Eating out) - 300
2. Utilities (Gas, electricity, water and trash) - $200
3. Spending allowance ($40 per month)
4. Cell phone ($110). Next month I will be paying off the phone from TMobile, so our bill is going to be around $70 per month. I am going to look to see if I can switch cell phone provider. I feel like I am paying too much for mobile phone.
5. Internet - $54.99
6. Home insurance and property taxes - $400 (we have no mortgage, so I have budget for this myself)
7. Fuel - $30
Total - $1134.99
I have some additional expenses this month, which are not regular, such as a tax bill to my state, and HOA fees. My goal is to optimize spending for these categories as much as possible. I will update our progress here.
As of 3/5/2017 -
Food - $55.01
Internet - $54.99
Cell phone - $109.54
Home insurance + property taxes - $400
Allowance - $40
Total - $659.54
I think I am doing OK so far considering the only variables for the rest of the month are utilities, food and fuel expenses. We will see how it goes!