Author Topic: Losing Weight in 2016  (Read 459510 times)

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Losing Weight in 2016
« Reply #800 on: June 06, 2016, 08:17:37 AM »
Huh. Yesterday morning I was down into the 147's and quite excited about it. Bought crackers and cheese when I went grocery shopping yesterday, two things I normally avoid because I eat them so quickly. Guess what I had for dinner last night, lol. Was up to 148.4 this morning and a little disappointed that I hadn't lost anything since last week's weigh in.... but just now I looked and realized I'd mis-remembered what last week's weigh in actually was. Yay for tracking. And yay for losing another pound.

Monday check in:

Jan 4 Starting weight: 160
Jan 11 weight: 156
Jan 18 weight: 155.2
Jan 25 weight: 156.8
Feb 1 weight: 155.2
Feb 8 weight: 153.2
Feb 15 weight: 151.6
Feb 22 weight 152.6
Feb 29 weight 152.2
Mar 7 weight 149.4
Mar 14 weight 149.4
Mar 21 weight 149.6
Mar 28 weight 149.2
Apr 4 weight 151.2
Apr 11 weight 151.4
Apr 18 weight 152.0
Apr 25 weight 152.2
May 2 weight 150.4
May 9 weight 148.8
May 16 weight 149.2
May 23 weight 149.4 (extrapolated)
May 30 weight 149.6
June 6 weight 148.4
Goal weight: 130

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #801 on: June 06, 2016, 11:09:01 AM »
work trip this week, which means I will have to be diligent in walking a bunch as well as not overeating on "free meals" - those translate to "big meals of unhealthy stuff" normally...

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #802 on: June 06, 2016, 02:44:23 PM »
Inexplicably, the scale showed a drop of 1.6 pounds this morning.  I don't usually see fluctuations that big.  I'm taking this as a sign that my body wants to release some weight; all I have to do now is eat like *I* want to do the same.  So far so good!

Ugh.  It's been challenging.  My pattern is to drop a few pounds, then celebrate by eating like I was a teenager again.  This time has been no exception.  So I am up 3.2 pounds from the low number.  The good news is that I'm still below the "high" number, and I can see the path back down (at least for the next few pounds).

MicroSpice

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #803 on: June 06, 2016, 02:51:48 PM »
I'm baaaack! I had a wonderful, amazing, relaxing, and fun time with my girlfriends last week. Got home last night, and got back to work this morning. I also decided to step on the scale this morning even though I KNEW it was going to be ugly. There was so much debauchery last week, it's sort of shameful. But it was so good. So I'm thinking it's probably water weight, but I gained over three pounds last week.

My girlfriends did go running with me on Monday morning (on the beach! In Cabo! It was amazing!), but we were not as ambitious the rest of the week. That said, there was a lot of dancing, a lot of walking, and a lot of swimming (okay, mostly tanning, but also some swimming). So at least I was active, but I don't think that made up for all the eating and drinking.

I signed up for a fitness pass at work today, and I will start going to classes on Wednesday (tomorrow is a little slammed, so I won't be starting then). I'd really, really, REALLY like to get to 120 by the time we go on our family vacation in July. If the 3 pounds I gained was water weight (or even just 2 of those pounds was!), I think I can do it. Those numbers are definitely going in the wrong direction, and it's time to stop this nonsense and get serious.

Weight Progress:
- 1/10: 133 pounds
- 2/22: 128 pounds
- 3/25: 123.6 pounds
- 4/28: 124.4 pounds
- 5/2: 125.0 pounds
- 5/17: 123 pounds
- 5/26: 125.6 pounds
- 6/6: 128.8 pounds

Goal Weight: 110 pounds

crispy

« Reply #804 on: June 06, 2016, 03:02:07 PM »
Thanks for the kind welcome everyone! I lost all my weight following the Weight Watchers program and by exercising.  That really helped with my portion control.  I started in 2011 and maintained between 135 to 137 until last August when I was in my car accident and we moved (within a week of each other). I was still tracking my food intake during the week, but got into the habit of not bothering during the weekends.  I also was unable to exercise very strenuously for several months. I knew I was gaining, but I started avoiding the scale like crazy.  I am hoping to jump back into the Weight Watchers meetings if I can find one that works with my schedule.  Accountability was a huge factor in my initial weight loss.

I did take a six mile walk with a friend this weekend and also tracked all my food intake for the weekend which is something I haven't done in a few months.

SingleMomDebt

« Reply #805 on: June 06, 2016, 06:38:02 PM »
Weigh in:

4/24: 170.0 lbs
5/15: 169.0 lbs
5/23: 168.5 lbs
5/30: 167.5 lbs
6/06: 167.0 lbs
Goal: lose 1 lb per wk until ?
would like: 135lb; realistically: 145-150

Met half my weekly goal. I will take it. I feel physically better. Which is awesome. I have been hitting the stairs more often in effort to increase my steps and to get increase my activity level.

I do worry about plateau already. But will keep pushing towards goal. Recording food with MFP. IM me if you wanna be friends on there.

Lessons learned: food prep and have lots of the good stuff laying around.

Hmmm. What are some of the meals I've had...

Sautéed veggies, rice and beans
Caprese salad
Pepper jack sandwiches on wheat and peaches
Cauliflower & lentil curry w naan
Sweet potato & strawberry salad
Taco salad w avocado dressing
Oatmeal and veggie 'sausage' patty

Geostache

• Stubble
« Reply #806 on: June 06, 2016, 08:12:02 PM »
I haven't been able to weigh since Friday, because I flew to the opposite coast for work, and got back this afternoon. I have been having a weird non-appetite for the past three days. I don't know if it's the amount of work I've been doing or the weather, medication, or what. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow. I tried to keep track of what I was eating, but when you work 35 hours in 3 days, it's kind of hard to pay attention.

I prepped some of last week's CSA share tonight for tomorrow's lunch - whole wheat pasta with garlic scape and pistachio pesto and sauteed tatsoi. I'm looking forward to having a home-cooked meal after eating hotel breakfasts and convenient take-outs over the weekend!

@Elaine AMJ: you made the right call with your bike ride. It's better to know your limits and stick to them! 

10dollarsatatime

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #807 on: June 06, 2016, 10:40:09 PM »
5/30/16 - 175.6
6/6/16 - 173.2 (2.4)

I managed to track calories in My Fitness Pal 5 of the last 7 days, which I'm pretty ok with.  I did not do all the running I thought I would, but still managed to drop a healthy amount.

Planned exercise this week:
Tuesday - 9 mile run
Wednesday - Hike
Thursday - 7 mile run
Friday - off... I will be working a 16 hour shift
Saturday - 4 mile run
Sunday - 11 mile run

There will also be lots of gardening and house cleaning this week.  I have Tuesday through Thursday off, work Friday and Saturday, and then fly to Denver on Sunday.  I would like my house and yard to not be a shambles for the pet sitter.  Little motivates me to clean more than some outsider coming into my house...

rockstache

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #808 on: June 07, 2016, 07:09:45 AM »

January 4: 153.0
February 1: 147.2
March 7: 140.2
April 4: 135.8
May 2: 134.8
June 7: 133.0

Checking in because I forgot yesterday. I think I am going to switch to a first Tuesday or Wednesday of the month weigh in anyway. Mondays are depressing weight days.

BUT, I can officially say I am down 20 lbs since January! I have been over and under 133 the last week or so. I hope I haven't hit a plateau, although I can definitely see how it has slowed down from the beginning months. Oh well...I'll be chugging away through the summer I guess.

Great job to everyone checking in, this thread is really encouraging.

MicroSpice

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #809 on: June 07, 2016, 08:41:26 AM »
I know our May "challenge" is over, but even though I had a less than stellar performance on that end, I think I'm still going to try checking in every weekday. Keeps me accountable.

Speaking of accountability, I don't know about C25K. Shocker. I could start over - I only fell off the wagon in Week 2 - but I really, really, really dislike running. Like I said yesterday, I signed up for a fitness pass at work, and I plan on using that at LEAST 4 days a week, but will shoot for 5, allowing for my actual work schedule. I'm planning on 3 days a week of yoga or pilates and then 2 days a week of circuit or strength training. There are lots of classes I can do (even boot camp!), and I plan on switching it up to keep things interesting.

I won't make excuses - I just don't like running. I know I could finish the program, but once that's over, I am 99% sure I would not continue to run after it's done. Meh. I guess I would rather do something I know I am enjoying and will continue to do. Also, exercising during the workday seems to mesh better with my personality - I am just not going to wake up at 5:30 a.m. to exercise. Probably not ever. Know thyself!

@rockstache - Your weight loss is inspirational! Keep going and keep doing what you're doing. It's working.

@10dollarsatatime - Lol at your cleaning. It's part of why I don't hire a housekeeper (in addition to my cheap ways). I know I would just clean the house before they got there, anyway.

@Geostache - Glad you're home! Traveling that much tends to mess with my digestive system, too. But your CSA score sounds amazing!

rockstache

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #810 on: June 07, 2016, 10:01:23 AM »
Thanks Microspice!

I'm totally with you on the running. I can be tricked and coerced into most forms of exercise, but nothing about running works for me. I hate it so.

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #811 on: June 07, 2016, 01:31:50 PM »
@rockstache So awesome!!! Congratulations!! It is an amazing feeling :)

@Microspice Add me to the non-running group! Although earlier this year I was doing some conditioning which involved running in one spot for 3 minutes a day. It was rather amazing to find out I could run for tiny distances. One time I even jogged (outside) for abut 10 minutes (super slowly) without stopping. That said - I LOVE walking - and am so much happier walking for hours so I figure I don't need to stress myself out about the running thing.

@10dollarsatatime The pounds are dropping - a lb at a time!

As for me, I'm trying out maintenance for now. It's rather nice. I stopped counting calories although I log here and there. I managed to drop some of the water weight from the weekend so that was nice. I'm at 135 lbs this morning (up from my low last week of 132.6) so we'll see. I'm going to relax this week and then maybe get a bit stricter next week. On the plus side, I know portion sizes AND what my normal meals should look like now.

MicroSpice

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #812 on: June 08, 2016, 09:27:30 AM »
@elaine amj - You might not run, but your bike rides are epic! I don't think I'll ever be an epic athlete (which I am at peace with), but I am so impressed by people who are. Takes some serious dedication and cajones.

Today is yoga today and I forgot my mat! Luckily, I have a coworker who can't make it to the session today and she said I could borrow hers. Score!

In other news, the weight I had from my trip seems to have at least been partially water weight. I am down 2 pounds from Monday's weigh-in, so I'm feeling pretty encouraged. I am locked up tight on the food tracking and we did a Costco run last night, so we are fully stocked up on easy, healthy, yummy food (not necessarily mustachian, but certainly better than going out to eat). Today's lunch is kind of a mish-mash since I didn't prep last night: sardines in lemon juice and olive oil, a cherry lime sparkling water, and a mango quinoa salad cup. Lots of protein and lots of yumminess.

I am really grateful for this thread - every time I think about throwing in the towel, I think about all of you. So thanks!

Adge

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #813 on: June 08, 2016, 10:28:23 AM »
Today's lunch is kind of a mish-mash since I didn't prep last night: sardines in lemon juice and olive oil, a cherry lime sparkling water, and a mango quinoa salad cup. Lots of protein and lots of yumminess.

What time should we be there for lunch? :P That sounds delicious!

As far as running, it's one of the few types of serious exercise I actually *can* coerce myself into doing. I don't love it, I have no desire to get serious and up my mileage significantly, but as far as getting in my daily 30 minutes of sweating it's one of the most appealing options for me.

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #814 on: June 08, 2016, 11:16:26 AM »
@Microspice I like your cobbled together lunch! I was uninspired to make something for lunch today - so I grabbed a little jar of Costco cranberry chicken salad (140 cals) from the fridge, then added 2 plain hard boiled eggs (thank you Instant Pot) and an Asian pear to my lunch bag. Hopeful that it will sustain me.

I'm chugging along.  My core meals - breakfast (300cals), lunch (400-500 cals), dinner(500 cals) are all healthy and fit within my calorie range. To maintain, this leaves me about 200 cals a day for snacks. If I go for my daily walk, I can add at least another 100 or so calories to this. Seems reasonable - but MY SNACKING IS OUT OF CONTROL! Yesterday was a cup of blueberries (yay), then a cup of small batch ice cream (SO yummy), then a sweet bun (totally on my NO list). I just need to get a grip and go back to my normal healthy snacks and I should be fine. On the good side, my scale has been showing a very very slow but gradual decline over the last couple of days. Hoping this continues. Trendweight for the past month is showing mostly maintenance with a tiny loss.

What I am VERY pleased about is that the meals I automatically turn to by default response are yummy, nutritious and appropriate for my calorie counts. Obviously some of my habit hacking worked! Last night I was making a chicken breast, carrot and green bean stirfry for my kids. I knew that would be too much chicken for me so after I served their dishes, I kept aside a few small pieces of chicken for me, plenty of carrots and green beans and added eggplant (along with a heaping spoonful of chilli oil) to fill out my portion. It was delicious and worked well for my meat-loving self. Tonight I am making a zoodles lo mein. No snap peas today though (too $$ lately)...not sure if I will sub something else in.

Frugal Lizard

• Walrus Stache
  • One foot in front of the other....
« Reply #815 on: June 09, 2016, 05:15:54 AM »
Today is weigh in day for me.
4/15 - 138
4/22 - 137.5
4/29 - 137
5/5 - 136
5/12 – 135
5/19 – 135
5/26 – 134
6/02 – 132
6/9 – 130.5
Goal : 120 lbs.

Write down everything I eat in my food journal: just can’t manage this at the moment
NO eating at the counter or out of the container or from the buffet:  got this one down
Sit down with food served on dishes in the dining room - no tv on:  yep
Serve food in the kitchen buffet style: yes
No cleaning off the kids plates: yes
No juice: yep
No pop:  almost – one lemon soda on Saturday.
Only really good food:  yep
2/3 of meal to be veg or fruit:  approaching half the plate most meals except breakfast
No snacking at the computer:  I have been eating lunch at the computer when I am working in the city so that I can get more work done but it is a packed lunched from home so is not at all mindless.

Feeling really good about this this week.  Hubby made a comment about how we were both not eating as well as we could.  We were having an after dinner walk to the grocery store.  I had to say something – a “haven’t you noticed” or possibly more of a “open your damn eyes”.  He kindly back-tracked and pretended to have noticed.  Then yesterday morning he said I was a lot skinner when he hugged me. 
Yesterday the dishwasher got installed.  The night before we put the stove back in the kitchen and hopefully tonight we can get the fridge back into the kitchen.  It is a pain in the butt to have to keep leaving the room for ingredients.

Peeps:  your menus are inspiring me. I am going to have to up my game on my CSA starts and the kitchen is functioning optimally.  And start sharing photos.

Geostache

• Stubble
« Reply #816 on: June 09, 2016, 07:46:00 AM »
@Microspice: Yes, it wasn't great. I started off well on the flight out; I stayed hydrated and brought some of my yummy kale tabbouleh salad for my meal on the flight. Then it all went downhill from there. I didn't have a refrigerator in my hotel room (boo), which made it difficult to find foods that I can bring with me for lunches, especially since I didn't really get lunch breaks on Saturday and Sunday. Ah well. I'll do better next time. I actually fly out on Sunday again and am staying at a hotel that will have a refrigerator. I plan on stocking up on super healthy, easily transportable items to keep me sated.

@Elaine AMJ: That meal looks delicious!

I am in full-on maintenance mode. I go up and down a couple of pounds each week. I think for now I'm going to stick to that. DH and I have a crazy June and July travel schedule (as in, we are alternately flying in and out of places), and my meal planning is all sorts of scattered as a result. It's amazing how much different it is to plan for one adult and two kids instead of two adults and two kids! (Duh).

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #817 on: June 09, 2016, 09:04:38 AM »
@Frugal Lizard Looks like you have developed some awesome habits! I have noticed that you consistently eat in the dining room and no longer clean off your kids plates. GREAT WORK!

@Geostache I am personally finding the mental break of switching to maintenance to be helpful. I was feeling worn down with the endless cycle of frustration. On the plus side, I am quite excited to see if I can make reasonable choices in everyday life.

As for me, yesterday was a good day. I ate nutritious food I felt good about all day long. Had a busy evening so no time to reach for junky snacks. I had my yummy zoodles and it was so good. I also cooked up a batch of chickpeas and will be adding that to my lunch salad today (a little batty how much I am looking forward to it).

Overall, I'm happy with my decision to switch to maintenance. The only frustrating part is not feeling like I can trumpet my success. It's weird - I know my 20 lb loss was amazing. But now that I've switched to maintenance before I hit my goal, I feel a little like I've failed or something so it no longer feels good talking about it. I took a "before" photos (in a close-fitting top that shows every lump and bike shorts) and I had been excited about the thought of posting a before/after shot. I haven't taken a photo since I was at about the 15 lb loss mark, but I highly doubt I would post my current photo. I've clearly lost weight - but I am still SO lumpy. I definitely don't feel comfortable at this point posting on FB or anything. I'd like to show off pics to my Mom and Dad (who live very far away), but it still doesn't feel like the right time. Maybe if I lose more down the road. It's weird - I would have been OK saying "20 lbs gone, 10 more to go", but not saying "20 lbs down (and I'm stopping here)". Then again, I know they've been concerned about my weight gain in recent years and would be super proud of me so my hesitancy is wacky.

Keep it up everyone!!!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 09:24:27 AM by elaine amj »

rockstache

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #818 on: June 09, 2016, 10:09:45 AM »
@elaine amj: OMG that looks so good! Do you have a spiraler? I have wanted to get one for so long but have been worried that I wouldn't use it, or be able to cook the veggies to be noodly enough. Any recommendations?

@Geostache: I have done some work travel in the past and it is SO HARD. I think you have a great mindset about it. You are going to slip up sometimes, be gentle!

@Frugal Lizard: I sympathize with you on the husband. My husband can't tell that I have lost 20 lbs AT ALL, and although he is super encouraging to me (and sometimes lies about it to make me feel better!), it is annoying. I have gotten smaller, but my trouble spots now, are what my trouble spots were before I lost the weight, so it does sometimes feel like nothing has changed. I try to keep in mind that I am doing this for me, and that I feel better even if I can't always see the difference.

Geostache

• Stubble
« Reply #819 on: June 09, 2016, 11:04:31 AM »
@Elaine AMJ: Keep reminding yourself of that loss, and how far you have come on this journey. I'm glad that switching to maintenance is giving you a mental break. I started reading Foodist too, and one of the things noted in that book is the idea of willpower, and how it alone is not enough to keep going in the long run. You have made so many awesome changes to your lifestyle, and are excited about eating real food. That is an amazing accomplishment!

@rockstache: Agreed that work travel is a challenge. Re: the spiralizer. I recently bought this one:

http://smile.amazon.com/Spiralizer-Tri-Blade-Vegetable-Strongest-Heaviest-Gluten-Free/dp/B00GRIR87M?ie=UTF8&keywords=spiralizer&qid=1465491046&ref_=sr_1_1&s=kitchen&sr=1-1

I highly recommend it. So easy to use that my 3 year olds can do it (with some help from me), and the results are amazing! Two medium size potatoes spiralized were more than enough to feed my family of 4 with leftovers.

@Elaine AMJ @rockstache, and @Frugal Lizard, I wanted to mention a word of caution. Be on the lookout for body dysmorphia. We live in these bodies, and it's often hard to recognize changes in ourselves. Especially if they are gradual.

The reason I mention it is because I am (and have in the past) suffering from it. Post-loss, I have needed to get new clothing. I go to the store and find my current size, and am finding it hard to believe that I'm wearing that size. Yet, when I put the clothes on, they fit. My co-workers and others have also congratulated me on my loss and tell me how good I look (those who know my struggles and my journey), and while I smile politely and thank them, somewhere in my brain, I don't believe them. I've been the 'fat girl' for most of my adult life, and all I can really see in the mirror when I look at myself is that image of myself at a much larger size. I'm not trying to share to sound like I'm bragging. I wanted to make sure that you genuinely try to see the changes that you have made in your life and how it has affected your body. The other thing that keeps me in that mind set is that my body shape is exactly the same. I see the same flaws in my body now (I'm sensitive about my arms and stomach) that I did when I was much heavier. Losing weight hasn't made me a supermodel (I know!), just a smaller version of myself. I think the dysmorphia plays into that as well.

MicroSpice

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #820 on: June 09, 2016, 01:34:20 PM »
@elaine amj - Do not downplay your accomplishments. You are incredibly active, make incredible fresh meals for your family nearly every night, and you have lost TWENTY pounds! Sometimes we need a break. I am considering my vacation last week as the break I needed, and weirdly enough, I am feeling recommitted to this weight loss thing. So give yourself some time, and if you still feel the need to lose some pounds, you can go at it again then. You inspire me every time I read one of your posts.

@Geostache - 100% with you on the body dysmorphia thing. It's hard for us to see changes in ourselves because we live with ourselves every day, and we are so used to the negative self-talk that it's hard to actually accept any of those changes. Yesterday, a girlfriend I went on the trip with said she showed a pic of me and our other friend to someone, and she said, "OMG, MicroSpice and HottyFriend are soooo skinny and pretty!" WHAT?! HottyFriend, yes, because she looks like a freaking model (seriously, she told a guy at the pool to guess our occupations - he looked at her and said "Model" and looked at me and said "CPA". Thanks?), but me, not so much.

@Frugal Lizard - Ah, husbands. I like to think that the reason they don't notice much is because they love us no matter what. :-)

ETA - Oh yeah, an update! Yoga was GREAT yesterday. I haven't done it in so long, and I can feel it today, in a good way. I love the instructor. It was just fantastic. Today was supposed to be circuit training, but I got in to work late today (yay for insane toddlers!), so I decided to nix it today. Mayhaps I will get on the elliptical this evening.

We also ate a really yummy dinner last night with a side dish that I did all by myself! Butternut squash with black beans and cayenne pepper. Could have used more salt, but it was decent for the girl who avoids the stove at all costs. The toddler decided that she only liked the black beans, but hey, at least she ate some of it. And for lunch today I just made a simple salad with the leftover rotisserie chicken, sliced almonds, and a lemon herb dressing. Will add cheese next time.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 01:39:38 PM by MicroSpice »

crispy

« Reply #821 on: June 09, 2016, 02:46:02 PM »
@Elaine AMJ: Keep reminding yourself of that loss, and how far you have come on this journey. I'm glad that switching to maintenance is giving you a mental break. I started reading Foodist too, and one of the things noted in that book is the idea of willpower, and how it alone is not enough to keep going in the long run. You have made so many awesome changes to your lifestyle, and are excited about eating real food. That is an amazing accomplishment!

@rockstache: Agreed that work travel is a challenge. Re: the spiralizer. I recently bought this one:

http://smile.amazon.com/Spiralizer-Tri-Blade-Vegetable-Strongest-Heaviest-Gluten-Free/dp/B00GRIR87M?ie=UTF8&keywords=spiralizer&qid=1465491046&ref_=sr_1_1&s=kitchen&sr=1-1

I highly recommend it. So easy to use that my 3 year olds can do it (with some help from me), and the results are amazing! Two medium size potatoes spiralized were more than enough to feed my family of 4 with leftovers.

@Elaine AMJ @rockstache, and @Frugal Lizard, I wanted to mention a word of caution. Be on the lookout for body dysmorphia. We live in these bodies, and it's often hard to recognize changes in ourselves. Especially if they are gradual.

The reason I mention it is because I am (and have in the past) suffering from it. Post-loss, I have needed to get new clothing. I go to the store and find my current size, and am finding it hard to believe that I'm wearing that size. Yet, when I put the clothes on, they fit. My co-workers and others have also congratulated me on my loss and tell me how good I look (those who know my struggles and my journey), and while I smile politely and thank them, somewhere in my brain, I don't believe them. I've been the 'fat girl' for most of my adult life, and all I can really see in the mirror when I look at myself is that image of myself at a much larger size. I'm not trying to share to sound like I'm bragging. I wanted to make sure that you genuinely try to see the changes that you have made in your life and how it has affected your body. The other thing that keeps me in that mind set is that my body shape is exactly the same. I see the same flaws in my body now (I'm sensitive about my arms and stomach) that I did when I was much heavier. Losing weight hasn't made me a supermodel (I know!), just a smaller version of myself. I think the dysmorphia plays into that as well.

When I was fat, I always felt like a skinny girl trapped in a fat girl's body.  Now that I lost weight, I feel like a fat girl trapped in a skinny girl's body and am just waiting for the day for her to bust back out.  I think we are all hard on ourselves no matter what size we are.

Frugal Lizard

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #822 on: June 09, 2016, 07:58:35 PM »
You guys make my day.  I think that I still see myself as the skinny one with thin arms and small chin. The person in the mirror is not me. I used to look great in everything I tried on - now I look old and a little lumpy too.  I tend to spend more time with makeup to bring out my eyes so that they are more prominent than my chubby checks.  Oh well - I guess that is just the aging process.  But then I read your posts and hear your cheers or your struggle and I just feel not alone on this journey.  And I want to cheer back and say hey - I am feeling pretty much better than I was and I think I am going to keep on working in the direction that I am going.  High school reunion is in six weeks - and if I can keep up the pace maybe I will be down into the mid-120's. 

rockstache

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #823 on: June 10, 2016, 07:24:18 AM »
Thanks for the spiralizer rec!

The other thing that keeps me in that mind set is that my body shape is exactly the same. I see the same flaws in my body now (I'm sensitive about my arms and stomach) that I did when I was much heavier. Losing weight hasn't made me a supermodel (I know!), just a smaller version of myself. I think the dysmorphia plays into that as well.

This. So much this for me. Thanks for pointing it out.

Geostache

• Stubble
« Reply #824 on: June 10, 2016, 07:39:26 AM »
@rockstache: My pleasure. I try to remind myself that the weight loss, while it has been my main focus, is a side effect of adopting habits that will keep me healthy in the long run. That helps somewhat take the obsession away from the 'problem' areas.

Weigh-in day here. I'm down 0.4 this week, and it's definitely maintenance. I've stayed + or - 2 pounds since the beginning of April. Given everything that has been going on over the past two months, I am declaring that a victory! I've been maintaining the 25 pound weight loss. I have been having doubts about my abilities to maintain, but I think I've got that under control. Now I'm going to focus on eating as healthy as I can. I did really well at the beginning of the year, but have found that some of my old habits have come sneaking back in to my life. So for the rest of the summer, I am going to concentrate on minimizing the sugar (yep, that came back) and increasing the amount of vegetables that are in my diet. Considering that my refrigerator is currently full of mustard greens, kale, collards, and lettuce from my CSA, it should be easy. Tonight's dinner will be Asian Lettuce wrap chopped chicken salad! Yum! The kids actually like kale chips, so the kale is slated to be turned into those.

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #825 on: June 10, 2016, 07:47:46 AM »
Thanks for the spiralizer rec!

This is the nicest one I have seen after checking out various blogger recommendations. I'm going to consider the spiralizer recommendation. Maybe even save up for it! (working on the whole "living within a budget mentality" lol) I currently use a julienne peeler i picked up for a couple of bucks. It works well (you can see the noodles I made in my zoodles photo avove), is cheap, takes up almost no space. Not sure if it is worth getting another bulky appliance - no counter space left!!! The problem with the julienne peeler is that my hands do get tired after doing a bunch of veggies. I can usually manage a couple of zucchinis and maybe a carrot or two before my hands ache badly. So my internal debate continues (been debating with myself for months now lol!)

dogboyslim

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #826 on: June 10, 2016, 08:03:46 AM »
End of week weigh-in:

4/2: 236
4/11: 233 (interpolated) (-3,-3)
4/18: 230 (-3,-6)
4/25: 227.5 (-2.5,-8.5)
5/2: 224.5 (-3, -11.5)
5/6: 221 (-3.5, -15)
5/9: 221 (0,-15)
5/16: 221 (0,-15)
5/20: 221 (0,-15)
5/23: 218.5 (-2.5,-17.5)
5/27: 215 (-3.5, -21)
5/31: 213 (-2, -23)
6/3: 213 (0,-23)
6/6: 214 (1,-22)
6/10: 210 (-4,-26)

Today's weigh in is a bit of a guess.  I forgot to weigh in before my run, so I added 2 lbs to the scale weight to account for dehydration.  Heat isn't something I like when working out.  This weekend its supposed to stay well into the 90s here with a lot of humidity.  Combine that with an 11 mile run plan and a 50 mile bike plan, and I'm quite concerned about fluid intake.  I have read that an ideal replenishment rate is 1-1.5 waterbottles per hour, so I'm going to target that.  I'll confess I'm a bit nervous.  (Edit to add-Yes, I'm watching electrolytes too).  Wish me luck!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 08:06:03 AM by dogboyslim »

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #827 on: June 10, 2016, 08:13:15 AM »
You guys. You guys. Always such a wellspring of motivation, encouragement, and insights. I'm loving the latest turn of the conversation.

@Geostache Body dysmorphia. The longer I continue on this journey, the more aware I become of it.

@crispy Like you said, we seem to be hard on ourselves no matter what size we are at. Just remember how amazingly you rocked it - and now you're catching yourself before you put on too many extra pounds!

I've ranged from about 115/120 lbs (in college) to my recent high of 154 lbs and now maintaining around 134 lbs. I've always been "chubby", NEVER skinny. Grew up in Asia surrounded by thin girls (who all complained about some body part or other), I always among the "bigger" girls. Just before I graduated from high school, I worked hard and dropped about 5+ pounds (didn't weigh myself so no idea) so felt good through my college years - although ALWAYS aware that I wasn't "perfectly" thin (even while wearing size "0" pants).

As I grew older, had my babies, learned to eat North American portion sizes (AND discovered a love for previously-detested cheese!), I gradually piled on the pounds. Now that I've lost a bunch, my image of myself hasn't changed - I still have a hard time seeing myself any thinner than I was 20 lbs ago. My guess is I will always be complaining about my pooch and my fleshy upper arms. Oh well, I'm ME. Got to learn to be comfortable in my own skin even while I strive to be the healthiest me I can be.

@elaine amj - Do not downplay your accomplishments. You are incredibly active, make incredible fresh meals for your family nearly every night, and you have lost TWENTY pounds! Sometimes we need a break. I am considering my vacation last week as the break I needed, and weirdly enough, I am feeling recommitted to this weight loss thing. So give yourself some time, and if you still feel the need to lose some pounds, you can go at it again then. You inspire me every time I read one of your posts.

Thanks guys - I needed this a lot :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 08:15:38 AM by elaine amj »

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #828 on: June 10, 2016, 08:30:30 AM »
Friday weigh-in

Jan 1 2016: 154 lbs....Jan 8 2016: 153.2 lbs....Jan 15 2016:149.2 lbs....Jan 22 2016: 148 lbs....Jan 29 2016....147.4 lbs
Feb 5 2016: 145.2 lbs..Feb 12 2016: 142.8 lbs..Feb 19 2016: 140.6 lbs...Feb 26 2016: 140.8 lbs
Mar 4 2016: 139 lbs....Mar 11 2016: 138 lbs.....Mar 18 2016: VACAY......Mar 25 2016: 136.8 lbs
Apr 1 2016: 137.8 lbs..Apr 8 2016: 136.8 lbs....Apr 15 2016: 135.8 lbs...Apr 22 2016: 134.8 lbs...April 30 2016: 133.6 lbs
May 6, 2016:133.6 lbs.May 13 2016:134.6 lbs...May 21 2016: 137.6 lbs..May 26 2016: 132.2 lbs
Jun 3, 2016: 133.6 lbs.June 10 2016:133.8 lbs

20.2 lbs lost
GOAL WEIGHT: 130 lbs (Stretch Goal 120 lbs)

Yep - like @geostache, looks like maintenance it is!

Last night, we spent a long time working on our basement bedroom (had to remodel it) and then some housework. When I was close to finishing (on the go from the time I got home at 5:30pm until nearly 10 pm now), I started fantasizing abut what I would reward myself with. My first thought was getting some of the crappy, cheap ice cream I had in the freezer. That made me smile as I continued cleaning. Then, I smacked myself in the head - WHY does my "reward" always have to be food?! And always crappy food that doesn't even taste that good?! Why can't I daydream of indulging in juicy, sweet, fresh blueberries? Or relaxing in bed with the MMM forums? (well I do - this place is definitely an indulgence!) Anyway, I ended up not stopping until nearly 11pm and just crawled into bed and skipped the snack. Still haven't been able to completely rearrange my thinking yet though. Maybe more doses of Foodist?

@dogboyslim Love your weekend plans! And YES - 1 bottle of water every hour is my rule of thumb when doing endurance stuff. I do admit that I skip water if i'm just hiking for up to 2 hours. That's not as strenuous as running/biking though.

@geostache Love the lettuce wrap! One of my favourite meals we haven't had for a LONG time now since it didn't fit in DH's restricted diet (meat). He's eating meat again now so I think I'm going to add it to a menu coming soon - maybe next week? Best part is I can make something similar for the kids and they can eat it in taco shells.

@microspice butternut squash with black beans and cayenne pepper. Haven't thought of making it that way. It's only gone into curries so far. Time to get more squashes into my life!

Adge

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #829 on: June 10, 2016, 09:42:53 AM »

It seems like this has resonated with a number of people here, myself included. Thanks for writing it- always good to remember that you're never the only one.

Weighed in this morning and it's good news! Seems I've finally broken out of the plateau from the last few weeks. Now that I'm back under 10 pounds til goal the excitement has ramped back up again and I'm hoping to be able to ride the momentum for the next few weeks and make it to goal :)

starting weight as of mid-March: 175
5/6: 156.8
5/13: 155.8
5/20: 153.6
5/27: 154.6
6/3: 154.6
6/10: 151.6
goal weight: 145

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #830 on: June 10, 2016, 05:36:50 PM »
@Adge that's fantastic!!! You are SO very close :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedmondStash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #831 on: June 11, 2016, 09:12:19 AM »
Weigh-in day, yet again:

3/12: 162.6
3/19: 161.8
3/26: 159.6
4/2: 160.2
4/9: 158.4
4/16: 158.4
4/23: 158.4
4/30: 157.6
5/7: 157.4
5/14: 158.4
5/21: 157.2
5/28: 159.4
6/4: 157.8
6/11: 158.0

I don't like this game anymore. But I will keep playing it, because it's the only game in town. *sigh*

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #832 on: June 11, 2016, 10:37:00 AM »
work trip this week, which means I will have to be diligent in walking a bunch as well as not overeating on "free meals" - those translate to "big meals of unhealthy stuff" normally...

Was expecting this to be a horrible update because of the work trip, but magically dropped a bunch. I guess walking around a bunch and hiking on that trip helped even though I felt like I ate a lot of stuff?

5/1 - 188
5/7 - ??
5/14 - ??
5/21 - 186.2
5/28 - 185.8 (interpolated)
6/4 - 185.6
6/11 - 181.8

Also I now have another reason to get under 176, we are redoing our insurances with Amico and our life insurance policy there would be slightly cheaper -- assuming I weighed 176 or less. At my current weight it'd be about $8/month more expensive to use theirs. So.. not only will I feel tons better but we could save a nominal amount if I lose weight!

StarBright

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #833 on: June 11, 2016, 02:33:59 PM »
Quick check in because I wanted to put it in writing - My loss from a few weeks ago may have been real-ish.

I jumped on the scale at the gym this morning and it was hovering between 146-148 (but for some reason it wouldn't center on 147) - So I'm definitely somewhere in there.

I will continue to eschew carbs at snack time and watch my booze intake. I'd love to get my body back and settled at 145 and then maintain it for about 6 months.

Can't wait to catch up on everyone else's successes this evening when I have a little time.

crispy

« Reply #834 on: June 11, 2016, 06:25:49 PM »
6/4 - 150.0
6/11 - 149.8

Not much, but I tend to lose weight slowly so at least it is moving in the right direction. I actually started at almost 152 three weeks ago, but then went on vacation and gained a couple of pounds (mostly water weight). 150 was after being on track for two weeks.

I got up and walked 5 miles with a friend this morning which was nice and allowed me to relax some. I am also wearing a pair of shorts that I couldn't fit in before vacation in May.

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #835 on: June 13, 2016, 08:01:08 AM »
Well... All I can really say about this week is I guess I shouldn't have bought that cheese. Also I made a lot of rhubarb goodies: crisps, cookies, jam, chutney. But I thought I did pretty good with eating in general. My weight shot up a few pounds early this week and just stayed there. The good news is, I'm not stressed about it. I don't know if that means I'm not bothered by the weeks that go up, or I've stopped caring altogether. I think it's the former.

Monday check in:

Jan 4 Starting weight: 160
Jan 11 weight: 156
Jan 18 weight: 155.2
Jan 25 weight: 156.8
Feb 1 weight: 155.2
Feb 8 weight: 153.2
Feb 15 weight: 151.6
Feb 22 weight 152.6
Feb 29 weight 152.2
Mar 7 weight 149.4
Mar 14 weight 149.4
Mar 21 weight 149.6
Mar 28 weight 149.2
Apr 4 weight 151.2
Apr 11 weight 151.4
Apr 18 weight 152.0
Apr 25 weight 152.2
May 2 weight 150.4
May 9 weight 148.8
May 16 weight 149.2
May 23 weight 149.4 (extrapolated)
May 30 weight 149.6
June 6 weight 148.4
June 13 weight 150.4
Goal weight: 130

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #836 on: June 13, 2016, 08:41:33 AM »
@ender saving money is as good an excuse as any! So good to see a big drop right after a work trip!

@StarBright You're only a pound or two away from where you want your maintenance weight to be - that's so awesome that the loss is "sticking"!

@crispy Love it that you can fit into shorts you couldn't before. Definitely moving in the right direction :)

The weekend wasn't too bad for me. I have been keeping rather busy with a lot of activity around the house. No formal exercise, but it seems busywork is very helpful to burning calories. I struggled so much when I was doing my intense training for my bike ride (mostly because of all the snacking I had to do to get the energy to ride) but the mild activity of housework, unpacking stuff and decluttering is all making a difference. I've also added a 30-45 min daily walk back in to my routine. My core meals are still yummy, nutritious, low cal, yet filling veggie-based meals. The main reason I'm not losing is because I've been on an ice cream kick - an ice cream nearly ever night *sigh* On the good side, I'm STILL staying in maintenance, with a teeny downward trend. Clocked in at 133 this morning (down from 133.8 on Friday - AFTER eating out Sat & Sun).

On the fashion front, DH and I went yard-saling on Saturday (fun date!) and I picked up a couple of new-to-me tops for $1-2 each. I've resisted buying clothes at thrift stores for budget reasons but I couldn't resist at those prices. I've been struggling with feeling there's NOTHING in my wardrobe since I lost weight. It's so weird since I can now fit into stuff I outgrew - but I really don't like most things in my closet right now.  Today, I'm wearing a flowy summery tunic top and it feels GOOD! Summer appropriate too :) I also bought a dark blue with white print Ann Taylor tee that I like for its classic design (the material feels like amazing quality). Unfortunately, I couldn't find any bottom suitable for work to pair it with. I really need a pair of dark blue summer weight pants suitable for work. It's casual enough here to get away with twill or cotton. All my work pants are black :( I'm usually in head-to-toe black and this summer, I'm just in the mood for lighter summer colors. Still trying to resist the urges to do too much shopping though. In reality - I have about 15 feet of closet space stuffed with clothes (yes, it's ridiculous).

The other challenge I am having is trying to wear something suitable for the office that I can then go for a walk in. It's mostly been my company golf shirt (dryfit thankfully) and a par of black dress pants. I then throw on a pair of sneakers and GO. Today's flowy top and grey skinny pants would look decidedly weird so I brought a t-shirt and leggings for my lunch walk. But I don't like walking through my office in workout clothes so prefer to avoid it if I can. I think it will be a must for the dog days of summer though! I don't think I can handle wearing a dress skirt and sneakers to go for a walk in the park. 

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #837 on: June 13, 2016, 08:46:38 AM »
@Cookie78 It's been quiet on your front for a little bit - glad to see your check-in! Sounds like you're developing a healthy relationship with your scale :)

Geostache

• Stubble
« Reply #838 on: June 13, 2016, 09:00:30 AM »
@Cookie78: You have the right attitude. A few pounds up is only a minor setback in the big picture. Welcome back to the thread!

@Elaine AMJ: Maybe you can find a few basic pieces that can pair well with layers? I've found (especially in the summer) that the temperature fluctuations in the office and between the office and outdoors warrants short sleeve or sleeveless shirts with a sweater. I have only about 5 or 6 sleeveless shirts for work and I wear them with a few different color sweaters. The combination is enough (in my mind anyway) to make it seem like I have more clothes than I do. :-) Another thing that I've read is that in general, people only tend to notice 'statement' clothing. For example, if you have one really kick-butt skirt with a cool print, people will notice when you wear it. If your wardrobe consists of basic pieces, people will be less likely to notice repeats.

A separate set of clothes for walking is probably your best bet anyway. Maybe pair the golf shirt with the leggings? It's less casual, and people probably wouldn't immediately note the difference between the leggings and black dress pants.

I'm on work travel now. Yesterday I did fairly well - ordering a salad with some crab cake fritters, and a chicken wrap for dinner with fruit. The made-to-order breakfasts might kill me, though! I had a huge omelet full of veggies, with a side of bacon. o_O I'll skip the bacon tomorrow and stick to the veggie filled omelet!

Frugal Lizard

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #839 on: June 13, 2016, 09:13:42 AM »
I stepped on the scales this morning just to make sure the weekend fun wasn't too out of control and was pleasantly surprised to see the scale a hair lower than Thursday weigh in. 
We now have a beautiful floor and counter top in the kitchen so we were able to move the stove and fridge back in.  The new dishwasher arrived and works so well.  I am feeling like cooking again.  Saturday night I got extra exercise because I walked into the dining room looking for the fridge five times while making dinner.  Only one week of the fridge not being in the kitchen and I am on autopilot.  We need to paint, install a pantry, install a back splash and build two new cabinets out of pieces of the old ones and possibly buy more cabinets to make an island - but most of the kitchen is operational.  This week is our first CSA pick up so I need to be organized and cooking to get all the food consumed.  Last year we only got produce every other week, but this year we are getting a full share.  It is a good kind of challenge.  It will be the first test of our new and significantly larger fridge. 
I am going to get Slim by Design back out of the library now that the kitchen is getting back together and start implementing the design ideas to help me eat less.  One of them is to have a fruit bowl as the first thing I see in the kitchen.  There are a whole host of other ideas that I can't remember.
I just want to pass along some encouragement to those that are frustrated with a plateau or a little re-gain.  Keep focused on healthy habits and eating really good food - not too much - just really enjoy it.  I don't think any of us put this weight on in a few months.  It took us a while to get bigger and it will take a while to lose it.  Developing the healthstyle will last forever. 

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #840 on: June 13, 2016, 10:09:46 AM »
@Cookie78 It's been quiet on your front for a little bit - glad to see your check-in! Sounds like you're developing a healthy relationship with your scale :)

@Cookie78: You have the right attitude. A few pounds up is only a minor setback in the big picture. Welcome back to the thread!

Thanks, I've been following along and cheering everyone on quietly. It's been a very busy couple months and I haven't been on the forums as much. I'm still moving slowly down on the scale little bit at a time. Hopefully this week is just a quick glitch! :)

MicroSpice

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #841 on: June 13, 2016, 12:39:39 PM »
There's so much positivity on this thread after the weekend! Glad to see it.

I've been having trouble reining in my weekend and evening eating here lately. Today, I'm trying to break my lunch up into parts, so that I'm not super hungry when I leave work. I don't know if it's a mood thing or hormonal thing, but it's bumming me out, because the scale is certainly reflecting the food choices I'm making. And I feel like I will never lose my gut! Ugh. My ass looks great, but I can't figure out a way for people to only see me from behind ...

On the upside, I used my work fitness pass twice last week, and plan to use it 3 times this week (stupid lunchtime conference calls!). On those days I can't make it to class, I plan on taking a 30 minute walk around campus, just to get SOMETHING in. I have also been sticking with doing a lap around the building every time I use the restroom. While this weekend involved quite a bit of walking and other activity, it also definitely involved too much booze. And food. What are your game plans for when you're a guest at someone's house and they are an amazing host/hostess and keep bringing you drinks and making delicious snacks? I'm desperate.

@Frugal Lizard - So jealous of your kitchen reno! I mean, not the inconvenience it caused, obviously, but I frequently dream of having a new kitchen to watch DH cook in. :-)

@StarBright - That is great news! Being that close to maintenance is a great accomplishment.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #842 on: June 13, 2016, 02:20:26 PM »
There's so much positivity on this thread after the weekend! Glad to see it.

MicroSpice, I was just thinking the same thing!

My latest irregular report: Have continued to weigh daily and write down what I eat. This is what I did for the May challenge and it's helping to show eating patterns, which I've never looked at before. Also noticed a significant gain during ToM. I'm on a different birth control from previous weight loss attempts, so this is valuable motivation-keeping info this time around.

I still struggle with making good choices, but for now l'm still seeing losses, since my weight is still pretty high. As time goes on, I'll have to be more strict (make better choices more often).

Anyway, the other good thing that's happened is Mr. O has decided to lose some weight too. We worked out that we are visiting family roughly every 3 months over the next year. So those dates are our check points. Weekends are going to be so much easier now that he is on board. (We have opposite schedules and don't eat together on week days.)

Geostache

• Stubble
« Reply #843 on: June 13, 2016, 02:59:04 PM »
So much for work travel! There is a ton of food at this meeting. I fell down the rabbit hole with these delicious pecan-pie pastry things. At least lunch was yogurt, guac and whole grain chips, and vegetables from the grocery store. But geez! I followed that up with a chocolate chip cookie immediately after lunch. The sugar dragon rears its ugly head!

I WILL do better tomorrow (and the rest of today).

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #844 on: June 13, 2016, 04:04:48 PM »
So much for work travel! There is a ton of food at this meeting. I fell down the rabbit hole with these delicious pecan-pie pastry things. At least lunch was yogurt, guac and whole grain chips, and vegetables from the grocery store. But geez! I followed that up with a chocolate chip cookie immediately after lunch. The sugar dragon rears its ugly head!

I WILL do better tomorrow (and the rest of today).

We have the yogurt covered pretzels as a snack at work sometimes.

:'(

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
Losing Weight in 2016
« Reply #845 on: June 13, 2016, 05:29:11 PM »
Ugh - I am a sucker for pastries - especially free ones!!

I had another recipe success tonight. Made Thai Chicken Peanut Lettuce Wraps http://www.skinnytaste.com/thai-chicken-peanut-lettuce-tacos/. Except instead pf chicken, I used tofu. And used a super spicy chilli oil instead of sriracha. It was delicious and filling. I would make it again :)

But now I want ice cream *sigh*

Geostache

• Stubble
« Reply #846 on: June 13, 2016, 07:05:42 PM »
@Elaine AMJ: Can you measure out 1/4 c and have that (1/2 c is usually a serving). Get a really small spoon and savor it! If you try to ignore your cravings, it could get worse!

Edited for typos.

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
Losing Weight in 2016
« Reply #847 on: June 13, 2016, 08:31:44 PM »
@geostache Will try that the next time cravings hit!! This time, I managed a different strategy - stayed busy continuing our big reorganization! Been on the go all night long - just stopped at 10:30 and going to bed. Now that I have redone our basement bedroom, we realized we could no longer store our bikes and camping gear there (doesn't look pretty lol!) so got to work reorganizing our laundry room. Amazing how much more stuff we can fit now!!

On the diet side, not much time for snacking when we're busy rearranging, throwing stuff away, and posting stuff for sale. Set up a card table of stuff for sale in my living room lol! Very glad I didn't dig into the crappy Chapman's ice cream in my freezer.

RuntoFIRE

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #848 on: June 13, 2016, 08:35:08 PM »
Hi guys,

I am back from my travels- just landed this morning and am at work. Feeling pretty shitty with the jetlag but so happy to be home where I am in charge of what I eat and when I eat it. The 10 days of travel were definitely not the best food wise. There were a lot of restaurants, breakfasts out, lunches out, dinners out, and a lot of sweets. I forgot how hard it is it find unsweetened options back in the States- you really have to look hard at the labels. Case in point- we stopped at a Rest Area in Connecticut and all they had were vending machines and the only water-resembling option was fruit-flavored water sweetened with sucralose! Anyways, my belly is feeling bigger, I am feeling bloated, and I am not excited to step on the scale tomorrow. The good news from the trip is that I stuck with my workout routine. I only slipped up the last two days when I was at a wedding and it was hard to find the time to go for a run. Otherwise, my workout habit seems to be set.

I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things this week, sleeping a lot, cooking all of my meals, and eating smaller portions to get myself used to it again. And so happy to be back on this message board to check in more consistently!

dogboyslim

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #849 on: June 14, 2016, 12:05:37 PM »
4/2: 236
4/11: 233 (interpolated) (-3,-3)
4/18: 230 (-3,-6)
4/25: 227.5 (-2.5,-8.5)
5/2: 224.5 (-3, -11.5)
5/6: 221 (-3.5, -15)
5/9: 221 (0,-15)
5/16: 221 (0,-15)
5/20: 221 (0,-15)
5/23: 218.5 (-2.5,-17.5)
5/27: 215 (-3.5, -21)
5/31: 213 (-2, -23)
6/3: 213 (0,-23)
6/6: 214 (1,-22)
6/10: 210 (-4,-26)
6/13: 210 (0,-26)

No change over the weekend.  I'm losing my motivation to control the diet.  Must return to discipline!  Ug.