I'm back to make you all feel better about yourselves!!!
Yeah, that whole, "I'm going to keep my eating within reason while I'm partying with my girlfriends all weekend in Austin which has amazing food" plan that I had? Totally failed. Literally got to the hotel room to meet up with the two of them, and they were already shoving snickerdoodles in my face and plotting about what we were going to eat. The only upshot is that we shared dishes the whole time we were there, but I still ate WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much food. Here's a list, if you're into that sort of thing!
- Breakfast: Free breakfast at the hotel, which was oatmeal, bacon, and fruit (seriously, where were the eggs?).
- Lunch: Torchy's Tacos, where we shared queso and chips (that had guacamole in it, too!) and three tacos, two breakfast and one jerk chicken. Delish.
- Cocktails: a Paloma
- Dinner: Shake Shack. Shack Burger, choclate marshmallow custard, and cheese fries. And a pitcher of beer (shared!).
- Dessert/Second Dinner: Wine, beer, and more snickerdoodles. And great BBQ pork tacos from the hotel bar.
- Breakfast: Free breakfast at the hotel, which was much better. Breakfast tacos. Loaded.
- Lunch: Pizza place called North. We shared a white pizza with all kinds of yummy veggies, a beet salad, and a pitcher of Sangria.
- Dessert: Cake Ball. Shut the front door. We shared a peach cobbler a la mode and a bottle of champagne with our Mimosa flight. And ordered a half dozen cake balls to go.
- Dinner: There was lots of beer, and I think we ate at two places, both of which are owned by Top Chef winner Paul Qui. However, we were unaware of that until after the fact. Just amazing. We had Pork Belly buns (my new death row meal), deep fried peanut butter curry buns, sisig (crispy pig's head over rice with a fried egg), kare kare (a Filipino peanut curry), and a pork and fried shrimp lumpia taco.
- Dessert: (what?!) Cake balls. We ate all but one.
- Brunch from Heaven! We went back to Cake Ball, because we had looked at the menu the day before. 2 orders of Mimosas this time. Then the following: honey dipped fried chicken and biscuits with jalapeno bacon gravy; creme brulee french toast; and the southwest benedict which had pulled pork, ancho chile sauce, chipotle hollandaise, and honey sriracha roasted sweet potatoes. I did not eat for the rest of the day.
So there you go everyone! But I got back home last night and I am back on the train today. You can bet your ass I am chugging water like a fiend and will not be weighing myself until Monday. All my pants still fit though, so maybe I didn't do too much damage? HA!