Author Topic: Homemade Christmas - 2017 Edition!  (Read 55187 times)

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Homemade Christmas - 2017 Edition!
« Reply #250 on: December 22, 2017, 11:31:12 PM »
Sparky! These are amazing! I hope you have an etsy store as a side hustle! <wink>

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #251 on: December 23, 2017, 08:17:38 AM »
Finished mixing up a big batch of chai masala and packed it up in cute tins for most of our gifts.  As a bonus, my kitchen smells delicious now.  We also finalized the recipe for a mint tea blend for a relative who doesn't do dairy, I just need to measure out, blend, and package that one this afternoon.  Brandied pears and poached plums in rum are also all done, just need to write up some pretty labels.

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #252 on: December 23, 2017, 08:41:50 AM »
I also did some sewing, making a bag remarkably like sparky’s above for a niece in law, some “sweet pea pods” for the nephews, a rice filled neck warmer for another in law, and a very basic coupon caddy for my mom (not pictured) because she keeps losing them.

That and a few pounds of cinnamon sugar pecans and almonds should keep the family happy.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #253 on: December 23, 2017, 04:43:52 PM »
I made very similar hot pads too! And I kept a couple of for myself as well. It's such a useful gift, they're easy to make from scraps and are easily customised.

sparkytheop

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #254 on: December 23, 2017, 04:52:42 PM »
I also did some sewing, making a bag remarkably like sparky’s above for a niece in law, some “sweet pea pods” for the nephews, a rice filled neck warmer for another in law, and a very basic coupon caddy for my mom (not pictured) because she keeps losing them.

That and a few pounds of cinnamon sugar pecans and almonds should keep the family happy.

I think we use the same basic pattern :)  I make the pods as well, and use them for coin purses, etc.  I gave those to the people in my quilting group.  I make the lanyards with scrap fabric and batting or webbing instead of zippers though.  Watched the Craftsy class when they had a free day.

sparkytheop

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #255 on: December 23, 2017, 04:54:23 PM »
Sparky! These are amazing! I hope you have an etsy store as a side hustle! <wink>

Thanks :)  No etsy store though.  I do most of my crafting at work, so can't sell anything I make there, but I did make some stuff on my own time to sell at a bazaar.  Lots of compliments and interest, but people didn't buy much.  Oh well, more gifts for friends and family!

sparkytheop

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #256 on: December 25, 2017, 07:18:32 AM »
I hope that all the recipients appreciate the thought, time, and work that went into everyone's homemade gifts! 

MBot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #257 on: December 26, 2017, 06:50:24 PM »
This was a very confidence  building project! I totally hand sewed it in a few hours out our leftover jeans for the top and leftover striped cotton for the bottom. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for an easy gift that is really nice looking. I stuffed the fins and topstitched a lot of the main seam.

http://www.allmyfriendsareflowers.com/2013/12/denim-whale-tutorial-printable-pattern.html

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!