Author Topic: Homemade Christmas - 2017 Edition!  (Read 25077 times)

Mtngrl

• Stubble
Re: Homemade Christmas - 2017 Edition!
« Reply #250 on: November 30, 2017, 08:39:26 AM »
This weekend I made a necklace for the woman who is like my adopted grandmother. I have a lot of pretty beads I've collected over the years, so this was easy and I know she will enjoy it.

I am making a bunch of bookmarks to go in books we are gifting my husband's parents, and some for us as well. One of our dogs likes to steal bookmarks and tear them up, so we are always in need.

MBot

• Bristles
« Reply #251 on: November 30, 2017, 01:05:40 PM »
Used this mulling spice (not an affiliate link, is a Canadian amazon link for any Canadians out there)  + some small craft store baggies + homemade dried lemons to make "simmer pot potpourri." The lemons are more for additional bulk in the bag than to add any real scent.

It smells VERY nice when simmered in a pot of boiling water... about 2 teaspoons to a tablespoon each time... and I've already given two as small gifts. I left out the cranberries for now.

The local gift store sells small cheesecloth-wrapped bundles of mulling spice, so I'm also going to try doing some with gift tags at a craft sale tomorrow - we'll see if it sells any that way. If not it makes more nice gifts!

Poundwise

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #252 on: December 15, 2017, 08:57:12 AM »
I'm 3/4ths of the way through knitting these fingerless gloves for a wonderful older lady who does a lot of volunteer work. They are very fast!
http://www.artqualia.com/patterns/Swirling%20Gauntlets.pdf