Author Topic: Happiness challenge  (Read 9925 times)

oneday

• Magnum Stache
  • Knit, bike, breathe. Repeat. - 94
Re: Happiness challenge
« Reply #250 on: February 20, 2021, 10:54:20 PM »
Halfway moved into my new place, and BF and I are agreeing on furniture layout so easily. A fun and exciting challenge!
That's so good to hear!

Thanks, mspym! It's pretty good to live it, too :)

SquashingDebt

• Bristles
« Reply #251 on: February 21, 2021, 05:39:10 AM »
So much happiness today! 8D

Very easy moving BF out of his place...he spent the last 2 days schlepping carloads of small boxes, so there was only furniture left, and he doesn't have a lot and none of it is too heavy. Easiest move I've been involved with!

Got the living room laid out as well as possible with what furniture is there and it's a useable room.

Figured out how the area rugs will fit into everything.

Lunch at the taco truck nearest the new place was delicious.

I'll be moving in with my partner this fall, probably, and your updates are making me happy looking forward to it  :)   

(It'll be my first time ever living with a romantic partner, after living alone for 13 years, so I'm a little nervous, and it's nice to hear examples of it going smoothly.)

expatartist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #252 on: February 21, 2021, 07:36:05 PM »
Yesterday's Open Studio was on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. An assortment of friends and artists stopped by and spent a few hours chatting about our city and research and what we're working on. The first spontaneous gathering I've hosted in a year of restrictions.

nessness

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #253 on: February 21, 2021, 09:57:23 PM »
I had a nice socially distanced visit with my grandma today. She got her second dose of the Covid vaccine last week. She felt terrible for a few days after the first dose, and was worried she'd feel even worse this time around, but she had no side effects at all.

oneday

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #254 on: February 22, 2021, 10:01:51 PM »
I'll be moving in with my partner this fall, probably, and your updates are making me happy looking forward to it  :)   

(It'll be my first time ever living with a romantic partner, after living alone for 13 years, so I'm a little nervous, and it's nice to hear examples of it going smoothly.)

Yay! Glad my example is making a positive impact for you :)

Today's happiness was putting the harness on my cat and walking him a little. This is still in early/experimental stages, but I think he'll be a good walker eventually.

mspym

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #255 on: February 23, 2021, 03:11:42 AM »
Late night park walk with Ofpym, we have good talks and stupid jokes while Honey bops around sniffing things and sometimes running up trees. Consistently a great way to end the day.

Morning Glory

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #256 on: February 23, 2021, 06:52:10 PM »
I had fun climbing on the big pile of snow with my five year old after meeting him off the school bus today.

nessness

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #257 on: February 23, 2021, 10:21:40 PM »
I've been trying to increase my kids' and my outdoor time, and fortunately the weather has been cooperative. We're all in a much better mood after spending some time outside, even if it's just letting the kids run around the backyard while I work on my computer on the deck.

oneday

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #258 on: February 23, 2021, 11:02:44 PM »
Used up a serving of rice that was sitting in the fridge, almost forgotten for too long, but consumed just in time!

Freedomin5

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #259 on: Today at 12:41:45 AM »
My bedroom rug arrived, and it's amazing what a difference a few soft furnishings make.

lazycow

• Stubble
« Reply #260 on: Today at 02:29:03 AM »
Sat outside as a family to eat a delicious dinner, prepared by my daughter.  It is a beautiful evening.

nessness

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #261 on: Today at 10:32:50 PM »
I had a super productive day at work, and finished a report that was driving me crazy (mostly because it shouldn't have been mine to write - I got tasked with it after the project lead quit unexpectedly). It feels really good to have that off my plate.