Author Topic: Happiness challenge  (Read 166275 times)

Freedomin5

• Walrus Stache
    • FIRE Countdown
Re: Happiness challenge
« Reply #750 on: July 28, 2021, 05:36:53 AM »
Today was the perfect balance of productivity and lounging about.

MarcherLady

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #751 on: July 28, 2021, 08:46:47 AM »
Happiness is the first cup of tea after the power comes back on!

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #752 on: July 28, 2021, 09:30:19 PM »
I was actually on a nice long phone call with another forum member yesterday talking about happiness and how it isn't so much a state as a learnable skill. It's more an approach to life than a product of it.

Sometimes there are major barriers to happiness, I was frankly NOT happy in April, but it's all about managing those barriers and appropriately processing whatever shit comes along so that it doesn't permanently alter your capacity to enjoy your life.

If there's one major thing I've learned in my crazy, crazy life is that literally ANYTHING can be processed and incorporated into a process of thriving. It's not easy, but it's simple.

That said, a lot of things need to be resolved before they can be processed. There are certain barriers to well being that are simply not sustainable. I know too many people trying to sustain lives in unsustainable conditions, and that's why they're so fucking miserable.

The bold, I don't totally disagree with. Well, it's fair to say I haven't really thought about happiness in those terms,  so maybe it's less a matter of agree/disagree than a point I will mull over now that you've put it that way. Good stuff!

Today was the perfect balance of productivity and lounging about.

Love those days!!!

Today's happiness is opening the music app on my phone instead of computer, and finding the "guitar gods" playlist that I thought was lost! Yay!!!

nessness

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #753 on: July 28, 2021, 09:45:44 PM »
My neighbor gave me a mini loaf of banana bread last night, and another neighbor left a big bag of peaches on my doorstep today. I have (mostly) great neighbors.

Freedomin5

• Walrus Stache
    • FIRE Countdown
« Reply #754 on: July 29, 2021, 02:43:18 AM »
I got my flat bike tire replaced today, and the guy only charged me 20 rmb. When I first had it replaced about a month ago, he charged me 35 rmb. Maybe he felt bad that I got a flat so soon after he had just replaced it. I’m looking forward to a nice long bike ride tomorrow morning.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 02:46:46 AM by Freedomin5 »

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #755 on: July 29, 2021, 05:43:11 AM »
I was actually on a nice long phone call with another forum member yesterday talking about happiness and how it isn't so much a state as a learnable skill. It's more an approach to life than a product of it.

Sometimes there are major barriers to happiness, I was frankly NOT happy in April, but it's all about managing those barriers and appropriately processing whatever shit comes along so that it doesn't permanently alter your capacity to enjoy your life.

If there's one major thing I've learned in my crazy, crazy life is that literally ANYTHING can be processed and incorporated into a process of thriving. It's not easy, but it's simple.

That said, a lot of things need to be resolved before they can be processed. There are certain barriers to well being that are simply not sustainable. I know too many people trying to sustain lives in unsustainable conditions, and that's why they're so fucking miserable.

The bold, I don't totally disagree with. Well, it's fair to say I haven't really thought about happiness in those terms,  so maybe it's less a matter of agree/disagree than a point I will mull over now that you've put it that way. Good stuff!

I don't say it as a casual statement, I say it as someone who has dedicated an enormous amount of work to understand well being and happiness.

Life does not make you happy, how you approach it makes you happy. That's why there are so many people who have literally everything they need to be happy, who are walking around miserable. Our society doesn't teach people how to be happy.

It's actually quite challenging for most people.

I scratch the surface of most people around me, and the vast majority aren't nearly as happy as they pretend to be. They're just used to it and think that it's normal.

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #756 on: July 29, 2021, 10:18:01 AM »
Had a bit of an accident yesterday which landed me in ER getting a few stitches...and I have to say that accessible healthcare makes me very happy. Or maybe it's just not having to worry about small accidents having big costs which makes me happy.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #757 on: July 29, 2021, 10:46:42 PM »
@Salim I'm glad your accident ended up with you being OK in the big picture.

I don't say it as a casual statement, I say it as someone who has dedicated an enormous amount of work to understand well being and happiness.

I totally get that about you, having read some of your other writings here & there on this forum.

Life does not make you happy, how you approach it makes you happy. That's why there are so many people who have literally everything they need to be happy, who are walking around miserable. Our society doesn't teach people how to be happy.

I scratch the surface of most people around me, and the vast majority aren't nearly as happy as they pretend to be. They're just used to it and think that it's normal.

Is there more to it than the correct approach? I can think of no better place for you to drop nuggets of wisdom re: happiness than this thread! If you are so inclined. :)

Today's happiness was getting to the hardware store 1/2 hour before closing. They were in the process of pulling the pallets of merchandise that sit out front during open hours into the store for safekeeping overnight. What I was there for was in one of the aisles filled with pallets of potting soil. As I approached from one end, an employee was depositing yet another pallet into the other end of that aisle. We had a short conversation about what I was there to purchase and I asked if I could walk on the pallets/merchandise to get my stuff. The employee said it was OK as long as I didn't puncture any bags. Woo hoo! They were super stable and about knee high, so not terribly treacherous. But I was totally surprised that it was OK to do! I retrieved the stuff without damaging any other merchandise or myself :) It was fun. Plus, tomorrow I should be able to finish the project that needed that stuff.

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #758 on: July 30, 2021, 03:32:14 AM »
I’m happy that it’s July and not June. Today would be the last day of the month if it was June. But since it’s July there’s another day in the month. I may be able to achieve most of my goals this month! I’ve been desperately trying to finish some things before the end of the month today (because I thought it was June), but they won’t be finished until tomorrow.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #759 on: July 30, 2021, 04:55:45 AM »

I got a nice compliment yesterday that made me happy.  I was buying a full cart of groceries at Aldi and the checker told me I did a fantastic job organizing my stuff on the belt to make her job easier.  She said I could teach a class for other shoppers.  :)

Admittedly I do some of the organization for selfish reasons (protect my stuff from damage) but there are also things I do just for the checkers' efficiency, and it made me glad to hear that she appreciated it. 

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #760 on: July 30, 2021, 07:00:43 AM »
@Salim I'm glad your accident ended up with you being OK in the big picture.

I totally get that about you, having read some of your other writings here & there on this forum.

Is there more to it than the correct approach? I can think of no better place for you to drop nuggets of wisdom re: happiness than this thread! If you are so inclined. :)

Well, it will depend on the individual.

First, I don't actually like the term happiness, because it can be interpreted in a lot of ways. Does it mean an overall state, or a momentary experience, or an approach, gratitude, or whatever.

I prefer to use the terms thriving and well being, because that's pretty clear to me. Someone is either thriving and doing well or they aren't. A lot of people will say they're happy because they have a lot of things in life that they're incredibly grateful for, but it's obvious that they are struggling and burning out.

So in terms of well being and thriving, there are two main elements.
1: removing barriers to well being
2: learning to thrive and foster well being

1: Barriers

I'm from a Danish family, the Danes are known for being the happiest people in the world. Except, they aren't actually particularly cheerful people, what they are, on average, is less burdened with barriers to well being as a society.

It's not that they're exuberantly joyful and that balances out the normal shit of life, it's that they're missing a lot of the worst parts of life. They trust their government, they trust their communities, they trust their general safety, and they trust their social programs.

You have to remove the barriers to thriving in order to obtain a general state of well being.

The key is understanding these barriers, and those vary for everyone. But the common theme is that they are things that cause ongoing trauma. Ongoing trauma is caused by circumstances that are a combo of the following: repeated, unpredictable, and perceived as unjust. Prime examples are abusive relationships, toxic workplaces, and addiction.

Barriers are things that cannot be coped through, as long as they are an active force, no matter what you do, they will continue to deteriorate your well being. The longer they are present, the more damage accrues, the more work it will take to recover, and the more likelihood of permanent damage.

2: learning to thrive and foster well being

This is also individual. The tricky part is that almost everything society indoctrinates us to believe is important will actually work against this goal. So it's a constant navigation between what feels like the right thing to do, and what's actually going to work.

For this part, especially when someone is working from a major deficit, I usually start with identifying key indicators of wellness, because they're universal. No matter what the individual needs to thrive, these key indicators will improve along the way.

Key Indicators:
-good sleep
-waking feeling rested and at ease
-excellent nutrition
-frequent, enjoyable exercise
-quality time spent with loved ones

These are very, very simple, basic quality of life metrics that the vast majority of people do not have in their lives. But they are excellent key indicators of thriving, and they're the things that quickly become compromised when a system is taxed outside of its adaptive capacity.

You can't just pressure yourself to have a happier approach to life, it has to be a systematic approach to nurturing your own well being, the way you would for a child. You have to care 100% of the time how you are doing, what you really need, and how you are going to get it. Because no one else will do it otherwise.

never give up

• Walrus Stache
  • Kindness is free to give and priceless to receive
« Reply #761 on: July 30, 2021, 08:09:40 AM »
Ah yes the sheer joy I felt this morning when I found some jam in the back of the cupboard I feared was out of date, but it turned out wasn’t, definitely falls into the “momentary experience” category!

I like how you’ve framed the barriers and thriving aspects there. I tend to think of happiness as:

1. Contentment.
2. The ability to appreciate the small things and find joy in them.
3. A state of being where we feel capable and confident of overcoming our problems.

I guess my barriers must be low enough that I was in a place mentally to enjoy the jam find. Presumably if I was burnt out the jam find would have barely registered any joy within as it would be completely overshadowed by whatever barriers I was experiencing. I guess most of the entries in this thread are of the momentary variety, but the fact they can occur implies a good base level of happiness if you like.

I like the thought of compiling some quality of life metrics. I definitely don’t have the right balance here because work takes too much of my time for me to focus on them sufficiently for me to hit the level I would like to, but not enough for me to feel they are neglected either.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #762 on: July 30, 2021, 08:12:52 AM »
Ah yes the sheer joy I felt this morning when I found some jam in the back of the cupboard I feared was out of date, but it turned out wasn’t, definitely falls into the “momentary experience” category!

I like how you’ve framed the barriers and thriving aspects there. I tend to think of happiness as:

1. Contentment.
2. The ability to appreciate the small things and find joy in them.
3. A state of being where we feel capable and confident of overcoming our problems.

I guess my barriers must be low enough that I was in a place mentally to enjoy the jam find. Presumably if I was burnt out the jam find would have barely registered any joy within as it would be completely overshadowed by whatever barriers I was experiencing. I guess most of the entries in this thread are of the momentary variety, but the fact they can occur implies a good base level of happiness if you like.

I like the thought of compiling some quality of life metrics. I definitely don’t have the right balance here because work takes too much of my time for me to focus on them sufficiently for me to hit the level I would like to, but not enough for me to feel they are neglected either.

Not necessarily.
A lot of people with high barriers tend to become far too attached to the momentary joys, and this is how they develop self medicating habits that work against their overall well being.

never give up

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #763 on: July 30, 2021, 08:26:40 AM »
Oh crumbs, I suddenly have the urge to lay down on a formal looking couch and talk things through with someone! I do like a momentary joy or two. That’s a very good point though you make.

Now I’m wondering how I would work out if I was genuinely appreciating the momentary stuff or if I was too attached to them, and whether or not I’ve spent today comfort eating jam sandwiches!

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #764 on: July 30, 2021, 08:30:54 AM »
Oh crumbs, I suddenly have the urge to lay down on a formal looking couch and talk things through with someone! I do like a momentary joy or two. That’s a very good point though you make.

Now I’m wondering how I would work out if I was genuinely appreciating the momentary stuff or if I was too attached to them, and whether or not I’ve spent today comfort eating jam sandwiches!

Lol, it doesn't actually matter.

Just don't use the presence of momentary joy as a key indicator of wellness. You don't need to overthink it.

Think of it this way. When you look at your life exactly as it is now, if you keep living the same way, are you in better shape after 10 more years or worse shape?

It's really that simple. It's not easy, but it's simple.

never give up

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #765 on: July 30, 2021, 08:40:10 AM »
Haha yes I do tend to overthink things.

I can simply and confidently say that if I keep living the same way for ten more years I would be in worse shape. Thankfully I have a plan next year to go part time that I would expect to address that balance and change the answer. I would only need to do that for a handful of years before I could make a much more significant change to the way I live.

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #766 on: July 30, 2021, 11:00:32 AM »

Lol, it doesn't actually matter.

Just don't use the presence of momentary joy as a key indicator of wellness. You don't need to overthink it.

Think of it this way. When you look at your life exactly as it is now, if you keep living the same way, are you in better shape after 10 more years or worse shape?

It's really that simple. It's not easy, but it's simple.

That is a very insightful statement @Malcat ---thank you for your well-considered musings. I can say that I would be in fairly similar/slightly better shape but I'm working on creating more opportunities that would tip me into even better shape. 

Time to go for a walk and work on that aspect of it.

SquashingDebt

• Bristles
« Reply #767 on: July 31, 2021, 03:12:47 PM »
I mowed a lawn today for the first time ever.  It was quite satisfying, and looks pretty good!  (Just moved in with my partner, after apartment living all of my adult life.)

nessness

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #768 on: August 01, 2021, 08:59:12 AM »
I went to an (outdoor, socially distanced) concert last night. I haven't been to a concert in years, and it was really fun and nice to get out of my routine.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #769 on: August 01, 2021, 09:21:41 PM »
@Malcat thanks for sharing your perspective. There's a lot there, and taking it all in is going to be a process. I'm glad to see others also are seemingly getting some good stuff out of it.

Today's happinesses were many. Visiting with hobby friends, including a few I haven't seen in a while; visiting with Mom; getting exactly all my necessary errands done with no compromise of pushing off to a future date or doing "extra" because I have some time. IOW, balance :)

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #770 on: August 01, 2021, 10:24:29 PM »
Today's happiness was getting our second vaccines. Since we were there early (9.40) it was just walk up, walk in, get jabbed, walk out. Just a really smooth experience and then we took a tiny walk around the regenerating marshlands park and it was just really lovely and calming.

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #771 on: August 02, 2021, 06:06:03 PM »
Completed one portion of a long-term art project today. It's been about two years in the making and is a strange secret joy for me. I haven't shown it to many people (besides my SO as he is helping me accomplish it) and it feels nice to keep something quiet as I've gotten quite used to the online sharing culture.

Plus, was out in nature and the smells were summery divine.

SquashingDebt

• Bristles
« Reply #772 on: August 02, 2021, 08:10:47 PM »
Got my car back from the mechanic after 3 days without it, including 2 days of missing work.  (I live pretty far away from work right now, and my partner is out of town so he couldn't drive me.) It was great to be able to drive myself to work this afternoon and start tackling my backlog there.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #773 on: August 03, 2021, 05:09:29 AM »

My daughter and I made some curtains using my vintage Singer 301A sewing machine, which runs beautifully.  Such a happy day. 

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #774 on: August 03, 2021, 10:38:41 PM »
mspym: 2nd vax, wooooooooooooo! 👍

Serendip, it is so cool to see your dedication to your project! 2 years and counting is quite a long time.

SquashingDebt not everyone would be happy about getting back to work! Glad you could find the upside to it.

Trifele I love that you are using the vintage machine and it still runs and does the job. Plus working happily with your daughter; that's really the best part.

Today's happiness was finding the motivation on my own for a walk to the library and return a few books. Plus, making the decision not to *also* carry the Little Free Library books. I would have been uncomfortable and there's no reason to wait another day to send them out into the world. At peace with the decision to keep the "clutter" around for another 24 hours.

SquashingDebt

• Bristles
« Reply #775 on: August 04, 2021, 03:54:30 AM »
Found a problem at work yesterday that could have been a biiiiig problem.  Did some investigating/testing and it didn't seem so bad.  Then got the final confirmation from my boss last night at 9 pm that he thinks it's not really a problem at all (helping us interpret the test results).  He texted back that late because he thought it would help me sleep better, which was true.  So I'm grateful for less hassle at work and also a considerate manager.

MarcherLady

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #776 on: August 04, 2021, 03:55:53 AM »
And I'm not really copying oneday, but my happiness today is that I've just strolled through the village in perfect walking temps to the little free library to drop off a couple of books. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, all was right with the world, or at least my little bit of it, even if just for those 10 minutes.

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #777 on: August 04, 2021, 08:01:29 AM »
Found a problem at work yesterday that could have been a biiiiig problem.  Did some investigating/testing and it didn't seem so bad.  Then got the final confirmation from my boss last night at 9 pm that he thinks it's not really a problem at all (helping us interpret the test results).  He texted back that late because he thought it would help me sleep better, which was true.  So I'm grateful for less hassle at work and also a considerate manager.

That IS thoughtful of your boss...nothing like some unnecessary midnight ruminating to ruin a good nights sleep!

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #778 on: August 04, 2021, 08:04:05 AM »
Thanks oneday--it feels nice to work on something long term with no pressure (and by not telling people about it, it even removes the pressure of anyone asking how it's going, ha)   Complete creative freedom :)

Have scheduled three walks/hikes with different friends this week.
I am an introvert and can be quite happy toodling around on my own but these are relationships that I value and spending time outdoors, catching up with a friend is a really wonderful way to spend a portion of each day.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 08:06:03 AM by Serendip »

Freedomin5

• Walrus Stache
    • FIRE Countdown
« Reply #779 on: August 04, 2021, 03:44:54 PM »
It’s nice to be home after several days of traveling. I’ve missed my DH and DD.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #780 on: August 05, 2021, 02:53:01 PM »
@MarcherLady lol, no worries about copying! My happiness was more about being able to make the best decisions for self care rather than slavishly trying to squeeze out the max productivity. Besides, it's bound to happen that two of us do the same thing on the same day :)

@Freedomin5 I often experience the same "nice to be home" feeling after travel.

Yesterday's happiness was remembering to take the books to the LFL. *And* finishing another LFL book, to go back at a later date (maybe today?).

Today's happiness has already arrived. A small camping lamp's batteries burned out. After replacing them, it still didn't work. I bought a special screwdriver to disassemble it (and later returned it because it was a duplicate). I spent time tracking down parts online. But never purchased any. It was a whole big thing. It's been cluttering up my side table and caused a "landslide" of other clutter to accumulate there, which has been difficult to manage because of not wanting to lose any of the little pieces. Today, the lamp lit!!!!! So it is re-assembled and will go into my go-bag next time I'm at the car. Woo hoo!!!!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #781 on: August 05, 2021, 03:13:53 PM »
-I've run three times this week & have actually stuck to my training plan. I'm tired, but in a really good way
-The weather here has been fantastic. Sunny during the day, a nice breeze, and cool in the mornings/evenings
-Our garden has continued to produce, & I find it so enjoyable to make salads out of all of the stuff we've grown

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #782 on: August 10, 2021, 10:27:46 AM »
My hands have been bothering me (I have a physically intensive job) and I've been contemplating how I might transition out of my current work in order to protect them--last night I had a dream scenario (including art) which had me thinking 'this is exactly where I'm supposed to be!'.

I woke up feeling less concerned, somehow knowing that my subconscious is also working on a solution brought me some comfort (even IF there are still no clear answers, it was an exciting feeling). I am NOWHERE near my financial goals but I am closer than I would've been so that brings some peace as well.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #783 on: August 11, 2021, 05:25:31 PM »
I had the WEIRDEST deposition today. So, so strange.
But the only plausible explanation of how bizarre it was is that the lawsuit is going to turn out well for me.

I'm friends with a lot of lawyers in relevant fields for my case, and they all agree that what happened was very odd, and points to an early end to this bullshit.

Why was it so surreal? Because opposing counsel asked me literally NOTHING about the key elements of the complaint.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #784 on: August 11, 2021, 10:20:59 PM »
Wow Malcat. Sounds like they can't win on the core facts, so are looking for a technicality. Fingers crossed for you!

Today was just a good day. Had that overall sense of life being something I can handle, which is a feeling that comes and goes. Nice to have it, for a change.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #785 on: August 11, 2021, 10:28:21 PM »
That is excellent @oneday, you've got this.

My joy was a splendid walk with Honey where she worked really hard at Being Good and I got to enjoy the magnolia blossoms against a ridiculously blue sky.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #786 on: August 12, 2021, 05:53:34 AM »
Wow Malcat. Sounds like they can't win on the core facts, so are looking for a technicality. Fingers crossed for you!

I can't get into the details until it's over, but my team has a solid theory. There's one very obvious explanation, and it's a good one for me. There's only one very convoluted explanation that doesn't work in my favour, but it still doesn't actually make any sense.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #787 on: August 12, 2021, 07:41:38 PM »
Thanks @mspym . Your walk sounds like just the thing.

@Malcat of course I am intrigued about the details of the case, since it is forbidden knowledge! I hope you will at least let us know if it shakes out in your favor.

Today's avocado was perfectly ripe for my toast.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #788 on: August 12, 2021, 08:32:14 PM »
Thanks @mspym . Your walk sounds like just the thing.

@Malcat of course I am intrigued about the details of the case, since it is forbidden knowledge! I hope you will at least let us know if it shakes out in your favor.

Today's avocado was perfectly ripe for my toast.

Next date isn't until late October, so it will be awhile before any updates.

Tomorrow I get to deal with another lawsuit, and then Monday, even another one on top of that. Only the first one directly involves me though, the other two involve the condo board I'm president of.

Still, my life is just a pile of lawsuits at the moment, so it's a good thing I generally enjoy the process.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 09:28:58 PM by Malcat »

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #789 on: August 12, 2021, 09:12:36 PM »
We took our lunch to the park today and had a wee picnic. It was so relaxing. Definitely going to add to the repetoire

SquashingDebt

• Bristles
« Reply #790 on: August 13, 2021, 06:10:58 AM »
My partner has movers halfway through loading up his uHaul right now and he'll be starting his 20 hour drive this afternoon to move back to our state/move in with me!  Can't wait to officially live with him!  (And pay for zero apartments instead of two!  Our new place is paid for by renting out the other unit on the property.)

Freedomin5

• Walrus Stache
    • FIRE Countdown
« Reply #791 on: August 13, 2021, 07:06:10 AM »
I’m a Canadian working for an American company. Since I selected the health insurance that doesn’t cover USA, my premiums are a lot lower than my American coworkers. The company is giving me the difference in cash (Happiness #1). I’ve already spent all of it as a donation to an organization working with Syrian refugees (Happiness #2). I also feel very happy and grateful that we are in a position where we can be generous both with our time and money (Happiness #3).

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #792 on: August 13, 2021, 08:18:35 AM »
-I got to sleep in an extra 45 minutes today. Extra sleep is always pure happiness.
-The kids have been eating blueberries & cucumbers straight out of the garden
-School starts on Monday! The first time my 14 y.o. has been in full time school in 18 months. (Fully vaccinated, fully masked)

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #793 on: August 13, 2021, 09:47:51 PM »
A walk to the library with my BF and getting new books!!!

lazycow

• Bristles
« Reply #794 on: August 14, 2021, 03:43:48 AM »
My daughter turned 21 today. We had home made bagels with smoked salmon and cream cheese for brunch and bbq lamb with home made pita for dinner and Nigella's custard birthday cake. Because it is all about the food:-) It was a marvellous day.

Freedomin5

• Walrus Stache
    • FIRE Countdown
« Reply #795 on: August 14, 2021, 03:55:47 AM »
I love getting books and magazines from the library!

never give up

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #796 on: August 14, 2021, 07:06:24 AM »
I’ve just had a great bike ride. The sun was shining, the birds were singing and the cars were well behaved.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #797 on: August 14, 2021, 04:26:00 PM »
I’ve just had a great bike ride. The sun was shining, the birds were singing and the cars were well behaved.
Perfect!

My happiness is drinking coffee, listening to the birds and enjoying not running the dog today.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #798 on: August 15, 2021, 12:10:29 AM »
I love getting books and magazines from the library!

It's so great!

I finished a craft project today that was just sitting around for weeks. Just needed the finishing touches, it took about 15 minutes.

SquashingDebt

• Bristles
« Reply #799 on: September 01, 2021, 06:29:35 AM »
Currently having a leisurely breakfast, watching the dog nap peacefully in the morning sunshine.