Author Topic: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter!  (Read 986058 times)

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter!
« Reply #4600 on: March 08, 2017, 02:52:04 PM »
I ended up with about eight magazine racks from my old job.

I used them for a while then changed things around and don't use them.

So I'm going to bring them to work, where they will be put to use.

Now to actually bring them with me on the train...

Ok, so far I've brought in four. That's progress.

I've also decluttered a couple of other items to work.

A colleague mentioned having to buy a cheap disposable item of which I have half a dozen, so I brought her in one.

And I brought in a pretty Kikki K notepad to keep in my desk. I'm forever writing notes to people to include with parcels so this way I'm using up some of the nice stuff instead of just plain paper. (People have gifted me a lifetime supply of beautiful stationery over the years, so I need to use it up any way I can.)

couponvan

• Magnum Stache
    • My journal
« Reply #4601 on: March 08, 2017, 04:53:21 PM »
I got rid of these today - to a neighbor who just had a litttle girl after 3 boys. Win for me as my little girl is in middle school.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:54:58 PM by couponvan »
Why the hell are we going shopping? Buy sh*t, return other sh*t, go through sh*t and donate sh*t. Complain about having too much sh*t. Repeat. (Bracken Joy 2/17)

misshershey

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4602 on: March 08, 2017, 10:06:46 PM »
I'm *still* clearing out junk as I pack (closing could be next week!)--where does it all come from??? I have come to the conclusion that I have *WAAAAAYYYYY* too much stuff, and I know I have less than the average American does!

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4603 on: March 09, 2017, 03:53:41 AM »
I'm *still* clearing out junk as I pack (closing could be next week!)--where does it all come from??? I have come to the conclusion that I have *WAAAAAYYYYY* too much stuff, and I know I have less than the average American does!

It's like once your eyes have been opened you can suddenly see how much 'stuff' is just 'junk'. Unfortunately I have found a side effect of this thread / decluttering is that I have become quite judgemental of other's spaces. I just look at people's countertops and have this overwhelming feeling of wanting to throw it all out.

Not my nicest characteristic. And also a great example of 'No zealot like a convert!'

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4604 on: March 09, 2017, 02:24:09 PM »
Last of the magazine racks to work today, plus I'm posting half a dozen make-up bags etc to a charity that collects products for women escaping domestic violence.

Donated four old pairs of glasses to charity through my optometrist. And sent a bottle of glasses cleaning solution to work with my husband.

This week's tally:
2 in
25 out

mies

• Bristles
« Reply #4605 on: March 09, 2017, 03:29:58 PM »
Last of the magazine racks to work today, plus I'm posting half a dozen make-up bags etc to a charity that collects products for women escaping domestic violence.

Donated four old pairs of glasses to charity through my optometrist. And sent a bottle of glasses cleaning solution to work with my husband.

This week's tally:
2 in
25 out

Nice!
Less is more.

couponvan

• Magnum Stache
    • My journal
« Reply #4606 on: March 09, 2017, 06:08:08 PM »
Divested myself of a carpet cleaner today.  Delivered several items to church consignment sale.  Basement now looks like to much stuff, but not hoarders level.
Why the hell are we going shopping? Buy sh*t, return other sh*t, go through sh*t and donate sh*t. Complain about having too much sh*t. Repeat. (Bracken Joy 2/17)

Well Respected Man

• Stubble
« Reply #4607 on: March 10, 2017, 08:52:58 PM »
Moved more items out of the gym expansion area. Getting close, but still need the dining table out of there before I can demo.

BeautifulDay

• Stubble
« Reply #4608 on: March 10, 2017, 10:29:08 PM »
Looking forward to starting the packing process this weekend as we prepare to move at the beginning of April.  As we pack it will be good to get rid of anything we don't currently use and  things we won't need in the new house.

firelight

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4609 on: March 11, 2017, 01:40:33 AM »
Got some books, games, clothes and yarn out the house after a long time. Feels so freeing. That makes me want to tackle some more mess that's in the closet over the weekend.

misshershey

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4610 on: March 12, 2017, 08:29:41 PM »
Sewing room is now PACKED! I cleared out at least 3 boxes of Xmas stuff (mostly stuffed penguins, let's be honest), an old stereo that I had forgotten about, a foot spa, patterns, quilt books, & more. I've now eliminated 1346 lbs of clutter!

halftimer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4611 on: March 12, 2017, 08:41:46 PM »
A broke friend was hosting a 'gold buy', and I didn't think I had anything to bring but finally found a very old and very small (child size?) 10K bracelet, and a silver necklace. Both are now gone and I'm $11 richer.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4612 on: March 12, 2017, 09:05:18 PM »
Yesterday I threw out a folder, and added the contents to another folder. (Next step is going through all the paperwork again.)

I'm visiting my parents this weekend so I'll take a few things I've been collecting (at their request), two pillows for my room there since I'm just not using them here, fabric for my mum, and a few other bits and pieces.

Working on getting my husband to take a big canvas print to work.

I've gotten rid of a lot so there are now gaps, an empty shelf here, an empty drawer there. Now I'm trying to store like with like. I had linen stored in the linen cupboard and the spare room, gym gear stashed in the linen cupboard and my wardrobe.

Eporedia

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Just a gal in NW WI
« Reply #4613 on: March 13, 2017, 09:34:45 AM »

This weekend was much better than the last one. I took all my 7yr old girl clothes out of drawers and checked every one for size and conditions. A big bag for donation and some to recycle. I also moved a couple things around and everything looks much better. She helped all the way and even folded her shirts back.

I cleaned a small closet, and found lots to dispose of. The closed is nice now. Still have another big one to go, maybe next weekend.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4614 on: March 13, 2017, 02:05:08 PM »
Ughhh. Fighting a tide of stuff coming in. ILs are moving forward with moving, which means more of DH's random stuff from childhood coming into the house.

Luckily, I talked them into adding the FOUR FOOT TALL Obama painting to the garage sale instead of having us take it. They bought it for DH... which is weird, since DH really isn't that politically active. I mean, sure Obama's great and all, but uh... a 4' tall painting?

Now I need to figure out what to do with old yearbooks, caps and gowns, a saxaphone, etc.
My journal: Hiding in the Ferns
Like babies? Have kids? Want to chat about Babies and Pregnancy/Infertility? Group Journal Here.

mies

• Bristles
« Reply #4615 on: March 13, 2017, 02:40:58 PM »
I had food poisoning last week so I fell behind a few days. My old childhood Legos are finally starting to sell, so I got a few bucks back out of those and got them out of my house.

We also finally received our new shelving units. I unloaded our beat up old book case and put the stuff I wanted in the new shelving unit. I found a few more books I was willing to part with and added them to the donate pile. I put the old book case up for sale too.

I also finally got a bite an old DVD player I have been trying to sell for the last month. That should be gone tomorrow.
Less is more.

SuperSaver

• Stubble
« Reply #4616 on: March 13, 2017, 03:23:08 PM »
I've been so busy with my work licensing but, am officially done now. I started gathering more donations for goodwill in my fireplace area, have a giant bag of clothes ready to go and a ton of food.

My fiance got a new job so he tried on all his clothes in February and donated a lot if them. I redid our closets and culled my wardrobe that was scattered between two closets and a plastic bin under the spare bed.

Unfortunately there is only one church that accepts food semi nearby.
What do you do if there are no food banks nearby?

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4617 on: March 13, 2017, 03:24:56 PM »
I've been so busy with my work licensing but, am officially done now. I started gathering more donations for goodwill in my fireplace area, have a giant bag of clothes ready to go and a ton of food.

My fiance got a new job so he tried on all his clothes in February and donated a lot if them. I redid our closets and culled my wardrobe that was scattered between two closets and a plastic bin under the spare bed.

Unfortunately there is only one church that accepts food semi nearby.

With no food banks, you probably don't have Buy Nothing Project either, but if you do, that's an option. I've gifted food to neighbors before.
My journal: Hiding in the Ferns
Like babies? Have kids? Want to chat about Babies and Pregnancy/Infertility? Group Journal Here.

jordanread

• Walrus Stache
  • Live Long, Live Free, Drop Dead
    • Frugal FIRE Show
« Reply #4618 on: March 13, 2017, 03:36:26 PM »

Block party potluck?
Join the cycling challenge!
Get in shape in 2017!
Frugal FIRE - Episode 2

"Mustachians rarely sit back and let things happen to them. Mustachians go out and happen to things."

Camp Mustache Canada - Sold Out Already!!

SuperSaver

• Stubble
« Reply #4619 on: March 13, 2017, 03:44:52 PM »
BJ- I actually joined my local BNG and its pretty much inactive. Mrs. frugalwoods posts make me want to live in a more sharing community. I might try the local Facebook  yardsale since it's basically 2 large reusable bags worth of food and unopened 10# bag of rice. I haven't had much luck on the yard sale page but- free food is nice, right?

Jordan I moved and only know a few neighbors. Block party is not really a thing in my neck of the woods. :) that is a very wonderful thought though.

Thanks for the ideas!

jordanread

• Walrus Stache
  • Live Long, Live Free, Drop Dead
    • Frugal FIRE Show
« Reply #4620 on: March 13, 2017, 03:51:11 PM »
BJ- I actually joined my local BNG and its pretty much inactive. Mrs. frugalwoods posts make me want to live in a more sharing community. I might try the local Facebook  yardsale since it's basically 2 large reusable bags worth of food and unopened 10# bag of rice. I haven't had much luck on the yard sale page but- free food is nice, right?

Jordan I moved and only know a few neighbors. Block party is not really a thing in my neck of the woods. :) that is a very wonderful thought though.

Thanks for the ideas!

I can't think of a better way of meeting them. :)
Join the cycling challenge!
Get in shape in 2017!
Frugal FIRE - Episode 2

"Mustachians rarely sit back and let things happen to them. Mustachians go out and happen to things."

Camp Mustache Canada - Sold Out Already!!

mies

• Bristles
« Reply #4621 on: March 13, 2017, 04:48:16 PM »
I just cleaned up under our kitchen sink. There were a couple of decade old cleaning products: A rusty can of oven cleaner, a bottle of carpet cleaner from when we were renting, and a bottle of Lysol spray that had evaporated to the point the liquid had turned to a gel :P

I also found a bag of potting soil under there. That's in the garage now with the rest of my bags of dirt :D
Less is more.

mies

• Bristles
« Reply #4622 on: March 14, 2017, 03:22:04 PM »
I finally sold an old DVD player today. I think I will be able to sell an old bicycle tomorrow. If the frame isn't too big for him, that will be on less thing taking up space in the basement :)
Less is more.

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
    • Cookie's Goals
« Reply #4623 on: March 14, 2017, 03:46:30 PM »
Sold my bed frame last night! For $200, and I only paid $100. Sweet deal. :) Glad to have that out of my house.

LittleTree

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4624 on: March 14, 2017, 08:54:36 PM »
I'll join in.
Took 5 big bags of stuff to Salvation Army this weekend and have 2 big boxes full of old business postcards by the front door for recycling day. I also did a post for some lumber that I don't want to store on our local Buy Nothing Group. It feels so good to see more of my basement floor. I really hope to clear out more stuff this year. Stuff just keeps accumulating even though we've purchased very little in the past 2 years. I'd really like to clear out some old metal filing cabinets and get rid of them too! Just need the energy and the motivation!

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4625 on: March 14, 2017, 10:12:33 PM »
Tossed a bunch of old letters, some travel memorabilia from years ago, and a broken ramekin.

And I returned two of the four new bras I bought. I don't even know why I bought four new ones. I only have two boobs.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4626 on: March 15, 2017, 02:44:55 PM »
I packed up a bunch of clothes in bags in my trunk, and I will drop them off soon.

I'm giving away a bag of random knickknacks on my Buy Nothing Group.   

I have not kept up with clearing out the clutter.  I need to go through my clothes again, but I also need to go through all of our miscellaneous stuff.

iowajes

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4627 on: March 15, 2017, 04:57:11 PM »
Got rid of 4 glass toiletries bottles. Tiny, but gone from the house!

couponvan

• Magnum Stache
    • My journal
« Reply #4628 on: March 16, 2017, 07:51:11 AM »
Charity pickup is today!  $621 worth of donations submitted.  I feel so good about sending things to a better home where they will be needed.  I didn't include any shoes in my items as they are going to a work shoe drive for immigrant children who are moving to Chicago.  I now feel better about my snow boots donations - knowing they are actually going to an immigrant child that needs them in this area.  Somehow I feel better about that than Goodwill (I'm not sure why that is though).

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #4629 on: March 17, 2017, 06:42:31 AM »
I donated some canned and jarred food to the local food bank. It's good stuff that I would have eaten eventually, probably, but it's in a better place now.

I gave away a journal to a student and have been writing thank you cards liberally (I have so many!).

I attacked the ever-growing pile of mail. I swear that is the biggest hurdle for me as far as keeping my living room uncluttered goes.

I'm doing another closet purge this weekend. I thought I'd gotten rid of everything I could, but I think I've actually got a bag or two worth of clothes I don't love wearing.

I'm giving up on reading my old journals before shredding them. They're too depressing, and that doesn't make up for the cool parts where I see the name of someone I'd forgotten or am reminded of a fun memory with a relative who has since passed. Plus, there are simply SO MANY. I'm done. They served their purpose when I wrote them: I improved my writing skills and sorted out my thoughts. For journals going forward, I think I'll make a five-year expiration date.
http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/preparing-for-forced-early-retirement-due-to-disability/

Join my ibotta team for rebates: https://ibotta.com/r/bdtnbyj

Join my Shopkick team so we can start a Vespa gang (or you can get more practical gift cards...if you think those are better than a Vespa for some reason): https://app.shopkick.com/r/3eNYBE

iowajes

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4630 on: March 17, 2017, 11:47:01 AM »
Sold a Bumbo chair and tray that was given to me as a hand me down for $20. We decided we won't be using one, so it is out of the house, and that $20 goes into the college fund.

mies

• Bristles
« Reply #4631 on: March 18, 2017, 03:44:03 PM »
I finally convinced my wife to let me clear out a cabinet in our dining room so we can store our bird seed in it. We were just leaving the bird seed on the living room floor, but we were getting sunflower seeds and peanuts all over the place. It also meant we had to move the bird seed containers whenever we needed to vacuum in there. Now that they are in the cabinet, we shouldn't have to move them when we clean. Also, she will be scooping them out in the dining room which has gray tiles. The rogue peanuts and sunflower seeds will be easier to find and pick up.
Less is more.

happy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4632 on: March 18, 2017, 04:15:08 PM »
I'm still decluttering. I'm working on my kitchen and my study at the same time. I've been avoiding the study for so long. I still have boxes stored in there untouched from when I moved in 7 years ago. I'm excavating paper.  Yesterday I found and shredded some stuff that went back to 1985. Doh! I've made a goal to go paperless.....should manage that in another 7 years.
Journalling at Happy Aussie Downshifter

firelight

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4633 on: March 18, 2017, 05:23:24 PM »
Rearranged toys and books to empty a shelf so plush toys can go in there and make the corner they are in much more usable for my kid. I'm thinking to move a coffee table there so she can spread her toys on it when needed. The books are now in a easy to access basket so my kid doesn't have to get the whole shelf out to find her favorites. Also moved a book to donate pile and put away clothing from a trip. Now to attack clothing from laundry once it's done.

I also finished three books this week and returned them to the library. I have three more to go along with a bunch of magazines.

FireHiker

• Bristles
« Reply #4634 on: March 20, 2017, 02:21:12 PM »
We had a really productive weekend in the getting rid of stuff/clutter category. I am looking for something that I can't find in the house, and it always spurs me on to downsize the stuff when that happens. I went through multiple drawers/cupboards and, although I still didn't find what I was looking for, I got rid of a TON of old stuff that didn't need to be taking up space, lots of miscellaneous bits of junk I used to save because that's what my mom did and I didn't know any better: old cards, brochures from places I visited, movie ticket stubs, stupid crap like that. Then I cleaned out a box in the garage (more of the same but stuff my mom saved and then gave me as "your stuff"...still have 4 or 5 of those boxes left that I dread) and 1.5 file folder boxes full of old college work.

We also took a stab at the playroom, and managed to remove 64 children's books and some miscellaneous toys to donate. We gave our neighbor all the duplos (kids are onto "real" legos now), nice ski pants, a raincoat, and hiking boots that my youngest has outgrown. My oldest has two bags of clothes to donate that aren't worth saving for his younger brother. I pulled out a pair of pants that I don't like and never wear and 3 shirts.

I'm disappointed to be back at work today instead of de-cluttering some more, but my recycling can is full anyway and doesn't get picked up until Thursday. Ideally I want to touch everything and know everything we have (and where it is). It is a daunting goal.

mies

• Bristles
« Reply #4635 on: March 20, 2017, 02:52:04 PM »
I'm disappointed to be back at work today instead of de-cluttering some more, but my recycling can is full anyway and doesn't get picked up until Thursday. Ideally I want to touch everything and know everything we have (and where it is). It is a daunting goal.

I know that feel when you fill up your recycling bin. I've done that twice since I started decluttering in earnest this year. It's filled up mostly from breaking down packaging for old appliances and things we no longer have.

Keep up the good work. It'll give you something to look forward to over the weekend :D
Less is more.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4636 on: March 20, 2017, 03:54:01 PM »
We had a really productive weekend in the getting rid of stuff/clutter category. I am looking for something that I can't find in the house, and it always spurs me on to downsize the stuff when that happens. I went through multiple drawers/cupboards and, although I still didn't find what I was looking for, I got rid of a TON of old stuff that didn't need to be taking up space, lots of miscellaneous bits of junk I used to save because that's what my mom did and I didn't know any better: old cards, brochures from places I visited, movie ticket stubs, stupid crap like that. Then I cleaned out a box in the garage (more of the same but stuff my mom saved and then gave me as "your stuff"...still have 4 or 5 of those boxes left that I dread) and 1.5 file folder boxes full of old college work.

We also took a stab at the playroom, and managed to remove 64 children's books and some miscellaneous toys to donate. We gave our neighbor all the duplos (kids are onto "real" legos now), nice ski pants, a raincoat, and hiking boots that my youngest has outgrown. My oldest has two bags of clothes to donate that aren't worth saving for his younger brother. I pulled out a pair of pants that I don't like and never wear and 3 shirts.

That is an enormous effort. Well done!

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4637 on: March 20, 2017, 03:56:08 PM »
A bout of decluttering inspiration struck while I was getting ready for work this morning (as it does most days. I like my job but get bored with the morning routine).

I grabbed a stack of loyalty cards from a drawer, checked they were all in my Stocard app, then tossed them plus the little card wallet they'd been stored in. Fourteen things gone in five minutes.

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #4638 on: March 21, 2017, 07:07:12 AM »
I think I'll attack the junk drawers this weekend. Most, if not all, of the stuff we actually use (I already got rid of stuff from them), but I'm thinking of organizing them logically with little dividers.
http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/preparing-for-forced-early-retirement-due-to-disability/

Join my Shopkick team so we can start a Vespa gang (or you can get more practical gift cards...if you think those are better than a Vespa for some reason): https://app.shopkick.com/r/3eNYBE

PMG

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4639 on: March 21, 2017, 07:39:08 AM »
Last week I finally took the two dozen mason jars I had collected to a friend who cans.  She was delighted.

I took a bag of clothing to goodwill as well and read another book just to get it off my shelf.

Sibley

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4640 on: March 22, 2017, 09:07:03 AM »
I'm buying a house!!!!!! (first house, really excited, I'm annoying to be around right now.) Which means I'll be moving soon.

Have been accumulating a pile of stuff to get rid of for a while, so will be adding to it as I start packing and eventually take it all to goodwill. Move sometime in May, so I have time, and nowhere near as much crap as my roommate who's in the same boat.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4641 on: March 22, 2017, 09:26:44 AM »
I'm buying a house!!!!!! (first house, really excited, I'm annoying to be around right now.) Which means I'll be moving soon.
Congratulations!!!

All of my big clear outs have centered around a move.  I purged as I packed and unpacked.  :D

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #4642 on: March 23, 2017, 08:02:39 PM »
I would have shredded seven more journals, but the shredder overheated at four and a half. I'll have to finish those in the morning.

After that, all I have left journal-wise is a few pages I ripped out that I'll scan and journals from the past five years. I'm going to institute a one-filled, one-shredded policy from here on out.

It feels really good to be almost rid of them -- they've been quite a weight.

I've also moved some new-condition stuffed animals (prizes from carnival games) to the donate pile, freeing up most of another closet shelf.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4643 on: March 23, 2017, 08:20:31 PM »
Threw out the volumising attachment for my hairdryer this morning.

I didn't own a hairdryer till I was 26. Four years later I've never used this attachment, and only use the hairdryer when it's an emergency.

I think I'll be ok without it.

My goal is to get all toiletries down to one bathroom drawer (we only have one) and one small tub of spares. Getting there slowly.

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4644 on: March 24, 2017, 06:10:34 AM »
I would have shredded seven more journals, but the shredder overheated at four and a half. I'll have to finish those in the morning.

After that, all I have left journal-wise is a few pages I ripped out that I'll scan and journals from the past five years. I'm going to institute a one-filled, one-shredded policy from here on out.

It feels really good to be almost rid of them -- they've been quite a weight.

I've also moved some new-condition stuffed animals (prizes from carnival games) to the donate pile, freeing up most of another closet shelf.

I've been contemplating throwing out old journals. I mean, I never read them. When I have glanced at them they caused nothing but embarrassment. But I don't know. For some reason I feel I should keep them. Like I'm letting go of my former self or youth or something? I dunno.

I do know that whenever I consider my own mortality, I cringe at the thought of someone reading them. Maybe that is reason enough to get rid, I mean, I'm definitely going to die.

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #4645 on: March 24, 2017, 06:19:41 AM »
I had the same feelings. I read some, liked seeing the names of old friends and family members that are no longer living, hated reading about my deep depression and unhealthy relationships, got slightly sucked in to said depression, and stopped reading. The journals served their purpose when I wrote them. Keeping them has been a burden (sometimes literal when moving as they took up boxes of space), and as each one goes, I feel better.

Except for some furniture I need to unload, my decluttering is now at the hardest stage: mementos and emotionally charged things. It's slow-going, but I'm making constant progress. More importantly, I've managed to not add to that group of objects. I don't need to remember everything. Forgetting some good memories is well worth it if it also means forgetting/letting go of the bad.

iowajes

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4646 on: March 24, 2017, 07:14:59 AM »
Got rid of a few more baby hand me downs I don't plan on using at all.  I love the buy nothing group!

Funny story though: My mother came over and opened our (well organized, but totally full) container cabinent in the kitchen.  She sighed and said "I've been helping your sister clean out- we need to get rid of half of these! You have way too much!" 

Except, last week, the cabinet was completely empty because every single one of them was full with food in the fridge!  We cook every single meal from scratch, plan to have leftovers so that we can bring lunches to work and have a few dinners each week we don't have to prepare, and save ingredients in containers when we don't need them all for a recipe.  Just because SHE doesn't need fridge containers doesn't mean we don't!

However, I did ask her to sneak out some of the coffee mugs while DH wasn't looking!  No one needs 20 coffee mugs!

Tris Prior

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4647 on: March 24, 2017, 05:17:31 PM »
I got rid of a huge ugly dresser that we didn't want to move! We were just going to "donate" it to the alley, but I decided to email everyone else in my building to see whether anyone wanted it. Turns out our across-the-hall neighbor likes to refinish furniture! We pushed that heavy sucker out of my apartment and into hers, and she paid me in beer from the microbrewery she works at. Score!

FireHiker

• Bristles
« Reply #4648 on: March 24, 2017, 05:37:56 PM »
I have old cringe-worthy journals too. I did get rid of one last weekend. I like the consideration that the writing of it served its purpose and I can let them go now.

Getting ready to leave the work week behind me and see how much more stuff I can clear out this weekend! We have company the entire weekend so it probably won't be as productive as last weekend, unfortunately.

marty998

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4649 on: March 25, 2017, 12:33:28 AM »
Won a fridge in a chook raffle a few weeks ago. Handed it off to a cousin who needed it today.