I started the process of kondo'ing my stuff in the apartment this weekend, and got through clothes, books and papers before the puppy woke up. All attention has to go to him when he's up and on the carpet though, so I've got misc. stuff and mementos/photos to go!
This weekend I got rid of:
* 1 shirt (now 13 including work out clothes)
* 1 pair of pants/shorts (now 7 including work-out clothes)
* 2 "hanging items" (now 13)
* 16 socks/stockings (now 7)
* 0 bags (now 2)
* 3 accessories (scarves) (now 8)
* 1 bathing suit and 1 set of pajamas (now 1 set of each)
* 2 shoes (now 6)
This includes clothes and shoes, etc. for all seasons, so now my whole wardrobe fits in less than half my studio apartment closet, and I don't need any "off season storage".
* 2 books (now have 4)
* Like SO many papers omigosh I don't even guys.
I'm so happy, now that I've gone through my stuff, that I remembered which outfits I love and started wearing them more, and which books I love, and made a point to display and start reading them again!
I am dreading the next category... I have so much miscellaneous stuff spread out in disparate places. Next time I get a couple hours to myself, I'm going to tackle electrical equipment (game systems, cameras, etc), household equipment (sewing stuff), and household supplies (TP, paper towels, my 17+ bottles of different cleaning solutions I somehow have). Board games could be its own category...