Author Topic: Finish (or start) Writing Your Book 2017  (Read 8520 times)

Izybat

• Stubble
Re: Finish (or start) Writing Your Book 2017
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2017, 01:09:44 PM »
My word count for my current book crossed the 10,000 mark this week. It feels great because I haven't even gotten into the meat of the story yet, so I feel like my pacing is going well. Normally, I rush my beginnings because I want the action to just start already, so this is a nice switch.

SeaKayEl

• Stubble
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2017, 01:10:38 PM »
My word count for my current book crossed the 10,000 mark this week. It feels great because I haven't even gotten into the meat of the story yet, so I feel like my pacing is going well. Normally, I rush my beginnings because I want the action to just start already, so this is a nice switch.

What a great milestone! Congrats!!

jooniFLORisploo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2017, 04:34:57 PM »
I am going to forgo my perfectionism (for the time being) and focus on getting rough draft illustrations regardless of how happy I am of them.  I can tweak later.

Love this :)

Joon,  I picked up Bird by Bird at the Library today!  Thanks again for the suggestion.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! I'm crazy glad my therapist mentioned it to me.

Maybe more than anything else, I have found it so helpful to read other writers' experiences of shame, embarrassment, humiliation, fear, etc, in the tricky matter of personal exposure (of one's personal story, to cruelty by complete strangers, etc). Writing is one thing... Putting stuff out there, wow!

jooniFLORisploo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2017, 04:35:41 PM »
My word count for my current book crossed the 10,000 mark this week.

WONDERFUL!!!! Congrats!

jooniFLORisploo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2017, 07:11:08 PM »
Though I understand that many are referring to what I would call drafts, minis, or unfinished/unpolished works when they dismiss self-published material, I was feeling slightly discouraged re: some folks' dismissiveness. Then I remembered that Andrew Hallam, author of the bestselling Millionaire Teacher, recently told me that The Wealthy Barber was self-published, so I looked that up.

Here are my favourite parts of this story, as told on wikipedia:
Chilton began his career by self-publishing his book The Wealthy Barber [...] one of the best selling Canadian books of all time, selling over two million copies since its release. [...] Chilton left his role in the publishing industry in 2007, primarily due to the guilt of not contributing to the development of the industry, while taking a third of all profits. [...] Chilton has stated that it is unlikely he will publish another financial guide book, as the writing process proved to be too strenuous...

I love that he self-published, and saw tremendous success via that path.
I love that it became one of the bestselling Canadian books of all time :)
I love that when he became a publisher of others' works, he ultimately left due to the guilt of taking more than a justified amount.
I love that (according to this account) he found serious writing "strenuous." (I'm not crazy, yay!)

The Joy of Not Working by Ernie Zelinski was a similar self-published success in that genre.

Very cool.

Of course, not every book will see this outcome, but...I feel happy when I see evidence that "self-published" does not equal "crap", that stuff rejected by or not submitted to publishers may be that which proves to be most loved/helpful, that there are endless variables that determine whether a book reaches the masses or not, etc.

We write, we put it out there. The rest is up to Whatever. We have to be okay with whatever outcome, but I think it's important that we have resiliency in response to some off-hand comments. That's my journey, anyway!

How's your writing going today? :)

Poundwise

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2017, 07:14:51 PM »
Thank you for the inspiring thoughts, Joon! 

My writing is going.  I missed two days this weekend, but painfully got back in the saddle yesterday. This morning I started out well also.  Overall, I've only missed 5 days this month (or only 3, since I started the challenge on the 3rd) so I'm doing much better than I expected!

SeaKayEl

• Stubble
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2017, 08:30:40 PM »
Great Post Joon!

I hope I can come across little bits of inspirational knowledge like this to share.

I love that (according to this account) he found serious writing "strenuous." (I'm not crazy, yay!)

This is great...

I'm about 2/3 of the way through "Bird by Bird" (freaking amazing book by the way--I am so grateful you suggested it) and there are so many of her thoughts and feelings that she shares that makes you laugh to yourself or feel relieved or feel like your not alone.  It also helps that it's ridiculously funny.

Poundwise--I would chalk that up to being a successful month!  Keep it up!

jooniFLORisploo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2017, 08:54:39 PM »
..."Bird by Bird" (freaking amazing book by the way--I am so grateful you suggested it)

Yay!! Not everyone on the planet will like every single book, so I'm delighted this one resonates for you :)

...and there are so many of her thoughts and feelings that she shares that makes you laugh to yourself or feel relieved or feel like your not alone.  It also helps that it's ridiculously funny.

Yep, those are all the ways it helped me too!

Izybat

• Stubble
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2017, 06:57:51 PM »
I just hit 15,000 words. I'm cruising right along. I'm also impressed that I've been able to keep up a really good writing streak too. I've only missed like one day a week for all of January. Keep it coming.

SeaKayEl

• Stubble
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2017, 07:20:08 PM »
I just hit 15,000 words. I'm cruising right along. I'm also impressed that I've been able to keep up a really good writing streak too. I've only missed like one day a week for all of January. Keep it coming.

This is awesome!!

Can you explain to me about word count...I have been very curious about this.  I have close to zero knowledge about the writing world....and the very little I know has been geared toward children's books.  Are different total word counts put into different categories or really have no basis on a finish product?  For instance, I believe the industry standard for a children's picture book is 32 pages (take what I say with a grain of salt...I'm no expert here). 

Are your sights set for a specific word total or as a milestone marker or something else?

Regardless of my knowledge, 15K seems like a heck of a lot of words!!  Keep killing it!

Izybat

• Stubble
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2017, 03:54:27 PM »

This is awesome!!

Can you explain to me about word count...I have been very curious about this.  I have close to zero knowledge about the writing world....and the very little I know has been geared toward children's books.  Are different total word counts put into different categories or really have no basis on a finish product?  For instance, I believe the industry standard for a children's picture book is 32 pages (take what I say with a grain of salt...I'm no expert here). 

Are your sights set for a specific word total or as a milestone marker or something else?

Regardless of my knowledge, 15K seems like a heck of a lot of words!!  Keep killing it!

Some types of books are generally written to be in a specific word count range. Many in the romance novel genre (for Harlequin for example) have ranges where your book should be. For example 60,000 - 75,000 or something. Most of the books that I've written in the past have been relatively small for novels, in the 50k - 60k range. Which, from googling around, is about the length of The Great Gatsby or Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I'm hoping to get mine to start being longer, so I'm sort of aiming for the 100k mark, give or take. Some authors go MUCH further than that. Stephen King's It is approximately 444,000. I am NOT aiming for that in any way.

SeaKayEl

• Stubble
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2017, 03:18:38 PM »
Thanks for the knowledge Izybat!

I have hit my goal for January...I have rough draft illustrations from the Cover Page through Page 4!  On to another 4 illustrations for February!

jooniFLORisploo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2017, 05:55:50 PM »
I have hit my goal for January...

With three days to spare! Nicely done!!!!

Do you want to share another illustration (rough) with us? (No pressure; just an invitation.)

I've been writing like mad, but since my real goal in this thread is submitting a completed work to professional reviewer's, I'm not meeting that one yet at all. But, this thread is helping keep that in mind. I believe I'll be able to take one baby step in that task this week :)

SeaKayEl

• Stubble
Finish (or start) Writing Your Book 2017
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2017, 06:12:38 PM »
I have hit my goal for January...

With three days to spare! Nicely done!!!!

Do you want to share another illustration (rough) with us? (No pressure; just an invitation.)

I've been writing like mad, but since my real goal in this thread is submitting a completed work to professional reviewer's, I'm not meeting that one yet at all. But, this thread is helping keep that in mind. I believe I'll be able to take one baby step in that task this week :)

So glad this thread can help keep your goal in sight!  Doesn't seem like you can go wrong anytime you are writing like mad.

I would love to share more of my illustrations....the ones I am happy with.  I am fully embracing moving right along regardless of if I am fully happy with what I have created. As of right now, I am only happy with 1 out of the 4 January illustrations...and it happens to be the title page...so not at all interesting.

But if you are interested I can post the illustrations I am happy with as I go along.  Also, I would love if anyone else wants to post any part of what they are working on.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 06:42:45 PM by SeaKayEl »

jooniFLORisploo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2017, 06:22:07 PM »
Doesn't seem like you can go wrong anytime you are writing like mad.

Right?? :)

It's funny, I was feeling increasingly stuck and confused in life (mostly due to stuff coming up in kid's disabilities) and suddenly I cracked and so much writing came...

I am fully embracing moving right along regardless of if I am fully happy with what I have created.

Adore this!

I think sharing what we're doing can help some of us stay motivated, so I encourage your pics...

I would love if anyone else wants to post any part of what they are working on.

I did different stuff around the 'net this week, but here's one blog post that folks particularly seemed to like:
https://financialtipsforthebroke.com/2017/01/25/in-sickness-in-health-the-flip-side/

SeaKayEl

• Stubble
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2017, 06:40:14 PM »
Doesn't seem like you can go wrong anytime you are writing like mad.

Right?? :)

It's funny, I was feeling increasingly stuck and confused in life (mostly due to stuff coming up in kid's disabilities) and suddenly I cracked and so much writing came...

I am fully embracing moving right along regardless of if I am fully happy with what I have created.

Adore this!

I think sharing what we're doing can help some of us stay motivated, so I encourage your pics...

I would love if anyone else wants to post any part of what they are working on.

I did different stuff around the 'net this week, but here's one blog post that folks particularly seemed to like:
https://financialtipsforthebroke.com/2017/01/25/in-sickness-in-health-the-flip-side/

I love when someone can show me a different perspective...that is definitely what your blog post did for me.  It is so easy to get tunnel vision about what something means to us.  I have never thought about "...in sickness and in health..." in any other way than I will love my partner when they are healthy or sick.  And then expanding this to our family/friends/community.  How awesome!  Thank you for turning this inside out and I am really glad you shared this with me!

jooniFLORisploo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2017, 06:42:29 PM »
Oh, thanks so much, SeaKayEl!! Your words mean a LOT to me!

SeaKayEl

• Stubble
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2017, 09:49:36 PM »
I am beginning to realize the benefits of "shitty first drafts."  I have re-drawn the 3 January illustrations that I wasn't happy with.  I am sure I will re-draw them a few more times, but I am a lot happier with them!  Just got to keep producing the "shitty first drafts" and tweaking them until they work!

Poundwise

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2017, 07:51:08 PM »
Good work, everyone!  I am trying to settle myself down into doing my writing for today. Have managed to not break the chain again, against all odds, but I'm extra tired tonight.

The good news is that I've stopped rewriting the same old sections, and have now moved on to a new and interesting bit, so I hope to make more progress.  I think my challenge for February will go a little further... beyond 5 minutes a day, now have to accomplish this 5 minutes before 10pm (so that it doesn't keep me up late) and I will see if I can do two reps of 5 minutes a day!

SeaKayEl

• Stubble
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2017, 05:44:53 PM »
Good work, everyone!  I am trying to settle myself down into doing my writing for today. Have managed to not break the chain again, against all odds, but I'm extra tired tonight.

The good news is that I've stopped rewriting the same old sections, and have now moved on to a new and interesting bit, so I hope to make more progress.  I think my challenge for February will go a little further... beyond 5 minutes a day, now have to accomplish this 5 minutes before 10pm (so that it doesn't keep me up late) and I will see if I can do two reps of 5 minutes a day!

DON'T BREAK THE CHAIN!!! ;)
You not rewriting old sections sounds like me trying not to re-draw illustrations....it's so tough when you are not happy with it!

How did your first day of Feb work out with two reps a day?

Poundwise

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2017, 05:48:06 PM »
Not so good! :~(

I broke the chain Jan 30-31 because I was doing extreme cooking.  But the day is not over. 10 minutes before 10pm!

Great work on your schedule for January, SeaKayEl!

jooniFLORisploo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2017, 05:58:10 PM »
10 minutes before 10pm!

Aren't you glad a day goes all the way to midnight? :)

How often I have relied on the fullest definition of the word "today"...

Poundwise

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2017, 08:36:12 PM »
Hurray, my little bit of writing is done for the day!  A new chain begins...

How is everybody else doing?

SeaKayEl

• Stubble
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2017, 08:58:29 PM »
Not so good! :~(

I broke the chain Jan 30-31 because I was doing extreme cooking.  But the day is not over. 10 minutes before 10pm!

Great work on your schedule for January, SeaKayEl!

Through this process I am slowly excepting imperfection.  I am finding that it's not about being perfect (at least that's what I'm telling myself for the first draft...we will see what happens down the road, LOL), it's more about persistence.  When you zoom out and take a look at the people who are successful, they aren't the only ones with the great ideas, they are the only ones that follow through wth them (especially not losing enthusiasm when the failures start piling up).  I guess that was a long way of saying...we are all still kicking ass as long as we stick with it!

Hurray, my little bit of writing is done for the day!  A new chain begins...

How is everybody else doing?

Way to get back on the chain!

How I worked in January was I would brainstorm during the week and illustrate on Saturday.  I want to keep with this game plan, but am coming up against a wall for my next illustration.  I know I have a few more days and I may get some ideas but I am not sure if I want to start drawing in hopes that it will spark some creativity or skip this page temporarily and move to the next one.... Decisions, decisions...

Izybat

• Stubble
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2017, 08:11:44 PM »
I'm doing fairly well. I've managed to write about 6 days a week for the last 5 weeks or so. I even managed to keep up with it this week, even though I have a cold that is clearly trying to kill me. I hit 20,000 words tonight!

jooniFLORisploo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2017, 08:20:01 PM »
As of today, on my Google calendar I have a bright green bar across the next three weeks forbidding me from taking on any new volunteer commitments until after I have submitted my thing to the reviewer!!!

That'll show me!

SeaKayEl

• Stubble
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2017, 08:43:25 PM »
Killer work Izybat and Joon!

I have illustrated page 5....still on track!

Fish Sweet

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2017, 01:02:59 PM »
I'd love to join in on this challenge, as this year I've decided I really want to start up a blog (a videogame food blog, for people who are into that sort of thing) and maybe a little writing on the side, see if I can churn out some stuff that I can monetize, or even just enjoy writing a spicy story or two.  First step, honestly, is to start reading again-- I find that I write MUCH better when I'm reading lots of stories, and also to come up with a timeline, budget, and plan for the blog itself, since I'm going to be sinking some money and resources into the food aspect of it.

Orvell

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2017, 01:18:26 PM »
>_______________>
I ... am tentatively in.

I'm 11K into That Thing a novel that I really shouldn't drop. (Calling it a novel sounds Big and Scary, so I'll probably just call it "that thing" sometimes)
I also have several short stories that need a final polish and need to be sent out so I can start my very own rejection letter binder. ;)
I also have a graphic novel project trying to vault its way off of the backburner.
But doing these things has become very daunting so I've managed to avoid actually... you know... doing most of it.

Hoping to get the push here to get off my ass when it comes to getting myself and my work seen and read.
:)
My Journal where I talk about money and writing and art and things.

jooniFLORisploo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2017, 03:13:13 PM »
Hoping to get the push here...

......::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::push.

Done :)

Orvell

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2017, 03:16:21 PM »
Hoping to get the push here...

......::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::push.

Done :)
lol. XD
Gracias.

I actually have a short story picked out. Tonight I'll do a final editing pass, and then I'll submit it to my first choice professional-rate place tonight, too.

O__O
Yes. Yes, I will.

jooniFLORisploo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2017, 03:30:14 PM »
professional-rate place

What is that, dear Oro?

Orvell

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2017, 03:34:26 PM »
professional-rate place

What is that, dear Oro?
You mean which market is it? Or what a professional rate is for short stories? Or is this an amusing comment about the frustrating pennies (or lack there of) that people feel is appropriate to pay? Lol.
I think I'll keep which place it is quiet until the story sells, as it's not likely to get sold to the first place I send it to. :) First up is a place that pays 8 cents a word, which is a professional rate. Not exactly big bucks when talking about a 1,500 word story, but professional. ;P
I'll go down my list into the semi-professional paying places, but if it doesn't get bought there, I'll shelve it. I don't want to get published enough to do it for free.

jooniFLORisploo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2017, 03:50:02 PM »
Oh, I see! I just 100% didn't understand the phrase. I thought you meant a place that had professionals that would rate your story somehow, like a quick feedback thing. (Doesn't that sound like a great service? I guess some professional beta-readers do something along those lines.)

For the first time ever, the MMM forum just told me I'm posting too fast. ?!?!?!?!? I'm trying to click veeeeeeeeeeeery sloooooooooooowly this time.

Orvell

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2017, 03:52:26 PM »
Oh, I see! I just 100% didn't understand the phrase. I thought you meant a place that had professionals that would rate your story somehow, like a quick feedback thing. (Doesn't that sound like a great service? I guess some professional beta-readers do something along those lines.)

For the first time ever, the MMM forum just told me I'm posting too fast. ?!?!?!?!? I'm trying to click veeeeeeeeeeeery sloooooooooooowly this time.
Oh! I can totally see how you'd read it that way. :) Thanks for clarifying. Hopefully I clarified too.

Ug, outside eyes are so valuable. I'm super lucky right now in that I have several writerly friends who are kind enough to lend their eyes (and minds) when I quietly (or otherwise) wish. I try to reciprocate, because it is really a labor of love. :)

jooniFLORisploo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2017, 03:57:23 PM »
Ug, outside eyes are so valuable. I'm super lucky right now in that I have several writerly friends who are kind enough to lend their eyes (and minds) when I quietly (or otherwise) wish. I try to reciprocate, because it is really a labor of love. :)

That is a SERIOUS gift they are giving, yes!!

I had to pay two people hundreds of dollars each to beta-read (big book, but still, big $ outlay for me!).

Beta-reading is something I'd be willing to do (free at this time in my life), so if folks here want to arrange to send me stuff (after the green bar in my calendar is deleted), do!

Orvell

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2017, 03:59:16 PM »
Same, actually, time willing. :) With the caveat that short stories are really all I'm prepared to beta currently, and my own comfort zone is more in spec fic.
^__^

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2017, 05:18:40 PM »
I have a a decent outline finished AND a workable marketing plan. I'm going to do most of the writing in the summer, but the planning is going well!
http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/preparing-for-forced-early-retirement-due-to-disability/

Join my ibotta team for rebates: https://ibotta.com/r/bdtnbyj

Join my Shopkick team so we can start a Vespa gang (or you can get more practical gift cards...if you think those are better than a Vespa for some reason): https://app.shopkick.com/r/3eNYBE

Orvell

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2017, 06:43:51 PM »
Alright! I submitted a short story to a spec fic place.
*rubs hands*
Let the rejection letters commence.... 8D
I mean, it would be great to get published, but even the feeling of being started is great, no matter what or what doesn't come of it. :)

jooniFLORisploo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2017, 06:50:32 PM »
AWESOME, ORO!!!!!!

You are sure one who gets things done!

Orvell

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2017, 06:53:34 PM »
AWESOME, ORO!!!!!!

You are sure one who gets things done!
>___> SOMETIMES.
(But thank you!!)

jooniFLORisploo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2017, 07:31:02 PM »
I have a a decent outline finished AND a workable marketing plan. I'm going to do most of the writing in the summer, but the planning is going well!

This sounds delicious, Mezzie :)    Great job!!

Poundwise

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2017, 08:57:20 PM »
*rubs hands*
I mean, it would be great to get published, but even the feeling of being started is great, no matter what or what doesn't come of it. :)

Congratulations!! Getting to the point where you are, published or not, is an accomplishment!!

I will try to be inspired enough to get back on the wagon, myself. I have been falling off, but today I did a little writing and I will do a bit more now... yell at me everybody if you see me writing on MMM tonight instead of either working or going to bed.

SeaKayEl

• Stubble
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2017, 09:06:29 PM »
I'd love to join in on this challenge, as this year I've decided I really want to start up a blog (a videogame food blog, for people who are into that sort of thing) and maybe a little writing on the side, see if I can churn out some stuff that I can monetize, or even just enjoy writing a spicy story or two.  First step, honestly, is to start reading again-- I find that I write MUCH better when I'm reading lots of stories, and also to come up with a timeline, budget, and plan for the blog itself, since I'm going to be sinking some money and resources into the food aspect of it.

Sounds great Fish Sweet.  Keep us posted every step of the way!

>_______________>
I ... am tentatively in.

I'm 11K into That Thing a novel that I really shouldn't drop. (Calling it a novel sounds Big and Scary, so I'll probably just call it "that thing" sometimes)
I also have several short stories that need a final polish and need to be sent out so I can start my very own rejection letter binder. ;)
I also have a graphic novel project trying to vault its way off of the backburner.
But doing these things has become very daunting so I've managed to avoid actually... you know... doing most of it.

Hoping to get the push here to get off my ass when it comes to getting myself and my work seen and read.
:)

We are here to motivate you and try our best at getting you off your ass!

professional-rate place

What is that, dear Oro?
You mean which market is it? Or what a professional rate is for short stories? Or is this an amusing comment about the frustrating pennies (or lack there of) that people feel is appropriate to pay? Lol.
I think I'll keep which place it is quiet until the story sells, as it's not likely to get sold to the first place I send it to. :) First up is a place that pays 8 cents a word, which is a professional rate. Not exactly big bucks when talking about a 1,500 word story, but professional. ;P
I'll go down my list into the semi-professional paying places, but if it doesn't get bought there, I'll shelve it. I don't want to get published enough to do it for free.

I feel like I have learned so many new things regarding writing from this short lived thread....hope to keep learning!

Sounds like a sweet side gig to me ;)

I think the planning stage is my favorite.  I LOVE planning backpacking and road trips especially!!!

*rubs hands*

What an awesome milestone!!  I don't know what rejection letters are like...but I pictured it being something similar to when celebrities read mean tweets....I am not sure why.... LOL.

SeaKayEl

• Stubble
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2017, 09:08:08 PM »
yell at me everybody if you see me writing on MMM tonight instead of either working or going to bed.

Challenge accepted ;D

jooniFLORisploo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2017, 09:15:30 PM »
yell at me everybody if you see me writing on MMM tonight instead of either working or going to bed.

Challenge accepted ;D

heh heh, I just checked...  Poundwise, you are being Very Good so far!

Poundwise

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2017, 07:16:11 AM »
I went to bed. :P

Today I will try to stay off MMM until I've done my writing again! I'm not sure why it is so easy for me to write paragraphs and paragraphs on a forum but it kills me to write three sentences otherwise.

jooniFLORisploo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2017, 09:09:09 AM »
I'm not sure why it is so easy for me to write paragraphs and paragraphs on a forum but it kills me to write three sentences otherwise.

In those first few minutes, it is so much lonelier in the latter space!

(But, after the first fifteen or so, when we sink into that glorious flow, writing solo is the least lonely space I ever experience.)

Orvell

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2017, 07:41:20 PM »
I wrote 300 words today even though I super duper didn't want to.

jooniFLORisploo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2017, 08:32:25 PM »
I held firm on my upcoming writing space, declining to take on two volunteer gigs I tend to enjoy.