Author Topic: Finding My Tribe  (Read 316 times)

badassCraig

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Finding My Tribe
« on: October 13, 2018, 10:31:08 PM »
I'm 37 years old with a wife and two kids (both boys under 6).  While I love my family I generally have a feeling of being "alone" and a bit disconnected in the world.  It's odd and discomforting.

I think what's missing is feeling connected through work and finding people I generally enjoy (who enjoy me as well).

Initial ideas include finding people who similarly are interested in hiking, travel, baseball, lifestyle design, creativity, fresh ideas, writing, and most of all, shared experiences.

I'm going to look around for local groups as a place to start and see where things take me.

FamilyGuy

• Stubble
  • I'm changing things
Re: Finding My Tribe
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 10:56:53 PM »
Ok. Wish you the best !!

joonifloofeefloo

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 11:06:37 PM »
Very cool. Is meetup.com very active where you are? It can be awesome for just what you describe.

badassCraig

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 08:51:01 PM »
Ok. Wish you the best !!

Thanks!

I'm also trying to find new ways to speak and interact with my wife, and new activities with my boys.  They love to play and run and be wild, which is not my jam, but my six year old likes sports and my three year old is showing an interest in art.

badassCraig

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 08:52:38 PM »
Very cool. Is meetup.com very active where you are? It can be awesome for just what you describe.

Yes, there are a lot of groups where I live!  A couple of the ones of interest don't seem very active, but I'm going to keep looking and exploring.

Mrs.Piano

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 09:17:20 PM »
What does your wife say about these situations? And have you considered taking the kids and getting involved as a family in Campfire or another youth organization?

Matz_70

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 09:31:24 PM »
I think I can relate.

What helps me is writing down the things that I love on a piece of paper.

When I feel lonely, I plan or organise activities that are on the piece of paper.

When in the activity, I remind myself of that.

It creates better memories and things to look forward to for me. Hope this helps?