I had to leave town unexpectedly all of last week, and before I left, I stocked the fridge for my ILs, who were taking care of my two kids.
I got back on Thursday and haven't bought groceries since. I've had to be a little creative, but we've eaten really well (I'm going to cave and get groceries tonight though because we've been out of milk for four days).
- carrot-white bean - ginger soup with miso
- lobster and corn chowder (brought lobster back from the east cost)
- toast with smoked salmon (brought back from the east coast), cream cheese, capers, onion, pepper and lemon juice
- jalapeno-'cheddar' biscuits (made with nutritional yeast)
- red curry chicken using the slightly wilty veggies, a little bit of chicken, coconut milk, etc. Served with rice and cauliflowers
- sweet potato - black bean - chili soup
- slow cooker chicken tikka masala and a spinach curry with spiced basmati rice
Some freezer raiding, but a lot of pantry products in these meals. I'm down to two oranges and one egg though, so I'm going to get some fresh produce and some dairy tonight.