Used up 6 cups of frozen blueberries today making a triple batch of the excellent blueberry muffin recipe posted below (from tammysrecipes.com) -- only 40 pounds to go! Ugh! I bought too many blueberries 2 summers ago!
Soft, sweet, and bursting with blueberries: these blueberry muffins are our favorite homemade blueberry muffins, and super easy to make, too!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup milk, warmed in microwave
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and oil. Add the warm milk and vanilla extract.
3. Pour wet ingredients into dry, and stir.
4. If using fresh blueberries, wash and drain them, and then stir into batter. If using frozen blueberries, place them in a colander and run hot tap water over them for about 20 seconds. Drain berries for 5-10 seconds, then stir into batter.
5. Use muffins papers or grease 12 muffin cups (can also use mini muffin pans). Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees. If making mini muffin size, bake for about 14 minutes.
Muffins are done when top springs back.