Author Topic: Eat All The Food In Your House - Take 2  (Read 1183625 times)

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache

mountain mustache

• Pencil Stache
Re: Eat All The Food In Your House - Take 2
« Reply #2201 on: April 27, 2018, 08:27:43 PM »
Anyone have good recipes and uses for Pumpkin/squash puree, rhubarb, cranberries, bananas, carrot top pesto (dairy-free) or almond flour?  I have one son that is dairy and banana free, so I'd prefer if he can eat it as well.  If I make it and like it, I will let you know!

curried pumpkin soup with coconut milk?

I love making this recipe for dairy free pumpkin custard. I don't do the crust, or the hazelnuts, just the pumpkin filling which is super rich and delicious with coconut milk

https://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/spicekissed-pumpkin-pie-recipe.html

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #2202 on: April 27, 2018, 08:56:34 PM »
Here is a rhubarb upside down cake.  Maybe it could be made with coconut oil or margarine instead of butter.

Penny Lane

• Stubble
« Reply #2203 on: April 28, 2018, 07:01:40 AM »
I have come to the conclusion that I am now putting away too much food for just the two of us.  We’ve been empty nesters for a few years, but I am still freezing and canning as though the kids are still here. Duh. Will give away more fresh stuff this year,maybe grow less. I have a gallon bag of frozen peach slices for dessert / yogurt before it’s rhubarb time again!

savedough

• Stubble
« Reply #2204 on: April 30, 2018, 12:37:47 PM »
I made a raspberry, rhubarb, cranberry compote to add to oatmeal and it was really good.   I used 1 cup of each (or so, I didnt measure) and a little bit of sugar and cooked on the stove.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2205 on: April 30, 2018, 01:38:18 PM »
One thing this exercise has taught me is the importance of labelling foods in the freezer! I'm making a chilli, and just pulled out two containers of what I think (and hope!) is stock, but I honestly have no idea. It doesn't help that one of the containers was labelled "Homemade hummus" when it very clearly is not. I also have another mystery container in the freezer that is a transparent yellow-orange colour. It taste a little bit tomato-y from the bit I tried, but I'm really not sure. I guess I just have to defrost it and hope I can figure it out and use it. Or just add it to a tomato-based chilli and hope it blends in.

So from now on, labels!

BrakeforT, I always think I will remember what the contents are, or at least be able to recognize them after they freeze.  Nope!  So I try and remember to use freezer tape and a Sharpie.  :D

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #2206 on: May 01, 2018, 02:56:07 PM »
One thing this exercise has taught me is the importance of labelling foods in the freezer! I'm making a chilli, and just pulled out two containers of what I think (and hope!) is stock, but I honestly have no idea. It doesn't help that one of the containers was labelled "Homemade hummus" when it very clearly is not. I also have another mystery container in the freezer that is a transparent yellow-orange colour. It taste a little bit tomato-y from the bit I tried, but I'm really not sure. I guess I just have to defrost it and hope I can figure it out and use it. Or just add it to a tomato-based chilli and hope it blends in.

So from now on, labels!

I also have this problem. I once thought pureed persimmons was a pale tomato sauce. . . that made for a very interesting dinner. :-)

SquashingDebt

• Bristles
« Reply #2207 on: May 04, 2018, 06:08:45 PM »
Pumpkin/winter squash puree can be substituted for oil in baked good recipes.

Also this is my all-time favorite muffin recipe:  http://joythebaker.com/2011/10/pumpkin-millet-and-chocolate-muffins/

Kerowyn

• Magnum Stache
  • very "fuss" oriented
« Reply #2208 on: May 16, 2018, 10:41:01 AM »
I'm joining back in on this thread. We're moving in just over a month--it's just down the street so transporting our food will be easy enough, but I'd rather clear out the freezer and minimize what we have!

Started out by getting the frozen summer squash out to put in my smoothie. Most of it is shriveled and gross, so I actually threw out all but a few pieces that went in the blender, but that's progress. I also looked at a half-used bag of frozen kale, but it's pretty much a solid mass, so I'll have my husband use that in a soup. I had more protein powder than I thought, so about half of it went in the blender and I'll save the other half for another smoothie.

Does anyone have suggestions for some old hulled sunflower seeds (they could go in a smoothie, but I'm unenthusiastic about the prospect)?

Is it OK to eat sweet potatoes that have lushly sprouted? And if not, should I plant them in the yard of my new house?

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2209 on: May 16, 2018, 10:48:48 AM »
@Kerowyn I sprinkle sunflower seeds on everything.  Salads and oatmeal are great.  I also toss them in muffins or banana bread. 

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2210 on: May 16, 2018, 11:05:44 AM »
@savedough , Elana's Pantry has lots of good almond flour recipes, including this paleo pumpkin bread: https://elanaspantry.com/paleo-pumpkin-bread/

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #2211 on: May 17, 2018, 08:43:06 PM »
We used up chicken enchiladas & lasagna from the freezer. Next up - a ton of pesto in the freezer.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #2212 on: May 19, 2018, 11:27:17 AM »
Repurposed leftover kid breakfast today, & turned eggs into a wrap (using the remains of feta from a salad kit) + hot sauce. Also ate kiddo leftover fruit. Need to work through the freezer again!

Kerowyn

• Magnum Stache
  • very "fuss" oriented
« Reply #2213 on: May 20, 2018, 06:19:57 PM »
@Kerowyn I sprinkle sunflower seeds on everything.  Salads and oatmeal are great.  I also toss them in muffins or banana bread.

Oh, I have oatmeal every day, I should toss in a few sunflower seeds! Thanks!

I'm not a big jam eater but, inspired by this thread, I had one of my two pieces of toast with jam today. That used up the jar of jam.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2214 on: May 21, 2018, 02:34:46 PM »
A bag of baby spinach has gone a long way!

Last Thurs:  Side salad with cod
Friday:  Served it under steak
Sun:  Had it in an antipasto salad
Tomorrow:  I'll serve it in a ground beef casserole

I think the latter might do it, LOL!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #2215 on: May 21, 2018, 04:01:27 PM »

If this is the Costco size, it lasts FOREVER! :-)

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2216 on: May 22, 2018, 01:17:05 PM »

If this is the Costco size, it lasts FOREVER! :-)

Haha!  ;-)

If it's not finished tonight, I'm going to toss it into a smoothie in the AM.  This will be an experiment, as I've never had it in one before.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #2217 on: May 22, 2018, 01:32:29 PM »
@MountainGal - with the right fruit balance, I find spinach to be a non-factor (taste wise) in smoothies. Just don't leave out a fruit with a nice flavor. Berries, pineapple, etc. I find if it's just banana, the spinach comes through too strongly.

As for me, I have guacamole leftover from taco night, and thought we had more taco meat in the freezer. Nope. So, we will have taquitos & guac as an "appetizer", followed by leftover kebabs. If I wasn't actively keeping track, the guac would have for sure gone to waste

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2218 on: May 23, 2018, 11:13:36 AM »
Thank you, @MaybeBabyMustache !  I'll keep that in mind.  I ended up using the rest of the spinach last night.  I forgot how much it shrinks when cooked.  Yay!  And your dinner last night sounds really good.

Next up:  Spaghetti squash.  I cooked it last night and served it under the spinach and beef in lieu of pasta.  That will yield 4 servings.  I still had a half squash left, so I shredded cheddar on top and I'll eat that for two lunches.

Trying a new recipe tonight:  Teriyaki chicken and eggplant stir fry.  Should be interesting.  I flavored the chicken from a multi pack and froze it a few months ago.  I also froze plain chicken breasts, as well as a sweet version with sf apricot preserves and ginger.  We've got several jars of preserves and jams to utilize.

I love this thread.  :)

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #2219 on: May 26, 2018, 01:47:08 AM »
I made pizza dough in the breadmaker. The recipe calls for two tablespoons of olive oil - for one of those I used a chilli oil that has been languishing in the back of the cupboard. There's just a tiny bit left so yay. Hope pizza is edible.

Hula Hoop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2220 on: May 26, 2018, 11:10:04 AM »
FB - that doesn't sound so different from dumping chilli oil on top of already cooked pizza so I'm sure it will be fine. 

We are working our way through an enormous jar of Indonesian chilli sauce (sambal oelek) - we pretty much put it on everything.  Tonight I'm going to use up some sad looking meat that DH bought a while ago plus rice with tons of chilli sauce.  For veg, I need to use up some broccoli from the bottom of the fridge. 

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #2221 on: May 26, 2018, 03:39:55 PM »
The pizza turned out really well, just a little bit of heat that made the crust a bit more interesting. I can use up the rest next time.

Kerowyn

• Magnum Stache
  • very "fuss" oriented
« Reply #2222 on: May 26, 2018, 06:48:46 PM »
I used up the protein powder adding it to this delicious smoothie.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2223 on: May 29, 2018, 02:49:28 PM »
@Kerowyn, that smoothie does look divine!

@Fresh Bread, glad your pizza turned out.

Referencing my last post, let's just say you have to be in the mood for stir fried eggplant.  ;)

Saturday a low carb mock tater salad used up 2 frozen bags of cauliflower.

Next up!  A container of ricotta.  I used half in no bake cheesecake cups Saturday, and the rest will go inside bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breasts.

I want to make a ground beef dish later on this week, and searched for a recipe for it and some of the sugar free preserves/jams on hand.  Found one for meatballs using sugar free strawberry or grape jam.   Thumbs up!

Reader

• Bristles
« Reply #2224 on: May 30, 2018, 08:06:13 AM »
The fact that I can pull together orange chicken using $.97 cent per pound chicken, a sad looking orange, some orange marmalade that has been in the back of the fridge for I have no idea how long, some garlic that must be used, some freezer burnt ginger and some sesame oil along with a bit of corn starch and water. It looks all fancy with the bits of marmalade floating around in it. I have the chicken boiling with some bay leaf and will throw on the grill tonight. I will use some leftover rice and cook up some frozen veggie from the freezer.

i have everything in my fridge! chicken leftovers, sad looking orange, old marmalade, freezer burned garlic, sesame oil, corn starch and water and a bunch of old bay leaves. ok i'll have to cook a fresh batch of rice.

thanks for the idea!

Reader

• Bristles
« Reply #2225 on: May 30, 2018, 08:11:06 AM »
Despite the low carb lifestyle, I "de-cluttered" 1/4 cup popcorn (before popping) into my belly Saturday night.  ;)

nice one. i just "de-cluttered" four cookies and an old tea bag. tea keeps (almost) forever though.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #2226 on: June 02, 2018, 09:24:17 AM »
I'm going to salvage a few tiny avocados to make guacamole to go with tacos tonight. Other things I'll use up: ground beef from the freezer, some tortilla shells that have been lingering too long, & the last of the tomatoes.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2227 on: June 03, 2018, 12:32:31 PM »
During our past canoeing trip we ate the last of my homemade dried giking food. Therefore I am currently making a new batch, but not as big as I did last time when it lasted for 2 years. It should last for a year. And I can also make new during the year.

fuzzy math

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2228 on: June 03, 2018, 05:40:59 PM »
I got a lot of free food this week - freezer items from a neighbor who moved, and a ton of fresh produce from my local food not bombs.

This week's priorities: using up a metric butt-ton of cilantro and jalapeños. Already made pick de gallo. May try lazy fridge pickling of the jalapeños. Also goal #2 involves having the children try the frozen vegetables I got from the neighbor. My kids are guaranteed going to freak out (different items, MIXED veggies "the horror" hahahha)

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2229 on: June 03, 2018, 09:31:18 PM »
Strange but tasty dinner made by my SO
Leftover rice noodles with pesto (made a few days ago with parsley & chives from the garden), topped with a fried egg, bacon & avocado.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2230 on: June 04, 2018, 10:25:37 AM »
Despite the low carb lifestyle, I "de-cluttered" 1/4 cup popcorn (before popping) into my belly Saturday night.  ;)

nice one. i just "de-cluttered" four cookies and an old tea bag. tea keeps (almost) forever though.

High fives!! 

@Serendip, that does sound good in a strange way!

Zoot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2231 on: June 04, 2018, 11:36:01 AM »
Used up a two-pound bag of dry beans and a couple of half-used bottles of molasses in a fabulous Instant Pot baked beans recipe.  Scrumptious!

Caveats:
* Recipe calls for pinto beans; I had navy in my use-it-up stash and used those instead with no issues
* Liquid is fairly watery at end of recipe; I left the beans in the pot in keep warm mode for several hours and got the yummy thick texture I associate with baked beans

savedough

• Stubble
« Reply #2232 on: June 04, 2018, 02:39:25 PM »

10 days to go!

Here is what I have left to use over the next six weeks ten days:  (ranked 1-3 on challenge to use with 1 being easy and 3 being hard)
  • Two ziploc bags of breaded pork chops (1)
  • 3-4 chicken breasts (1)
  • Goulash (2)
  • Hambone (1)
  • Tilapia (1)
  • Chopped Ham (1)
  • Bacon (1)
  • 4 2 - Quart Bags of Bone Broth - Beef, Turkey, Chicken and a Mystery unlabeled bag (2)
  • Corn on the cob (1)
  • 8 cups of pumpkin/squash puree (3)
  • Morel mushrooms (1)
  • Okra (1)
  • Cherries (1)
  • 1 gallon bag bursting with rhubarb (3)
  • 8 cups of raspberries (2)
  • 2 12 oz bags of cranberries (3)
  • 3 bananas (3) (Only because I have one son that is allergic and I hate to bake things he can't eat and we aren't really smoothie people at my house
  • 2 TB tomato paste (1)
  • Spices: Ginger, Basil, Thyme (2)
  • Pineapple Cores (2)
  • 1 gallon bag full of Carrot Top Pesto cubes (3)
  • Sorbet (1)
  • Dairy Free Cheesecake (2) (It's not all that tasty)
  • Dairy-Free Ice Cream (2)
  • Butter Braids (2)
  • Caramel Rolls (2)
  • Cinnamon Rolls (1)
  • Cookie Treats (1)
  • Pear Butter (1)
  • Almond Flour (3)
  • 1 Dairy Free Ice Cream Sandwich (1)
  • Ice Cream Sandwiches (1)
  • 3 OJ concentrates (2)
  • Uncrustables (1) - Bought for quick dinners before baseball or snacks between baseball and soccer practice, but the kids would rather have fruit or something else. Only 2 left.
  • Stir Fry Noodle Lunch pack (1)

dividend

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2233 on: June 11, 2018, 11:50:35 AM »
@savedough - Here are a couple of ideas for you for the harder ones :
For the squash puree
Mix equal parts greek yogurt and squash puree, plus pumpkin pie spice (or just cinnamon) and a little maple syrup.  This is good for breakfast, bonus points if you have some toasted nuts to sprinkle on it.
Try this recipe for baked pumpkin oatmeal : https://www.katheats.com/peanuts-the-peanut

For the carrot pesto
Try doing a pesto swirl bread in the same way you'd make cinnamon raisin bread.  Just lay the dough out in a rectangle, spread with a thick layer of pesto, roll up and place seam side down in a bread pan.
Brush onto thin potato slices and bake.  This is actually super delicious if you then put these potato slices on a pizza crust, cover with more pesto, and some parmesan cheese.
Chicken pesto pasta - cook a cubed chicken breast and some mushrooms together, toss with cooked penne, pesto sauce, toasted pine nuts, and finish with a chopped tomato. 

Oh, and those pineapple cores?  Put them in a mason jar, cover with vodka, and leave alone for a while.  Excellent in summer cocktails.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2234 on: June 12, 2018, 03:39:40 PM »
ETA:  @dividend, yum regarding your pineapple core idea!!!

Pantry:
~A gluten free cake mix and the rest of the confectioners sugar leftover from Christmas baking was used in a thank you cake for a neighbor Saturday
~Used the rest of the sugar free honey (I know, I know) in a vinaigrette for the spinach mentioned below

Freezer:
~The other half of a cooked pork roast will go into enchiladas Thursday
~Munched on a few homemade keto "thin mints" over the weekend.  They're much better frozen than they were freshly baked.
~Going to make curry shrimp next week to use up coconut milk and tomato paste
~Baking pumpkin cookies to use up leftover canned pumpkin

Fridge:
~Had the rest of the baby spinach Saturday.  The fridge is fairly bare, monthly grocery shopping day is coming up soon.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #2235 on: June 12, 2018, 03:46:53 PM »
I'm excited about the possibilities of clearing out the fridge. The kids are going to be out of town for three weeks starting on Friday. My husband & I will be in & out & then on vacation (there will be an entirely different fridge to worry about on vacation). As such, my goal is to eat all of the perishables before everyone is done, and not buy anything during this upcoming weekend's typical stock up. I've chatted to my husband. He was uncomfortable. (He loves a full fridge). We'll see where this gets us, and if I can plan ahead enough to make it happen.

What's currently in the fridge:
-About 20 different types of produce. Melons, berries, vegetables, apples, pears, plums, nectarines, etc.
-Dairy (will need to use or freeze)
-Leftovers (will plan to eat before we go)

I love a good fridge clean out!

Catbert

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2236 on: June 15, 2018, 09:44:13 AM »
Savedough - It's hard to think of things to use cranberries this time of year.  I mix them in with other berries/fruit when making desserts.  So for a cobbler or galette you could use cranberries, raspberries, cherries and maybe rhubarb as a filling.  I think you said you're not a smoothie fan, but if you are cranberries could be used in the mix there also.

Zoot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2237 on: June 15, 2018, 10:46:43 AM »
Savedough - It's hard to think of things to use cranberries this time of year.  I mix them in with other berries/fruit when making desserts.  So for a cobbler or galette you could use cranberries, raspberries, cherries and maybe rhubarb as a filling.  I think you said you're not a smoothie fan, but if you are cranberries could be used in the mix there also.

Cranberry granita!  I've had a recipe torn out of a magazine for years and have never tried it--can't find it now or I would type it out here, but here's one from Alton Brown (and there are oodles of others out there on the web):  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/cranberry-granita-recipe-1943855

Zoot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2238 on: June 15, 2018, 10:50:05 AM »

Cranberry granita!  I've had a recipe torn out of a magazine for years and have never tried it--can't find it now or I would type it out here, but here's one from Alton Brown (and there are oodles of others out there on the web):  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/cranberry-granita-recipe-1943855

Or cranberry fool--basically fruit and whipped cream.  Light and summery!  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cranberry-fool

Here's another one from the BBC that uses whole cranberries--you'll have to adjust for this side of the Atlantic for measurements, though: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/896662/cranberry-fools

plainjane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2239 on: June 15, 2018, 10:58:19 AM »
I need some help. I bought ricotta salata because it was on sale and I was sure that I had some recipes for it. I cannot find the recipes I was thinking of.

Suggestions? Otherwise I'll just use it in place of feta.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2240 on: June 15, 2018, 11:14:10 AM »
I've seen ricotta salata in salads (like feta) or in fresh spring vegetable-y pasta dishes. Not sure what else you could do with it.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2241 on: June 16, 2018, 06:05:36 PM »
Cranberry muffins are really good. Also cranberry crisp.

Yesterday we used up a pound of ground turkey that had been in the deep freeze for too long for supper - onion, rice, tomato and ground turkey scramble, spiced with my sausage spice recipe. It was a lot more meat than we usually eat at once, but it was good.

bucketsofrain

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2242 on: June 17, 2018, 04:50:14 AM »
I need some help. I bought ricotta salata because it was on sale and I was sure that I had some recipes for it. I cannot find the recipes I was thinking of.

Suggestions? Otherwise I'll just use it in place of feta.

Ricotta salata is traditionally served with pasta puttanesca (https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/11583-pasta-puttanesca) if you like the ingredients in that!

plainjane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2243 on: June 18, 2018, 04:51:54 AM »
Ricotta salata is traditionally served with pasta puttanesca (https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/11583-pasta-puttanesca) if you like the ingredients in that!

I just restocked on capers, so that's a great idea with some shrimp & zucchini.

Nederstash

• Bristles
« Reply #2244 on: June 19, 2018, 11:50:03 AM »
Finally got my fridge and freezer to the point where I could defrost and deep clean! Aaaah so satisfying. I have some condiments and spinach left, but otherwise it's all empty.
I've put everything on the bottom shelf of the fridge and bottom drawer of the freezer. That way I'll know what I should finish first when I get new groceries.

I just love the sight of an empty fridge. Somewhere, a Depression era grandmother is quaking in her slippers, but I love it!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #2245 on: June 19, 2018, 12:09:25 PM »
@Nederstash - totally agree on the empty fridge! Speaking of, cut up a bunch of produce & froze it for future use, as we are all going out of town. . . box of tomatoes + 6 peaches, half a melon & 1/2 a pineapple.

lentil

• Stubble
« Reply #2246 on: July 06, 2018, 09:56:37 AM »
I just realized that harvest season is right around the corner (AKA the time when I re-stock the freezer with super-cheap seasonal veggies, plus garden produce if our garden somehow manages to recover from hail/heat/bugs). Meanwhile, after two solid months of hosting guests, mixed with a few other routine-disrupting events, our meal-planning/shopping/cooking habits are absurdly out of whack. So I'm in to try to Eat Up My House (Or At Least the Freezer Contents) in July, en route to getting back on track in general.

Step 1: Take an inventory of the chest freezer so I can start planning meals around whatever is in there

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2247 on: July 06, 2018, 02:43:16 PM »
@lentil, good luck!

Poked around the freezer a bit last night and pulled out 2 slices of Thanksgiving pumpkin pie, and a container of Budget Byte's Not Refried beans from earlier this year.  DH said it's good he's not on call this weekend.  ;)  I'm at the point where I can actually see part of the freezer basket bottom.

lentil

• Stubble
« Reply #2248 on: July 06, 2018, 10:39:13 PM »
Thanks MountainGal! Step 1 is complete. My freezer is not quite as horrendous as I thought, and actually heading towards eaten-down (just needs some work to get it ready for autumn additions). I made a list of the contents and stuck it on the fridge door, in hopes that I will remember to check it. Most of the things have an obvious purpose, but there are a few WTF items and antiques in there too.

For dinner today, I used up half a bag of cauliflower, half a bag of grated carrots, half a bag of brussels sprouts, and perhaps a few too many hot peppers...all things that have been hanging around in the freezer for six months or longer. With the addition of various other kitchen staples, plus a ton of spices, it became a pretty decent curry. It's a start, anyway!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #2249 on: July 07, 2018, 04:18:54 PM »
Defrosted what I thought what chicken curry (surprise - it was a chicken fiesta rice dish) from the freezer yesterday for lunch for myself + the husband. I ate more for lunch today, & have a smallish serving for tomorrow's lunch. It's always good to clear out the freezer!

Now I need to figure out to do with all of the tomatoes I froze before my trip.