Author Topic: Eat All The Food In Your House - Take 2  (Read 1183423 times)

jkitiara

• Stubble
    • My journal: The Most Expensive City in the US and How I Got Here
Re: Eat All The Food In Your House - Take 2
« Reply #2100 on: February 11, 2018, 10:37:38 PM »
@Dollar Slice Thanks! Do I just throw the half can of tomatoes in a blender and add to soup? I've never done a tomato puree before.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2101 on: February 11, 2018, 10:48:17 PM »
@Dollar Slice Thanks! Do I just throw the half can of tomatoes in a blender and add to soup? I've never done a tomato puree before.

Honestly, I've always just bought a can of puree in the first place, so I'm not sure. I think the puree is a little more cooked down than the diced/chopped ones. Maybe someone else here has more experience with tomato substitutions...

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2102 on: February 12, 2018, 10:18:52 AM »
We're in the process of eating down on refrigerator and freezer (delivery of a new one on Friday).

I moved some Italian sausage and rolls to the fridge for dinner tonight.  I'll start a batch of taco chicken bowls tomorrow morning to use up a bag of frozen corn and two frozen chicken breasts.  I'll make some sort of smoothie with milk and the frozen fruit.  We don't have a yogurt, but I could add chia seeds to thicken the mixture.

So far, I've only spent $1.99 on groceries for February.  I bought a baguette.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #2103 on: February 13, 2018, 02:23:06 AM »
We have two large bags on chocolate covered coffee beans (gifts). Any ideas? I've seen recipes where they are used as choc chips but coffee beans are so hard?? I'm thinking I grind them down then use as coffee powder in the cafetiere or cake type thing?

PoutineLover

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2104 on: February 13, 2018, 07:12:09 AM »
We have two large bags on chocolate covered coffee beans (gifts). Any ideas? I've seen recipes where they are used as choc chips but coffee beans are so hard?? I'm thinking I grind them down then use as coffee powder in the cafetiere or cake type thing?
Eat them. Yummmm. I'll eat them for you if you want.

superhappyfaced

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2105 on: February 15, 2018, 02:44:02 PM »

i bet you could grind some down and make mocha muffins (this recipe calls for chocolate chips and ground coffee - i think it would work!): http://www.isachandra.com/2008/10/mocha-chip-muffins/

jkitiara

• Stubble
    • My journal: The Most Expensive City in the US and How I Got Here
« Reply #2106 on: February 16, 2018, 09:08:08 PM »

Honestly, I've always just bought a can of puree in the first place, so I'm not sure. I think the puree is a little more cooked down than the diced/chopped ones. Maybe someone else here has more experience with tomato substitutions...

@Dollar Slice BTW I just threw the tomatoes in a food processor and it worked like a charm. The soup came out delicious! THanks for the tip.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #2107 on: February 16, 2018, 09:19:26 PM »
-I ate my son's leftovers as my breakfast this morning, avoiding waste
-Defrosted a container of chicken curry from the freezer. I had one for lunch, and will have the rest tomorrow
-Served the curry with edamame, which I've been trying to eat up (freezer)

CutTheFat

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2108 on: February 17, 2018, 06:24:37 AM »
Last night for dinner, I made Chipotle style salads!! We've done this before but last night it was not what I had planned.  I planned fried rice but forgot to make the rice the night before.  Since I was out all day and got home latter than planned I couldn't stick to the meal plan of fried rice.  So I used the 2 pork chops that I pulled from the freezer (originally for fried rice), a can of black beans that I doctored up with onions, garlic & spices, a pre-cooked pouch of brown rice (we don't even have a microwave so I warmed it on the stove top), jarred salsa, the end of a red onion that was in the fridge, a tomato, shredded cheese, an avocado, dregs of a bottle of hot sauce, dregs of a container of sour cleam, baby greens and the end of a bag of tortilla chips.  So delicious, cheap, used up the ends of lots of things, and just as good as a take out salad from Chipotle at a fraction of the cost. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 07:00:09 AM by CutTheFat »

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #2109 on: February 23, 2018, 11:43:18 AM »
-I'm down to just one of the long lingering breakfast sandwiches! I also have some frittatas in the freezer, but those need to be tackled another time
-I've eaten/cooked all of the edamame I had in the freezer
-We are using up a small jar of pesto. One of many that I need to clean up
-I'm finally starting to see more of the freezer when I open it, vs things flying at me. It's a nice change.

And, almost done with most of my (awful) clearance tea stash!

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2110 on: February 23, 2018, 12:17:12 PM »
-I'm down to just one of the long lingering breakfast sandwiches! I also have some frittatas in the freezer, but those need to be

High fives!!!!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #2111 on: February 23, 2018, 05:20:55 PM »
-I'm down to just one of the long lingering breakfast sandwiches! I also have some frittatas in the freezer, but those need to be

High fives!!!!

Can I do it? Can I finish the elusive bag of frozen breakfast sandwiches tomorrow? It's been a real challenge. :-)

lizi

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2112 on: February 23, 2018, 07:25:30 PM »
I made a meal the other night that polished off some tilapia from the freezer, the last of a packet of dumplings, the last of a packet of noodles and the last of a packet of edamame. Oh boy it felt good to throw all those packets out! I've also been going through my spice collection, which is partially duplicated because we happily accepted leftovers from a friend who moved overseas. Luckily I in turn have friends who will love my leftover spices (and everything else), but it's still nice to consolidate and minimize space.

I've had such a low grocery spend this month due to using up odds and ends for every meal, so there's an additional bonus. And it is so nice having freezer space finally.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #2113 on: February 24, 2018, 09:41:04 PM »
Spaghetti squash boats tonight with bolognese sauce, used up a jar of tomatoes and jar of tomato sauce.  Almost like lasagne.

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2114 on: February 26, 2018, 04:34:09 AM »
Opened the bottle of elderberry syrup we bought right before holidays.  It’s not elderberry syrup.  It’s maybe rose hip and echinacea?  Not sure.  It doesn’t translate directly to English.  It’s an odd cough syrupy flavor. So disappointing.  I know I recognized elderflowers on the label of a jar and then my partner confirmed it.  I think I must have put the jar back on the shelf... then decided to splurge... and grabbed it again, only grabbed the wrong kind. 

It goes from being a joy to savor to a chore to use it up! 

——

When we returned from holidays I made a soup with the root vegetables we’d left behind.  Two beets were beyond salvaging, but the rest was ok for soup.  I knew we had to use them before fresher, nicer food came into the house, so while my partner was out for groceries I started cooking.

It was really satisfying to turn the fridge and freezer completely off while gone, and to only toss a small amount of food.

——

I’m soaking some white beans right now to make a savory dip with.  I’ve been hungry for cheese dips, and may add some cheese to this, but I’m hoping it will be a bit healthier but still satisfy the junk food craving.

——

I love keeping a smaller stock pantry.  I eat so much better and waste so much less.  I used to think I saved money by stocking up.  Now I think I save money by eating everything I buy and not wasting. 

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #2115 on: February 26, 2018, 07:49:59 AM »
-Finished the last of frozen bread (pita & naan) this weekend, through pizzas & pita sandwiches
-Continue the freezer clean out & can see way more of what we have now
-Turned a bunch of overly ripe bananas that I'd tossed into the freezer into banana muffins. Those will go fast

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2116 on: February 26, 2018, 09:38:09 AM »
Does anyone have any Whole 30 snack ideas?

I have friends coming over this week, and one of them is in her second week of Whole 30.  I'm trying to be supportive, but it's hard. 

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2117 on: February 26, 2018, 01:26:34 PM »
Saturday I made 2 more servings of rice to use up some free Uncle Ben's.  DH had one serving Sat night, and another yesterday.

Yesterday I made banana bread out of 3 aging bananas.  This helped use some leftover holiday baking ingredients (flour and sugar) from Dec.

Last night I used up half a jar of carrot top pesto a neighbor gave us last year by stirring it into cooked spaghetti squash.  Only 1 more jar to go!

Used the rest of the fresh blueberries in pancakes.

Tonight will be leftover ribs from last week.

Tomorrow will be chicken tenders to use up some breast purchased several months ago.

Ate leftover cucumber for lunch, and will have the rest of the celery as a snack.

Next:  Focus on unsweetened cocoa.  I purchased another container for holiday baking not knowing how much I'd need.

Side question:  Does anyone else have a bottom drawer freezer?  If so, how do you keep it organized?  Our new-to-us-house as of last summer is my first time working with one, and the fact things pile on top of each other drives me crazy.  It's a two drawer and things get buried quickly, no matter how much I move things around.  (Generally) the top drawer has the ice bin and trays, frozen veggies and pre-made meals, fish and shrimp.  The bottom drawer contains pork and chicken on the left, and beef, leftover containers and my vodka on the right.   0:)

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2118 on: February 26, 2018, 02:17:02 PM »
Side question:  Does anyone else have a bottom drawer freezer?  If so, how do you keep it organized? 
We have one, and I have no useful tips.  Ours is a mess! I hate it.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2119 on: February 26, 2018, 02:50:06 PM »
Side question:  Does anyone else have a bottom drawer freezer?  If so, how do you keep it organized? 

I can't quite picture what it looks like, but with all drawers I do KonMarie techniques where possible. So stand things up vertically on the shortest side wherever possible. So instead of two boxes of food on top of each other you have two side by side. You have to label them on the side instead of the top tho!

CutTheFat

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2120 on: February 27, 2018, 07:18:50 AM »
I made some incredible veal meatballs last night with meat that was in my freezer, purchased close to sell by date and 50% off.  I've never bought  veal before!  I added ricotta cheese that was almost expired and a $0.44 box of whole wheat spaghetti and made a spinach and arugula salad with scallions, strawberries pecans and crumbled blue cheese and homemade vinegarette. Total cost for 3 people with enough left overs for anoher whole meal, aprox $12.00, $2 per person/meal for a great meal!

Tonight we are having lamb chops, asparagus and potatoes.  Tonight's meal cost is $7.29, that $2.43/person!  DH wanted to go out tonight but I said no thanks I'd rather eat like a queen at home and save about $100 for the same exact meal!  He never minds doing the dishes when he gets to eat like this and put more money to a sooner retirement!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #2121 on: February 27, 2018, 07:22:44 AM »

I can't quite picture what it looks like, but with all drawers I do KonMarie techniques where possible. So stand things up vertically on the shortest side wherever possible. So instead of two boxes of food on top of each other you have two side by side. You have to label them on the side instead of the top tho!

I group like items, so stacking isn't as much of an issue. For example, I use one side for frozen fruit. I try to have every item sitting up right, and anchored on the end with bigger items. The frozen fruit is interchangeable, so I use what's on top, and move down. On the other side of the freezer drawer (the two halves are separated by a divider), I stack like sized frozen meals. It's less ideal if you're looking for a specific meal, but I try to just choose the one on top & keep going. Net/net, I'd say if you have food that isn't meal specific & can be used interchangeably, that's what I recommend storing in an area like that. Use what's on top, and you don't have to worry.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2122 on: February 27, 2018, 10:18:47 AM »
Thank you for the freezer drawer feedback, everyone.  Fresh Bread, I use the standing on the side method for boxed and bagged veggies as well as pre-made meals and it works well.  I'll try it for proteins divided into freezer bags.  :)

CuttheFat, that salad sounds yummy!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:21:50 AM by MountainGal »

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2123 on: February 27, 2018, 10:50:48 AM »

As an avid Marie Kondo fan, I can't believe I didn't think of this.  Genius!  Thanks, @Fresh Bread

I will also try @MaybeBabyMustache 's method too.  I could easily put prepared stuff in the top, so it's easy to grab and see (and to limit our desire to order take-out).

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2124 on: March 02, 2018, 01:53:57 AM »
Well, we have been able to drink and eat all the milk in the house, including all the milk powder. Yesterday DH tried to make cheese sauce and had to improvise by using cream. It tasted fine and very creamy. I really need to buy a new pack of milk powder. It is perfect to have in case you need something for food. We also need it in case we go on a backpacking trip where we use milk powder for muesli.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2125 on: March 04, 2018, 01:49:18 AM »
Went through the pantry and freezer tonight, part stocktake, part tidy.

I made a big batch of pesto broccoli pasta with a kilo of frozen broccoli.

Planning to use up the dried chickpeas and split red lentils in a sweet potato soup, sunflower seeds and toasted coconut in cereal, and some of the marmalade (three jars, why?) in Nigella's marmalade pudding cake.

I’m soaking some white beans right now to make a savory dip with.  I’ve been hungry for cheese dips, and may add some cheese to this, but I’m hoping it will be a bit healthier but still satisfy the junk food craving.

My boss has a thing for Sydney's most expensive Greek restaurants so I've eaten some amazing white bean dip.

I have cannellini beans in the pantry so this has inspired me.

Side question:  Does anyone else have a bottom drawer freezer?  If so, how do you keep it organized?  Our new-to-us-house as of last summer is my first time working with one, and the fact things pile on top of each other drives me crazy.  It's a two drawer and things get buried quickly, no matter how much I move things around.  (Generally) the top drawer has the ice bin and trays, frozen veggies and pre-made meals, fish and shrimp.  The bottom drawer contains pork and chicken on the left, and beef, leftover containers and my vodka on the right.   0:)

The vodka gets top priority, obviously.

It depends on the type of meals (and how you feel about single-use plastics) but soups and stews work well in large ziplocks. You can freeze them flat then store them vertically, like a filing cabinet. They also defrost easily after being frozen into a thin layer.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2126 on: March 04, 2018, 05:46:06 AM »

It depends on the type of meals (and how you feel about single-use plastics) but soups and stews work well in large ziplocks. You can freeze them flat then store them vertically, like a filing cabinet. They also defrost easily after being frozen into a thin layer.

The don't have to be single use - just wash in soapy water and dry upside down over a bottle or wooden spoon (or the sink sprayer if you only wash one at a time). The thicker freezer ziplocks even come through the dishwasher just fine. They'll eventually develop holes, but you can at least get several uses.

savedough

• Stubble
« Reply #2127 on: March 04, 2018, 03:08:54 PM »
While an official countdown has not yet begun,  we are moving this summer so I have to empty the freezer and fridge (and do my best on the pantry).
Last night we had BBQ chili with cornbread and corn salad. I used up two containers of leftover grilled chicken, some frozen bacon, corn meal, and 6.5 ears of frozen corn.   

For breakfast we had egg whites, mushrooms, and frozen spinach.

I’ll have to up my game to empty the freezer and the deep freeze but it was a start. 

I’ve got a ton of pureed pumpkin.   What can I make other than muffins to send in lunchboxes?  (Must be dairy free).  I love sneaking extra veggies into their lunches.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2128 on: March 04, 2018, 03:12:45 PM »
Use some pumpkin purée in pasta sauce (the red kind).

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #2129 on: March 04, 2018, 08:23:08 PM »
We've eaten all of the freezer meals I'd previously stashed, and I defrosted the last of my homemade soup for lunch. I have maybe one serving left.

I do need to make granola bars or something for the kids, as we're pretty much out of everything "snacky" for lunch boxes.

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2130 on: March 04, 2018, 11:13:41 PM »

I’ve got a ton of pureed pumpkin.   What can I make other than muffins to send in lunchboxes?  (Must be dairy free).  I love sneaking extra veggies into their lunches.

Thai pumpkin soup w coconut milk

Pancakes/waffles (though that's essentially the same as muffins)

I make a unrecipe soup with pumpkin, carrots, split peas and broth puréed.

Add some to curry.

Edited to add:  add to oatmeal?  I usually cook my oats with water in the microwave, I reduce water and add pumpkin, cinnamon, etc. 

Could also do a pumpkin baked oatmeal, again similar to the muffins, but maybe heartier with the addition of oats.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 12:03:18 AM by PMG »

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2131 on: March 04, 2018, 11:56:36 PM »

You could make spinach and pumpkin cannelloni or vegetarian lasagne, or use as filling in homemade ravioli.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2132 on: March 05, 2018, 01:13:21 PM »
LOL @mustachepungoeshere !  Yes, indeed the vodka does.

I sort of arranged the freezer a bit over the weekend.  The top drawer doesn't usually look too bad with the frozen veggie and pre-made meals on their sides, it's the bottom drawer which is the problem.  I put packages of chicken legs and DH's lunch box ice packs on their sides, so that helped a bit.  Slowly eating down the stockpile is helping as well.  Speaking of:

This weekend:
~Used up 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa in a cookie recipe
~Made a homemade pizza which used up leftover spicy ground beef
~Used up a bag of frozen cauliflower and a few remaining TBS Dijon in a salad
~Garbage soup is currently in the Crock Pot:  From the freezer, a plastic container and baggie of leftover chicken.  From the fridge leftover broth, corn and baby carrots.  From the pantry, more broth and rice.  Added a bunch of spices, garlic, salt and pepper.
~Oh, and I pulled out a container of birthday cake I put in the freezer last month.  DH and I have been nibbling on it.  :D

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #2133 on: March 05, 2018, 07:45:54 PM »
Made a spaghetti squash casserole fritatta thing with the last of the ham and five eggs.  We have seven hens and getting about 3 dozen eggs a week right now.  Used up limp rainbow chard and some mozzarella too.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2134 on: March 09, 2018, 09:47:27 PM »
I received a deluge of condiments, seasoning, jams, chutneys, etc, over Christmas and I just realised it's now March and I've barely looked at them.

So I'm menu planning with the goal to use up these things.

Lunch today was maple-glazed sesame carrots with potato, bacon and caramelised onion crostini.

Having dinner with friends tonight and I was asked to bring dessert so I'm making Nigella's marmalade pudding cake.

The preserved habaneros, habanero jelly, jalapeno jelly and seven chilli sauces are next on the list. I'm thinking jerk chicken.

And I'm soaking chickpeas for soup tomorrow.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2135 on: March 10, 2018, 12:58:37 AM »
I received a deluge of condiments, seasoning, jams, chutneys, etc, over Christmas and I just realised it's now March and I've barely looked at them.

Lunch today was maple-glazed sesame carrots with potato, bacon and caramelised onion crostini.

Having dinner with friends tonight and I was asked to bring dessert so I'm making Nigella's marmalade pudding cake.

The preserved habaneros, habanero jelly, jalapeno jelly and seven chilli sauces are next on the list. I'm thinking jerk chicken.

Did you mention once that you like chillis, and now you get dozens of chilli condiments for presents? I haven't even heard of some of those things.

I made almond milk on Thurs and still have soggy almond meal remains in the fridge. Any ideas for (extremely simple) uses? I was going to make a creme fraiche cake that uses meal but it's too hard right now and requires shopping.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #2136 on: March 10, 2018, 09:34:46 AM »
I finally used up the coconut flour last night!

I'm going to try to use up split peas over the next couple weeks.  Soon it will be too warm for split pea soup.

Have three cabbages in the fridge, so planning a cabbage-based meal for tonight, and maybe a slaw to eat through next week.

Also have pounds of beets.  I think I'll prep these in vacuum bags so they can be cooked sous vide.  They last a few weeks thus prepped and make an effort-free weeknight side dish.

Plugging Along

• Stubble
« Reply #2137 on: March 10, 2018, 12:17:55 PM »
Joining in because my pantry and freezer are overflowing.

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2138 on: March 10, 2018, 02:29:44 PM »

I made almond milk on Thurs and still have soggy almond meal remains in the fridge. Any ideas for (extremely simple) uses? I was going to make a creme fraiche cake that uses meal but it's too hard right now and requires shopping.

Toss them in a smoothie? I make oat milk and save the oat-meal and then toss it into the blender with my morning smoothie.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2139 on: March 10, 2018, 03:23:39 PM »

Did you mention once that you like chillis, and now you get dozens of chilli condiments for presents? I haven't even heard of some of those things.

Nope, just well-meaning family and friends.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2140 on: March 10, 2018, 06:37:11 PM »

Toss them in a smoothie? I make oat milk and save the oat-meal and then toss it into the blender with my morning smoothie.

Oh yes, good one! I have mango in the freezer saved from when it was cheap in summer :)

savedough

• Stubble
« Reply #2141 on: March 11, 2018, 06:09:23 PM »
Week 1 of really buckling down and trying to empty the freezer and pantry.
Freezer Items -
Bag of stir fry veggies (Stir fry)
2 bags of turkey broth (Rice cooked in one and Asian noodles/millet cooked in the other)
Thai chili chicken meal
3 frozen bananas (smoothie)
2 bags of waffles
Chicken Enchilada filling (chicken enchiladas)
Green beans (with bacon)
Bacon pieces
Sesame Chicken meal
Purple cabbage (cooked the chicken on top of a bed of cabbagej

Pantry-
Olives
The last bit of 2 bottles of oil
Potatoes that had sprouted
Sweet potato
Cake mix
Asian noodles
Millet

I have two bags of frozen cranberries and a ton of frozen rhubarb.    I’m going to have to bake I guess.   Any good ideas to use those?   I have something like 12 cups of rhubarb and harvest is right around the corner...

« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 08:01:29 PM by savedough »

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2142 on: March 11, 2018, 09:11:29 PM »
My mango / almond meal smoothie this morning was delish and so so filling. I added oats, milk & honey.

plainjane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2143 on: March 12, 2018, 06:59:59 AM »
Finished the char sui sauce with a braised beef dish.

Finished the beet & ginger jam and opened the last container of rhubarb & fig marmalade.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2144 on: March 12, 2018, 09:15:06 AM »
What should I do with a package of crimini mushrooms?  I'm not a huge mushroom fan.  A friend gave me a bunch of produce (had to go on an unexpected trip), and I've devoured everything except the mushrooms.

aetherie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2145 on: March 12, 2018, 10:16:26 AM »
What should I do with a package of crimini mushrooms?  I'm not a huge mushroom fan.  A friend gave me a bunch of produce (had to go on an unexpected trip), and I've devoured everything except the mushrooms.

If you also have half a pound of beef, I recommend this recipe: https://www.budgetbytes.com/2014/02/one-pot-beef-mushroom-stroganoff/

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2146 on: March 12, 2018, 10:39:35 AM »

If you also have half a pound of beef, I recommend this recipe: https://www.budgetbytes.com/2014/02/one-pot-beef-mushroom-stroganoff/
We don't eat a lot of beef, but I've added this to my recipes to try list.  I have chicken breasts at home, but no other meat.

savedough

• Stubble
« Reply #2147 on: March 12, 2018, 11:25:21 AM »
We love mushrooms with eggs and sausage.   They are also really good in stuffing.   You could make stuffed chicken breasts.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #2148 on: March 12, 2018, 08:45:43 PM »

We don't eat a lot of beef, but I've added this to my recipes to try list.  I have chicken breasts at home, but no other meat.

A mushroom gravy over the chicken breasts would be nice.  Chop the mushrooms small if you don't like the texture but yeah, saute the heck out of them with plenty of butter, salt, pepper and thyme.  Mmmm.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2149 on: March 14, 2018, 11:52:09 AM »

MustacheP, this sounds divine!

FreshBread, glad your smoothie was good!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 11:58:28 AM by MountainGal »