Author Topic: Absolutely zero clothes shopping in 2018  (Read 71582 times)

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Absolutely zero clothes shopping in 2018
« Reply #300 on: April 14, 2018, 05:18:32 PM »
Trying to fill the holes in my wardrobe with some creative repurposing & sewing. I used to make my own clothes and enjoyed the creative aspect (not from patterns, just using pre-made things or renegade sewing skills)

Today I am slicing up a thrift store dress I dyed last year, shortening it and adding a new hem. Might see if I can make a tanktop as well.

For work, I am required to wear a set look/uniform so can be more creative in the rest of my wardrobe (since I never have to worry about wearing things in a professional environment). Just want to make sure things don't end up too hippy-esque, since that isn't my preferred outcome.
Hoping to lean more towards a minimalist, elegant wardrobe.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 06:24:46 PM by Serendip »

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #301 on: April 15, 2018, 07:10:33 AM »
Glad we already had the discussion about work gloves.  I tore a hole in mine last night moving cinder blocks.  I am going to duct tape the hole, but I may be going out to buy another pair soon!

Otherwise doing well.  No purchases, no shopping.

lizi

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #302 on: April 16, 2018, 07:45:38 PM »
Two minor victories in this challenge:
1. Patched crotch holes in two pairs of jeans myself. I used a denim iron on patch and I'll sew the edges on as well to really secure it.
2. I'm visiting DC this week, tagging along with DH who is at a conference. We had a work dinner tonight so I packed a dress, and stupidly forgot to pack tights. On the way to dinner I realized I would be a little cold, and typically I would have bought some tights. But this time I just persevered through the whole 2 minute walk from the car to the restaurant like a real badass. Crisis averted!

In sad news though, I will only make it 6 months into this challenge. DH and I are moving in August and there are two local clothing companies that make tshirts with the town name on them that I want to take with me as mementos. Plus where we're moving has a completely different climate, though I'm hoping I won't need too many weather specific items. I might try to reset in July and do a year from then if I do buy those local shirts.

katscratch

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #303 on: April 17, 2018, 07:30:33 AM »
I'm still trucking right along. New relationship shopping impulses have all been ignored, including accessories. :)

Sanne

• Stubble
« Reply #304 on: April 21, 2018, 05:29:14 AM »
Also still going strong.

I decided I will keep a list of mostly worn items I absolutely LOVE and reach for all the time. My goal is to have a wardrobe “full” of clothes like that, without the fluff or a minimal amount of fluff. Is fluff a word for this or am I making this up? Not sure, English is not my first language but it sounds kinda right? Must’ve picked it up somewhere. ;)

Not going to reach this by discarding the fluff and buying buying buying but to be more aware and slowly wearing out the fluff without replacing. Maybe next year replace/add more LOVE items.

Just braindumping again..

It’s finally getting warmer here so I can wear some different items. Last year I bought a pair of black flowy pants that are suitable for work, almost feel like sweatpants, not as thick as skinny jeans I usually wear and perfect for this in between weather when I don’t want my thick jeans but also don’t want bare legs. They are amazing. I wear them all the time with this in between weather we have a lot of. Also suitable for festivals, biking, lounging, travelling etc. And the fabric is amazing, no need to iron, quick drying. I would be bummed if something happens to them. Some of the seams are getting looser, will have to do something about that.

I also brought a favorite outdoor cardigan (needs a new zipper) and dress to the tailor.

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #305 on: April 23, 2018, 10:34:49 AM »
My sewing update: One major fail (a shirt that looked like I was wearing a pillowcase) and one success: a new summer skirt/or top. It's a large rectangular fabric with snap attachments so it can be worn it in different ways.

Sanne--I think fluff is a nicely descriptive word for the extra clothing we have but don't use/need.

It's Fashion Revolution week so a perfect time to consider who is making our clothes and how.
https://www.fashionrevolution.org

I am feeling like so much in my closet is nearing the end of its useful life but will likely be able to do the full year with no buying/no shopping. As I feel better in my body (spring sunshine!) I feel like clothing is less of a concern (as in, more of what I have looks better on me). That's the glow of spring I suppose.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 10:44:44 AM by Serendip »

ElizaStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #306 on: April 23, 2018, 03:55:45 PM »
Checking in, doing well so far. I think the one exception I may need to go get is bike shorts. My leggings work fine, but my butt hurts! I think buying just one pair will be fine if I'm riding 2-3 times a week.
To really make this work I need to gather up all of my holey clothes and have a big sewing session. I have 2-3 pants that need to be fixed, tons of socks, and other odds and ends that can all last longer.
The only piece of clothing that I think I am actually missing is a longer winter jacket. The one I have is fine, but I'd like one that goes down to my thighs for ultimate comfiness. My birthday is on Jan 1 so I can buy myself that I think as a way to end the challenge.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #307 on: April 23, 2018, 05:01:13 PM »
I am having serious difficulties now as my middle seems to be expanding but my smart jeans refuse to grow with it. I'm going to have to stop wearing jeans to events & things like doctors appointments and start wearing my dresses more! Luckily my scruffy jeans are a bit bigger so are still ok. I've cut right back on sugar so I'm hoping I might shrink a bit.

Sanne

• Stubble
« Reply #308 on: April 24, 2018, 07:41:35 AM »
Sanne--I think fluff is a nicely descriptive word for the extra clothing we have but don't use/need.

It's Fashion Revolution week so a perfect time to consider who is making our clothes and how.
https://www.fashionrevolution.org

Ah, thanks.. Suddenly I was doubting myself.. ;)

The fashion revolution movement is great!

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #309 on: April 29, 2018, 07:12:59 PM »
I am out.
I have been doing cold-water training in the lake, dipping every day since the start of April and somehow misplaced my swim bottoms last week...so I kept looking for them, hoping they would re-emerge (and swimming in my undies in the meantime).  But since I am in public, this couldn't go on forever :)

Today I bought a swimsuit and made sure to buy one that is actually designed & made locally, so I feel like it was a good purchase.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #310 on: April 30, 2018, 05:09:09 AM »
Sorry to see you go, Serendip, but well done.  And that sounds like it was a good and necessary purchase. 

Sanne

• Stubble
« Reply #311 on: April 30, 2018, 08:46:16 AM »
Sorry to see you go, Serendip, but well done.  And that sounds like it was a good and necessary purchase.

Agreed!

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #312 on: April 30, 2018, 11:18:13 AM »
Thanks @Trifele & @Sanne --I'll keep lurking and cheering you all on :)

wordnerd

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #313 on: April 30, 2018, 04:36:31 PM »
I'm out too. I bought some high-waisted underwear to avoid irritating my C-section incision. I'm still go to try to buy nothing else for the rest of the year, but realize I'll lose my gold star ;)

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #314 on: May 01, 2018, 01:39:33 AM »
I am out.
I have been doing cold-water training in the lake, dipping every day since the start of April and somehow misplaced my swim bottoms last week...so I kept looking for them, hoping they would re-emerge (and swimming in my undies in the meantime).  But since I am in public, this couldn't go on forever :)

Today I bought a swimsuit and made sure to buy one that is actually designed & made locally, so I feel like it was a good purchase.

Sounds to me like a good excuse for getting another swimsuit. You could join the "only nessesary clothes shopping" thread now.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #315 on: May 01, 2018, 04:38:24 AM »
Another month is in the books, nothing purchased.

My little capsule work wardrobe is definitely showing its age, but we will see if I can nurse it along til the end of the year!  Some strategies I am using:  Whenever I'm not actually in a meeting, I wear sneakers in the office to save wear on my 2 pair of dress shoes;  I always check my schedule before I get dressed in the morning.  If I have few or no important meetings, I wear my oldest clothes.  If I have an important meeting -- I 'dress up' a bit with my best capsule clothes.

I give my notice on January 7 of next year.  I would really love to make these clothes last to the end of my career!!

katscratch

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #316 on: May 02, 2018, 09:36:32 AM »
I'm still in with nothing to report, which is a good thing for me and my former consumer-y ways :)

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #317 on: May 02, 2018, 09:47:04 AM »
I am out.

Sounds to me like a good excuse for getting another swimsuit. You could join the "only nessesary clothes shopping" thread now.

Yes--will do @Linda_Norway :)  Hoping that swimsuit will be the only purchase but it is good accountability.

haypug16

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #318 on: May 03, 2018, 03:57:30 PM »
Made it through April :)

Sorry to see that some of you have moved on. Good luck to those still remaining. 8 months to go!

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #319 on: May 03, 2018, 07:49:35 PM »
Checking in to say I’m still here. No issues, no temptations.

Sanne

• Stubble
« Reply #320 on: May 04, 2018, 02:03:49 AM »
Congrats to everyone still in the game! I have to say it's nice not to buy anything, no need to browse.

I noticed that my bikini is too big because I lost weight. I bought it on sale 2 years ago and never even used it?? Will be selling or donating it. I have a older one that is still fine and fits, not worn out or anything. It's only missing the clasp but I even noticed I bought a new one for it (a few years ago but I was too lazy apparently;)) so I can sew it on and it's good to go. I will be going to warmer places this year so I will need one. Perfect!

Anyone else buying more other stuff because of this? For me it's not entirely clear if it has to do with the no clothing buying thing but I do notice that I bought more other stuff, like notebooks and craft stuff. Not a lot (two notebooks, some pens, some glue thing, recipe organizer) but I'm usually not really into buying more of this. Could be because I want to be more organized with goals/thoughts and not be related at all but maybe it is..

AmandaPanda

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #321 on: May 06, 2018, 07:35:52 AM »
Went shopping all afternoon with my mom because she needed new sneakers. I have also been wanting some. Tried on several pair and then walked away without buying anything for myself. So I am holding strong for over 4 months! This is the longest I’ve ever gone without buying clothes or shoes for myself.

Bee21

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #322 on: May 08, 2018, 03:37:29 AM »
Well, we lasted this long. But it's happy news, I finally found some pants which fit my weird shaped husband perfectly and I bought 2!!!! Pairs. No regrets. That should last him another 10 years 😊.  His only pair of casual pants was on its way out and he needed some decent clothes for a work event. He also found a replacement for his broken sandals (this is also a miracle), so he is set.

Se keep up the good work people we are off.

Sanne

• Stubble
« Reply #323 on: May 10, 2018, 12:50:49 AM »
Well, we lasted this long. But it's happy news, I finally found some pants which fit my weird shaped husband perfectly and I bought 2!!!! Pairs. No regrets. That should last him another 10 years 😊.  His only pair of casual pants was on its way out and he needed some decent clothes for a work event. He also found a replacement for his broken sandals (this is also a miracle), so he is set.

Se keep up the good work people we are off.

Are you still in for yourself or not? For me personally, I don’t count shopping for my boyfriend. He doesn’t have the same issue with buying clothes I do, only has the essentials. I bought him a shirt and a pair of jeans this year because he really needed it and I am better at finding good deals online. And no fun shopping, just straight to the goal.

Just_Looking_Here

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #324 on: May 10, 2018, 03:22:33 PM »
I'm doing something similar to Trifele. I'm wearing up the things that are getting loose or don't suit round the house / in the garden and saving the nicer things for public viewing.

This way I'll wear out the clothes that I don't feel comfortable selling or donating and extend the life of things I'll want to wear in the years ahead.

Bee21

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #325 on: May 11, 2018, 05:21:08 PM »
As I am the shopper for everybody, this was supposed to be a joint challenge. So I failed. But boy, he is so happy with those pants. Never had a pair which looks so good on him. He has a weird shape and is very hard to find anything  which fits, so no regrets.  for him and my eldest we are in the world of hurt in the clothes and shoes department. I don't even look at the pricetag, if anything fits them i just buy multiples and count my blessings.

We are going overseas (again) and I will need a pair of new shoes, swimwear and some nightwear (hubby is complaining that they look awful) so I will need a few things. I am holding off buying anything else until I lose weight. I almost had to buy a whole wardrobe the next size up but a week of fasting fixed that, that was a close call.

This challenge is awsome, there was a year when we spent around 3k on clothes, so this is def an improvement for us.

Sanne

• Stubble
« Reply #326 on: May 14, 2018, 02:14:52 AM »
This challenge is awsome, there was a year when we spent around 3k on clothes, so this is def an improvement for us.

I think you did great, I think the main reason was limiting shopping/adding and awareness right? Certainly an improvement from 3k! Even if you go from here buying things, if you do it mindfully.

My black nicer pair of skinny 'jeans' came out of the washing machine with all sorts of weird stripes, stains and folds for some reason. That happened earlier as well and I don't know why, something about the fabric. Will have to see if I can fix it up a little and can still wear it to work.. Spring/summer I don't really need it, but autumn/winter that's my go to pair.. Otherwise I will have to improvise and wear other stuff more. Not that easy but still do-able. I also have a pair of faded black 'jeans' that could work, not as nice but the faded style is 'in' anyway right... 

Just_Looking_Here

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #327 on: May 14, 2018, 01:14:52 PM »
Another thing I'm doing is writing a wishlist for 2019 so that I can see what is wearing out and budget accordingly.

So far it's limited to........ Socks! Last of the big spenders?

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #328 on: May 14, 2018, 02:30:58 PM »

I think you did great, I think the main reason was limiting shopping/adding and awareness right? Certainly an improvement from 3k! Even if you go from here buying things, if you do it mindfully.

My black nicer pair of skinny 'jeans' came out of the washing machine with all sorts of weird stripes, stains and folds for some reason. That happened earlier as well and I don't know why, something about the fabric. Will have to see if I can fix it up a little and can still wear it to work.. Spring/summer I don't really need it, but autumn/winter that's my go to pair.. Otherwise I will have to improvise and wear other stuff more. Not that easy but still do-able. I also have a pair of faded black 'jeans' that could work, not as nice but the faded style is 'in' anyway right...

Don't know what your current method is but turning them inside out for the wash and using liquid and minimal detergent might help with marks.

Sanne

• Stubble
« Reply #329 on: May 15, 2018, 01:21:19 AM »

Don't know what your current method is but turning them inside out for the wash and using liquid and minimal detergent might help with marks.

Unfortunately I'm already doing this. I thought maybe I didn't turn it inside out the last time and the marks and stuff were there then too, so I turned it inside out this time for sure but no difference unfortunately. I'm not a great washer though but usually things turn out fine. Minimal detergent, line drying. It may just have to be the fabric. I specifically bought a 'stay black' fabric but it wasn't worth the money..

Thanks for the tips though! If anyone has any other tips, I'd love to hear.

haypug16

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #330 on: May 15, 2018, 09:44:20 AM »
Almost didn't make it. It was so close. I went on a business trip to Denmark last week and the place I was staying had a really nice pool and I forgot to pack my bathing suit. I was so tempted to go out and buy one but the thought of posting on here that I was out kept me in check (just barely) plus I headed up not having a chance to hit the pool anyway so it would have been a waste of money.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 01:21:06 PM by haypug16 »

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #331 on: May 16, 2018, 04:49:02 AM »
Always didn't make it. It was so close. I went on a business trip to Denmark last week and the place I was staying had a really nice pool and I forgot to pack my bathing suit. I was so tempted to go out and buy one but the thought of posting on here that I was out kept me in check (just barely) plus I headed up not having a chance to hit the pool anyway so it would have been a waste of money.

Congrats Haypug!  Nice exercise of willpower. You're right that dropping out of the thread for buying something you didn't need anyway would have been bitter. 

So cool that you got to go to Denmark!  Hope you had some time on the trip to sightsee.

haypug16

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #332 on: May 16, 2018, 01:22:07 PM »
Thanks Trifele, Yes I had a couple extra days of sight seeing and the weather was unusually nice for Denmark, high 60s and sunny.

shinn497

• Bristles
« Reply #333 on: May 21, 2018, 10:04:16 PM »
I have like not bought new clothes in years! Yay being an software developer

Sanne

• Stubble
« Reply #334 on: May 22, 2018, 01:52:15 AM »
I have like not bought new clothes in years! Yay being an software developer

I have a lot to learn ;)

Plina

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #335 on: May 27, 2018, 09:26:02 AM »

Unfortunately I'm already doing this. I thought maybe I didn't turn it inside out the last time and the marks and stuff were there then too, so I turned it inside out this time for sure but no difference unfortunately. I'm not a great washer though but usually things turn out fine. Minimal detergent, line drying. It may just have to be the fabric. I specifically bought a 'stay black' fabric but it wasn't worth the money..

Thanks for the tips though! If anyone has any other tips, I'd love to hear.

If it had some kind of feature ”stay black” you could always try to take it back to the store. When we were kids my mother used some kind of color that you put in to the washing machine to color jeans again. Maybe that is an option.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #336 on: May 27, 2018, 04:27:07 PM »
I should have said earlier that the best thing for black jeans is to just not wash them very often. They are almost as bad as white jeans for keeping 'nice'.

haypug16

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #337 on: June 05, 2018, 01:34:59 PM »
Made it through May. I have even been getting rid of clothes this year! Though now I'm thinking 2019 will be the year I build myself a nice capsule wardrobe (or even a "uniform") so I don't have to think about what I'm wearing for work anymore.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #338 on: June 05, 2018, 04:24:40 PM »
Still here, made it through May fine.  Nothing purchased.  :)

Sanne

• Stubble
« Reply #339 on: June 10, 2018, 03:36:24 AM »
I should have said earlier that the best thing for black jeans is to just not wash them very often. They are almost as bad as white jeans for keeping 'nice'.

Yes, I agree. I don't wash it very often.

The strange thing is that the black is still black. It just has weird stripes on it. Our washing machine broke 2 weeks ago and I didn't know yet at the time it would. So maybe that was the problem? I don't know. I don't have the receipt anyway and bought it 9/10 months ago so don't feel good about going back.

Still haven't bought anything! Going strong. Even brought some things to the second hand shop. And been on holiday and didn't buy anything.

AmandaPanda

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #340 on: June 21, 2018, 08:46:42 AM »
My mom asked yesterday if I was still not buying clothes.  Then she said "what exactly are you trying to prove?"  She is a consumerist at heart, so her response was "what does NEED have to do with anything?"

With summer in full swing here, I kind of forgot about buying clothes recently, which is a nice change.  I did think this morning of two items I'll want to purchase for next summer, but they are reasonable. 

Also, a coworker asked me how many pairs of shoes I had for summer.  She was asking out of curiosity, and I told her 8.  Later I was thinking and realized it was 12.  Specifically for summer.  Very embarrassing to realize that I have that many shoes just for work just for summer.  And none are in danger of wearing out any time soon.

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #341 on: June 21, 2018, 10:28:40 PM »
Great job, Amanda! It really does get easier. I’m in the same boat for shoes... Well, everything really. Just way, way too much.

My sister visited recently and wanted to go shopping. Being a good host, I agreed. It’s just not something I do anymore, so I feel a bit like an alien observing what’s out there. I saw some nice things, appreciated them, and moved on.

Nearly halfway through the year and so far no temptations.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #342 on: June 22, 2018, 03:02:13 AM »
My mom asked yesterday if I was still not buying clothes.  Then she said "what exactly are you trying to prove?"  She is a consumerist at heart, so her response was "what does NEED have to do with anything?"

Suck...<Puts palm against forehead>.

Also, a coworker asked me how many pairs of shoes I had for summer.  She was asking out of curiosity, and I told her 8.  Later I was thinking and realized it was 12.  Specifically for summer.  Very embarrassing to realize that I have that many shoes just for work just for summer.  And none are in danger of wearing out any time soon.

Then at least, you won't have to buy new shoes for the next 10 or so years.
I also have many pairs of shoes. We have been commented on by family members. But mostly they are different types of shoes for different purposes: pretty, comfy, running, cycling, hiking, mud, skiing, etc. But both DH and I have (in the past had) a tendency to buy a pair of shoes when it is on sale with the thought that this could be our next pair for that purpose. So we actually have in some cases more than 1 pair for the same purpose.

My strategy is just to not go shopping. Then it is less tempting to buy anything new.

Sanne

• Stubble
« Reply #343 on: June 29, 2018, 10:32:52 AM »

Suck...<Puts palm against forehead>.

Haha, this reply is why I don't tell a lot of people that I'm doing the no shopping clothes thing. Few people around me get it.

YOU DESERVE something new!!! You work hard for it! It's nice to have new things! How boring! What's the point!

Funny thing when I don't tell people, they don't notice and sometimes think things are new but aren't (and they've seen it  multiple times).

Reminds me of a shopping trip with friends a few years ago and one of these friends was complaining all the time about her lack of money. She tried on a basic shirt and a glitter sweater. The sweater was clearly something you would wear once (maybe twice) to a party. She said she didn't have money to buy both but that she really wanted to buy at least one. She asked me and another friend for advice. My other friend said she liked the glittery sweater and that she had to buy that one. I asked what she needed the most (at first I said something about her lack of money but that didn't go well) and they both looked at me as if I was going crazy and they both said that was a lame/boring question. My friend then said she desperately needed a basic shirt because she didn't have one anymore and she couldn't wear a lot of her clothes without it. But then kept on debating what she should buy. She got a bit pissed when I said I didn't understand why she was even debating it and she didn't buy anything as I can recall because she couldn't make up her mind. Well, mission accomplished I guess.. ;)

I went to a (small) festival and people were dressed so nice I would've definitely gone shopping after if not for this challenge. I made some new combinations instead and looked at pinterest for inspiration.  Instead of shopping I even cleared out my closet even more than I already had previously. So easy to see what I just don't wear enough.

'Kudoos' for everyone still going strong!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 10:36:53 AM by Sanne »

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #344 on: June 29, 2018, 07:48:42 PM »
To my list of things I will buy I have added a medium thickness jumper that can be worn with my t-shirts (most have a high neck line). Possibly a smart looking sweatshirt? My current two round necked jumpers have a wider neck line so I cover up the weird look with a scarf but it doesn't really work. I have one v neck but it is hot pink and goes with not much ;)

On my list:
Shorts
Jumper
White singlet
Bras.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #345 on: June 30, 2018, 08:24:16 AM »
Mid-year check in -- Still here, nothing bought.  I feel like I'm in a good place -- no great desires for anything.  I am probably looking ratty at times but don't care.  I can't even think of any clothes I'll need to buy next year.  It's all very peaceful and zen.  :)

Not sure how many of us are left, but hope everyone is doing well!  Hang in there. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:31:29 AM by Trifele »

haypug16

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #346 on: July 02, 2018, 06:29:15 AM »
Made it through the first half of the year and still going strong.

As far as purchases for next year It's pretty basic;
Knee highs
Socks
Underwear
1 pair of work pants

That should do it. :)

lizi

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #347 on: July 02, 2018, 10:33:21 AM »
Halfway through! I just got back from an overseas trip and on the way home I was dreaming of the perfect hot weather travel outfit: a knee length linen dress with capped sleeves, pockets and a collar. I started looking for something and found a dress that ticks all those boxes...and then I was like "Oh yeah - no clothes shopping! Will have to wait for 2019". It was a bit of a relief to not have to commit to the purchase to try the dress out. I'd love to learn to make my own as a dress like that seems hard to find.

ElizaStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #348 on: July 02, 2018, 10:39:52 AM »
Still in for the second half of the year. On my list for next year is still just bike shorts and a thigh/knee length winter coat. It's great having a boss who doesn't really care what I wear and wouldn't notice if I wore the same shirt 5 days in a row (unless it was dirty of smelled bad).

Sanne

• Stubble
« Reply #349 on: July 12, 2018, 02:27:47 AM »
Yesterday was the first time I really nearly bought something or was definitely tempted. Went to a bigger thrift store to look for some pots for plants and found myself looking through the clothing section. There were some nice things there, some even 50% discount.. I don't know why I started browsing.

No more going to thrift stores for me, unless it's with my boyfriend so I don't do the aimless browsing thing...