Author Topic: 30-day purchase wait for 2019  (Read 2544 times)

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • Horses: for sanity & poverty!
Re: 30-day purchase wait for 2019
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2019, 11:02:56 PM »
I'm also trying to find an end table/night stand for said guest bedroom.  <$20 is currently admissible - if I don't find anything by end of the month, I can bump the budget up (stalking thrift and Craigslist).

I love how things work out sometimes.  I bought a larger buffet cabinet off Craigslist to refinish, so I'm rearranging a bit, and will move my aloe plant to the top of the new buffet from it's current home on a plant stand.  Realized I could easily add a top to the plant stand to make it into a little end table, probably even with materials I have on hand. It will actually be the perfect size and style for the guest room. So scratching something off the list in less than a day!

zygote

• Stubble
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2019, 10:55:15 PM »
First win of 2019! I found myself eyeing a facial mist at Trader Joe's because it was only $3.99 and my skin has been really dehydrated lately. But then I remembered this thread and the two other almost full bottles of other facial mist I already have....so I put it back. If it's still available when I run out of my current bottles maybe I'll give it a try then. That will definitely be > 30 days from now. The one I have been using most regularly is more expensive, so this would be better in the long run if it works well. The ingredients were pretty good.

I ran out of my evening facial mist AND itís been more than 30 days so I bought the one from Trader Joeís. Itís way cheaper than the other replacement I would have bought, so if it works this will be a long term plus.

EDIT 2/8: Turns out the facial mist stings the area around my eyes. Oh well, it was worth a shot. So now I do need to replace the more expensive one that I know works well for me.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 09:10:16 AM by zygote »

Fresh Bread

• Handlebar Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2019, 08:53:24 PM »
8/2 Cacti. I want big cacti out the front of my house.

mspym

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2019, 04:35:25 PM »
8/2 Khaki backpack from this place https://www.tete-bag.jp/ assuming I could even work out how to buy it

mountain mustache

• Bristles
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2019, 10:06:14 PM »
it's amazing that if you just wait long enough, you forget about things you wanted to buy! I wanted new winter boots a month ago, I guess I still do but I kind of forgot about it....I've just been dealing with my old crappy ones because my money has had other uses (nothing exciting, just bills)

8/8- I want new tank tops. I wear a thin (no shelf bra) tank almost every day under a base layer long sleeve, and in the summer under hoodies, and mine are falling apart. Unfortunately (but actually fortunately) I have decided that I am no longer purchasing any clothing that is not made fair trade with good working conditions. This has not always been a conviction of mine, but after doing a lot of research I realize that I can't be insistent on other things I buy being cruelty free while enabling suffering of people who are making the cheap clothing I want to buy. I don't expect this to be everyone's conviction...but I feel really strongly about it. Honestly it has just made me realize I will probably just not buy much new clothing, and even when I'm buying used I will be a lot more choosy. But anyway, all of that rambling aside...I want some Patagonia tank tops. But they are $$$. So, I'm spending some time searching on Ebay and waiting for the right items to be for sale for less than $20 a piece.