Author Topic: 120 Day Fitness Challenge What you want to do be Accountable here!  (Read 12576 times)

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
This is an Extension of the 10k Steps Challenge a day and there simply are no rules. Simply a place to be accountable to keep yourself moving and get some support along the way. While it begins May 1st you can start now to get in the habit of logging your goals and what you want to do and if you have a Fitbit or other trackers I encourage posting that as well. If its after May 1st and you want to join along your welcome to Join as well.

My goals are simple I want to get an average a minimum of 15k Steps a day. Lose 7lbs by September 1st (be 197) and lift at least 4x's a week. I am in the need of a double knee replacement so I work a lot around what hurts each day an have been so if you have issues work around and do what you can.
So if your a swimmer, runner, walker, biker, lifter , some or more of the above or just want to lose weight and so on put your goals down and get busy. I'll Start:

4/24- 23,337 Steps From 90 minutes on the Elliptical and lifting at the Y in which I did a 4 Exercise free weight circuit as I am just getting back into lifting of 1 chest, 1 Bicep, 1 Tricep and 1 shoulder exercise of 12-15 reps 3x's for each body part. When I got home I  then started to apply the 12 yards of Mulch I need to get down which added to my total steps.   Morning weight 204.4

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
Re: 120 Day Fitness Challenge What you want to do be Accountable here!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 03:30:08 AM »
4/25- 27,782 Steps. My workout was putting down 12 yards of mulch. Off to the Y today to get some cardio work in and some free weights
weight 204.4

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 04:53:42 AM »
4/26- 205.8 ouch
19,692 Steps

Yesterday I did an 110 Mins on the Elliptical for Cardio and 4 Exercises  3 sets x15 of free weights.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 03:43:39 AM »
4/27- 12,071 90 min walk then weather turned to crap. Back to the Y

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 03:45:20 AM »
4/28-18,595 2 hour walk back to the Y today. Was going to go but got last minute free tickets to See Bucks Celtics game.

Blindsquirrel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 05:59:55 AM »
    I am in. Way too fat. Diet and exercise will solve that. Current weight 220. 

Mongoose

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 01:40:59 PM »
I'm in...started today instead of May 1. My goals are to ease back into running after time off from injury and a series of respiratory illnesses. I signed up for a run group that start the first of June and end with a half marathon in October. September 1 will put me in the middle of prime long-run season. I'm going to leave that as my only goal...don't want to get too complicated. Starting today to get a bit of a head start before group runs begin.

Day 1: Run walk intervals for 30 minutes. Feels good to get moving again but it was hard (as expected).

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 04:10:31 AM »
Welcome aboard @Mongoose and @Blindsquirrel !

4/29- Weight 202.4 lost alot of water weight that was sticking with me
         Workout / Steps 14,745. My goal was to lift yesterday but I did an Hour on the Elliptical and half hour of HITT Spin Class. I over did the spin class and was really really light headed afterwards so needed to back it down.  See what today brings.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2019, 03:52:18 AM »
Happy May!

4/29
203lbs
I did 80 minutes on the Elliptical and 20 minutes of weights. Next week is really going to be iffy as I am starting a cash job of doing 35 yards of mulch so I should get lots of steps but will see about working out part as thats a work out at my age as it is. But the weather here sucks so might not be able to do to much either and I do travel this weekend for Soccer.

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2019, 11:18:01 AM »
It's May, so here I am. :)

My set of goals:

1. Average 13,353 steps per day. (Why this weird number? I calculated that to walk 2000 miles this year, I needed to walk 13,353 steps a day, which was a bit more than I had been averaging last year... so this is a nice gentle stretch goal.)
2. Do some sort of non-walking exercise 3 times a week for at least 20 minutes (hikes are included here).
3. Make some of that non-walking exercise gentle stretching so I can get back to being able to touch my toes without triggering whatever plantar fasciitis-y thing is going on with my foot.

STEMorbust

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2019, 11:48:43 AM »
I'll join! Weighed in at 189.2 this AM. Planning to hit 180 for EOM and 175 by end of June. Mostly trying to improve at cycling and get to 15% bf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2019, 04:04:51 AM »
Welcome @STEMorbust ! Good to hear from you @diapasoun

5/21- Well I muclched for 5 hours and got a nasty blister on my right foot.

Steps 28,672
Weight 203.6

Depending on weather I will Mulch or head to Y and workout and lift.

Blindsquirrel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2019, 04:45:30 AM »
  216, quit eating garbage but swilled a few calories

STEMorbust

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2019, 09:00:22 AM »

Steps 28,672
Weight 203.6

Nice work on the step count. That must create a significant caloric deficit!

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2019, 09:42:52 AM »
Blisters enrage me. I become a smol ball of anger and whining. I hope you are more steadfast, soccerluvof4.

19k steps yesterday because I did some elliptical time, plus walking the neighbor's dog in the morning and walking to a taqueria for a delicious super quesadilla dinner.

Lifted weights this morning -- leg day! My very favorite. \o/ I seem to be progressing on everything except squats right now.

A Q: For those who also lift weights... what's your favorite method for tracking your workouts? I find my phone + spreadsheet etc to be annoying to use, but I also don't reeeeally wanna be carrying a little notebook to the gym. (I should probably just carry a little notebook to the gym.)

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2019, 02:58:53 AM »
Blisters enrage me. I become a smol ball of anger and whining. I hope you are more steadfast, soccerluvof4.

19k steps yesterday because I did some elliptical time, plus walking the neighbor's dog in the morning and walking to a taqueria for a delicious super quesadilla dinner.

Lifted weights this morning -- leg day! My very favorite. \o/ I seem to be progressing on everything except squats right now.

A Q: For those who also lift weights... what's your favorite method for tracking your workouts? I find my phone + spreadsheet etc to be annoying to use, but I also don't reeeeally wanna be carrying a little notebook to the gym. (I should probably just carry a little notebook to the gym.)

Steps 28,672
Weight 203.6

Nice work on the step count. That must create a significant caloric deficit!

You know when you start something and right away you regret it?!?!? that be me right about now! lol . The blister on my right heel is about the size of a silver dollar. Yesterday I switched back to shoes I am used to and put vasoline over it and a big square bandaid and really didnt feel to bad. Now my body thats another story. Sore as all hell but the cash will be nice is all I keep telling myself.

Anyhow I did another 5 hours of mulching yesterday pretty much in a steady moderate rain and ended up with-
23,245 steps of which 90% plus is from that. To @STEMorbust point the calorie deficit one would think two days in a row I'd lose an ounce at least but surer than shit I was 203.6 again this morning. Ughh.

Well I leave for Minnesota tonight so do i do another day of mulch (customer doesnt care how long it takes me) or take a day off and get a good workout in at the gym! that is the million dollar question. Kinda want to get this mulch job done and behind me but why rush it. I do have some other jobs I can take anytime this month but I really love being lazy too!

Got my new laptop up and running and will take with me so I will check in with my numbers over the weekend and see what i decided to do. Hopefully they have a gym at hotel so I can get some lifting in.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2019, 02:36:57 AM »
5/3- Sitting in a cabin half way to Minnesota for a Soccer weekend with my numbers. Again I ended up working on the mulch so these numbers are 90% from that but still steps and hard work. 22,970. Not sure what today will bring as we have to finish the drive and not sure when we will get to the hotel.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2019, 06:12:57 AM »
5/4 17,601 steps. No weight as I’m sitting in hotel lobby. But got 2 hour walk in. Today probably a off day I gotta rest back it’s still aching pretty good.

DoNorth

• Stubble
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2019, 07:10:06 AM »
Height 5'11; down from 209 in early March to 197.4 this morning.  I turned 40 this year and would like to get back to my college weight around 180 and 12-13% BF.  We sold both our vehicles before moving to Europe a year ago and bought a diesel van once we arrived here.  My bike ride to work is 4.6 km each way and I do shift work so I can walk, run, and lift much of the day at work. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 07:16:32 AM by DoNorth »

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2019, 02:53:03 AM »
Welcome @DoNorth ! Good Luck in your goals!

5/5 was a down day for me because of travel and my back is still killing me. 5550 steps. Today I am going to give it a few others and either work on the mulch for my workout or try and get to the gym. The more I sit the worse it is but I shouldnt really push it either.

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2019, 12:59:29 PM »
May 3 - 13k steps
May 4 - 11k steps
May 5 - 16k steps

Today is planned to be a gym day with some nice relaxing time on the elliptical with a podcast. I may test out bringing a small notebook with me for recording stuff.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2019, 03:07:17 AM »
5/6 I did pretty much nothing I had to try and rest my back for a day and see if it would make a difference. It did help some but I have to get back to my mulch job today no matter what.

Weight 204.6
Steps 522

Weekly report still not bad for 2 basically missed days.

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2019, 10:15:24 AM »
16k steps yesterday with a very pleasant go on the elliptical.

I tried to go to the gym this morning for upper body day, got 5 sets in, and just quit -- I was way too tired and was lifting at like 75% of my usual (non-max!) lifting, yawning the whole while. Came home and had some tea and breakfast instead, and I'll either go again later (ugh the gym when it's busy) or do some yoga at home (may be more likely, I'm still yawning on my second pot of tea).

This is the first time in a really long time that I've wished I still had the old (more expensive) gym membership at a quieter gym -- I go to my local uni gym, where I get a Sweet Alumni Discount, but it's super busy and absolutely jam-packed full of students in the afternoons.

PowerStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2019, 02:40:22 PM »
I need some accountability so I am in (a little late).
I want 12,500 + steps per day and to lose some weight.  29.7 BMI right now, would like to get to 28.5 in this challenge.
Steps log
5/1-13,307
5/2 - 9,042
5/3 - 18,350
5/4 - 17,931
5/5 - 9,502
5/6 - 15,068

Two of 6 below goal - will fix that this week.  Thanks for starting this thread!

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2019, 03:09:18 AM »
Welcome @PowderStache its never to late!!

5/7- 24,742 steps. Again mostly from Mulching. My back held up but stiff and hurts this morning so see what i do.
Weight 206.4 kinda expected a bit Salty dinner.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2019, 04:02:52 AM »
5/8- 17,983 steps.

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2019, 10:01:35 AM »
5/7 -- 16k steps
5/8 -- 17k steps, including time spent on the elliptical

Still too dang tired for morning weightlifting. :( I've been crashing pretty hard at night. Not sure what's up, as I don't have any sort of cold symptoms and don't seem to be fending anything off, but it may just be an inexplicably tired week. I've been waking up about a half hour later than usual and spending time reading instead of weightlifting in the morning.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2019, 03:13:07 AM »
5/7 -- 16k steps
5/8 -- 17k steps, including time spent on the elliptical

Still too dang tired for morning weightlifting. :( I've been crashing pretty hard at night. Not sure what's up, as I don't have any sort of cold symptoms and don't seem to be fending anything off, but it may just be an inexplicably tired week. I've been waking up about a half hour later than usual and spending time reading instead of weightlifting in the morning.

Could just be nothing. Gray clouds by where you live? we all go through times like that but try to push through when you can. For me if I had days where I could sleep in a bit I'd relish it! Body could just be tired.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2019, 03:17:18 AM »
5/9- Simply put more mulching but my son helped so only 13,680 steps. Thing is it just makes me to tired and takes to much of my day to do anything else and of course thought I was done yesterday be she wanted me now to do a another area so I am going back today to get it done. More cash on the bright side and I have my son to at least do the heavy lifting.
Weight 204.8. Creeping the wrong way but Mulching and working out are not the same thing. Plus I havent been eating as clean and its gonna be at least another 4 weeks of this so I have to 1 find more energy and do something at the gym or 2) which would be probably even better clean up my eating.

DoNorth

• Stubble
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2019, 07:55:01 AM »
5/7-15,490
5/8-21654
5/9-14638

should easily clear 20,000 today.
no weight change this week, on vacation and was enjoying myself

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2019, 12:17:36 PM »
5/7-15,490
5/8-21654
5/9-14638

should easily clear 20,000 today.
no weight change this week, on vacation and was enjoying myself

Got to enjoy that Vacation time otherwise it wouldn't be a vacation!!

PowerStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2019, 05:30:06 PM »
5/7 - 19,246
5/8 - 13,169
5/9 - 15,959

Staying above my step/exercise goal.  BMI the same.  Will try to track food this weekend and see if it makes a difference.

Happy Mother's Day to the moms and those who take care of others like a mom.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2019, 02:18:07 AM »
Nice Job @FIREstache

5/10  18,406

Work to be had but wont be this weekend I am out of town. I need to find time to workout with my knew gig I am doing.

FIREstache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2019, 06:52:54 AM »
Nice Job @FIREstache

Thanks.  But, I think you meant to say that to someone else.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2019, 03:11:25 AM »
Yea it was powerstache! lol

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2019, 03:14:39 AM »
5/11-8,742
5/12-10,933

No excuse but It poured the entire time I was in Indy this weekend and my hotel didnt have a place to workout. Back in the saddle today BUT i have a cash job I have to at least start so not sure if my Steps will be from landscaping/getting to the Y or combination of both.

PowerStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2019, 11:08:14 AM »
5/10  - 15,469 steps
5/11 - 16,261 steps
5/12 - 4, 964 steps

So I took Mother's Day off and don't regret it one bit!  It was a great day.

My food tracking showed me that I need to keep tracking. lol.  Eating well is the biggest piece of this healthy thing.

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2019, 01:22:48 PM »
5/9: 16k steps
5/10: 15k steps
5/11: 8k steps
5/12: 12k steps

My lazy weekend felt excellent. :) Planning to be back at the gym tonight.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2019, 02:48:35 AM »
5.13- 23,682 Steps
203.8 Weight

This cash job I am doing for side $ sucks! Just dont have any energy left to go to Gym after words but I am getting my workout in thats for sure.

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2019, 10:39:57 AM »
5/13 - 18k steps, courtesy of two walks and some time on the elliptical

Too tired again this morning for weights. I am planning to schedule in a yoga session right after work, just me and my mat and the backyard.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2019, 03:34:12 AM »
5/14-25,633

Busting butt..hopefully can get done to do but going to be tough

PowerStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2019, 01:06:47 PM »
5/13 - 20,000 steps (yes I paced my bedroom to get to that milestone :) )
5/14 - 20,775 steps

It is rare that I hit 20k, so I am pretty stoked. 

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2019, 02:32:30 PM »
5/13 - 20,000 steps (yes I paced my bedroom to get to that milestone :) )

I have done that SO MANY TIMES to make a step count. It's clearly psychologically worth it for me, but I have no idea if that extra 5-20 minutes of pacing is actually worth anything health-wise...

18k steps yesterday plus a very lazy yoga session in my bedroom.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2019, 02:38:04 AM »
5/15- 30,672 Steps
          202.2 Weight

I wanted to finish the job i was working on so I had other than estimates 4 days rest. Maybe I can get to the Y one day this week/Weekend although I leave for Saint Louis for one night Friday. Uggh! 

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2019, 02:42:54 AM »
5/16-6237 Steps Weight 202.4

Simply put was not a good day in the lines of getting any exercise and I leave town again so see what I can do this weekend but going to be tough. At least my weight is staying down. I was so stressed yesterday I wasnt hungry but that is a matter for my journals! pick me up my MMM friends!!

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2019, 03:50:11 PM »
5/15: 19k steps, including a session on the elliptical
5/16: 17k steps

Today is going to be low-stepping, it's a work shitshow. UGH.

Blindsquirrel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2019, 09:36:31 AM »
   Start 220 now 213. No beer and I quite eating garbage, good hikes in last week.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2019, 03:27:36 AM »
   Start 220 now 213. No beer and I quite eating garbage, good hikes in last week.

Nice job!

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2019, 03:29:53 AM »
5/17-8,763 Travel day to Saint Louis
5/18-13,490 Travel day back from Saint Louis but I did do some elliptical to get my hear rate up before heading to the Soccer Fields

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2019, 03:22:51 AM »
5/19-24,812