Author Topic: 10k steps Plus a day!  (Read 16588 times)

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
10k steps Plus a day!
« on: January 06, 2019, 03:37:58 PM »
This is simply a thread I thought I would start for people to keep track of there daily steps for whatever reason. For my family we get points for our Health Insurance (Humana) which we can cash in for Amazon cards etc.. This year we earned exactly 500$ and once we got to Gold status saved 78$ a month on our premium. Personally I have been doing this since I fire'd and my daily minimum is 10k Steps. I also in my journal started posting what are my steps from what is as close to possible from working out be it on the elliptical or literally going for a fast walk. So whatever you want to post or how so be it, BUT shoot for 10k daily as your minimum. I think you will find it can be addicting and you will find yourself challenging yourself to do more which in turn has health benefits both mentally and physically. I use a fitbit for my device for tracking as well as my Apple Ap does the same.

So I will start-

1/5- Total 23k Steps  14k were from 90mins on the Elliptical and half hour walking around the track at Ymca. The rest was wallking around down by the lakefront and just running errands etc.....

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
Re: 10k steps Plus a day!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 05:34:23 PM »
I'll join in. ;) I usually average 11k-12k steps a day (I used to average nearly 20k, but that was when I had access to a walking desk at work). I'm looking to walk/run 2000 miles this year, which means 13,353 steps per day is my goal.

So far, I'm averaging 14k steps a day this year -- it's been a little bit lower the last few days, due to a large deluge of rain, but I got some good long walks in the first few days of the year.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 04:29:42 AM »
1/6  12k Steps Total

About a 10k were from A Sunday Stroll with my DW the other 2k were from just doing things around the house. Today should be a bigger day.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 05:30:27 AM »
1/7- 29k Steps   16K from Exercise

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 09:41:18 AM »
Alas, only 10k steps from yesterday -- just was not feeling particularly active in the evening. :(

On the other hand, already at 9k steps today and it's not even 9a, so I think I can make up for yesterday. ;)

haypug16

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 11:26:12 AM »
I'll join in. I have been having a hard time hitting 10k daily and really would like to get more steps in.

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 01:48:30 PM »
$10K steps sounds like a fine goal. I'm in as soon as I find an app that counts my steps - I know there is one.

I'm making my health a priority this year, so maybe I'll buy a little step counter instead. Now I wonder if my insurance has some sort of incentive for doing this as well.
Has anyone considered one of those sites that pays you to lose weight?

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 03:17:54 AM »
Well 1/8 kinda sucked for me I had to take a day off my knees were killing me. I had all in just over 4k steps which was comprised of running some errands. Back at it today!

haypug16

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 08:59:15 AM »
1/8 - I made it to 5,491 steps :( I was out walking my dog and then got really emotional about having to put my cat to sleep on Monday and just had to get home and cry. I'm feeling a bit better today (so far) and hope to get out for a walk at lunch and then tonight with the pup.

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 11:02:47 AM »
Ack @soccerluvof4, how are the knees doing today? (Mine were a bit tight this morning because I ran yesterday, so I'm trying to get my steps in little chunks.)

5,491 steps is more than nothing, @haypug16! If there's ever a thing that makes creating and maintaining habits hard, it's grief. I hope that the cry helped, and that walks are a bit easier today.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 03:36:50 AM »
Ack @soccerluvof4, how are the knees doing today? (Mine were a bit tight this morning because I ran yesterday, so I'm trying to get my steps in little chunks.)

5,491 steps is more than nothing, @haypug16! If there's ever a thing that makes creating and maintaining habits hard, it's grief. I hope that the cry helped, and that walks are a bit easier today.

There sore this morning right where there both bone on bone. Thanks for asking @diapasoun . I think I mentioned I was suppose to have both replaced up to 5 years ago but I was doing pretty good until I started coaching my sons basketball. I think if i can get back to where I was pain free by not demonstrating drills I will be ok or at least more tolerable. Its hard to sleep when your knees cant touch. Yesterday I had Just shy of 20k Steps of which 16k were from exercise. I did 100 minutes of the Elliptical and then Walked the track for a solid half hour plus. few other things. Today I am going to hopefully get at least another 15k via Exercise and I have to coach tonight.

Here is my view finishing up the other day. Going to try and start posting these-

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 03:41:44 AM by soccerluvof4 »

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 08:45:06 AM »
Yeowch @soccerluvof4! That's a knee saga. O.o I imagine that not showing drills will at least help - basketball can be so tough on knee/ankles.

15k yesterday, from my morning walk, walking to the library to pick up books, and walking to the little local grocery for a few ingredients.

haypug16

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 09:35:41 AM »
1/8 - 5,491 steps
1/9 - 6,565 steps (a little bit more yesterday)

I'm off for my lunch time walk, going to shot for 2 miles

mxt0133

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 09:51:10 AM »

There sore this morning right where there both bone on bone. Thanks for asking @diapasoun . I think I mentioned I was suppose to have both replaced up to 5 years ago but I was doing pretty good until I started coaching my sons basketball. I think if i can get back to where I was pain free by not demonstrating drills I will be ok or at least more tolerable. Its hard to sleep when your knees cant touch. Yesterday I had Just shy of 20k Steps of which 16k were from exercise. I did 100 minutes of the Elliptical and then Walked the track for a solid half hour plus. few other things. Today I am going to hopefully get at least another 15k via Exercise and I have to coach tonight.

Sorry to hear about your knee, is it related to inflammation?  I'm sure you have done all the research on how to heal it without surgery.  I too have knee issues, jumper's knees, and have done physical therapy to stay pain free.  I am now also looking into other lifestyle choices to stay pain free, such as changes in my diet and supplements.  Mind sharing what has worked for you so far?

EDIT:  As for the 10K challenge, I too try to get 10K steps a day.  I have a desk job, standing desk at least, and what helps me get to my goal is to walk at least 5 minutes an hour, by just walking around the office to clear my head or taking the really long way to the restroom.  Other than that if I get at least 1 hour of walking I know I will reach my goal for that day.  For those of you that don't want to spring for a Fitbit or other tracker 1 hour of brisk walking will surely get you to 10K steps.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 09:54:55 AM by mxt0133 »

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 02:32:08 AM »

Sorry to hear about your knee, is it related to inflammation?  I'm sure you have done all the research on how to heal it without surgery.  I too have knee issues, jumper's knees, and have done physical therapy to stay pain free.  I am now also looking into other lifestyle choices to stay pain free, such as changes in my diet and supplements.  Mind sharing what has worked for you so far?

EDIT:  As for the 10K challenge, I too try to get 10K steps a day.  I have a desk job, standing desk at least, and what helps me get to my goal is to walk at least 5 minutes an hour, by just walking around the office to clear my head or taking the really long way to the restroom.  Other than that if I get at least 1 hour of walking I know I will reach my goal for that day.  For those of you that don't want to spring for a Fitbit or other tracker 1 hour of brisk walking will surely get you to 10K steps.

There is nothing I can do but have surgery and have them replaces as I am bone on bone for 5+ years now. I can get cortisone shots pretty much as much as I need them at least once every 3 months because cortisone eats the cartilage and I have none left so it wouldn't hurt me like say other injuries BUT i also dont like paying for it! lol. My knees are usually not as bad as now as I mentioned they got swelled up because of the BB practices. If I back off of doing any of that for a few days it should go back to how it normally is from on a scale of 1-10 now being a 7 to more like a 2. They have had success cell rejuvenation but its like 30k a knee and medical insurance wont cover it yet. Knee replacements last 25 years and my cost would be 8k each if my yearly deductible isnt fulfilled so being 54 right now its playing the game more of when.

Yesterday 1-9 I had just over 20k steps of which about 14k was from Exercise.

As you mentioned for those that dont want to get a fitbit if you have a cell phone there are tons of free apps you can use or you can pick up a pedometer for probably now a days for 10$ and cant go wrong with those.

haypug16

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 10:04:04 AM »
1/8 - 5,491 steps
1/9 - 6,565 steps
1/10 - 6,761 steps

Everyday is a little more and more. Today I should hit 7k and tomorrow Mr. Pug and I are planning on a long walk with the dog.

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 10:52:24 AM »
1/8 - 5,491 steps
1/9 - 6,565 steps
1/10 - 6,761 steps

Everyday is a little more and more. Today I should hit 7k and tomorrow Mr. Pug and I are planning on a long walk with the dog.

That's the way to do it! Less risk of injuries, and easier to build into your life. :) (Do you have a pug, by any chance?)

Met my goal yesterday through the power of pacing my house in order to get a few more steps before going to bed. Not my favorite way to meet my step goals, and honestly not certain how helpful it is in terms of ~fitness~ goals and such, but! I did the thing?

haypug16

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 10:58:25 AM »
(Do you have a pug, by any chance?)

Funny enough I don't. The Pug in my name is unrelated to the dog breed. I have a Miniature Pinscher.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 03:58:46 AM »
1/8 - 5,491 steps
1/9 - 6,565 steps
1/10 - 6,761 steps

That's the way to do it! Less risk of injuries, and easier to build into your life. :) (Do you have a pug, by any chance?)

Met my goal yesterday through the power of pacing my house in order to get a few more steps before going to bed. Not my favorite way to meet my step goals, and honestly not certain how helpful it is in terms of ~fitness~ goals and such, but! I did the thing?

Thats the way to do it! One thing about keeping track of steps it does get addicting in a good way where you do seemingly want to beat the day before. Then you get to a level you want to maintain. Slowly work your way up to 10k and do that as your minimum everyday and you will feel real good I bet. And no need to hurry ,one day at a time.

I had 20,350 yesterday 1/11 of which 14k was working out and the rest running around. We went downtown last night and I got at least 2k just parking the damn car so far away from the even we went to . Knees are tad bit better than the day before too so thats a good thing.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 05:46:21 AM »
1/12 Just over 19k steps of which 14k were from exercising

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 10:03:15 AM »
Met goal on Friday. Abjectly did not meet it yesterday - I developed a light-and-movement sensitive headache and ended up curled up on the couch for a long while, so only about 4k steps yesterday.

I am now jonesing myself to get up and go for a run....

JoJoP

• Bristles
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2019, 02:38:43 PM »
I got a fitbit type wrist band for Christmas.   We were on vacation and I had numerous days in the 20K range... my personal best!  I had one day with less than 700 steps because I got food poisoning and only walked from bed to bathroom.  I bounced back and felt fine.   The big airports like Dallas give lots of steps when transferring planes.  I started to enjoy those long hauls from terminal to terminal when I started viewing them as an opportunity to exercise instead of sitting. 
 All in all, down 2 pounds for the Vay-kay!

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2019, 04:43:33 AM »
1/13- Just over 18.5k steps of which 14k were from exercise. Hopefully going to step it up today, yes pun intended!!

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2019, 09:59:31 AM »
Also around 18k steps yesterday -- I got my run in, and some walking for errands. Despite the low count on Saturday, I still made my goal for the week, woo!

Congrats on doing the unusual and losing weight over the winter holidays instead of gaining, @JoJoP. ;)

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2019, 02:07:19 AM »
Slightly over 17k again for 1/14 of which 13 were from Exercise but intense so good- Here also is my latest fitbit report.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2019, 02:29:40 AM »
1/15 got just under 24k steps. About 15k from exercising the rest I was on my feet all day running errands etc...it all adds up and I will take it.

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2019, 09:17:54 AM »
Just under 10k steps yesterday -- it was raining all day, and so I only took one walk instead of two (I was also exhausted from Monday and slept in until right before I had to scramble for work, so not much pre-work walk time, either).

Today looks to be drier, and I'm looking forward to a bit more walking tonight. :)

dcheesi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2019, 10:39:00 AM »
I started Weight Watchers1 with my gf back in November, and got a Fitbit at the same time. Lately I've been getting my 10k steps in most days of the week, often with a significant overage. Previously I was already walking a fair bit, but the tracker and the incentives in the WW app have made me a lot more consistent about it.

1Yeah, yeah, subscription service face-punch... but it really does seem to work so far, and my gf has had more success on this plan than on other diets she's tried.

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2019, 10:51:03 AM »
Welcome to the thread, @dcheesi!

I'm curious now: What is everyone doing to get their steps?

I usually take a walk in the morning (I take to my mom on the phone -- she lives across the country from me and this is a really good way to keep in contact), as well as a walk in the evening with my boyfriend. Sometimes we end up with extra or longer walks due to running errands (library, grocery store, etc). I've also been trying to add 3 bouts of cardio a week, mostly running -- I am so far averaging about 2 per week, but hey, that's more than if I wasn't trying. ;)

All of this is made easier by very pleasant Mediterranean weather; the worst we contend with is winter rains and the occasional reeeally hot day in summer.

dcheesi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2019, 12:21:03 PM »
I live in a walkable area (by design), so I get a fair amount of steps in just going to the grocery store or bank or whatever. Plus one of the shopping/entertainment "districts" is centered around a small lake with a nice walking trail, so I have a place to go if I just want to walk for a while.

I'm also lucky in that my office is in walking distance of another shopping area, so sometimes (more often than I'd like to admit) I'll make the 10-15 minute walk down to one of the lunch places there.

Sometimes I also take a walk with my gf (one of the perks of doing the diet together is that we're both on the same page here). Her neighborhood has fewer walkable destinations for food etc., but there's a large creek-side trail system nearby if we want to walk for the exercise. Also we can walk to the Metro station, which is helpful on our occasional trips into the city.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2019, 03:59:28 AM »
I live in a walkable area (by design), so I get a fair amount of steps in just going to the grocery store or bank or whatever. Plus one of the shopping/entertainment "districts" is centered around a small lake with a nice walking trail, so I have a place to go if I just want to walk for a while.

I'm also lucky in that my office is in walking distance of another shopping area, so sometimes (more often than I'd like to admit) I'll make the 10-15 minute walk down to one of the lunch places there.

Sometimes I also take a walk with my gf (one of the perks of doing the diet together is that we're both on the same page here). Her neighborhood has fewer walkable destinations for food etc., but there's a large creek-side trail system nearby if we want to walk for the exercise. Also we can walk to the Metro station, which is helpful on our occasional trips into the city.

Well thats awesome! and welcome to this thread. If you have  a way keep your steps with us. If you dont have app to count stups and your walking calculated miles than just figure it with a walking calculator you can easily google. This isnt a hard core rule abiding thing!

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2019, 04:01:05 AM »
Yesterday I was exhausted so took the day off and ended up with just under 5k 1/16. My knees and legs were just tired. So better to listen to my body plus havent been sleeping very well and I am not a good sleeper to begin with.

Today should be a good day though.

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2019, 10:27:48 AM »
Good call on listening to your body, soccerluvof4. Not listening to your body is the path of burnout and injury... ugh.

15k yesterday. Got a short run in today before it started raining super hard (turned around at that point, something like a half mile early on my usual loop). I should also get in some movement around the house + walking to my library shift later.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2019, 04:37:48 AM »
Good call on listening to your body, soccerluvof4. Not listening to your body is the path of burnout and injury... ugh.

15k yesterday. Got a short run in today before it started raining super hard (turned around at that point, something like a half mile early on my usual loop). I should also get in some movement around the house + walking to my library shift later.

Yep, thanks! and it paid off. Yesterday 1/17 felt great and had a great workout and actually ended up with 24.5k Steps with nearly 18k from exercise.

I so envy you ! wish I could run. Knees would swell up like blimps if i did that! lol.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2019, 03:01:46 AM »
Just under 21k steps 1/19 of which about 15k were from exercise.

I did an hour on the Elliptical and road 19 miles in about an hour and 3 mins in a spin class.  Was a good workout. Body felt great.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2019, 05:10:23 AM »
Where are all my steppers!? lol

Yesterday 1/19 finished just under 26k steps. Between shoveling our monster driveway, working out for 2 hours and running around delivering Pizzas for my new fire'd pt gig i racked them up.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2019, 05:11:00 AM »
1/20- Just over 20k steps of which Just over 12k was via Exercise.

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2019, 10:28:03 AM »
Made my weekly step goal, despite a few days this week under target. It's sunny today, and I'm hoping that means a good start to the stepping week.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2019, 07:20:35 AM »
1/21 just over 18k steps of which 12k were from working out. Today I am not going to workout but have alot of running around tonight including coaching my DS basketball till 8:30 pm so HOPING to at least get 10k

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2019, 11:17:10 AM »
21k yesterday -- I went for two long walks, and we did a lot of cleaning around the house to boot. I settled down on the couch with a book around 5p yesterday and it felt soooo good to sit! (Usually sitting makes me feel very meh -- I like it when it's a relief, means I've used my body appropriately. ;))

Foot was sore this morning so no run. Trying to come up with a good way to get some cardio in otherwise, since it's a cardio day -- maybe dancing around the kitchen??

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2019, 03:45:17 AM »
21k yesterday -- I went for two long walks, and we did a lot of cleaning around the house to boot. I settled down on the couch with a book around 5p yesterday and it felt soooo good to sit! (Usually sitting makes me feel very meh -- I like it when it's a relief, means I've used my body appropriately. ;))

Foot was sore this morning so no run. Trying to come up with a good way to get some cardio in otherwise, since it's a cardio day -- maybe dancing around the kitchen??

Great job! sorry to hear about your foot! I came up short 1/22 - just under 10k steps as I didnt workout but based on the weather I will take it. With all the shoveling ahead of me today I wont be able to workout again BUT I will get my share of steps!

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2019, 09:55:01 AM »
soccerluvof4, shoveling is already quite the workout!

I got my steps yesterday (about 14k), but definitely no run. Foot is still a little tight this morning. (It's either light plantar fascitis or something similar -- unfortunately, the usual stretches prescribed for plantar fascitis actually tend to make it worse, and I have to be very careful when doing yoga to avoid certain poses.)

Took my neighbor's dog for a walk this morning -- she just had knee surgery and can't walk a German shepherd on her own. Less steps than my usual walks, because he wanted to be home earlier than I did, but every step accompanied by a dog is much more magical than one taken alone. :)

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2019, 04:03:26 AM »
soccerluvof4, shoveling is already quite the workout!

I got my steps yesterday (about 14k), but definitely no run. Foot is still a little tight this morning. (It's either light plantar fascitis or something similar -- unfortunately, the usual stretches prescribed for plantar fascitis actually tend to make it worse, and I have to be very careful when doing yoga to avoid certain poses.)

Took my neighbor's dog for a walk this morning -- she just had knee surgery and can't walk a German shepherd on her own. Less steps than my usual walks, because he wanted to be home earlier than I did, but every step accompanied by a dog is much more magical than one taken alone. :)

My feet always seem sore but putting alot of steps on doesnt help. Have you tried at least a good insole? that can really make a difference. I also went a half size bigger on my shoes and that helped a bit.

Yesterday was my worst day in awhile as I just needed a day off. I ended up with just over 5300 steps.  Today I am going to hit it hard again I hope and through the weekend but going outside is not looking that inviting being only -9/- mid 20's with wind chill.

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2019, 08:24:32 AM »
I actually switched shoes several months ago to some more supportive ones, which helped a ton. Now it's just a matter of paying attention to it and listening to it.

Didn't hit my goal yesterday - got 11k steps - but I did get a run in with fine foot fettle, so score!

That's mighty cold weather, soccerluvof4.

@haypug16, how's your stepping? And you, @dcheesi?

dcheesi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2019, 01:33:52 PM »
I actually switched shoes several months ago to some more supportive ones, which helped a ton. Now it's just a matter of paying attention to it and listening to it.

Didn't hit my goal yesterday - got 11k steps - but I did get a run in with fine foot fettle, so score!

Had a significant setback --mild gout attack. I had hoped that my recent diet changes and subsequent weight loss would continue to ward off such ailments, but no such luck. I still got surprisingly close to goal yesterday, but part of that was "cheating" (going shopping and using the cart as a crutch). I may switch focus to more upper-body work, just to keep myself active.

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2019, 03:12:26 PM »
I would venture to say that using a shopping cart as a crutch while having a gout attack is not cheating at all. It's using an adaptive device to allow you to go harder than you would otherwise.

That being said, more upper-body work might be a good thing, because unnecessary pain is not the funnest!

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2019, 11:20:23 AM »

Had a significant setback --mild gout attack. I had hoped that my recent diet changes and subsequent weight loss would continue to ward off such ailments, but no such luck. I still got surprisingly close to goal yesterday, but part of that was "cheating" (going shopping and using the cart as a crutch). I may switch focus to more upper-body work, just to keep myself active.

Sorry to hear about your set back! crutch or not your taking steps! I know that gout can be painful. I was misdiagnosed with that many years ago despite my big toe throbbing.

Yesterday 1/25 I got back it and had a bit over 15k steps of which 12k were from working out.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2019, 04:20:20 AM »
1/26 - Got in a little over 18k of which 15k were from working out.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2019, 03:30:54 AM »
1/27  12k+ From exercise just over 15k for the day all in

haypug16

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2019, 07:22:30 AM »
Doing about the same though I hit 11K steps on Saturday. I spend the weekend prior in a house in Vermont and pretty much didn't leave the house at all so those days were very low. There were also a few days where the battery on my fitbit died so i wasn't able to track. I have joined a group challenge through FitBit to help motivate me into getting more steps in.

Here's the last few days;

1/25 - 9,505
1/26 - 11,802
1/27 - 4,168 (did a lot of reading and relaxing but really should have tried to go for a walk)

Today I'm already close to yesterdays total and I plan to go for a walk at lunch and walk the dog again when I get home as long as it's not too cold for her in which case I'll walk myself.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!