Author Topic: Seattle Area Tax Consultant  (Read 1256 times)

Rfactor

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Seattle Area Tax Consultant
« on: January 09, 2018, 01:05:31 PM »
Greetings!
My wife and I are looking for a Seattle area tax consultant/advisor who understands the FIRE perspective. We are in our mid 50's and recently made the leap but would like to discuss the tax implications regarding our specific situation so we can plan/adjust accordingly. Any recommendations of someone in the Seattle area who charges an hourly rate to discuss the details with?

Much thanks ahead of time!!
Rfactor

terran

• Magnum Stache
Re: Seattle Area Tax Consultant
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 03:07:24 PM »
This guy knows his stuff (frequent poster here in the tax section): https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/profile/?u=6939

sokoloff

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 03:10:28 PM »
+1. If I were on his side of the country (and maybe even if not if my current preparer stops doing the work), that's where I'd go, at least to have a good long look.

Rfactor

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 03:30:00 PM »
Yes that was my first stop but unfortunately Seattle CPA does not deal with individuals on an hourly basis.  Was told by his office that small business is his focus.

SeattleCPA

• Handlebar Stache
    • Evergreen Small Business
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 05:05:28 PM »
Hi guys, just saw this. Sorry we can't provide the service some want or need.

Like most service businesses, we are limited in the scalability we have and so focus on the niches where we can do really efficient high quality work. In our case, that means S corporation and partnership returns... particularly for digital entrepreneurs.

My general suggestion is that most individuals use something like TurboTax (that works for almost everybody)...

Also I do try to answer questions here at the forum (though during tax season my participation drops because we get so busy with the S corporation and partnership returns... which is what we specialize in).

Thanks for not trashing us and also for the kind words.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!