Author Topic: Please help me with this business/personal tax and cp200  (Read 1047 times)

jelly

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Please help me with this business/personal tax and cp200
« on: July 17, 2017, 01:30:28 PM »
Hi,
I started a business (sole owner) and registered the business with my SSN. I didn't realize businesses should not be linked to SSN numbers but should be linked to EIN numbers instead. When I transferred the business to a relative some of the (merchant sevices) profit that went to the store was reported as having gone to me (due to me originally linked my SSN to the business). I just received a CP2000 notice that states a third party reported my I/my ssn received $50,000 in 2015 however this money went to my previous store now under different ownership. Would you please advise me on the next step? I have to respond before August 2. My CPA is out of the country and I am searching for someone to help asap. I saw an IRS rep who stated I need to resolve this with the merchant service. However, when I called the merchant service for payment statements, they said my account is permanently deleted and there is no way to retrieve the statements. I was thinking of scheduling an appointment with the IRS but I don't even know what supportive evidence to take or where to begin.

I would appreciate any help/advise you can provide. Thank you in advance

Heroes821

• Pencil Stache
Re: Please help me with this business/personal tax and cp200
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 01:43:56 PM »
Does your CPA belong to a larger company that can assist you while he's out?

If not I would probably suggest calling another CPA, or a tax lawyer. You can probably get an extension past August second if progress is being made on this, so you could just wait for your CPA to get back if he's not gone for several weeks.

SeattleCPA

• Handlebar Stache
    • Evergreen Small Business
Re: Please help me with this business/personal tax and cp200
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 02:30:46 PM »
You need to explain to IRS what happened... You can probably do that in a letter.