Author Topic: Tuition payment question  (Read 199 times)


  • Pencil Stache
  • ****
  • Posts: 721
  • Location: NYC
Tuition payment question
« on: February 05, 2019, 02:13:45 PM »
My daughter received 1098-T form.  Basically, as a high school student, I paid $325 for her last semester to take a 3 credit college course.  The 1098-T has her name on it, not mine.  I file as HOH with standard deduction.  She is my dependent. 
She is not filing her own tax return.  Do I need to include this form on my tax return?


  • Walrus Stache
  • *******
  • Posts: 9104
Re: Tuition payment question
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 03:36:46 PM »
You don't need to, but you might want to.  See Can I take a deduction for my daughters High School Dual Credit ... - TurboTax Support and links therein for more.