Author Topic: what did you NOT buy today?  (Read 320971 times)

Landlady

• Stubble
Re: what did you NOT buy today?
« Reply #400 on: August 12, 2016, 12:00:20 PM »
I didn't buy groceries for dinner and opted for a simple breakfast for dinner last night. bacon and waffles probably cost our family of 3 less than $3 a person for the meal.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #401 on: August 12, 2016, 02:59:09 PM »
Didn't buy Hunter boots that are on sale online for $79 (usually $150) --- still too much for what are essentially rubber boots. Have been swooning over them for a couple of years now :-/ so this is a huge victory for me!

lucky-girl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #402 on: August 13, 2016, 05:52:18 AM »
I went a whole week without buying coffee! Whew. it wasn't so hard. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time at the coffeeshop- so I don't plan to abstain forever, but it does feel good to take a little break and remind myself it isn't necessary.

alleykat

• Bristles
« Reply #403 on: August 13, 2016, 07:09:24 AM »
Didn't buy 130 worth of makeup I didn't need.  This was a big deal for me because it was a sale I was waiting for.  But, I have way more than I can use already.

Squirrel away

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #404 on: August 13, 2016, 07:48:11 AM »
I didn't buy a ridiculously overpriced vegan dessert in my grocery shopping. I can make do with what I have at home or bake something if I want something sweet.

OrangeSnapDragon

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #405 on: August 13, 2016, 05:04:00 PM »

Tea - I've resolved to use ALL of my current tea before buying anything new

End table - we needed one but I fashioned one from an old ceramic crock and a slab of wood, it's not my favorite thing in the room (I've got all sorts of random things inherited from family members)

Groceries - we have 2 freezers and a full pantry and fridge, not to mention the garden is going crazy.

Today's food with not a dent to our store was
   - breakfast burrito with egg, sausage, roasted jalapeno's and cheese
   - zucchini fritters with yogurt sauce
   - sausage stuffed banana peppers
   - zucchini bread (we have a lot of zucchini!)
   - cucumber and tomato salad

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #406 on: August 13, 2016, 05:48:52 PM »
I also had a success today in the tea department! We had coupons for 2 free teas which expire August 30th -- and I didn't buy any loose tea while there, even though I'm out of my favourite blend. I have So. Much. Tea. I really ought to take a page from your book, Orangesnapdragon, and drink all the tea in the cupboard before I buy any more!
Edit: typo
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 08:57:59 PM by 1967mama »

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #407 on: August 13, 2016, 06:32:59 PM »
I tried on 4 tops at a charity thrift store this morning.  Typically they don't carry much in my size.  I put back 2 sleeveless blouses and kept the leopard print blouse and a white cardigan, totaling $36.  Seems pricey yes but the two items look brand new and the cashier also gave me a laundry stain removal lesson while I paid, plus, it's charity. 

patfla

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Hi - I'm Pat.
« Reply #408 on: August 13, 2016, 08:56:30 PM »
Starting biking again maybe 2, 2.5 weeks ago.  Downtown at first just to ride but then added my backpack (no - not going to buy panniers at least not yet) so that I could do useful stuff as well such as picking up some grocery items.  I often get a coffee - haven't yet learned how to deny myself that luxury.  Although the caffeine is helpful for the upwards climb back home.

I've bought a big fat zero as regards bike bling.  I see bike bling all the time around here in the Bay Area.  No spandex, I wear jeans and a short sleeve shirt.  Owned the helmet already - that's essential.

Thought I needed a bike lock.  My wife and son were away - when my wife learned I'd bought a lock she told me we had some already and where they were.  So I returned the lock to Amazon telling them: "no, don't need it."

I wonder how much is spent per year in the US on what's essentially bike bling?

halseyskates33

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #409 on: August 14, 2016, 02:56:06 PM »
Didn't buy anything today. Watching newly released movies for free since the house I am dog sitting at has all the premium channels AND

didn't buy the dealerships balance total for my car loan, after double checking I owe $600 less than they were claiming! (will have car loan paid off in less than 2 months)

Free movies, fun dogs to play with (getting paid to do so) and saved $600. Not bad for a lazy Sunday : )

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #410 on: August 14, 2016, 07:09:25 PM »
Not buying a haircut - Mr Happier is cutting it for me instead :-)

moof

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #411 on: August 14, 2016, 09:04:50 PM »
Took the kid to the zoo by bicycle trailer today, brought lunch, had a great time.

Used to spend about $20 for a gut bomb lunch at their cafe for the two of us, and $6.40 for parking.  Got to count the 19 miles not driven at 0.50 a mile.  Probably spent $4 on the homemade lunch and snacks, so probably about $31 saved, and got a killer bike ride upt the hill and back.

sun and sand

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #412 on: August 16, 2016, 07:23:48 PM »
Ice cream after dinner while we were out.....or coffee

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #413 on: August 18, 2016, 03:31:49 AM »
Replacement tube of the hand lotion I've used for years - been rebuying without much thought but it's $20 at the body shop! Got some cvs stuff for $2, going to see if I like it (and if I don't going to try out some other $2-3 options).

Is it The Body Shop hemp hand cream? That stuff is brilliant. Comes out of the tube more as a solid than a liquid, and is miraculous on dry hands.

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #414 on: August 18, 2016, 11:40:28 AM »
I didn't buy 8 industrial garden hose nozzles.
 Instead I sent an email to the company
that sold the 8 I already have that leak.
I ask if they had replacement parts
so I could repair the ones I have.
They said send us a picture of the 8 nozzles so we can verify model and quantity
and we will replace them under warranty.
  I did and they said they will ship within 5 days.
 I wish I would have saved all that I have had over the years.
  You might think I would find a different product but these nozzles work very well, until they leak.
 They are like a firehose nozzle, adjustable wide or thin spray.
My wife buys them at Sam's after summer season when they discount the price,
last time she bought 5 for $4.58 each. Such a deal.
And now 8 free!

icemodeled

• Stubble
« Reply #415 on: August 21, 2016, 10:09:03 PM »
We went to Walmart and walked inside the garden center. We seen the discounted patio furniture. We didn't really NEED new chairs but thought it was a good discount.. After mulling it over and sitting in the chairs a bit.. We decided to not buy them because well, we don't need them! It was tempting though.

Mesmoiselle

• Bristles
« Reply #416 on: August 21, 2016, 10:18:49 PM »
I'm driving through Oklahoma on my way home and stop by my sister's place for a couple days. She says she's heard about this novelty restaurant where they have 20+ cereals and 20+ toppings to put on them. And other breakfast related items, but the 20+ breakfast cereals are the focus. We decide to go. And when we arrive, there is, I kid you not, like 15 people in line. The AC is maxed so it's chilly as we stand in this crazy line. I guess our thoughts had been thst it'd be more like... a salad bar serve yourself kind of thing. But then we watch as a couple people get their bowl of frosted mini wheats with literally no toppings and a milk jug for $7 each. And we've been there for five minutes and there are still 5-10 people in front of us. And I say, "this is stupid. Let's go to the grocery store."

And we did.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 04:27:54 AM by Mesmoiselle »

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #417 on: August 21, 2016, 11:08:49 PM »
Good call, Mesmoiselle!

Today I resisted the urge to go buy a fancy chai latte and made some at home for myself and our guest instead. It was quite good. Simmered black tea with heavy cream and ginger root chunks, cinnamon sticks, peppercorns, cloves, cardamom and brown sugar. This hit the spot!

akzidenz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #418 on: August 22, 2016, 05:48:53 PM »
budgeted for a brunch with a friend. all good. it was nice to see her, i was happy i set that time and money aside. afterwards, she wanted to go to a trendy cold brew coffee place. not so good, since i've been restricting myself to buying one coffee a month.

ended up sitting with her and ignoring my totally illogical feeling of social awkwardness at not buying a coffee—she drank hers, and i quietly sipped on some complimentary water.

this is a really small victory, but historically one i've had a hard time with…i'll often pressure myself into spending just as much as the people i'm with.

SoccerLounge

• Stubble
« Reply #419 on: August 22, 2016, 06:13:59 PM »
But then we watch as a couple people get their bowl of frosted mini wheats with literally no toppings and a milk jug for $7 each.

Idiocy. Had to upsize to most accurately express that feeling. When I first heard about these novelty cereal places, I thought maybe they were home-made gourmet reproductions of cereal favorites? Nope. Just stuff like Lucky Charms in a bowl with some milk for 5-10 bucks.

Mesmoiselle

• Bristles
« Reply #420 on: August 22, 2016, 10:33:36 PM »
But then we watch as a couple people get their bowl of frosted mini wheats with literally no toppings and a milk jug for $7 each.

Idiocy. Had to upsize to most accurately express that feeling. When I first heard about these novelty cereal places, I thought maybe they were home-made gourmet reproductions of cereal favorites? Nope. Just stuff like Lucky Charms in a bowl with some milk for 5-10 bucks.

I'm not entirely certain what we thought it was going to be. The deciding to go was mostly about the novelty, with no intention of repeating the experience. but I did call ahead to inquire if they had oatmeal. Then we arrive, and I realize that, not only are the cereals literally 100% boxed cereal you can get at any grocery store (unlike, say, 10 unique to them granolas..) but also that you can't even make your bowl of oatmeal/cereal to the ratios you'd prefer. The world loves oatmeal at what I consider super overcooked mush, which I make up for with lots of crunchy nuts at hotels/cafeterias. This place, however, gets to choose how big the scoop is. Just like Subway--Where their veggie sandwiches heavily lack the very thing they are named for; vegetables.

So, we would have been upcharged for a cheap food we had very little control over...  and then to see people come to the novelty place and literally just buy an unadulterated bowl of cereal for $6.89+tax just took it over the line from cute novelty to a total lack of common sense. We felt silly for waiting at all; kinda hope people overheard us grousing at the silliness before we walked out.

SoccerLounge

• Stubble
« Reply #421 on: August 23, 2016, 12:26:56 PM »
We felt silly for waiting at all; kinda hope people overheard us grousing at the silliness before we walked out.

I hope so! I bet that was some good-quality grousin'.

Nemesis.

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Zazzle site
« Reply #422 on: September 02, 2016, 07:58:05 PM »
I passed up lunch with coworkers today even though they asked three times! I was working through lunch so I could leave at 1:00 but I was pretty hungry.
Had something yummy from my fridge when I got home. :)

LateToTheParty

• Stubble
« Reply #423 on: September 03, 2016, 08:41:55 AM »
Have not bought any new (or used) clothing this year. This is compared to approx $4000 annual spend prior to discovering MMM last fall.

DH is now on board with mustachian ways.  It took some coaxing. He brought his lunch to work every day in August.  Our eating out spend for August was only $29.00, and that was due to travel.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #424 on: September 03, 2016, 03:06:19 PM »
All the cute clothes at the mall yesterday. So many sales between Labor day and end of summer clearance. I resisted valiantly and also said no to my husband when he suggested going out for dessert after our haircuts (the reason for us being at the mall).

Same here.  I thought I'd pull my sweaters and stuff out of the back of the closet and be all happy with the stuff I'd forgotten that I had, but I must have Kondo'd that shit hard, because there wasn't much back there, and I'm still kind of disappointed, but I haven't folded and bought anything.

Also didn't buy a new book. Found one when rearranging the shelves that I don't remember reading, so I'll read that instead (I don't library well, since my reading is so erratic; sometimes I'll read a book in three days, other times it takes six months).

Not buying a shed, either.  We're getting rid of a nasty old tin shed, and for a few years I've been dreaming of replacing it with a nice wooden garden shed, but thanks to decrapifying our main shed/shop, and having some storage in the greenhouse, a garden shed is no longer needed, and I can use the space for more garden beds instead.

gaja

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #425 on: September 03, 2016, 04:13:35 PM »
We did not buy a second car.

I've been drooling over the old Kewet/Buddy EVs for years, but couldn't justify the prices ($5 000-10 000). Took a new look today, and now you can get a functioning one for $1800, while the project cars usually go for $700. Suddenly, while I was browsing, a project car got listed for $400. It sold while DH and I were discussing the issue. Probably a blessing, since we have other goals we want to reach first, but I still want one.

I'll probably have to get a separate savings fund for it, because I'll still be coveting one in the years to come, and they are getting rarer as they wear out. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kewet

marble_faun

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #426 on: September 09, 2016, 08:00:35 AM »
Over the summer I cancelled a bunch of subscriptions to things I didn't really need.  I had signed up for so many services with auto-renewal and just let them go on despite the fact that they weren't really worth it.

Except...

I held onto the most expensive thing -- a monthly "style box."  Every month I received a box of trendy new clothes that were picked out for me and fit perfectly.  Each box cost hundreds of dollars but I was really enjoying all the surprising new garments that were coming my way, all wrapped up like a wonderful gift.  I knew this was shamefully non-mustachian but I held onto it. 

Until just now!  I finally cancelled the style box.  Done!

I also just canceled my dog's attendance at a super-expensive dog daycare.  With a few minor changes in how we do things, it's possible for her to stay home and not have to do the daycare thing at all.

Altogether these things were costing us a huge amount of money per month!  (I'm too embarrassed to say exactly how much. I'll just say it was much more than the rent on our apartment.)  I feel pretty silly for spending this sum as long as we did.  But at least we can change our ways now.

Kapiira

• Stubble
« Reply #427 on: September 09, 2016, 01:02:26 PM »
I went on vacation last week and we had all of our breakfasts at the condo.  We made sandwiches for lunches.  And we made some of our dinners at the condo as well. Vacation was so much cheaper because of it!

IndyPendent

• Stubble
« Reply #428 on: September 09, 2016, 01:42:28 PM »
I had resolved to preorder the iPhone 7 Plus in jet black and hop on the iPhone upgrade program ($1000 total).

I even set my alarm for 3:00am this morning to order as soon as the store went live.

Then I read a different forum thread mocking people exactly like me, and I hung my head in shame and turned off the alarm.

The worst part is that I sort of regret not doing it. I love my gadgets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heleen

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #429 on: September 10, 2016, 07:09:31 AM »
I didn't buy frozen pizza and coke today - my boyfriend is out of town and whenever he does, I'll have some guilty pleasure foods - instead I will cook myself some pasta which I only had to buy some vegetables for.

I'm getting into this habbit of only spending money on Saturday: I'll do groceries, go to the ATM only if I'm going out for dinner in the week ahead (so I'll have a budget for that dinner) and order things that I've already done research on the week before. Today I finally did order an e-reader to replace the one I've had for over six years which recently broke, pretty exited about that!
If it's Sunday and I haven't thought about buying something the day before, I'm not getting it at all. :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 07:38:07 AM by Heleen »

meerkat

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #430 on: September 10, 2016, 07:28:22 AM »
I'm getting into this habbit of only spending money on Saturday: I'll do groceries, go to the ATM only if I'm going out for dinner in the week ahead (so I'll have a budget for that dinner) and order thinks that I've already done research on the week before. Today I finally did order an e-reader to replace the one I've had for over six years which recently broke, pretty exited about that!
If it's Sunday and I haven't thought about buying something the day before, I'm not getting it at all. :)

That's a cool idea! A week isn't so long to go without something.

Heleen

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #431 on: September 10, 2016, 07:41:26 AM »
That's a cool idea! A week isn't so long to go without something.

A week is also an easy period of time to plan ahead and this rule stopped me from buying coffee, lunch and small things which I used to do nearly daily a while ago. :)

lizzzi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #432 on: September 10, 2016, 07:57:26 AM »
Had a yen to drive eight hours and do motels/pet motel for two nights to see the Viking longship that came from Norway through the Great Lakes and now is in New York. ( The Harold Fair-hair.) Added up what this would cost me...and even as minimalist as I could make it, it still didn't really make Mustachian sense--too much money to see just one ship.  Decided that for the moment I will allow myself a big online block of time to read all about it on the computer for free. (I usually try to limit my screen time, as has been discussed on other threads.)And am already planning how to travel-hack a trip to Copenhagen to see the Viking ships at Roskilde--something I've wanted to do for a long time.

NV Teacher

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #433 on: September 10, 2016, 08:04:11 PM »
Candy.  I've had a hankering for some candy for several days now.  There is a goodie box at school but I've resisted by telling myself that I can get a candy bar when I get groceries on Saturday morning.  Today at the store I talked myself out of it by challenging myself to wait one more week.

CheapScholar

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #434 on: September 11, 2016, 07:32:13 AM »
I did NOT pay for my AT&T phone service.  Switched to Ting yesterday and so far so good.  I hardly use my phone and I estimate my bill under Ting will be $20 per month.  Plus, paying for data by usage will encourage me to use my phone less when I'm out.  I've decided to leave my phone off most of the time and enjoy the real world instead of a virtual one.

Also, did NOT buy shaving cream.  I read on another thread about using hair conditioner instead.  I tried it and I really like it actually.  I travel for work sometimes and have been taking home small bottles of conditioner for some time, which is weird because I don't use conditioner.  Turns out I now have a year supply to shave my face.  Only saves maybe $6 per year, but feeling smooth none the less.

monte0930

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #435 on: September 12, 2016, 02:23:36 PM »
Hangers,

I have been updating my closet, and found a deal on cedar hangers, buy one get one free. Ordered $56 worth of hangers this weekend. Then I wised up and facepunched myself, and emailed to cancel the order. Got the confirmation this morning that the order was cancelled, whew!

FrugalFarmer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #436 on: September 13, 2016, 07:45:04 AM »
Lip balm.  I forgot my lip balm when I left for the office yesterday.  Could have bought an overpriced inferior replacement at the office convenience store, but I elected to tough it out.  My lips were dry and cracked by the end of the day, but they're already back to normal.  Saved $2.50, some plastic and gross petroleum based goo.  (I normally make my own lip balm)

monte0930

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #437 on: September 13, 2016, 02:14:05 PM »
Lip balm.  I forgot my lip balm when I left for the office yesterday.  Could have bought an overpriced inferior replacement at the office convenience store, but I elected to tough it out.  My lips were dry and cracked by the end of the day, but they're already back to normal.  Saved $2.50, some plastic and gross petroleum based goo.  (I normally make my own lip balm)

I have found that the more I use lip balm, the more I need to use it. I stopped using it all together and now my lips are fine.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #438 on: September 13, 2016, 03:49:29 PM »

I have found that the more I use lip balm, the more I need to use it. I stopped using it all together and now my lips are fine.

+1. True for me also. Only exception is, I find it unavoidable when it's a very cold very dry winter.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #439 on: September 13, 2016, 07:54:11 PM »

+1. True for me also. Only exception is, I find it unavoidable when it's a very cold very dry winter.

Same here except now husband has installed a ceiling fan in the bedroom. On the bright side, he can sleep at night, so I'll just use some balm.

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #440 on: September 13, 2016, 10:27:28 PM »
Coffee while out with a coworker. He offered to pay for me but I told him I was fine. I guess I'm saving him money, too!

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #441 on: September 14, 2016, 04:49:26 PM »

I have found that the less I use lip balm, the more I need to use it. I use it all the time and now my lips are fine.

FrugalFarmer, do you have a link to the recipe you use for the balm? Would be nice to add that to my repertoire and probably save some bucks, too.

Not FrugalFarmer, but mine is plain vegetable shortening with just a little honey mixed in until smooth. Just enough honey so it's beige and sweet, but not enough so it's sticky. Maybe one part honey to 7-8 parts shortening? I keep it in a little pot and just apply with a finger.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #442 on: September 14, 2016, 06:14:42 PM »
Thanks, Rural!

Helvegen

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #443 on: September 15, 2016, 10:29:26 AM »
This is sort of odd, but on Labor Day, our microwave died. After deciding CL was a waste of time for the type of microwave we needed for the price we wanted to pay, I found a great returned one in the scratch and dent section of Amazon (Warehouse) for $143. I was able to use an Amazon gc I got for my birthday and some rewards points from my CC to bring down the price even further (new price was $198). For whatever reason, it was not going to ship until the 13th, but once it did, it would be on the two day shipping plan and would be here tonight by 8pm.

Now, I did get a bit concerned yesterday when I saw it hadn't shipped yet, however, I've had this happen with Amazon before and they expedited the shipping, I still got the item by the guaranteed date. Refreshing all day at work, nothing, came home, made dinner, looked at the phone - oh it finally shipped. Estimated date of delivery SEPT 22nd. WTF?

So I called Amazon and the CSA had no idea why it took so long to ship out in the first place and apparently once they finally got around to shipping it, they shipped it standard ground instead of Prime two day delivery like they were supposed to. Called UPS and they said there was nothing they could do at that point, so the CSA decided to have the microwave sent back to the warehouse and send me another next day air for free. The CSA did not realize that I had bought a 'damaged' one of a kind item from AW, so it wasn't as simple as me just buying another one. So a call to the supervisor later, he was able to price match the microwave and get me free next day air. My microwave will be here tomorrow, yay!

So what didn't I buy, but am getting anyway? A brand new, undamaged microwave. :p

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #444 on: September 15, 2016, 05:19:05 PM »
We got an invitation from an Investment Advisor Company.
They would buy us dinner if we would listen to their talk.
So we went to Bonefish Grill, had Bam Bam shrimp, battered calamari
for appetizers. They took orders, We both ordered the Filet Mignon with garlic potatoes,
the were 5 other choices.
 They presented an insurance product that grew a capped* amount if the stock market grew
and stayed flat if the market was flat of down. There was time before you could get you money back, but you could withdraw 10% a year with out penalty.
 After that we had filled out a form yes or no, about our interest, they visited the people that said yes and setup appointments, then they left. Gone completely.
A salad was served with a light but flavorable dressing.
 Dinner was served, my steak was cooked a perfect medium rare. The potatoes were a bit cold,
but good. My wife's medium cooked steak was also good.
  We thoroughly enjoyed the couple across the table, late fifties, planning on getting married

So, what didn't we buy?
We didn't buy a night out at a restaurant with steak dinners. But we enjoyed one.

* the capped rate was never mentioned, I think on purpose, I suspect in these times it is a pretty low interest rate.

steviesterno

• Bristles
« Reply #445 on: September 16, 2016, 05:24:53 AM »
amazon story

similar happened to us. We had ordered a surround sound system for our new house from Amazon as a birthday present to me. Shows up, and there are no wires. I called Amazon, they said sorry but it was a close out, so they can't replace it. Instead, they say keep the system and we'll refund you 100% on the credit card. Ok done. 5 minute call to the manufacturer and they are sending wires out for free. Free is a great price to pay for bad-ass movie listening at home!

(surround sound and a bigger TV can be mustacian... Wife likes hockey, both like movies. This system was nice enough we didn't go to a professional event ($300 each trip probably) and have only watched maybe 3 movies in theaters in the last 3 years.

Tubby

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #446 on: September 23, 2016, 07:02:04 AM »
Was poking around in the outlet stores the other day and came upon two pairs of really quality chinos that were marked down from $70 to $16. They fit well and looked good on me, but I am in the middle of a weight loss effort and have another 12 pounds to lose. A couple pairs of pants put away until I put on weight again was just not a bargain. Plus, when I returned home, I found that all of the pets I had grown out of are now fitting or will fit me in another few pounds.

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #447 on: September 25, 2016, 07:40:27 AM »
I've been NOT buying for so many years, that I don't even know,
I'm NOT buying what I'm NOT buying.

Frugality started 34 years ago, it's just part of me.

Money Badger

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #448 on: September 25, 2016, 08:15:26 PM »
I did NOT buy a fertilizer spreader for the yard that I've been coveting since March.    The old one still works (barely) so it'll do for another year.   While I'm at it, now i won't buy so much $hit to spread on the yard either.

doug111

• Stubble
« Reply #449 on: September 25, 2016, 11:52:06 PM »
The best way of saving money on stuff is not buying anything at all ;)

What temptations did you leave behind in the store? :)

For me today:
- A polo shirt at the thrift shop. It was just €4,50, but that was the only reason I was considering to buy it.
I really never spend anymore because I am not even tempted. lol