Author Topic: what did you NOT buy today?  (Read 164189 times)

Tuskalusa

• Stubble
Re: what did you NOT buy today?
« Reply #650 on: March 27, 2018, 09:26:03 PM »
I didnít buy muffins today, tempting as they were in the grocery store. Went home and made a batch instead. 😀

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #651 on: March 27, 2018, 09:39:38 PM »
Not buying chocolate / treats even though I really want to. I am making protein balls with cocoa, which will satisfy the urge without doing as much damage to my health or wallet.

FreshPrincess

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #652 on: March 28, 2018, 04:52:34 AM »
I have not bought a pair of Adidas break-away pants that have been sitting in my Amazon shopping cart for weeks now.  Along with two new makeup brushes I've been lusting over.  The grand total for all three would be $32... but I'm trying to exercise restraint.

My birthday is in May.  I will include these on my list and send it to anyone interested :)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 06:22:14 AM by FreshPrincess »

Padonak

• Stubble
« Reply #653 on: March 28, 2018, 06:09:39 AM »
Saw a deal on a chromebook for $100. Didn't buy

MaybeBabyMustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #654 on: March 28, 2018, 07:59:19 AM »
I didn't buy dinner out, even though juggling the kids, activities, & work while my husband travels is starting to wear on me. Instead, i had tortilla chips & a piece of chocolate for dinner, while I made the kids something else. I know, the healthy food police should facepunch me, but I survived for another day.

Stachetastic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #655 on: March 28, 2018, 08:14:02 AM »
I did not buy a new dryer when I realized mine was no longer tumbling. I ordered a new belt, which should arrive tomorrow. In the meantime, I will study some youtube videos on dryer repair.

I also avoided buying a nicer camper in order to get a bathroom. Instead, I ordered a seat to place on a bucket to take in the old, raggedy camper we already have. Total cost: under $10.

I technically bought something in both of these scenarios, so I'm not sure if that disqualifies me.

Rural

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #656 on: March 28, 2018, 08:21:10 PM »
 I did not buy a massage. Kind of regretting it now, as everything hurts too much to sleep, but there's no guarantee a massage would've solved that problem.

Cali

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #657 on: March 28, 2018, 08:50:22 PM »
I did not buy a new dryer when I realized mine was no longer tumbling. I ordered a new belt, which should arrive tomorrow. In the meantime, I will study some youtube videos on dryer repair.

I also avoided buying a nicer camper in order to get a bathroom. Instead, I ordered a seat to place on a bucket to take in the old, raggedy camper we already have. Total cost: under $10.

I technically bought something in both of these scenarios, so I'm not sure if that disqualifies me.

Iíd claim it, you saved a fortune on the camper

Hirondelle

• Bristles
« Reply #658 on: March 29, 2018, 03:07:03 AM »
I didn't go to the supermarket while I was starving (would've definitely bought too much). I actually wanted to go when passing by but apparently this one closes at 8 pm. Lucky me for getting there at 8.05.

Rosy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #659 on: March 29, 2018, 07:23:08 AM »
That beautiful, cobalt blue planting pot I saw on sale at the Tuesday Morning store. It would have looked so good next to the entrance door - alas, I do have a perfectly nice pot that I can use. Oh man - it sux to be mustachian - I want that pretty pot!
Well, the flowers will look just as good in the pot I already own, it is a nice pot - so get over yourself and curb your impulse spending.

Drowning my sorrows, eh, I mean, I'll celebrate my victory with a glass of wine this afternoon - after I replanted my old pot with spring flowers!:)

lowiyawa

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #660 on: March 30, 2018, 04:07:01 AM »
i would imagine i have bought that stuff

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #661 on: April 07, 2018, 01:03:37 PM »
A new pair of nike tennies that were in the Eastbay catalog!!

Hula Hoop

• Bristles
« Reply #662 on: April 07, 2018, 03:47:31 PM »
A robot vacuum cleaner.  I was vaguely thinking about it but then my friend told me that she was given one and it gets stuck all the time and can't cope with kids' stuff on the floors.  Just saved 200 euros.

Hirondelle

• Bristles
« Reply #663 on: April 09, 2018, 07:57:47 AM »
Did not buy a cappuccino.