Author Topic: what did you NOT buy today?  (Read 127596 times)

Anon in Alaska

  • 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • *
  • Posts: 28
Re: what did you NOT buy today?
« Reply #600 on: August 28, 2017, 01:18:04 AM »
Bananas for tomorrow. My dad gave me two for helping him "declutter". (Now with 15% less stuff, and the other 85% in a new container....
"Homines est! Dici omnes! Soylens viridis HOMINES EST!"

Inaya

  • Handlebar Stache
  • *****
  • Posts: 1277
  • Age: 32
  • Location: Chicago, IL
Re: what did you NOT buy today?
« Reply #601 on: August 30, 2017, 07:37:11 AM »
I haven't spent money since my Saturday morning groceries. Hoping to go the rest of the month without spending, but I'm running out of staples!
My Cleverly Titled Journal: http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/cleverly-titled-journal/
My Cat's Facebook Page (yes, really): www.facebook.com/chicagotau
Tau now has an Instagram: www.instagram.com/chicagotau or #chicagotau
Ting referral ($25 credit!): https://zds8505smfe.ting.com/
Discover Card referral ($50 now and $50 after your first year! and free credit monitoring): https://refer.discover.com/s/gv3ma

marcela

  • Bristles
  • ***
  • Posts: 388
Re: what did you NOT buy today?
« Reply #602 on: August 30, 2017, 07:53:13 AM »
Lunch. No leftovers from dinner last night and we've been stretching our grocery shops so my work pantry is pretty barren. I grabbed a potato from the frisge this morning and will have a "baked" potato for lunch with butter and cheese we keep at work. Saves me the $5-10 lunch at our on campus eatery would have cost.

alice76

  • 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • *
  • Posts: 57
Re: what did you NOT buy today?
« Reply #603 on: August 30, 2017, 10:19:33 AM »
We borrowed a friend's car instead of paying an exorbitant car rental fee for a rare father/son day trip outside of the city (NYC).

stashja

  • 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • *
  • Posts: 22
Re: what did you NOT buy today?
« Reply #604 on: September 07, 2017, 08:40:05 PM »
Lunch at work. $6 at farmer's market + 99 cent can of chick peas = 3 days of chard, tomato, and sweet potato salad in a box.

Miss Piggy

  • Pencil Stache
  • ****
  • Posts: 878
Re: what did you NOT buy today?
« Reply #605 on: September 08, 2017, 09:12:29 AM »
Yesterday, I did NOT buy a Samsung Gear S2 or S3 watch. I'll use phone apps instead, and that will take care of 90% of what I wanted. Can live without the rest.