Author Topic: what did you NOT buy today?  (Read 137308 times)

Anon in Alaska

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: what did you NOT buy today?
« Reply #600 on: August 28, 2017, 01:18:04 AM »
Bananas for tomorrow. My dad gave me two for helping him "declutter". (Now with 15% less stuff, and the other 85% in a new container....
"Homines est! Dici omnes! Soylens viridis HOMINES EST!"

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #601 on: August 30, 2017, 07:37:11 AM »
I haven't spent money since my Saturday morning groceries. Hoping to go the rest of the month without spending, but I'm running out of staples!
My Cleverly Titled Journal: http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/cleverly-titled-journal/
My Cat's Facebook Page (yes, really): www.facebook.com/chicagotau
Tau now has an Instagram: www.instagram.com/chicagotau or #chicagotau
Discover Card referral ($50 now and $50 after your first year! and free credit monitoring): https://refer.discover.com/s/gv3ma

marcela

• Bristles
« Reply #602 on: August 30, 2017, 07:53:13 AM »
Lunch. No leftovers from dinner last night and we've been stretching our grocery shops so my work pantry is pretty barren. I grabbed a potato from the frisge this morning and will have a "baked" potato for lunch with butter and cheese we keep at work. Saves me the $5-10 lunch at our on campus eatery would have cost.

alice76

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #603 on: August 30, 2017, 10:19:33 AM »
We borrowed a friend's car instead of paying an exorbitant car rental fee for a rare father/son day trip outside of the city (NYC).

stashja

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #604 on: September 07, 2017, 08:40:05 PM »
Lunch at work. $6 at farmer's market + 99 cent can of chick peas = 3 days of chard, tomato, and sweet potato salad in a box.

Miss Piggy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #605 on: September 08, 2017, 09:12:29 AM »
Yesterday, I did NOT buy a Samsung Gear S2 or S3 watch. I'll use phone apps instead, and that will take care of 90% of what I wanted. Can live without the rest.

Luckyvik

• Stubble
« Reply #606 on: November 03, 2017, 02:37:53 PM »
I did not buy a new phone. Instead I paid $60 to get the battery in my iPhone 5s replaced yesterday.

I’m so happy about this :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuffaloStache

• Bristles
« Reply #607 on: November 03, 2017, 05:09:03 PM »
I did not buy a new phone. Instead I paid $60 to get the battery in my iPhone 5s replaced yesterday.

Iím so happy about this :)

I'm going on ~10 months now using a mildly broken phone (charging circuitry broke so I have to turn off the phone and physically remove the battery to charge it). It's somewhat inconvenient, but it will make me feel that much less guilty when I do go get a new phone.
"As a cure for worrying, work is better than whisky." -Thomas Edison

My Log | Take surveys as a side-hustle! Use my referral link

ACyclist

• Stubble
« Reply #608 on: November 03, 2017, 05:39:36 PM »
Coffee at this bistro where I work.

Luckyvik

• Stubble
« Reply #609 on: November 03, 2017, 07:46:13 PM »

I’m so happy about this :)

I'm going on ~10 months now using a mildly broken phone (charging circuitry broke so I have to turn off the phone and physically remove the battery to charge it). It's somewhat inconvenient, but it will make me feel that much less guilty when I do go get a new phone.
Nice one

kaypinkHH

• Bristles
    • My first Journal!
« Reply #610 on: November 06, 2017, 07:10:59 AM »

Good job Buffalo!!! I spent almost 3 years with a broken phone. Volume button was stuck on UP and when I restarted my phone I had to basically hack into it so it didn't go to the manual programming mode. Then my screen broke (but still usable). Then the wifi/gps stopped working. It became a point of pride that I didn't get a new phone. I enjoy testing my tolerance levels :D.

Rural

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #611 on: November 06, 2017, 06:18:50 PM »
Groceries here. Did not buy this weekend or today, which means no fresh fruit or veggies, which is bad, but may not be bad enough to drive me to a store tomorrow, either. I hate grocery shopping. Wonder if I could make it until the coffee runs out?

Dicey

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #612 on: November 06, 2017, 10:56:53 PM »
Never left the house, for the no-spending win!
I did it! I have a journal!
A Lot Like This
And hell yes, I am still moving confidently in the direction of my dreams...

Luckyvik

• Stubble
« Reply #613 on: November 06, 2017, 11:46:32 PM »
 A drink. We had work drinks for Melbourne Cup, once the work tab run out at 4pm others started buying their own drinks, I stopped drinking.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #614 on: November 07, 2017, 10:42:33 PM »
A drink. We had work drinks for Melbourne Cup, once the work tab run out at 4pm others started buying their own drinks, I stopped drinking.

Spot the Aussie. :)

We drank in the office.

MaybeBabyMustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #615 on: November 17, 2017, 12:40:47 PM »
Have a rip in my jeans, scouted out options online. Went home & reviewed my closet again & determined that a pair I thought was too cropped for winter can be unrolled, ironed & replace the ripped jeans.

Luckyvik

• Stubble
« Reply #616 on: November 17, 2017, 02:20:13 PM »

Spot the Aussie. :)

We drank in the office.

ForeverFrugal47

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • A Lannister always pays his debts
« Reply #617 on: November 17, 2017, 02:36:40 PM »
Peroxyl mouthwash.  Dentist recommended it to help treat canker sores.  A small bottle cost $9 and the only active ingredient was hydrogen peroxide.  I left it on the shelf and opted to used some H202 I already had at home.

BuffaloStache

• Bristles
« Reply #618 on: November 18, 2017, 07:38:43 PM »
Lunch out. My wife and I were doing a bunch of errands today and only had some snacks on us during lunch time. Instead we just made leftover food when we got back home. A little later of a lunch, but just as delicious!
"As a cure for worrying, work is better than whisky." -Thomas Edison

My Log | Take surveys as a side-hustle! Use my referral link

Dicey

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #619 on: November 19, 2017, 11:29:25 AM »
Yesterday, DH and I made a foray to the mega outlet mall, because it's near a place we had to be that's off our beaten path. It was horrific. Literally zero parking. We had to lurk until someone left. If we weren't already in the area, we would have hightailed it outta there.

Our shopping list consisted of shoes for DH at the New Balance Store, because he's an 11 EEEE. He found three(!) pair of comfortable shoes in his size. Poor baby, not even all NB 4E's are wide enough...

Our other destination was the Jockey Store, because we both needed new undies.

We went to those two stores and nowhere else. We had a list. I had coupons. Our focus was laser-sharp. We still managed to spend $450.

But that was yesterday. Today, we will spend nothing. Nothing, I tell you! We were too traumatized by that mega outlet mall experience. It was our first trip there and might well be our last. Ugh.
I did it! I have a journal!
A Lot Like This
And hell yes, I am still moving confidently in the direction of my dreams...