Author Topic: What did you eat for breakfast today?  (Read 39181 times)

MaybeBabyMustache

• Pencil Stache
Re: What did you eat for breakfast today?
« Reply #500 on: February 08, 2018, 01:40:17 PM »
-Espresso w/milk
-Greek yogurt with a sprinkle of cereal + a cut banana

MrsTuxedocat

• Bristles
« Reply #501 on: February 12, 2018, 07:31:08 PM »
Oatmeal with a glorious amount of blueberries and spoon of maple syrup. It was divine!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #502 on: February 12, 2018, 08:58:32 PM »
-Espresso w/milk
-Greek yogurt w/some kashi go lean cereal & part of a banana

Chippewa

• Bristles
« Reply #503 on: February 12, 2018, 09:42:41 PM »
cheerios & a banana in almond milk

Surf

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #504 on: February 12, 2018, 10:22:14 PM »
2 eggs over medium, 2 slices sauteed prosciutto, heap of sauteed kale + onions with mixed greens and fresh raspberries.

My friend got me into sauteed prosciutto, crisps up like bacon but thinner and a pack from costco has ~50 slices in it and gets you 25-50 breakfasts depending on how indulgent you want to be!  2 bundles of organic kale is ~$3 and onions are cost effective as well.  Giant box of salad from costco is like $6 and lasts for multiple meals a day for close to a week.

I keep a big container of sauteed kale + onions in the fridge, can top most breakfast/lunches with it.  Eggs and prosciutto fry up consecutively in same pan in either coconut oil or EVOO. 
Raspberries are a rare treat as they are ungodly expensive.  Summertime get them off the bush in the backyard.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 10:24:29 PM by Surf »

EscapeVelocity2020

• Handlebar Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #505 on: February 12, 2018, 11:34:50 PM »
Wow, what a crazy thread.  It's always a breakfast taco and/or banana.  Always a stiff coffee.  But holy crap people are elaborate about their breakfasts here.  I usually only get there by dinner, if I don't skip that entirely most times.  Lunch is my grounding meal of the day.  Sometimes I work out too hard to have a decent dinner, but have a banana and taco for breakfast first before that.  Sometimes I lounge and only need a banana for breakfast the next day.  People's lives seem so complicated and indulgent on these little things.  I honestly never really think about this, nor do I hope to ever indulge obscenely on breakfast in an attempt to waste the day on it being too overly important.  It certainly should not control the rest the the day.
Transitioning to FIRE'd albeit somewhat cautiously...

PrinsKheldar

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #506 on: February 13, 2018, 04:42:38 AM »
Oatmeal, one boiled egg, half glass of milk, and half a cup of coffee

tomita

• Stubble
« Reply #507 on: February 13, 2018, 01:13:42 PM »
oatmeal+ frozen blueberries+avocado+pineapple

jengod

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #508 on: February 13, 2018, 02:06:22 PM »
Hard-boiled egg in the shape of a bunny (leftover lunch reject from one of the kids).
Dried sulphured California apricots.
Salmon salad and crackers.
Black coffee.
Waste is lost profit made visible. #zerowastehome #permaculture

MaybeBabyMustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #509 on: February 13, 2018, 03:04:21 PM »
Wow, what a crazy thread.  It's always a breakfast taco and/or banana.  Always a stiff coffee.  But holy crap people are elaborate about their breakfasts here.  I usually only get there by dinner, if I don't skip that entirely most times.  Lunch is my grounding meal of the day.  Sometimes I work out too hard to have a decent dinner, but have a banana and taco for breakfast first before that.  Sometimes I lounge and only need a banana for breakfast the next day.  People's lives seem so complicated and indulgent on these little things.  I honestly never really think about this, nor do I hope to ever indulge obscenely on breakfast in an attempt to waste the day on it being too overly important.  It certainly should not control the rest the the day.

To each their own? Why would you think it controls the rest of the day? That seems like a strange takeaway where people post what they eat.

Anyway.
-Espresso w/milk
-Egg w/kale & spinach

Rural

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #510 on: February 13, 2018, 04:09:50 PM »

Judgmental much?

I eat peanut butter toast ever damn day except for days like today when I needed to be on the road at 0430; those days it's a protein bar in the car. But I don't think folks who cook a breakfast are letting it control the day. And if I did, I wouldn't say so as it's none of my business.

Chippewa

• Bristles
« Reply #511 on: February 13, 2018, 09:24:30 PM »
egg + Kielbasa + broccoli
green tea

el_ingeniero

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #512 on: February 15, 2018, 05:10:11 AM »
1/2 cup blueberries, 12 oz Kirkland Greek yoghurt, splenda to taste.

brett44ss

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #513 on: February 15, 2018, 05:51:40 AM »
1 pack of Quaker maple banana oatmeal supplemented with a hand full of old fashioned oats (to make taste less sweet) and a handful of walnuts

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

MaybeBabyMustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #514 on: February 15, 2018, 02:16:46 PM »
obscenely wasted another day with my complicated & indulgent breakfast:

-Espresso w/milk
-banana
-4 leftover mini chicken empanadas

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • I earn it, my horses eat it
« Reply #515 on: February 15, 2018, 07:31:48 PM »

LOL.  When I indulge obscenely in breakfast, it's usually a late breakfast on the weekend, then we skip lunch and eat dinner.  I would never let lunch ground and control me on the weekend! :)

Today was a quick breakfast burrito - 3 homegrown eggs, scrambled with homegrown green chile and some sharp cheddar and folded into a tortilla with some extra hot sauce for good measure.

Serendip

• Stubble
« Reply #516 on: February 16, 2018, 08:57:20 AM »
Ha..I love my indulgent mornings :)

turmeric latte
raspberries, granola, seeds, coconut, flax & chia soaked in homebrewed chaga tea. Yum.

mountain mustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #517 on: February 16, 2018, 09:16:38 AM »
My "indulgent" morning consists of delicious espresso that is super complicated and takes me 5 whole minutes to make. Sometimes if I really want to slow my morning down, I'll add almond milk to it. But I don't always have time to open the fridge, that's a lot of effort!
I like to eat an apple and yogurt in the morning too, but I don't want breakfast to control my life, so I only allow myself to have it once a week!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #518 on: February 16, 2018, 10:51:42 AM »
My "indulgent" morning consists of delicious espresso that is super complicated and takes me 5 whole minutes to make. Sometimes if I really want to slow my morning down, I'll add almond milk to it. But I don't always have time to open the fridge, that's a lot of effort!
I like to eat an apple and yogurt in the morning too, but I don't want breakfast to control my life, so I only allow myself to have it once a week!

I sense that your breakfast has truly started to control you, so I do think you might want to look into a different option. Just, chew the beans directly?

MaybeBabyMustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #519 on: February 16, 2018, 10:53:19 AM »
Already feeling dominated by my breakfast this morning. Ate leftovers off of kid plate. (not the espresso - I'm not that foolish)
-Espresso w/milk
-1/3 of a bagel with cream cheese
-Some sliced fruit

dcamnc

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #520 on: February 16, 2018, 03:55:49 PM »
Slice of cold leftover dominos pizza and a large coffee.

Mrs. Rocker

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Off Our Rocker RV
« Reply #521 on: February 16, 2018, 07:11:22 PM »
String cheese and a granola bar. The sun was shining this am and we wanted to go exploring so didn't want to take time cooking.
Living and loving our crazy RV life. www.offourrockerrv.com

Chippewa

• Bristles
« Reply #522 on: February 16, 2018, 08:17:43 PM »
1/2 omelet with lots of veggies
2 turkey sausage
green tea

CutTheFat

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #523 on: February 17, 2018, 07:01:34 AM »
Today I had a cup of coffee and the last of my homemade blueberry muffins.  Now I just have to decide what kind of muffins I'm making for this week....

Prairie Gal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #524 on: February 17, 2018, 09:37:44 AM »
Full fat plain yogurt topped with berries and granola. Yum!

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • I earn it, my horses eat it
« Reply #525 on: February 17, 2018, 11:05:04 AM »
Today I had a cup of coffee and the last of my homemade blueberry muffins.  Now I just have to decide what kind of muffins I'm making for this week....

I made blueberry muffins this morning with buttermilk I froze a couple weeks ago.  Also threw in lemon flavoring and chopped up a banana from the freezer.  Had them with crispy bacon and ramen eggs (firm whites, runny yolks).   So yum!

Chippewa

• Bristles
« Reply #526 on: February 17, 2018, 11:18:34 AM »

I made blueberry muffins this morning with buttermilk I froze a couple weeks ago.  Also threw in lemon flavoring and chopped up a banana from the freezer.  Had them with crispy bacon and ramen eggs (firm whites, runny yolks).   So yum!

@horsepoor sounds delish! I too was just thinking about what kind of muffins to make for next week's meal prep. Maybe some strawberry-chocolate chip muffins.

CutTheFat

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #527 on: February 18, 2018, 08:48:46 AM »

@horsepoor sounds delish! I too was just thinking about what kind of muffins to make for next week's meal prep. Maybe some strawberry-chocolate chip muffins.
Looks like cherry almond it is!  Which is a favorite around here!  I have just about 1 cup of frozen cherries in the freezer, rescued from my fridge this summer.  This is the last of them.

Chippewa

• Bristles
« Reply #528 on: February 18, 2018, 10:32:53 AM »
Oatmeal (mixed berries, chia seeds, brown sugar, almond milk, cacao nibs). WW toast with PB. Green tea and coffee.

Chippewa

• Bristles
« Reply #529 on: February 18, 2018, 06:03:02 PM »

Looks like cherry almond it is!  Which is a favorite around here!  I have just about 1 cup of frozen cherries in the freezer, rescued from my fridge this summer.  This is the last of them.

@CutTheFat do you just deseed the cherries and send them straight into the freezer. I don't buy them often, but it has crossed my mind a few times to figure out how to freeze them for later use.

I made this strawberry-chocolate muffin recipe. Teaching DD's friends how to bake. They came out good. But I would like to add walnuts next time I think. I used Greek yogurt. Batter a bit thick because of it. Just adding Tbsp of almond milk to the batter did the trick. Muffins for week. Check, done.

CutTheFat

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #530 on: February 18, 2018, 06:21:40 PM »

@CutTheFat do you just deseed the cherries and send them straight into the freezer. I don't buy them often, but it has crossed my mind a few times to figure out how to freeze them for later use.
Yes, that's exactly how I do it.  I've used them in smoothies and muffins and they are great.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #531 on: February 19, 2018, 08:24:19 AM »
Yesterday we had bagels w/cream cheese & bananas on the way to skiing. My husband even violated his "no food in the car" rule so we didn't have to stop.

Roadrunner53

• Bristles
« Reply #532 on: February 19, 2018, 08:52:41 AM »
Ate rosemary white bean soup I made from scratch yesterday and a hard boiled egg. Plus, OJ.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #533 on: February 19, 2018, 09:04:45 AM »
Today:
-Espresso w/milk
-Banana
-1/2 a leftover PB&J from or ski trip

Helvegen

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #534 on: February 19, 2018, 09:43:24 AM »
Yesterday, I made 5 grain hot cereal for breakfast with cranberries, raisins, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, Truvia, maple extract, and egg whites. Winco sells this cereal over in the bulk section and I highly recommend it. I think it might even be BRM, but I forget. Anyway, I had some leftover, so I took it to work for breakfast. Looks like I might have breakfast from the leftovers till Wednesday. Also, 12oz of coffee with unsweetened almond milk and Truvia.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #535 on: February 21, 2018, 08:56:36 AM »
Today:
-Espresso w/milk
-leftover peanut butter & jelly from ski trip

Chippewa

• Bristles
« Reply #536 on: February 21, 2018, 01:07:31 PM »
- Oatmeal (w/mixed berries, walnuts, PB and almond milk)
- Coffee
- Green tea

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #537 on: February 21, 2018, 02:22:46 PM »
Dave’s Killer Bread with cream cheese and smoked salmon. Fresh pineapple on the side. Homemade vanilla coffee.

meatgrinder

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #538 on: February 21, 2018, 03:12:55 PM »
Am I'm somehow missing the badass part or is this a thread to increase people's post count?

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #539 on: February 21, 2018, 06:48:56 PM »
Am I'm somehow missing the badass part or is this a thread to increase people's post count?

My post count is plenty high already. I post to get ideas from others and perhaps to give others some new ideas. I eat oatmeal plenty of mornings, but smoked salmon from Sam’s Club is nice, too.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #540 on: February 21, 2018, 07:51:01 PM »
I cannot stop laughing that such an innocuous thread has yielded two such answers on the same page. And, ditto @pbkmaine  - I like to get ideas & see how others make inexpensive breakfasts at home.

Trifele

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #541 on: February 22, 2018, 03:03:42 AM »
Toasted sourdough bread with cream cheese and avocado, black coffee.   Second breakfast in a few hours will be egg and cheese on a toasted English muffin.  (I'm up and going by 4 am every day. I eat second breakfast at work around 9:00)

Rural

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #542 on: February 22, 2018, 05:31:14 AM »
Peanut butter toast as usual, but today I have chickory in my coffee (an expensive treat, which is ironic as it started as a cheap coffee substitute). I'm going to have to start growing chickory.

Serendip

• Stubble
« Reply #543 on: Today at 10:01:19 AM »
Smoothie (red lettuce, frozen cherries, frozen banana, ground flax seed, shredded coconut & water)

MaybeBabyMustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #544 on: Today at 10:23:27 AM »
-Espresso w/milk
-Breakfast sandwich w/out bun