Author Topic: Thrift Store Shopping  (Read 90372 times)

tomita

• Stubble
Re: Thrift Store Shopping
« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2017, 08:16:24 PM »
Found the 8-inch and 10-inch skillets that were missing from my Revereware set. Both were in excellent condition. $12 for the pair.

I'm always on the prowl for cast iron skillets in goodwill or second hand stores.

I read here about the revereware and was on the lookout (thanks ) and got 1 pot and 1 skillet ~ 8$ each; also got 2 lagostina stainless steel skillets also~$8 each,
we just cleaned them and are using them happily.

I'm impressed with the quality, the skillets handlebar is sturdy and the metal goes all the way to the end,   

Mr Mark

• Handlebar Stache
  • Achieved Financial Independence summer 2014. RE'18
« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2017, 09:15:18 PM »
Mr Mark, how do you defuse a bad one?   We love ours and I'm about to tell the chef about freezing pies in the skillet. Love the freezer to oven track!  We need more $2 rusty old cast iron skillets!

Easy! First get rid of any rust with sandpaper or even a wire brush thingy on a drill. Wash thoroughly and immediately dry well (else it will start to rust again almost instantly ).

Set oven to max heat. Put tinfoil underneath rack to catch drips. Coat skillets in lard. Just rub it all over. Then bake skillet for 2 hours. Turn off oven and let it cool. Repeat lard heat cycle (if necessary )

Your crappy rusty cast iron will now be shiny and black and non stick (oil it on cooking surface with olive oil before cooking first time). Don't put it in dishwasher ever. After use hot water and a brush should clean it fine.

MrsTuxedocat

• Bristles
« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2017, 08:15:36 PM »
I went to sally ann and purchased these:

- $8.99 for a pair of super comfy work pants
- two t-shirts for work again, each were $3.99
- J-crew sweater, $6.99
- work out shirt for hubs, $3.99
- I also bought a dolphin cup for .99 (I couldn't say no)

Tuskalusa

• Bristles
« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2017, 09:45:18 PM »
Stopped in the Goodwill this weekend with DS.  We purchased:

- A Rip Stick for DS...the thing was brand new. DS has been wanting one to ride to school.
 - Reading glasses (also brand new...and super cute)
 - Shoes for a wedding

$36 for the haul. And these are all things we will use for a nice long time.

RNwastash

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2017, 11:06:05 PM »
Just bought a new Jones New York Dress and Talbots' pants new with tags for $4 each! SCORE!!

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #155 on: March 07, 2017, 02:38:27 PM »
Goodwill: Another Revereware (4 1/2 qt soup pot with lid), two board games, and the Golden Book of the American Civil War.

Library book sale: They were having a special on children's books, so for $1.20 I picked up 12 paperbacks including an Isaac Asimov history of science and Betsy-Tacy, which I am now reading to my 4yo since we just finished his last read-aloud.

davisgang90

• Handlebar Stache
    • Photography by Rich Davis
« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2017, 08:19:54 AM »
I've gotten lots of great deals at our local goodwill.

My favorite was a solid wood desk with 6 locking drawers (had to buy a new lock for $10) for $30.  This thing is from the 1940s-50s, and is build like a wooden tank.

I plan to refinish it when I retire.

Drole

• Stubble
« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2017, 07:37:45 PM »
It's bulky trash here. Just got me an old school schwinn to fix up a bit. And then I saw some neatly packed bags with straws and plastic cups...perfect for son's b-day next month. Some other random items too....

life_travel

• Stubble
« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2017, 04:13:00 AM »
I lost my metal water bottle that I had for 4 years and incidentally found out that we have a second hand store 1 km away so what do I see when I get there ? Nice metal water bottle for $1.
They had 50% off on all clothes but I didn't want to buy just for buying sake so only one top for me for $1.50 :) however the main purchase was this gorgeous , almost new , white cotton bedspread that I'm still in love with . it's proving to be better quality for $7 than a new one I bought a couple years ago for $80.

MrsTuxedocat

• Bristles
« Reply #159 on: March 09, 2017, 06:23:21 PM »
I lost my metal water bottle that I had for 4 years and incidentally found out that we have a second hand store 1 km away so what do I see when I get there ? Nice metal water bottle for $1.
They had 50% off on all clothes but I didn't want to buy just for buying sake so only one top for me for $1.50 :) however the main purchase was this gorgeous , almost new , white cotton bedspread that I'm still in love with . it's proving to be better quality for $7 than a new one I bought a couple years ago for $80.

Good finds! I also buy my water bottles from thrift stores. My best water bottle find is a brand new sigg water bottle for $3.

Hadilly

• Bristles
« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2017, 10:05:21 PM »
Recently bought a new sports bra and pretty Lucy shirt for exercise, as well as some really nice Athleta and Nike leggings. Can you tell I am upping my workout wardrobe on the cheap?

Tried to find new leotards for my kids but no luck. Yet.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2017, 11:17:48 PM »
Found the 8-inch and 10-inch skillets that were missing from my Revereware set. Both were in excellent condition. $12 for the pair.

I'm always on the prowl for cast iron skillets in goodwill or second hand stores.

I read here about the revereware and was on the lookout (thanks ) and got 1 pot and 1 skillet ~ 8$ each; also got 2 lagostina stainless steel skillets also~$8 each,
we just cleaned them and are using them happily.

I'm impressed with the quality, the skillets handlebar is sturdy and the metal goes all the way to the end,
Hey, you Revere Ware discoverers! I grew up with that stuff, 'cause I'm from one of the cities where it was made. There were several factories around the country. If there's a city name stamped on the bottom, that's one way of telling if you've got the good, old stuff in your hand..

Anyway, my pro tip is to use lemon juice and salt to make those copper bottoms look brand new. Works like magic.

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #162 on: March 10, 2017, 11:41:56 AM »
I am going to hit up the Goodwill and Salvation Army in my area this weekend to look for an old toaster and some silverware. I just got an apartment and don't want to buy a bunch of new stuff, creating more and more waste.

Stachey

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #163 on: March 10, 2017, 11:49:49 AM »
It's 99 cent sweater sale today at the Sally Anns in Canada!

sparkytheop

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #164 on: March 10, 2017, 12:24:52 PM »
The Goodwill in my town is awful, everything is way overpriced.  Yesterday I was in "the big city" where they have a pretty decent Goodwill.  Turns out they *had* a pretty decent Goodwill.  Signs are gone, store is dark and empty. 

nara

• Stubble
« Reply #165 on: March 10, 2017, 06:52:16 PM »
I admit this thread got me hooked into shopping at Goodwill (I have never really been excited about thrift stores). On my last two trips I got a perfectly good bread machine for $12.99 that I have already used twice using MMM's whole wheat bread machine recipe, two designer sweaters for $6-$8, a new pair of designer jeans for $8 (they retail for $80 at Nordstrom's), and a brand new pair of muck boots for $19.99 (they sell for $26 brand new on Amazon-- so not the best deal). I want to go every weekend now!!!

life_travel

• Stubble
« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2017, 05:44:17 AM »
Last Wednesday I stopped at the pet store to buy dog food and there's a second hand store next to it.

I stopped in just to see and found a pair of Express jeans for $7 in almost perfect condition and an Old Navy vest (think Marty McFly) for $6.  As I was walking to the register I remember seeing the 50% on merchandise every Thursday sign out front, so I quickly put the items back and went the next day. Got it all for $7. 

I took a gamble on the pieces not being there the next day, but I couldn't see paying full price just cause.  Luckily the store is on my way home, so no extra driving.
That's amazing !

bigalsmith101

• Pencil Stache
  • Yes, that's really my face.
    • No Jobs, No Responsibilities, No Better Time then Now
« Reply #167 on: March 13, 2017, 12:25:59 PM »
Dropped into the local thrift store and came out with a $2.99 harness for our dog. His last was torn up beyond feasible repair when he went a bit crazy during a bicycle ride.

Also got a sweet organizer for paper work as I transition into my new job which is 100% from home.

MishMash

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #168 on: March 13, 2017, 12:57:49 PM »
Got a first edition first print Harry Potter and the sorcerers stone for a buck this weekend.  Sells for a couple hundred online.

ranjithfire2028

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #169 on: March 13, 2017, 01:21:23 PM »
I'm a fan of good thrift stores. Except for our couch, all of other furnitures are from thrift stores. Coffee table, end tables, office desk, office chair, wood bookstand, large armoire. I got them all for under $200, all in decent condition.

tomita

• Stubble
« Reply #170 on: March 13, 2017, 08:19:45 PM »
SCORE:
patagonia sport bra
sugoi biking jersey
conrad C fancy shirt (like new)
sweater ( style &Co)
=====
all 21$

SweetLife

• Bristles
« Reply #171 on: March 15, 2017, 07:20:26 AM »
I am a Thrift Store shopper too !!! I have stopped going to Value Village altogether though I find the prices are so high now! Work our pants 12.99??? You can buy them new for that! Sweaters - 14.99??? Jeans are also over $10/pair ... so now I started going to the Salvation army and their prices are way more reasonable! Almost 1/3 of the VV prices.

sparkytheop

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #172 on: March 15, 2017, 10:46:42 AM »
After my quilt group on Mondays, I usually stop at the St. Vincent de Paul down the street.  Some days I get stuff, some days I don't (I always check their fabric section).

This time there wasn't any fabric I wanted, but I did find two pairs of dress pants for my son.  He is a harder fit for the store in town since he is tall, so I paid the full price of $5 each instead of waiting until their color of tag went on sale.  They were still a great deal compared to new prices though.

MrsTuxedocat

• Bristles
« Reply #173 on: March 15, 2017, 06:37:59 PM »
I am a Thrift Store shopper too !!! I have stopped going to Value Village altogether though I find the prices are so high now! Work our pants 12.99??? You can buy them new for that! Sweaters - 14.99??? Jeans are also over $10/pair ... so now I started going to the Salvation army and their prices are way more reasonable! Almost 1/3 of the VV prices.

Agreed! I went to VV a few months back after many years of not going and thought the prices were outrageous.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #174 on: March 18, 2017, 11:50:49 PM »

Agreed! I went to VV a few months back after many years of not going and thought the prices were outrageous.
I agree that the prices are higher than elsewhere - but I went to my VV today, and man, a lot of the stuff is in much nicer condition for that extra 20-30% more cost.

I found two (TWO!) pairs of Clarks's shoes in my exact size, with only minor wear, no weird seam failures and no strange footbed wear in.     Note - both are black leather and the general style that I had been shopping online all week to find... not some weird purple pump or anything.

Of course, a light scarf, three t-shirts, a skirt and three like-new water bottles later.... I need to clear out my closet.  Get rid of shirts with holes and pants that don't fit.

Notasoccermom

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2017, 08:22:43 PM »
I once found a brand new baby bjorn baby carrier. Retailed for $130. Thrift store wanted $15. Used it for 2 kids, and resold it for $50.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #176 on: March 20, 2017, 12:18:36 AM »
Got a first edition first print Harry Potter and the sorcerers stone for a buck this weekend.  Sells for a couple hundred online.

I had no idea those books were skyrocketing in value.  Now I know to look for them.
Kind of embarrassed to ask this, but how can you tell it's a "first edition first print"?

SweetLife

• Bristles
« Reply #177 on: March 20, 2017, 07:21:04 AM »
I am a very picky clothing shopper! Even when I wasn't frugal, I could spend all day shopping at the mall and come home with nothing. I also own a business and feel the need to present myself in a way that doesn't come off as cheap. I buy lightly used designer clothing from Thredup.com. They have an under $15 section and they give $10 to new customers on their first purchase. They occasionally have 20% off coupon codes and free shipping on orders over $79. For my last purchase I got 8 designer sweaters for $10! It beats stinky grandma goodwill clothes IMO!

... tried to sign up for this Thred up ... unfortunately they won't let me as I am in Canada :(

SweetLife

• Bristles
« Reply #178 on: March 20, 2017, 07:28:47 AM »
Not being totally satisfied with the black pants I bought yesterday, and knowing that it would be helpful to have a 2nd pair of them, I hit Value Village today when I was in the neighbourhood of one.

Did much better with keeping myself to just a couple of items, but being VV instead of Sal Army, the price was not as good.  I did find a GREAT pair of black pants, like new condition, Ann Taylor brand.  They were $15 (compared to would have been price at Sal Army - $6).  Also got a gorgeous red cardigan/wrap type thing that I think I will wear often, and which will eventually likely take the place of a black cardigan/wrap type thing I have been wearing a lot of, and that is starting to look a bit worn.  $13 - also more than the same item would have been at SA.  Also found a fake blouse under a black cardigan thing that looked really nice on, and will be good for those days when I need to look professional but don't need to wear a clerical shirt.  That is a minor gap in my wardrobe that I'm happy to have something to fill in with, and for only $4.

Very disappointed in Value Village these days ... prices have gotten so high I won't be shopping there anymore. Salvation Army has the same goods at better prices (at least in Windsor area). And when I found out they give back so little I was pretty disappointed in their management (management makes big $$ gives only 5% of revenue to the cause...) sad really ... all donated stuff!

SweetLife

• Bristles
« Reply #179 on: March 20, 2017, 07:48:31 AM »
Friday March 24 Salvation army stores have 50% off (and coupons on their website to print out) ... happy shopping. I have to work all day so will miss it lol...

sparkytheop

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #180 on: March 20, 2017, 11:04:54 AM »
I can't find anything about the sale/coupons :(  Maybe it's just in Canada?

sparkytheop

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #181 on: March 20, 2017, 11:08:41 AM »
I bought a foodsaver vacuum pack/sealer thing at SVdP recently ($5).  I get a lot of use out of the one I have.  I might leave one at work for a night when I do a lot of food processing (I love my job... )  I've brought in a big chunk of sirloin with the intent to cut it up and freeze it, then realized I forgot the bags or the sealer at home.  Did the same thing a couple weeks ago when I brought a few pounds of asparagus to blanch and freeze.

BethAnnieT

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #182 on: March 23, 2017, 08:53:41 AM »
My daughter (age 11) has recently started a business where she uses outgrown and thrifted clothes as fabric to make things. After going through her own box of outgrown clothing and using what was possible, we went to our local Thrift Town on a sale day; all clothes were 50% off, with some at 80% off.

We ended up with about 30 items of clothing all for about $45. But the big thing was that we found two 100% cashmere sweaters and an angora sweater. One cashmere was $5, one was $2, and the angora was $1. Personally I am doing "no new clothes for myself in 2017" self-challenge... but I might let myself wear that angora sweater once or twice before she cuts it up. And she has taken the orange cashmere for herself until she outgrows it.

Drole

• Stubble
« Reply #183 on: March 23, 2017, 01:57:43 PM »
My daughter (age 11) has recently started a business where she uses outgrown and thrifted clothes as fabric to make things.
Is she selling online or just in your community? Can you post pix? I'm trying to get my daughter started...right now we are starting to use dad's old button down shirts for making into drawstring bags for bday gifts. And i'll make this part of Homemade Xmas challenge too.  But other project ideas and ways to sell would be great!

MishMash

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2017, 10:21:51 AM »

I had no idea those books were skyrocketing in value.  Now I know to look for them.
Kind of embarrassed to ask this, but how can you tell it's a "first edition first print"?

On the title pages there is a chain of numbers down at the bottom, first runs are marked with 1 3 5 7 9 10 8 6 4 2 8 9/9 0/0 01 02  The numbers change with each printing.

Arktinkerer

• Bristles
« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2017, 10:25:34 AM »
Surprised nobody popped in with this song.  I like this cover better than the original...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDNR2eddQqc

MrsTuxedocat

• Bristles
« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2017, 06:44:06 PM »
Hehe, this is our spirit song.

Okay, so not the best deal because I bought the following items at a consignment store but each item was beautiful and good quality.

1). Lululemon pants $36
2). Bamboo flowy shirt $22

Hadilly

• Bristles
« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2017, 09:49:26 PM »
MrsTuxedoCat: I will join you in the expensive thrift purchases. Bought a gorgeous, shell pink Italian cashmere sweater yesterday for $50. New, I'm guessing it retailed $500+.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2017, 01:02:22 AM »

https://www.abebooks.com/docs/harry-potter/hp-collecting-guide.shtml

Oh, thank you!

LindseyC

• Stubble
« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2017, 12:50:07 PM »
I bought two identical frames at the thrift shop today for $5. I fell in love with the shape of them.

SweetLife

• Bristles
« Reply #190 on: April 03, 2017, 11:54:40 AM »
Michael Kors purse at VV in Ottawa over the weekend ... $12 ... GORGEOUS!!!!

And my girlfriend and I found out it is possible to BARGAIN!!!! :) woop woop

MrsTuxedocat

• Bristles
« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2017, 11:48:00 PM »
I have been trying to find a new dress for a wedding, and finally found one at a consignment store. It wasn't cheap, but pretty good quality and a beautiful coral colour. It was $35.

Drole

• Stubble
« Reply #192 on: April 16, 2017, 08:02:08 AM »
I have been trying to find a new dress for a wedding, and finally found one at a consignment store. It wasn't cheap, but pretty good quality and a beautiful coral colour. It was $35.

I read these and think how lucky I am......we've got 25-cents day at one store (too crazy that day so I usually go on 50-cents day), and then 3 other shops where they put on great sales (dollar day...etc).

paddedhat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #193 on: April 16, 2017, 09:19:46 AM »
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5798612.html

Here's one article to get you started. Do some googling about thrift store excess. Let go of the guilt.

I bought almost all my clothes from thrift stores while I was in grad school, and spent some time talking to the employees.  Every single one said they received far more donations than they could ever sell (even the tiny local ones!), and routinely dumped massive amounts of clothing to other dealers (rags, etc.).  If they physically can't move all their inventory, any purchase is better than no purchase.  And I've never noticed "lack of supply" as an issue in my local thrift stores.  I never feel guilty, and usually feel really good, about thrift store shopping!

Yeah they get way more than they can handle. I donate around the backside of my thrift store, and they have literally piles upon piles of stuff on their loading docks.
My wife had done some volunteer work at thrift in a poor rural area of Florida. She would literally show up before 8 AM, leave at 5 PM, bust her ass all day, along with at least one other person, and barely make a dent in the incoming supply of clothing. It was nothing to have a single donation of 6-7 stuffed 30 gallon garbage bags full of top quality clothes, some never used, with tags on. The store was an extremely successful non-profit, pumping almost a million dollars back into the local community every year. The clothing had three grades. Top grade headed straight to the racks in the store. Grade two went to local non-profits that helped the extremely poor and homeless, to be distributed for free. Grade three was picked up buy an NGO that shipped it to places like Haiti to be distributed for free.

When it comes to "hurting the poor", everywhere that we volunteer is quite the opposite. Not only do the poor, rich and the rest of us, end up shopping at the same place, for great bargains, but thrift non-profits can pump shocking amounts of cash back into the community. A $6 tee shirt from Walmart might return a few cents into the local economy. A donated clothing article,  that sells for $4 at a thrift non-profit can put most of that cash right back into the community. I would rather see my money end up going to my local Habitat for Humanity project, or homeless outreach, that ending up in the hands of the Walton family ,as they stockpile their billions.

nouveauRiche

• Bristles
« Reply #194 on: April 16, 2017, 08:35:45 PM »
Hear, hear.

MBot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #195 on: April 16, 2017, 08:54:56 PM »
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5798612.html

Here's one article to get you started. Do some googling about thrift store excess. Let go of the guilt.

I bought almost all my clothes from thrift stores while I was in grad school, and spent some time talking to the employees.  Every single one said they received far more donations than they could ever sell (even the tiny local ones!), and routinely dumped massive amounts of clothing to other dealers (rags, etc.).  If they physically can't move all their inventory, any purchase is better than no purchase.  And I've never noticed "lack of supply" as an issue in my local thrift stores.  I never feel guilty, and usually feel really good, about thrift store shopping!

Yeah they get way more than they can handle. I donate around the backside of my thrift store, and they have literally piles upon piles of stuff on their loading docks.
My wife had done some volunteer work at thrift in a poor rural area of Florida. She would literally show up before 8 AM, leave at 5 PM, bust her ass all day, along with at least one other person, and barely make a dent in the incoming supply of clothing. It was nothing to have a single donation of 6-7 stuffed 30 gallon garbage bags full of top quality clothes, some never used, with tags on. The store was an extremely successful non-profit, pumping almost a million dollars back into the local community every year. The clothing had three grades. Top grade headed straight to the racks in the store. Grade two went to local non-profits that helped the extremely poor and homeless, to be distributed for free. Grade three was picked up buy an NGO that shipped it to places like Haiti to be distributed for free.

When it comes to "hurting the poor", everywhere that we volunteer is quite the opposite. Not only do the poor, rich and the rest of us, end up shopping at the same place, for great bargains, but thrift non-profits can pump shocking amounts of cash back into the community. A $6 tee shirt from Walmart might return a few cents into the local economy. A donated clothing article,  that sells for $4 at a thrift non-profit can put most of that cash right back into the community. I would rather see my money end up going to my local Habitat for Humanity project, or homeless outreach, that ending up in the hands of the Walton family ,as they stockpile their billions.

While I'd find it difficult to argue that shipping used clothing overseas is always a good idea, I completely agree on what was done with Grade 1 and 2 clothing here. Thrift store shopping and donating may be a stopgap solution to our wild overabundance and fast fashion cycles, but why not do as much as we can in the meantime?

Arktinkerer

• Bristles
« Reply #196 on: April 17, 2017, 12:03:32 PM »
Just took care of son's prom tux!  Several thrift stores for the various parts.  Did give in on the shirt--got it at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon though.  Total for prom outfit <$25.

MrsTuxedocat

• Bristles
« Reply #197 on: April 17, 2017, 09:23:38 PM »

I read these and think how lucky I am......we've got 25-cents day at one store (too crazy that day so I usually go on 50-cents day), and then 3 other shops where they put on great sales (dollar day...etc).

I know -- I feel kinda ridiculous posting it here. However, I have been trying to find a wedding dress since the New Year and it is lovely.

KJ

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2017, 06:36:08 PM »
Here in Australia these shops are called Op shops.  A lot of people I know shop at them and not only if you don't have much money, but to recycle, reuse, re-purpose.

One girl I know buys jewellery at Op shops and makes them into other jewellery.

I recently spent $6 on six items from the $1 rack, which is a rarity, and I have a book addiction and so I buy a lot of books there too.  One of our local shops has the majority of their clothes for $2, it is the only one in our area to do so.

Our son is now 19 and volunteered in an Op shop for a couple of years when he was at school and after for a bit too and knows he gets more bang for his buck there when he needs something.  He doesn't have a lot of money and is careful what he spends it on, he is happy to spend more money on things he really wants and is important to him but he always researches his prices and often buys second hand.

I do know some people who despite not having a lot of money, will not shop in Op shops and laugh at those of us who do.  However, they have said "oh but you are rich", NOT, they don't understand that we don't spend on always going to the movies, eating out, buying clothes new, buying expensive groceries. 

We don't do those things so we can have the money to do things that are important to us, like travel and live out of town on our little acreage, and enrol in courses for further education.

Drole

• Stubble
« Reply #199 on: April 19, 2017, 10:55:45 AM »

Our son is now 19 and volunteered in an Op shop for a couple of years when he was at school and after for a bit too and knows he gets more bang for his buck there when he needs something.  He doesn't have a lot of money and is careful what he spends it on, he is happy to spend more money on things he really wants and is important to him but he always researches his prices and often buys second hand.

This is such a good idea...need to remember this idea for my kids.  Not just the shop there side of things, but volunteer and really get the message delivered..  :-)