Author Topic: The Power of Badassity  (Read 1470 times)

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
The Power of Badassity
« on: February 10, 2019, 07:27:59 AM »
 My wife and I were frugal from the first year of our 37 year marriage. We started investing in Vanguard fairly early and have continued. We created a very nice nestegg on an only slightly
above the median houshold income. (I used our SS earning statements and inflation adjusted those to arrive at that conclusion.)
 Now, in our later years, we have what some would consider major setbacks.
 We recently went through hurricane Michael and had considerable damage to our home and property. We also lost our business which provided our modest family income. Also, we have two kids in College, one in Dental school at $65k to $70k a year that we pay for.
 But through the great power of Badassity, we have zero financial stress.
 None of the costs matter, none of the lost income matters.
 As of the hurricane we have retired and the Badassity of living on less than you earn is in full bloom! Such a joy to realize.

Tyson

• Magnum Stache
Re: The Power of Badassity
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 09:53:53 AM »
Man, what a great post.  I'm going through some adversity myself and it's so good to hear from someone that's stayed the course and is reaping the long term benefits. 

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
Re: The Power of Badassity
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 10:13:01 AM »
Man, what a great post.  I'm going through some adversity myself and it's so good to hear from someone that's stayed the course and is reaping the long term benefits.

Hope things work out well for you.
Money can't buy happiness, but it can prevent a lot of pain and heartache.