Author Topic: The Most Mustachian Vehicle...  (Read 2891 times)

familyFIguy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
The Most Mustachian Vehicle...
« on: August 06, 2018, 11:03:14 AM »
An Ode To My Minivan

Toyota Sienna oh how I love thee!
You haul all I need, and my children three.

Who needs a truck when we have you instead?
Your interior is much larger than a pickup bed.

Your seats they fold down, pop out, and go;
when it is much more than kiddos we need to stow.

The money we save by not owning a truck,
or flying a plane like a spendy 'ol shmuck;
is enough to justifying buying a Christmas tree,
making a dump run, or driving to the sea.

So we raise our glasses to you,
though your mileage isn't great;
three cheers for Japan!
from this happy cheapskate!

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
Re: The Most Mustachian Vehicle...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 11:08:47 AM »
nice poem

but the most mustachian vehicle is a bike i'm pretty sure - probably should call this "most mustachian automobile" - you'll probably still get flack there for how inefficient it is.

familyFIguy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 08:05:12 PM »
ah tough crowd...

Brother Esau

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 05:17:37 AM »
MMMobile

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 05:59:35 AM »
ah tough crowd...

Haha, yeah you might be hard pressed to get folks on board with a van being mustachian. It was a great poem!

Schmidty

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 07:52:11 AM »
Love the poem!!!   Kudos.  :)

I own a minivan, as well, and I love it.  I do not live in a bike friendly city, and am miles from town with industrial roads with no shoulders.  The versatility of the minivan can't be beat.  The stow-n-go seats are a wonder.  Bought mine for $1500 cash, since they aren't as cool as SUV's to 'normal' thinkers.  They do all you say and more.  :)

Simple Dad

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 07:18:34 PM »
I have an 07 Sienna.  It has 182,000 miles on it.  It is covered in dents from a major hail storm we had 4 years ago.  I kept the insurance money and just kept on driving it.  It has a few issues but we just keep putting the miles on it.  I love our Toyota.  Got it in 2009 with a little over 20,000 miles on it and is has been great.  Hoping for another 100k miles it.  Great poem.

Davnasty

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 06:32:01 AM »
I have an 07 Sienna.  It has 182,000 miles on it.  It is covered in dents from a major hail storm we had 4 years ago.  I kept the insurance money and just kept on driving it.  It has a few issues but we just keep putting the miles on it.  I love our Toyota.  Got it in 2009 with a little over 20,000 miles on it and is has been great.  Hoping for another 100k miles it.  Great poem.

Like winning the lottery when you didn't even play. I'm jealous.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 06:57:05 AM »
I have one of the most anti-mustachian vehicles, but it fully meets my needs.  A Wrangler Unlimited.  I'll start by saying that because it meets the 4 door requirement for my employer, I'm paid a monthly car plan allowance that more than pays for owning the vehicle, all tax, maintenance, gas, everything.

I plow the snow off my driveway.  Before owning a plow vehicle, I got an estimate for plowing after a big storm.  $300.

I daily drive the 5 miles to work.  I sort of like not being killed by texting teenage girls driving Rubicons.....which is typical in my town.

I'm active in an offroading club.  I guarantee you won't get any mini-van or prius up the access road to last weekend's trail run.

It's a convertible, if I want it to be.  It pulls my trailer so I can bring a ton of branches to the recycle center after lots of damaging winter storms.

And something you'll never, ever get in a mini van......Jeep Wave!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:59:00 AM by Car Jack »

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 07:14:46 AM »
I plow the snow off my driveway.  Before owning a plow vehicle, I got an estimate for plowing after a big storm.  $300.

driftwood

• Bristles
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 07:36:30 AM »
An Ode To My Minivan

Toyota Sienna oh how I love thee!
You haul all I need, and my children three.

Being a fellow Sienna owner, I really appreciate this post. Just moved back to the US from the UK and bought a '99. I love it. When I furnished my apt I had some people questioning what it could hold...challenge accepted. I don't care to debate if it's mustachian or not, but it is awesome.

Dancin'Dog

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 09:34:40 PM »
Vans are great.  The only regret I ever had about getting one was that I didn't get it earlier.  I just passed it on to a friend in need a few months ago, so I'll be van shopping soon. 

Anything that is as empowering as a van can be has to be mustachian!