Author Topic: Spotify Family, Friends  (Read 8095 times)

LeoJlLeBrut

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Spotify Family, Friends
« on: April 25, 2016, 02:28:50 PM »
Family and Friends rate brings the subscription costs down to $6 a month (I'm still hunting for more friends). I suppose in true MMM style I would not be having a Spotify subscription but doing something like buying used CD's from Goodwill or using the library (or in the extreme, not listening to music)...but I find the service to be a big value (for me, not everyone) -- an incredible amount of content and I really don't like owning CDs or LPs, etc... so away they go, to good homes I presume. I can download the Spotify music to my (Republic Wireless) phone and so can save on data charges while I'm out walking.

alsoknownasDean

• Magnum Stache
Re: Spotify Family, Friends
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 02:19:58 AM »
Family and Friends rate brings the subscription costs down to $6 a month (I'm still hunting for more friends). I suppose in true MMM style I would not be having a Spotify subscription but doing something like buying used CD's from Goodwill or using the library (or in the extreme, not listening to music)...but I find the service to be a big value (for me, not everyone) -- an incredible amount of content and I really don't like owning CDs or LPs, etc... so away they go, to good homes I presume. I can download the Spotify music to my (Republic Wireless) phone and so can save on data charges while I'm out walking.

MMM himself has (or maybe had) a paid Pandora account.

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2011/09/23/3-per-month-the-largest-possible-music-budget/

I don't think that six (or even ten) bucks for Spotify is antimustachian if it's important to you. :)

rgregory

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 06:26:35 PM »
A few weeks ago I made a post about how I got Spotify for 50% off by buying a one year subscription code on Ebay. Make sure to read the description, but you should find a code for about $50 for a year. This way you don't have to share an account with friends or family.

LeoJlLeBrut

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 12:58:29 AM »
Thanks for the response - here's the thing though -- no sharing of the account. It's just a group rate...every has their own account, playlists.

Blonde Lawyer

• Pencil Stache
    • My Student Loan Refi Story
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 08:05:27 AM »
They have a really cheap student rate too.  My husband's is $4/month I think?