Author Topic: removed  (Read 287794 times)

lexde

• Magnum Stache
Re: Southwest 100,000 bonus points + 2 years of Companion Status badass offer
« Reply #650 on: October 03, 2017, 07:14:40 PM »
30-day, by mail on Plus and Premier. Bummer, because I have some large expenses this month that would put me most of the way to both spends.

Would going into a branch do anything to speed this process up?
See my above response. Call automated line. Google "Reddit chase approval flowchart" and follow those instructions. I got the 30-day but was approved the following day so don't worry!

CowboyAndIndian

• Handlebar Stache
    • KOWines: Deep discount wine/spirits store.
« Reply #651 on: October 03, 2017, 07:33:34 PM »
Got approved for the business and the Premier Card.

Now a fine balance to make the spends close to $2k/$3k by end of year so that I can go over the top in January.

Thanks for all the ideas.
FYI you might want to stay closer to 50% of minimum spend until January since they have been awarding point bonuses early if you're just a few hundred off

Thanks Lexde. That would be horrible, losing almost a year of companion pass.

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #652 on: October 03, 2017, 07:35:12 PM »
Got approved for the business and the Premier Card.

Now a fine balance to make the spends close to $2k/$3k by end of year so that I can go over the top in January.

Thanks for all the ideas.
FYI you might want to stay closer to 50% of minimum spend until January since they have been awarding point bonuses early if you're just a few hundred off

Thanks Lexde. That would be horrible, losing almost a year of companion pass.
Yeah, the people that got that are fighting it, but (1) it's not worth the trouble if you can delay spend; and (2) it's going to be hard fighting what Chase considers a "favor" by being lenient with the points. D: I couldn't imagine. I'm not touching my cards until December!

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #653 on: October 03, 2017, 10:19:53 PM »
Just hit me how crazy what just happened is.  A bank - a large bank - just agreed to in excess of $50K of revolving credit.  And they're going to give me $1500+ worth of airfare.  And the airline is going to match that.  All took maybe 10 minutes of my time.  And this is the third time since 2015 they've done this for our household - finally got the timing right on this deal.  How is this possible?

Haha, totally. So many things about the FIRE life is like this. Getting rent checks, or dividend checks is a similar feeling. Getting paid from tradeline sales. So many "how crazy is this world we're in?" thoughts (in a good way).

If you're over the 5/24 rule, from what I've read, there's nothing that will be done - you're SOL until enough time has passed without getting any new cards from anybody.

Branded cards (like SW) may be exempt from Chase's 5/24 (only their cards, like Sapphire and Freedom definitely have that rule).

Are you sure about this?

I got the dreaded "we'll mail you in 30 days" message

Thank you for your request.

We need to review your request a little longer. We will let you know of our decision by U.S. mail. This could take up to 30 days.

Thank you for choosing Southwest Rapid RewardsŪ Plus Credit Card from Chase.

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #654 on: October 03, 2017, 10:22:54 PM »
30-day, by mail on Plus and Premier. Bummer, because I have some large expenses this month that would put me most of the way to both spends.

See my above response. Call automated line. Google "Reddit chase approval flowchart" and follow those instructions. I got the 30-day but was approved the following day so don't worry!

Lexde,

When you called, were you able to get both cards or just 1?

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #655 on: October 04, 2017, 03:20:59 AM »

Lexde,

When you called, were you able to get both cards or just 1?
Followed the flow chart, didn't have to do human recon just called the robo-verification. I got Premier business first (5/24 sensitive but doesn't add to 5/24 count) then applied for and approved for personal Plus the next day and was approved. Both got 30-day notice, which means they hadn't immediately processed the app. Took a day of calling back to get the message to change.

Walked my mom through this too. She got 30 days... then 7-10 days (soft decline) and had to call and recon both cards but ended up getting them.

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #656 on: October 04, 2017, 03:22:43 AM »
Just hit me how crazy what just happened is.  A bank - a large bank - just agreed to in excess of $50K of revolving credit.  And they're going to give me $1500+ worth of airfare.  And the airline is going to match that.  All took maybe 10 minutes of my time.  And this is the third time since 2015 they've done this for our household - finally got the timing right on this deal.  How is this possible?

Haha, totally. So many things about the FIRE life is like this. Getting rent checks, or dividend checks is a similar feeling. Getting paid from tradeline sales. So many "how crazy is this world we're in?" thoughts (in a good way).

If you're over the 5/24 rule, from what I've read, there's nothing that will be done - you're SOL until enough time has passed without getting any new cards from anybody.

Branded cards (like SW) may be exempt from Chase's 5/24 (only their cards, like Sapphire and Freedom definitely have that rule).

Are you sure about this?

We need to review your request a little longer. We will let you know of our decision by U.S. mail. This could take up to 30 days.

Thank you for choosing Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card from Chase.
Chase Southwest cards are 5/24 sensitive and will auto-decline. Biz cards are 5/24 sensitive but won't add to your 5/24 count.

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #657 on: October 04, 2017, 08:14:30 AM »
So if I call the auto-recon and it changes to approved, does that mean I'll get the cards relatively soon? Or will it still take 30 days?

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #658 on: October 04, 2017, 08:20:17 AM »
So if I call the auto-recon and it changes to approved, does that mean I'll get the cards relatively soon? Or will it still take 30 days?
They send it as soon as it's approved. 30 days is just the placeholder while they make a decision.

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #659 on: October 04, 2017, 08:28:18 AM »
They send it as soon as it's approved. 30 days is just the placeholder while they make a decision.
Awesome. Thanks for the info!

Rubyvroom

• Bristles
« Reply #660 on: October 04, 2017, 08:58:06 AM »
In case anyone is wondering - looks like the end date for the current 60K promotion will be 10/4.

https://millionmilesecrets.com/2017/09/13/heads-up-earning-the-best-deal-in-travel-will-soon-become-more-difficult/?utm_source=FB&utm_medium=FB+MMS&utm_campaign=Blog&campaign_id=FB_6080518742826_6080752174026_6080752174226

PTF, and also thank you for noting this expiration! I didn't realize this was ending so soon and was able to apply and got approved on two cards today. I had been skurking in this thread for a week or so but hadn't acted on it yet, so I'm glad you posted this to get my butt in gear.

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #661 on: October 04, 2017, 09:05:43 AM »
What is the bonus dropping to when the 60K goes away?
Seems like the baseline is 40K now.  Used to be 25K and would kick up to 50K, now seems to be 40K/60K.  Of course, ultimately Chase determines what bonus, if any, will be offered.

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #662 on: October 04, 2017, 11:18:06 AM »

quick advice seeking post.  Applied for business and personal on 9/29.  Instantly approved.  However, after applying i accidentally realized i used my wifes FF # having grabed her rapid rewards card by accident.  I was worried a bit because their appears to be no way online to change the RR number of the account.  Should i wait until i get the cards, not worry or call cust service now and try to  correct it?  i didnt want to flag that i applied for two cards and have some note on the account disrupt my reward status. 

Any advice?
SM them ASAP. Applying for two cards isn't against any rules and you aren't using any loopholes. Send a SM connected to the card with the wrong RR# so you have it in writing to CYA. They won't mess with the terms of the card or bonus since you aren't doing anything wrong.
Done.  Only the automated reply so far.  Do you also recommend confirming the spend by dates via SM?  I may do that after i get this issue settled, but could ask both questions.
I did, just as a CYA. I keep everything in separate SMs and save screenshots until I'm awarded the pass. It's overkill but I'd rather be safe than sorry! Definitely wait until you have either the 7-10 or 2-week message on the automated line before proceeding. Good luck!!

SimpleCycle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #663 on: October 04, 2017, 11:34:33 AM »
I'm pretty new to this credit card hacking thing - can you apply for a personal Plus and a personal Premier, or does one need to be a business card?

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #664 on: October 04, 2017, 11:36:46 AM »
I'm pretty new to this credit card hacking thing - can you apply for a personal Plus and a personal Premier, or does one need to be a business card?
I did both personals.

Rubyvroom

• Bristles
« Reply #665 on: October 04, 2017, 11:39:33 AM »
I did both personals.

Same. Did both personal cards just today.

nawhite

• Handlebar Stache
    • The Reckless Choice
« Reply #666 on: October 04, 2017, 11:51:51 AM »
Applied for both the business and plus card today and got "we need more time to consider. you'll hear back in 30 days by mail."

I assume that even if the offer expires before they get back to me I'll still get it right? Or do I need to call them before tomorrow to force a decision? (and what's the number for consumer cards and business cards?)
Call the automated status line to check status every day or so. If you aren't approved, you will be told 7-10 days (soft decline) or 2 weeks (soft approve). If you get 7-10 day message then you'll need to call human recon.

Google "Reddit chase reconsideration flowchart" for super specific instructions.

Flowchart here for anyone curious: https://imgur.com/a/oXlPW

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #667 on: October 04, 2017, 02:33:48 PM »

Are you sure about this?

Thank you for choosing Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card from Chase.
Chase Southwest cards are 5/24 sensitive and will auto-decline. Biz cards are 5/24 sensitive but won't add to your 5/24 count.

I called and used the flow chart. Basically they took $5,000 from my amazon card and moved it to the ply application. They then told me over the phone it needed further processing and I'd hear back in a few days.

Btw, even though the offer may expire today, if you get the app in today and it's not approved for a couple of weeks, they told me the offer will still apply.

Singletrack

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #668 on: October 04, 2017, 09:58:42 PM »
Applied for both Plus and Premier cards tonight and approved for both. I'll need to navigate how best to hit the spending limit so it is earned in 2018. Thanks for letting us know the deadline!

sunnyca

• Bristles
« Reply #669 on: October 05, 2017, 07:03:01 AM »
Hmm. Looks like the 60k bonus points are still available.

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #670 on: October 05, 2017, 07:53:43 AM »
i received a SM that said i only have until 12/28 to hit the min spend targets, 90 days vs the 115 i read earlier.  I signed up perhaps too early by 5 days.  any advice is appretiated.  Should i spend on the 28th and risk early bonus or after on 1/1 and risk missing it?   my first time trying this timing thing , but assume some spending and the credit will take some time to post, i hope.
When is your statement date?

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #671 on: October 05, 2017, 09:11:38 AM »
Arg just called again today. Yesterday I had two "soft approves" (2 week message). Today, one was approved and the other was "soft declined" (7-10 day message). I'm guessing because I have too much credit for all three cards and need it moved around? Can I call recon now, or do I have to wait until I have the letter in hand? (Sorry for all the questions; my only other Chase card was insta-approved.)

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #672 on: October 05, 2017, 10:18:34 PM »
What is SM?

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #673 on: October 06, 2017, 06:50:09 AM »

aetherie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #674 on: October 06, 2017, 06:55:22 AM »
Thought I would mention this for anyone who got the Premier and Plus personal cards last year and will be cancelling them:

I called a few weeks ago to cancel mine before the annual fees hit (Dec. 1). The agent offered me two statement credits if I didn't cancel: $100 on the Premier and $70 on the Plus, the idea being that now my annual fees are covered.

If you get this offer, you can certainly choose to keep the cards for another year.

However, you can also do what I did... take the credits, buy $170 in Amazon gift cards, call back next week, get a different agent, and actually cancel the cards. Free money!

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #675 on: October 06, 2017, 07:13:32 AM »
i received a SM that said i only have until 12/28 to hit the min spend targets, 90 days vs the 115 i read earlier.  I signed up perhaps too early by 5 days.  any advice is appretiated.  Should i spend on the 28th and risk early bonus or after on 1/1 and risk missing it?   my first time trying this timing thing , but assume some spending and the credit will take some time to post, i hope.
Respond and tell them that by the time you get your card it will be less than 90 days to meet spend and ask them if they're sure the calculation is correct.

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #676 on: October 06, 2017, 07:14:10 AM »
Arg just called again today. Yesterday I had two "soft approves" (2 week message). Today, one was approved and the other was "soft declined" (7-10 day message). I'm guessing because I have too much credit for all three cards and need it moved around? Can I call recon now, or do I have to wait until I have the letter in hand? (Sorry for all the questions; my only other Chase card was insta-approved.)
Call now.

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #677 on: October 06, 2017, 08:00:17 AM »
Call now.
I just got off the phone with recon actually. They sent me to verification then put the application back in the system. Automated line is still giving me 7-10 days. I'll try again tomorrow. I also dropped the limit on my CSR by more than half before I called recon, so hopefully that'll help.

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #678 on: October 06, 2017, 08:01:31 AM »
Call now.
I just got off the phone with recon actually. They sent me to verification then put the application back in the system. Automated line is still giving me 7-10 days. I'll try again tomorrow. I also dropped the limit on my CSR by more than half before I called recon, so hopefully that'll help.
Weird. I'd definitely call back and just ask if there's any additional info you can provide to help them make a decision. Fingers crossed for you! You're under 5/24 with this card right?

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #679 on: October 06, 2017, 08:16:34 AM »
Call now.
Weird. I'd definitely call back and just ask if there's any additional info you can provide to help them make a decision. Fingers crossed for you! You're under 5/24 with this card right?

Should be at 4/24, even if you count the approved card. Wouldn't 5/24 be an instant decline?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 08:18:26 AM by Inaya »

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #680 on: October 06, 2017, 08:18:58 AM »
Call now.

Should be at 4/24. Wouldn't 5/24 be an instant decline?
That or the 7-10 day message. I'm sure they'll approve when you call again! And since the automated line is saying 7-10 instead of 30 you can probably call back now if you don't feel like waiting!

Stachless

• Stubble
« Reply #681 on: October 06, 2017, 01:20:54 PM »
My offers are now showing 40k mile signup bonus vs. 60k.  Anybody else still seeing 60k?

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #682 on: October 06, 2017, 01:57:26 PM »
My offers are now showing 40k mile signup bonus vs. 60k.  Anybody else still seeing 60k?
Saw 40K earlier today, but I signed up a while ago.  Million Mile Secrets had 10/4 as the end date for current 60K offer, but they were still at 60K yesterday.

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #683 on: October 06, 2017, 02:54:24 PM »
What do you mean by your offers? Offers you have already signed up for? Or advertised offers? The 60K deal ended 10/4 so if you didn't apply by then you may not be able to get 60K. If you decide to sign up with 40K please use someone's referral to share the mile-love. You may also be able to request a match by SM. Even with 2x 40k offers you end up with 84K of 110K and can make up the 16k miles using MS methods although it's a little more annoying to have to do.

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #684 on: October 09, 2017, 11:00:19 AM »
ARRGGG. Called recon again. It was denied because "too many Chase applications." Does Chase have a separate rule for their own branded cards now? I did get the CSR in March, but other than that and these two, I haven't applied for any others. And I'm at 3/24 (an AU, an AmEx, and the CSR), so it can't be 5/24.

Anyway he put it through recon and needs "another credit specialist to look at it," so I should call back tomorrow.

CowboyAndIndian

• Handlebar Stache
    • KOWines: Deep discount wine/spirits store.
« Reply #685 on: October 09, 2017, 11:05:24 AM »
Any idea on how long it takes to get the card from the time you are approved?

I signed up on Oct 3rd and got approved immediately. I still have not got the cards.

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #686 on: October 09, 2017, 11:25:24 AM »

I signed up on Oct 3rd and got approved immediately. I still have not got the cards.
Took me about 7 business days.

me1

• Stubble
« Reply #687 on: October 09, 2017, 12:00:54 PM »
I was approved on plus, but denied on premier. I only have one other chase card in the past year. and one other card total (from 13 years ago), excellent credit score, and a reasonably high salary. I tried calling the recon line twice, first time was outright denied, second time they said it has to be checked by a higher ranking person, this was last week, and have not heard anything back, the automated line still says 2 weeks. I am assuming its been denied. What am I doing wrong on the recon line? What am I supposed to be telling them to actually get the card?

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #688 on: October 09, 2017, 12:39:19 PM »
I was approved on plus, but denied on premier. I only have one other chase card in the past year. and one other card total (from 13 years ago), excellent credit score, and a reasonably high salary. I tried calling the recon line twice, first time was outright denied, second time they said it has to be checked by a higher ranking person, this was last week, and have not heard anything back, the automated line still says 2 weeks. I am assuming its been denied. What am I doing wrong on the recon line? What am I supposed to be telling them to actually get the card?
Call back and see what they say.

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #689 on: October 10, 2017, 08:35:20 AM »
Got approved on both the Plus and Premier - had to recon. the **** out of the Premier but finally got them to approve it after moving some CL around.

Have SMs in to find the exact spend date needed.  Opted to go the double personal route vs. Biz + Personal because we're still working on my SO's CSP min. spend and we didn't want to have $5k to spend in 3 months.  $4k is hard to do as is.  So now I'm at 5/24 until 5/2018, but my SO is only 2/24 so after the Southwest min. spends we'll probably work on a hotel card for her or something.

I see my statement dates are both the 12th of each month, so once we get past 12/12 (to be safe 12/14ish) I'll have at least a few weeks to spend up to $2k on each card.

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #690 on: October 10, 2017, 08:41:07 AM »
ARRGGG. Called recon again. It was denied because "too many Chase applications." Does Chase have a separate rule for their own branded cards now? I did get the CSR in March, but other than that and these two, I haven't applied for any others. And I'm at 3/24 (an AU, an AmEx, and the CSR), so it can't be 5/24.

Anyway he put it through recon and needs "another credit specialist to look at it," so I should call back tomorrow.

I went through a similar process as you - immediately got the 30 day message on both.  Called the status line and both were 2 weeks.  Then within a few hours, they went 7-10 days.

Called recon. and eventually got one approved.

Then I called recon. for the other and was told they "wanted to see how I handled the first Southwest card before granting me the other" so I was declined.

Called recon. the next day and asked again and was told I had too many recent Chase inquiries because the Plus had been approved.  I explained (white-lied?) that I wanted both cards to separate my work travel from my personal travel and that it'd be easier with two cards to get reimbursed at work.  Service rep. asked if I wanted her to initiate the recon. process, I said sure.

Basically walked down the application again to verify everything and then asked if I'd be comfortable moving some CL over from my Sapphire.  I said sure.  Approved.

I was 3/24 before attempting the double dip (so now I'm 5/24), was 0/30 on apps, and ~760 FAKO score (hard pull showed 759 credit score).

My only advice if you call today is be ready with a reason why you wanted the two cards at once - you have upcoming domestic travel, some work some personal, etc. etc. something along those lines.  Good luck!

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #691 on: October 10, 2017, 08:48:37 AM »

I went through a similar process as you - immediately got the 30 day message on both.  Called the status line and both were 2 weeks.  Then within a few hours, they went 7-10 days.

Then I called recon. for the other and was told they "wanted to see how I handled the first Southwest card before granting me the other" so I was declined.

Called recon. the next day and asked again and was told I had too many recent Chase inquiries because the Plus had been approved.  I explained (white-lied?) that I wanted both cards to separate my work travel from my personal travel and that it'd be easier with two cards to get reimbursed at work.  Service rep. asked if I wanted her to initiate the recon. process, I said sure.

Basically walked down the application again to verify everything and then asked if I'd be comfortable moving some CL over from my Sapphire.  I said sure.  Approved.

I was 3/24 before attempting the double dip (so now I'm 5/24), was 0/30 on apps, and ~760 FAKO score (hard pull showed 759 credit score).

My only advice if you call today is be ready with a reason why you wanted the two cards at once - you have upcoming domestic travel, some work some personal, etc. etc. something along those lines.  Good luck!
So you put the same card through recon twice? Can I just keep asking for recon until they get tired of me and let me have it? (Half-kidding.)

Thanks for the advice about work vs. personal travel. I'll probably use that.

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #692 on: October 10, 2017, 08:51:09 AM »

So you put the same card through recon twice? Can I just keep asking for recon until they get tired of me and let me have it? (Half-kidding.)

Yep.  The first time I was denied.  The second time I was initially denied (she didn't put it through recon, just told me it was denied because of too many recent inquiries).  Then she offered to go through the recon. process again after I told her why I wanted two.

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #693 on: October 10, 2017, 09:08:10 AM »

Yep.  The first time I was denied.  The second time I was initially denied (she didn't put it through recon, just told me it was denied because of too many recent inquiries).  Then she offered to go through the recon. process again after I told her why I wanted two.
HUCA is the motto for credit card churning. If you don't like the rep, HUCA. If you don't get the answer you want, HUCA. When I'm doubt, HUCA.

(Hang Up Call Again)

Also at the end of the chase flowcharts because it's so common. I'm glad everything worked out for your two cards! That was a smart response with wanting to separate expenses.

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #694 on: October 11, 2017, 10:05:40 AM »
I was able to get the plus approved. They borrowed $5,000 from a $10,000 limit I had on another chase card.  (I had to call to make this happen)

My PREMIER however , submitted same day, was rejected. What options do I have to get it also approved?

I have a reserve and a sapphire that have over $50,000 in credit that I'd think could be borrowed to open this account.

Any other options or am I stick with just the one?

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #695 on: October 11, 2017, 11:31:20 AM »
I was able to get the plus approved. They borrowed $5,000 from a $10,000 limit I had on another chase card.  (I had to call to make this happen)

My PREMIER however , submitted same day, was rejected. What options do I have to get it also approved?

I have a reserve and a sapphire that have over $50,000 in credit that I'd think could be borrowed to open this account.

Any other options or am I stick with just the one?

If you want them both (for the Companion Pass), you can call the recon line and explain why you want the two SW cards (to keep work separate from personal travel?) and offer to move some CL from your other cards.

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #696 on: October 11, 2017, 07:18:24 PM »

Took me about 7 business days.

I got mine approved on the 4th, and received the card today. Still trying to recon the other card. I might give up and get the new  BofA card instead.

me1

• Stubble
« Reply #697 on: October 12, 2017, 06:48:15 AM »
Thanks everyone for telling me to HUCA, I got both my plus and premier card both approved! Thanks for all the great tips everyone. Now just to spend money at the right time to get the companion pass! :)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #698 on: October 12, 2017, 09:35:39 AM »
I saw an email that said CA residents can get a special offer that gets a pass for 2018, for only one card application at 40k bonus.  Apparentlygo travel girl has info aboutthis on their site, if you missed out.

I went to dig this up.

It was a targeted email, if you are a SW rapid rewards member, with a CA address, you might get (or have gotten) one.

Posting to save anyone else curious time: https://www.gototravelgal.com/targeted-easier-southwest-companion-pass-offer/
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #699 on: October 12, 2017, 09:50:24 AM »
Bet that California offer is at least tangentially related to Southwest is flying to Hawaii in 2018.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/southwest-airlines-hawaii-service-2018/