Author Topic: Sold Company Stock!  (Read 2253 times)

Octotat

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Sold Company Stock!
« on: February 07, 2018, 02:07:57 PM »
My previous company gave me stock awards, and I realized that the brokerage was constantly re-investing the dividends.  So a $6 commission for roughly $100 !!!   I sold the lot, and will be dumping that big chunk into my Etrade account according to my AA!

meatgrinder

• Stubble
Re: Sold Company Stock!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 05:49:21 PM »
My previous company gave me stock awards, and I realized that the brokerage was constantly re-investing the dividends.  So a $6 commission for roughly $100 !!!   I sold the lot, and will be dumping that big chunk into my Etrade account according to my AA!

Nice, I too should probably sell my RSUs that have vested but they have gone up so much (~1000%) and have created a very large chunk of my wealth, however, I have reason to believe they will keep going up due to my access to inside info.

Trev

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 03:15:43 AM »
Good luck. But just beware having a lot of wealth invested in a single stock. Concentration risk!

Slee_stack

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 11:24:38 AM »
I sold 25% of my company stock in mid January.  Lucked out on 'timing' before the drop.

I do want to sell more of it, but may wait until next year.   Before selling, I had over 10% of my NW in it.  I didn't mean for it to get that high, but ESPP and RSUs, and appreciation snuck up on me.

I want to knock it below 5%  (through selling though, not depreciation!)

MilesTeg

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 11:49:59 AM »

Might have just transferred the shares, though sometimes brokerages have onerous "break up" fees that are absurd.