Author Topic: Since MMM..  (Read 6069 times)

Mustache_In_Training

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Since MMM..
« on: September 30, 2014, 12:45:42 PM »
So it's been nearly 3 years since I posted this the first time, I figured I was due for an update. I'm excited for what this year is bringing - We've automated all our investments so things are on autopilot, forcing us to invest in line with our goals. Also, we're both done with school, so not having to pay for graduate school anymore is certainly a plus! We are also looking to get jobs close to our domicile which should further accelerate our FI. Currently we have a terrible commute. As it stands, our FI date is late 2025.

*OLD POST*****

Sometimes it doesn't feel like my wife and I are making progress towards FI quickly enough. However, when I look at the Macro view of our net worth it becomes clear we're doing okay. I highlighted in the red box the time since we started reading MMM.

In the past 12 months we've increased our net worth by 92k. Not too shabby! Still have more areas for improvement though, our Verizon contract is up at the end of October and I'm very excited about switching to Republic Wireless, especially now with the MotoE $99 phone. Further plans are to negotiate working 4-10 schedule at work so I don't have to commute an extra day a week.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 07:59:24 AM by Mustache_In_Training »

aneel

• Stubble
Re: Since MMM..
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 03:16:20 PM »
Nice job!  You can definitely see some nice trends in there

SingleMomDebt

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 07:06:24 PM »
Not too shabby at all! Great work. Keep it up!

tracylayton

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 07:10:42 PM »
Lots of progress...congrats!!!

Workinghard

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 04:08:33 AM »
 I like looking at our net worth on Mint, but ours dropped last month even with additional investments of 6K. Course part of the drop was due to our paid for house taking a nosedive. However, it is gratifying when you see the bar going up. :)

happy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 04:13:42 AM »
Nice, very nice. Reckon you could take those trainer wheels off now

Mustache_In_Training

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 07:13:18 AM »
Thanks for the nice comments guys! It still feels like I can't get to FI fast enough!! My wife and I are anxious to get on with our FIRE lives ;)

Mustache_In_Training

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 08:01:06 AM »
Updated the post to reflect current situation :)

FamilyGuy

• Bristles
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 09:06:52 AM »
Impressive.

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 09:18:27 AM »
What did you use to generate these figures? They're really nice.
And great progress btw!

Mustache_In_Training

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 01:39:45 PM »
It's generated by Mint.com, under "Trends" category. Makes it pretty easy :)

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2017, 07:43:31 AM »
Does "debt" refer to your mortgage? What interest rate? These lovely, crisp graphs look like they might also be making a good case for investing vs. paying off a mortgage.

Excellent progress, btw.

CupcakeGuru

• Stubble
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 07:47:12 AM »
I like looking at our net worth on Mint, but ours dropped last month even with additional investments of 6K. Course part of the drop was due to our paid for house taking a nosedive. However, it is gratifying when you see the bar going up. :)

I got so frustrated with our house value changing every month (especially since we have no intention of selling anytime soon) that I finally turned off the Zillow feature that updated our house value. I just entered a resonable value and update it about once a year.