Author Topic: Share Your Work Perks!  (Read 25773 times)

Noodle

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Share Your Work Perks!
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2017, 08:05:16 AM »
Other than the standard benefits, I get:

We have a work library with professional librarians and they will purchase or borrow pretty much any book I request. Staff are allowed to check these books out for up to a year at a time and keep them in our offices.

Our site is used for corporate and community group meeting rentals. Especially if an event has been catered, the hosts will usually donate the leftovers to our staff as they don't have packaging materials to take it home (and they aren't usually going back to their offices at the end of the day).

We have a lot of interesting speakers and events which are either free to staff or available at a discounted rate.

I work in a beautiful historic neighborhood which is very nice for walking in good weather. When I look around at people going to office parks or corporate high-rises every day, I am grateful for an attractive work environment.

We used to have a free membership in the national professional association but I am not sure if that is still available. Need to check!

Spiffy

• Bristles
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2017, 10:47:37 AM »
We get the usual health/dental/403B contributions, but the ones we most enjoy are free use (for the whole family) of the university gym and pool so that is a summer full of free fun. We also get free tuition to go here or to one of the colleges on the participating list. So if all three kids use that it will be like getting paid an extra $480,000.00!

Erma

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2017, 12:15:33 PM »
- 5 weeks off (instead of the 4 mandated here by law) per year (paid)
- possibility to work part time
- home office for 1 day for me and another colleague - they plan to expand that
- free coffee (I don't care because I don't drink it)
- a chocolate egg at Easter
- a gift card on your birthday (for a horribly expensive store)
- a gift basket with food for Christmas

Do you resell the gift card?  Every time someone gives me a gift card, I resell it.  Ha.

Last time I used it for online shopping when they had sales to buy some small home items like sofa cushions. One I gave away and the other person was very happy. Perhaps I will try to sell the next one. But it is always difficult because you don't know if people will pay. I have seen a card exchange platform, biput the website isn't working anymore unfortunately.

Drakmon

• Stubble
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2017, 12:36:20 PM »
The company pays for health (medical, dental) and life insurance for all employees. The health plan is also incredible, with no deductible and just about anything covered. Day 1 Organ Transplant? No problem!

On the downside, we don't get 401k matching or bonuses, but we get a significantly-higher salary than industry average in compensation for that.

3 weeks paid vacation, although it's actually effectively unlimited, and unlimited sick and personal days.

Free snacks (nuts and fruit), coffee, espresso, teas, sodas.

NinjaSalad

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2017, 12:57:56 PM »
I work for local government and receive free healthcare as long as I go to our employee health services location. They don't do everything but the basics are covered - well visits, blood work, annual exams, etc.

I receive a 2% match on my 401h, but unfortunately no match on my 457.

And as long as the retirement fund holds up and I stay 5 years, I'll get a  pension. Not counting on it though...

SEAK

• Stubble
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2017, 01:08:23 PM »
37.5 hr workweek, 7.2 weeks of paid leave, 11 paid holidays, pension, 6.13% match on 401a contributions, available voluntary savings plan that pays 4.5% interest, low health insurance premiums, flexible work schedule. Plus I get some field gear (raincoats, waders) paid for.

skip207

• Bristles
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2017, 01:17:02 PM »
None.  I am self employed!  I take 10 days off a year (unpaid obviously) and other than that work 90 hours a week 50 weeks a year for not even so much as a thank you.  :(

infogoon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2017, 01:28:38 PM »
I do miss the tuition waivers from my days in higher ed. The pay was terrible, but I got out of there with a BA and an MBA and my wife also got her MBA. It's amazing what you can do with two free classes every semester.

crispy

« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2017, 05:53:41 PM »
I work in state government so the benefits are good.

- 37.5 hour work week with comp time given for any hours worked over that. We had a busy March and I earned an extra two weeks off.
- 12 vacation days, 12 sick days, and between 12 and 14 paid holidays each year. Plus all the comp time.
- Hybrid pension plan. I put 5% into the pension portion and they match 4%. They put 5% into a 401k even if I put in nothing but will also match $25 per pay period.
- Access to both a 401k and 457b.
- Discounts from a lot of businesses. I saved $60 on a hotel stay just today.
- Free OTC medication and flu shots (I work at hospital)
- Cheap insurance
- Free tuition for me at any state school and 25% discount for my children
- Free public transportation to and from work

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2017, 06:02:24 PM »
I get paid every other week!

Spork

• Walrus Stache
    • Spork In The Eye
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2017, 06:08:57 PM »
NOW:

I am FIRE.  My perks are:
* I get to sleep with my boss

PREVIOUS JOB:

I worked for a cable company.  I got free cable.  Free internet (at the max speed available in my area) and every stinking channel known to man.  Funny thing is, post-FIRE, I don't miss the TV at all.

Alf91

• Stubble
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2017, 06:42:57 PM »
catered meetings
9% of salary contributed to rsp
free coffee, fruit, granola bars
mileage reimbursement
costs covered when traveling (travel, hotel, meals)
19 vacation days
12 sick days
10 holidays off
professional development fund
employee appreciation gift once/year
annual bonus
birthday gift and cake
Christmas gift
medical, dental, and vision benefits
life insurance
disability insurance
benefits for massage, counselling, naturopath etc
paid CPR/First Aid training
opportunities for work-related training/PD
loyalty bonus (for x number of years working)
some flexibility re hours of work
kitchen on site
summer staff party
Christmas staff party/dinner
office is located in the core of the city - easy access to running errands during lunch, large park nearby, etc
social/wellness events

meghan88

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2017, 06:55:13 PM »
I think Alf91 wins the internet today and I would LOVE to know where he works.

Spork wins the internet too.

My perks:

RRSP matching up to 4%
annual bonus
stock options if we ever IPO
eco-bonus of $50/month for walking/biking to work
home internet subsidy of $50/month
free coffee, tea, and quality snacks
flex time
work from home (or from the foreign destination of my choice, for that matter) if I want
lots of fun, catered, events
dogs allowed in the office
great health and dental benefits
great location

Wow, I have it good.  But still looking to FIRE in a couple of years.

cantgrowone

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2017, 09:48:59 PM »
I work for a small business, so healthcare is $$$.

Unlimited off days (*managers discretion)
Very lenient manager
3% match to 401k
Free lunch when I'm working in the field
Company vehicle I get on a rotation
Cell phone bill is paid for
Salary is higher than at a  big corp

esq

• Bristles
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2017, 06:41:16 AM »
Summers off, 2 weeks at Christmas, 1 week at Thanksgiving - all paid.  I'm a teacher.

Partially subsidized health insurance, and state contributes a small part to retirement.

That's about it!

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2017, 08:03:51 AM »
 - 10 days PTO, 5 days Sick Leave, 2 Floating Holidays, plus regular Holidays
 - Afternoons off the Friday before a holiday weekend (we're told to report 40 hrs as usual, but get to leave early)
 - Free coffee/tea in all the breakrooms, and hot chocolate in the winter
 - Company store where they sell everything at wholesale or lower (most things are 50-75% cheaper than retail).  I'm in OTC pharmaceuticals, which is useful enough, but our parent company also owns brands in personal care, make-up, etc.  I get most of my shower gel, sunscreen, shampoo/conditioner, oral hygiene, and first aid there in addition to painkillers, allergy meds, etc.  Plus I take requests for my family and friends, which saves them money too!
 - Summer Retreat and Christmas Party, both paid days of hanging out and drinking with coworkers
 - Occasionally Manager takes us out to lunch when we've finished a tough project
 - Occasional free food, either leftovers from meetings or special events

Alf91

• Stubble
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2017, 09:45:27 AM »
I think Alf91 wins the internet today and I would LOVE to know where he works.

At a non-profit. The perks make up for the low salary. :)

TimmyTightWad

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2017, 11:00:00 AM »
Free lunch
Cheapish health insurance ($140 a month for a family)
30 days off a year as a new employee
6% 401k match with a $6000 lump contribution every year on top of that
standard HSA contribution
standard corporate discounts through an employee perk site  (30% off Dell products type of deals on there)

JanetJackson

• Pencil Stache
    • How I actually made $50 just for taking a survey and being in the healthcare marketplace
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2017, 11:20:11 AM »
These are all so great!  Keep 'em coming!
Has anyone had to negotiate these perks?  If so, how did you go about it?

Thanks!

PencilThinStash

• Stubble
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2017, 01:00:28 PM »
Small family-owned company. I definitely don't break the bank (~40k/year) and only get 3 weeks vacation time, but the other perks are why I stick around.

For everybody:
-Summer months, every Friday we close the office at 3:00pm and get paid until 5:00. Depending on the president's mood, we might get out sooner (2:00 today!)
-Same for the entire month of December, Monday-Friday.
-You get a full day off on the Friday before or after your birthday, your choice of which one.
-Dog/baby friendly office.
-Free coffee (I go through 3-6 cups a day, this is huge).
-Free bagels/doughnuts on Tuesdays and Fridays.
-Cupboards are usually stocked with candy/crackers/nuts/other assorted snack food. All free.
-Company covers 80% of health insurance premiums.
-Pay periods are Fri-Thurs, not Mon-Fri. Earlier this year I took a full 40 hour week off, but by coming in a little earlier and taking shorter lunches on the Friday before and Mon-Thurs after, easily got it down to only using ~35 PTO hours. Minor, but nice when you've only got the ~120 hours/year.

Personal perks:
-Not a customer-facing job.
-Living less than half a mile from the office, I get to ride my bike in every day and it takes MAYBE 20 seconds longer than driving. It's not even far enough to get my heart rate up.
-Incredibly capable immediate supervisor with a very hands-off management style. Lots of mutual trust/respect and probably the best boss I've ever had.
-Nice mix of really smart, hard-working coworkers who know their shit and keep things running smoothly, and a handful of lazy idiots who make the rest of us look incredible by comparison.
-Moderate ability to set my own hours.
-Industry I'm passionate about and actually semi-related to that expensive piece of paper hanging on the wall.

meghan88

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2017, 06:27:02 PM »
These are all so great!  Keep 'em coming!
Has anyone had to negotiate these perks?  If so, how did you go about it?

Thanks!

Perk negotiation something that everyone should try to do, especially if there's no movement on salary during negotiations.  So when you hit the wall on salary, ask for additional vacation days.  Another one of the easier things to negotiate is when benefits would normally kick in.  If they say you only get retirement fund matching after 6 months, see if you can negotiate for it to start immediately.  If it's 3%, ask for 5%.  If bonuses are based on a %, ask for a higher %.  Ask for more stock options.

All of this can also be requested during annual salary reviews as well, IMO.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2017, 08:04:33 PM »
Discounted health insurance, free magazines, free food from the company chefs, free flu shots, regular drinks in the office (paid for by the company or the boss), and generous annual leave entitlements.

My husband would win this thread (as Marty would verify), but his profession is small and his perks are distinctive, and he prefers to keep a low profile online.

Oh yeah - he wins, hands down.

I get an open beer fridge once a month (used to be once a fortnight).

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2017, 07:28:34 AM »
Discounted health insurance, free magazines, free food from the company chefs, free flu shots, regular drinks in the office (paid for by the company or the boss), and generous annual leave entitlements.

My husband would win this thread (as Marty would verify), but his profession is small and his perks are distinctive, and he prefers to keep a low profile online.

They've got you on rations?

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2017, 07:44:19 AM »

They've got you on rations?

Worse. It was cancelled yesterday!

Hargrove

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2017, 02:50:57 PM »
My job has theoretically flexible scheduling, but in practice, you never get home on time anyway.

1-5 weeks off.  1 week yr 1, 2 weeks yr 2, 5 weeks yr 10.

I have more free wine than I could ever possibly make any use of.

Free taxis.

Free lunch if you're training anyone.

Free counseling (lol - it's a pretty stressful job).

401k match and a pension.

Cheap health insurance.

Cheap dental.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 02:52:34 PM by Hargrove »

eliza

• Bristles
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2017, 09:34:04 PM »

~Flexible schedule: work from home every Monday + every other Friday off
~4 weeks of vacation
~10 or 11 Federal Holidays
~2 Floating Holidays
~84 hours a year of sick time  --- accumulates if you don't use --- I have like ~375 hours saved up in the event that something goes wrong.
~1% of salary automatically into Thrift (like a 401k)
~7% match into Thrift
~10% of salary into cash option pension (the total is 5% for 5 years, then 10% for the next ten years - I'm in year 6 right now)
~Super low-cost total stock market fund (.011%/year) in Thrift
~Free Gym (should use this WAY more)
~Metro Card loaded with full value of commute
~$80/month reimbursement towards health care costs.  Lowers my monthly payment on my HDHP to ~$30 per month out of pocket

ponderous_tome

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2017, 09:05:16 AM »
Tons of paid time off, 3% 401(k) matching, generous tuition reimbursement, extremely cheap gym access if I want it (a few bucks per month), free coffee and tea, occasional free food, charity donation matching up to a certain amount, a couple hundred bucks in cash for "fitness points" through the health plan, pre-tax transit benefit.

I know there are companies out there that offer more, but I'm pretty happy with my situation.

dreams_and_discoveries

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2017, 10:49:21 AM »

I have more free wine than I could ever possibly make any use of.

I think I need to work at this place!

I'm self employed, and here in the UK the taxman is seriously strict; larger companies can buy staff all these perks tax deductible as business expenses, but for a small business you can't....

Jouer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2017, 11:00:32 AM »
We have some decent small ones but the two best are flex work and a 'do not park' incentive.

We have more employees than parking spots available so we offered an incentive to not park on site. $100 a month (taxable) is added to our pay in exchange for never parking on site. Since I work from home 4 days a week (see other major perk), I wouldn't be parking there anyways. I save $150 a month in parking fees and gain $100 (taxable)!!!

For the once a week I go into the office, I just park 10-15 minutes away on a side street and walk the rest of the way.

TaraB

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • my journal
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2017, 11:06:48 AM »
I was briefly a wellness liaison at a previous job. There was a custom of buying a monthly birthday cake at the end of the month. I tried to use this power as wellness person to abolish the cake (we WERE a healthcare company after all). It didn't go over so well, so we ended up reducing the cake size and adding a big fruit platter to the monthly "celebration".

My current healthcare organization has a very generous health plan if you go to a narrow network of facilities and doctors. Thankfully I haven't had to use it much since it started in January. We also have a generous tuition reimbursement program. I know my organization is seeking a more strategic alliance with a major university, so I could see trying to negotiate discounts with that university.

I've gotten deeply discounted Weight Watchers membership from my current job. I've also gotten a small dry cleaning discount.

At the end of the day, what do YOU want? It doesn't hurt to ask- worst they can do is say no!

AM43

• Stubble
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2017, 10:31:36 AM »
Free breakfast and lunch
Free cell phone
Free gym
Annual Bonus
3 weeks paid vacation + personal and sick days
Weekly credit in my paycheck for not getting company health insurance( i get one thru my spouse)
Work clothes

Smokystache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2017, 12:48:43 PM »
I'm a federal employee.  We don't even get free coffee.

But you're living large on Columbus Day!!

Never knew the minor federal holidays until I worked at a VA hospital for a while.

eddie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2017, 03:53:56 PM »
3% Company Retirement Match
A few free pairs of shoes every year.  I work retail.
Not great base salary, but I get 50% commission on certain types of business I bring in.  That nearly doubles my annual pay.
If work is slow and we have enough people working I can go for a run on the clock.
Shower at work.  I used to bike commute a lot, but not so much the last few years.
$100 cash from my boss for Christmas.
I used to get 3 weeks of paid vacation/yr, but I only get 1 now.  We have a baby so we're not going anywhere anyways.  I can negotiate back up to 3 weeks when we decide to start traveling again.
I got 5 weeks off from the store last year when my wife had our baby.  Still worked about 30hrs/wk from home, but still not bad at all.
My boss is awesome.  I have to perform, but he bends over backwards to accommodate reasonable requests.

Lanthiriel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2017, 05:39:10 PM »
I just switched jobs, and both my benefits and salary are the best of my life:

Fully paid health, vision, and dental, plus I get to kick what's left over from my "allowance" into an HSA (about $50/mo)
15 vacation days, 8 holidays
4% 401k match
Company-wide lunch every Wednesday
Stocked kitchen with snacks, breakfast, and lunch foods
Free soda vending machine (my Diet Pepsi addiction thanks them)
Beer on tap
Cake for everyone's birthday
Annual bonus based on OT hours
MANY company events, some that include clients and some just for morale
Annual 1-night retreat to the coast and you can bring your spouse
I could bring my dogs if the puppy weren't such a spaztastic disaster

AnnaGrowsAMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2017, 01:24:38 AM »
Free physiotherapy, chiropracty, podiatry, pilates classes and massage because I work in a clinic. Free morning expresso coffee because the boss buys them for us most mornings. Quite regular free dinners that are "staff meetings". And I can use the wholesale accounts for my own use as long as I clear it with the boss first and obviously pay all the taxes and freight.

They don't pay hugely well, but they definitely look after the staff

Edit to add free flu vaccinations, birthday cakes, free parking, quite a bit of other small stuff.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 01:28:44 AM by AnnaGrowsAMustache »

yachi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2017, 10:01:18 AM »
3 weeks vacation
8 sick days
401(k) match (50% of first 3% maybe, I can't remember)
Yearly bonuses based on merit & company performance
Employee ownership plan (don't know any details yet)
High Deductible plan w/ 100% coverage after 5k deducible, company puts 1-2k into HSA
Employee Assistance Program (stressful work environment, haven't taken advantage of this one yet)
Free coffee & tea
Company paid Cell Phone, can use as personal phone
Company paid pickup truck + gas - free for me to use around town & commute
Can borrow commercial company tools & small equipment
Company assistance keeping professional licensing up to date
I can order on company accounts if I provide reimbursement

runewell

• Bristles
  • actuary
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2017, 11:55:15 AM »
24 days PTO + 10 holidays + an additional day of PTO if I contribute 0.5% of my salary to the United Way.
3% 401k match + additional 6% contribution = 9%.
Health deductions are <$1,000/yr & HSA contribution is $1,000/yr.
Can use 10% of my salary to purchase stock at a 15% discount.  I max this out and then sell it immediately, generating a brief 50%+ annualized return.
Low stress work environment, easy 15 minute highway communte, no cost for parking.
CPCU exam benefit => supplies covered, $250 bonuses when passed, $2,000+free trip when all 8 are completed. 
Actuarial continuing education trip every year.

rdaneel0

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2017, 05:03:25 PM »
Free coffee.

Work from home two days a week.

Flexible hours.

Transportation reimbursement.

NorCal Stubble

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2017, 10:03:30 PM »
Malt, grain, yeast, hops, and if I think ahead, hot water for homebrew. Only thing I have to pay for is propane and oxygen.

Also, drinking beer at work, $65 monthly at the attached restaurant and unlimited beer to take home.

Fitness clubs? Yeah, they let me work out my liver.

Nudelkopf

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2017, 10:11:43 PM »
Me:
* Free rent (well, it's actually $25/week)
* 11 weeks annual leave per year
* 4 days additional paid leave (PTO?)
* 12.75% extra retirement pay (super)

My partner:
* Free company car
* 12.5% retirement
* Free education (post-grad business)
* Only 4 weeks annual leave, but generous unpaid leave available
* Free Fitbit
* Electricity rebate

Between the company car & house, we're living a very sweet deal.

Also, totally can't wait for Long Service Leave to kick in (9.2weeks paid leave after seven years + 1.3weeks/year). I think Australia/NZ are the only countries that do this.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:22:08 PM by Nudelkopf »

Trudie

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2017, 01:13:15 PM »
Through our employers (which are different):

Free work-out facilities (gym, indoor and outdoor track, fitness classes)
50% cost-share on CSA membership
Free use of college library; occasional free books when authors are visiting campus
Tuition for free college courses (up to a limit; haven't had much time to use it).  If we had kids they'd get free tuition as part of multiple tuition-exchange programs
Free lectures, discounts to arts events/concerts

10% into retirement
Free cell phone (mine)

These are tough times for many colleges and my spouse hasn't had significant pay increases in a few years (many freezes, in fact).  What keeps us on track is control over our finances and the ability to adapt... and many of the perks that come with working at a college have really given us access to free and/or cheap entertainment and amenities -- especially of benefit in the winter months.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 01:15:27 PM by Trudie »

areox27

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Techie & Developer
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2017, 11:04:44 PM »
I work in a lead role at a tech startup in California, $130k salary

• "Unlimited" PTO
  • 401k matching, 50% up to 7% of Salary
  • Company UBER
  • Work remote whenever needed
  • Weekly 1:1 lunches with subordinates, paid by the company
  • Bi-weekly Dry cleaning
  • Fantastic health insurance, completely covered by the company
  • Monthly team outings (mini golf, airsoft, etc)
  • Daily catered lunches by an in-house chef
  • Gym membership
  • Education stipend (must maintain above C average)
  • Fitbit (or other fitness tracker of your choice)
  • Sennheiser headphones
  • Free coffee / beer / snacks
  • Life insurance
  • Weekly massages

We get a lot of fantastic perks, but honestly I'd give them all up and only keep the Insurance if I had to. My wife and I went the first 5 years of our marriage with no insurance and it was dreadful.

rementis

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2017, 03:12:26 PM »
I have a Leaf and my office provides chargers that are free for employees.

I've had the car about 18 months and never paid for fuel.  :)

rmp451

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2017, 09:56:11 PM »
Teacher here. . .

-Summers off (72 days this year; 51 more to go)
-Free Starbucks coffee. We actually have a Starbucks machine (not sure what else to call it) in our workroom that was donated by an alumnus who owns a few Starbucks in the area.
-Free camera gear. I teach the yearbook journalism class at my school, so I get to use a lot of high-end camera gear paid for by our yearbook company. They encourage me to use it outside of the classroom, so I've really gotten into photography over the last few years. It's been great for taking professional pictures of my kids.
-Free sporting events. My son is four and is really into sports, so it's a free form of entertainment.

BeautifulDay

• Bristles
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2017, 03:27:03 PM »
I forgot one of my most unusual perks.  Funeral plot and burial service.  If I retire from my job (early retirement should still qualify) then I'll get the benefit if I so choose. 

Hula Hoop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2017, 03:50:12 PM »
Beautifulday - that is very weird.  Do you work for a funeral home?

-almost 6 weeks vacation
-free pool during summer
-free gym all year long
-75% of life insurance covered
-can work from home one day a week
-fun kid activities sometimes at work and my boss is fine with me bringing the kids to work on those days
-occasional free wine tastings etc. at work

BeautifulDay

• Bristles
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2017, 04:10:06 PM »
Beautifulday - that is very weird.  Do you work for a funeral home?

No - that would make more sense.  It's because my work place is sort of a small community/school.

Lan Mandragoran

• Bristles
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2017, 04:59:17 PM »
The highlights for mine would be
5.5 k to hsa
2.5% match
20% of salary contributed by employers to pension yearly!

Heckler

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2017, 12:23:02 AM »
Six weeks working in Italy. 

Airbnb an appartment at similar cost to the hotel - fully covered by company.
Brought my wife with me.
Brought our two bikes from Canada instead of renting a car - saved the company thousands, and I get to ride my bike to work 3 km each way because of strategic location planning.  Company paid for my $150 bike fee, and hers was free because it was her checked luggage under the weight limit.

The wife grocery shops and cooks for us, so company saves $$ from me not going out every day.  But our food bill will be minimal if anything these weeks.  We will pay for her restaurants out of pocket.

She is so well trained on MMM ways and hasn't bought a single thing yet!  Only spare tubes for her flat tire on the bike.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2017, 03:43:28 AM »
New building does not have access cards, you need to swipe in with an app on your phone.

My phone is not advanced enough to have the software, so they gave me an iPhone 6S.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!