Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1906774 times)

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #4450 on: October 03, 2020, 07:52:29 PM »
What are some good Elan cards to apply for?

I posted one from valley bank a couple of weeks back.  Others posted some also.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4451 on: October 03, 2020, 07:55:19 PM »
Agree about Barclays, of course.

Elan is pretty good too.  All online.  Unknown if there are any AU limits or a limit to the # of cards.

Well, elan restricted my card.  They cited pattern of adding & removing authorized users.

21 AU's over 2 years, so a good run.

Hope I was unlucky and they are not going to get more aggressive with others.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #4452 on: October 03, 2020, 07:57:22 PM »

Elan is pretty good too.  All online.  Unknown if there are any AU limits or a limit to the # of cards.

Well, elan restricted my card.  They cited pattern of adding & removing authorized users.

If they didn't outright cancel the card and only restricted it, oftentimes those restrictions are temporary.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4453 on: October 05, 2020, 06:22:24 AM »
Hi all,
I'm trying to keep track of all the great info on this subject. I want to try to open up a new card (I have one of almost everyone listed on this chain). Which cards do NOT have a lifetime AU add? Also, which cards have you personally found to be the easiest for TLs? THANK YOU!

Barclays is the easiest. It's all done online.

Agreed, but they do have an AU limit.  I hit it on one of mine.

Hey Car Jack, what is the Barclaycard limit?
Once you hit it, do they close your card down?
And if so, were you able to open a new account shortly after?

I'm not sure the number.  It was a "new, low limit" card at $25 a shot and always got 2 AUs on it.  So probably 2 year's worth (so 24 AUs?).

They did not close the account.  I had 2 AUs not post (the tradeline co notified me).  I since tested by adding my wife and it did post.....so I don't know.  I did not open another card.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4454 on: October 05, 2020, 04:14:24 PM »

If they didn't outright cancel the card and only restricted it, oftentimes those restrictions are temporary.

Good to know.  Thanks!

I think they may have cancelled it based on subsequent credit monitoring alerts but I need to look into this more.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4455 on: October 05, 2020, 07:55:55 PM »
Has anyone applied for a second Fidelity credit card if you already had one? Did you get approved and was the credit line lower for the second card?

Pizzabrewer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4456 on: October 07, 2020, 05:06:59 PM »
So after following this thread for a few years, and having opened and seasoned a few cards, I finally signed up with the old company.  I just got my first sale today!  Woo hoo!!

It was on my Barclay's card.  I did the online add (pretty simple), but there's no place to add the SSN.  Looking at the PDF instructions from the company, it mentions only name, address and DOB.  So I assume I'm good?

I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times already.  Sorry for the repeat.

aetherie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4457 on: October 07, 2020, 05:12:01 PM »
So after following this thread for a few years, and having opened and seasoned a few cards, I finally signed up with the old company.  I just got my first sale today!  Woo hoo!!

It was on my Barclay's card.  I did the online add (pretty simple), but there's no place to add the SSN.  Looking at the PDF instructions from the company, it mentions only name, address and DOB.  So I assume I'm good?

I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times already.  Sorry for the repeat.

Yep, for Barclays you can just ignore the SSN.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4458 on: October 07, 2020, 05:14:51 PM »
Yep, but make sure to put the AU's address, so it will post without the SSN.

I've never had a Barclays not post, and I've never called in to add the SSN.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4459 on: October 08, 2020, 05:11:28 AM »
Yep, but make sure to put the AU's address, so it will post without the SSN.

I've never had a Barclays not post, and I've never called in to add the SSN.

I've had dozens of Barclaycard sales and had exactly 1 not post. To this day I still have no ideal why. Just a freak anomaly I guess. 

MoseyingAlong

• Bristles
« Reply #4460 on: October 09, 2020, 12:37:59 AM »
Re. delayed payments and [New Company]

Just wanted to share that I emailed [New Company] Saturday about a few delayed payments. I included the relevant card, the AUs' initials and when I added them. Payment is now in my account!

While ideally no reminder would be needed, the speed of this response was great.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 12:58:06 AM by arebelspy »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4461 on: October 09, 2020, 12:59:25 AM »
Edited your post to remove the person's name and replace w/ which company you were talking about.

Thanks for posting that update!

I'm glad to hear it. I believe a few members have reached out lately and gotten paid. Definitely a hassle/annoyance, but it does seem everyone is getting paid, so that's good at least.

I'd still recommend old company over new, due to the automated payments and higher sales, but if/when old company isn't enrolling cards, new company is a good place to put them.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4462 on: October 09, 2020, 07:55:56 AM »
The payment issues are so wide spread and have been happening for so long that I can't believe it's not intentional at this point.  You've mastered this business, all except being able to pay people on time? GTFO with that nonsense. 

I've had issues with the new company in the past, but I don't think I've reconciled any of my payments for 2020 yet (it's been a wild year and I've really not been paying close attention to my finances).  I suspect when I go to reconcile everything I'll be back to also bitch about delayed payments.

hooooo boy, I should have been more on top of paying attention to payments coming in (or not coming in rather).  Have they (new company) switched book keeping methods?  Previously the payments would show up in my bank account as something like "ACH Deposit COMPANY NAME TYPE: QUICKBOOKS CO: COMPANY NAME", but I haven't received a deposit since July 2019 even though I've had a lot of sales.  Currently seeing a $1,000 discrepancy between my orders and deposits to my checking account.  Some of that is recent stuff that shouldn't have posted, but at least half of it is long over due.

Paging @arebelspy to get to the bottom of this mystery. 

ETA: I've emailed my spreadsheet directly to arebelspy.

Finally heard back from [Edit: New Company] a few days ago, and just had a $600 backlog payment post to my account.  Still have another $475 coming, but those are for recent adds that wouldn't be paid out yet, so I'll get the rest of that as they come due hopefully. 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 09:53:59 AM by arebelspy »

shingy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4463 on: October 12, 2020, 11:08:46 AM »
I decided a couple months ago to open some new cards so I can start seasoning them for future tradeline selling. Based on the info from this awesome thread, I first applied for and was approved for a Barclays card in August. Now, I want to open a second and possibly third and I'm not sure which ones to apply for. I currently have cards with Barclays, Citi, Chase, and Bank of America. Given that, I've narrowed the list down to the following issuers: Discover, PNC, US Bank, and Capital One. Which of these should I apply for and in what order? Also, is it ok to apply for two cards at the same time, or should I wait a few months between each?

Thanks in advance for your help and feedback.

-Jason

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #4464 on: October 12, 2020, 11:31:58 AM »
I decided a couple months ago to open some new cards so I can start seasoning them for future tradeline selling. Based on the info from this awesome thread, I first applied for and was approved for a Barclays card in August. Now, I want to open a second and possibly third and I'm not sure which ones to apply for. I currently have cards with Barclays, Citi, Chase, and Bank of America. Given that, I've narrowed the list down to the following issuers: Discover, PNC, US Bank, and Capital One. Which of these should I apply for and in what order? Also, is it ok to apply for two cards at the same time, or should I wait a few months between each?

-Jason

For piggybacking purposes, the thing I prefer to focus on is ease of adding and removing AUs.  High credit limits and not getting shut down are also useful features.  USBank (and Chase IIRC) can add online and remove via a SM.  CapOne (and Barclays) can add and remove online.  I don't know about the others.

If you don't have too many cards already (and by too many I mean 10+) and aren't worried about the near-term credit hit, then you can probably apply for two cards and get approved for both pretty easily.  You do also want to be sure that you're following the issuer rules and restrictions (Chase 5/24 for example; other issuers have other less famous rules that they enforce).  But if it's two cards by two different issuers I can't imagine a problem there.  You can read about the issuer restrictions on Doctor of Credit and probably elsewhere as well.

As far as order goes, I usually order my apps in order of importance or value to me of getting the card.  Since you're only doing two, you could have both apps filled out and open in two tabs on your browser and then try to submit them as simultaneously as possible.  Doing it this way makes it somewhat possible that the two issuers' computers will not see your app to the other.  Of course if you aren't auto-approved and a human looks at it, they'll probably notice the other app.  Even so, applying for two cards isn't that strange.  Credit analysts do look askance at application sprees though and will be somewhat concerned with large numbers of apps at one time (been there, done that, have the t-shirt).

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4465 on: October 12, 2020, 12:35:43 PM »

-Jason

For piggybacking purposes, the thing I prefer to focus on is ease of adding and removing AUs.  High credit limits and not getting shut down are also useful features.  USBank (and Chase IIRC) can add online and remove via a SM.  CapOne (and Barclays) can add and remove online.  I don't know about the others.

If you don't have too many cards already (and by too many I mean 10+) and aren't worried about the near-term credit hit, then you can probably apply for two cards and get approved for both pretty easily.  You do also want to be sure that you're following the issuer rules and restrictions (Chase 5/24 for example; other issuers have other less famous rules that they enforce).  But if it's two cards by two different issuers I can't imagine a problem there.  You can read about the issuer restrictions on Doctor of Credit and probably elsewhere as well.

As far as order goes, I usually order my apps in order of importance or value to me of getting the card.  Since you're only doing two, you could have both apps filled out and open in two tabs on your browser and then try to submit them as simultaneously as possible.  Doing it this way makes it somewhat possible that the two issuers' computers will not see your app to the other.  Of course if you aren't auto-approved and a human looks at it, they'll probably notice the other app.  Even so, applying for two cards isn't that strange.  Credit analysts do look askance at application sprees though and will be somewhat concerned with large numbers of apps at one time (been there, done that, have the t-shirt).

Discover is also added/removed online. Super easy.

I'm skeptical that submitting the apps simultaneously can actually bamboozle anyone based on my recent experience of applying for 13 cards between myself and my wife.  I didn't submit them simultaneously, but some within seconds of each other, and all within a few minute time span.  Many of the rejections were instantaneous and the reasoning given in the follow up letter was that I had applied for too many credit accounts recently.  Since I haven't applied for a new card in like 2 years, they must be talking about the accounts I applied to just seconds before submitting their application.   

friendofwealth

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4466 on: October 12, 2020, 01:16:01 PM »
I still have two AUs on my Discover card that were added back in August. I was going to remove them tomorrow, 10/13/2020, per the removal date indicated by the Old Company.

I received two new orders today. When I tried to add two new AUs on my Discover card today, I got the following message:

You've reached the maximum number of requests to add Authorized Users at this time.
You'll be able to add your next Authorized User on 11/13/2020 if you have fewer than 5 Authorized Users at that time.

I only have two AUs posted on my card right now. I should still be able to add three more AUs, but it looks like Discover is doing some kind of check to see how many AUs have been added the past few months and it looks like there's some kind of limit now.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 01:21:42 PM by friendofwealth »

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4467 on: October 12, 2020, 01:20:37 PM »
A database can be updated in a fraction of a second. There's no reason to think that you clicking submit on two applications as quickly as you can (probably taking 1-2 second) will outrun the computer. Especially since credit card companies have a vested interest in denying credit to someone trying to submit multiple applications simultaneously. Even for those of us just trying to take advantage of tradelines or rewards. There's also fraud prevention. How many completely fraudulent credit card applications are submitted by bots or some person committing identity theft? Limiting applications is a risk management strategy. Better to have only one card approved than 5-10 which could be used for fraud - ultimately leaving the credit card company (well the bank issuing the card) on the hook.

DeniseNJ

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4468 on: October 13, 2020, 05:19:28 AM »
I still have two AUs on my Discover card that were added back in August. I was going to remove them tomorrow, 10/13/2020, per the removal date indicated by the Old Company.

I received two new orders today. When I tried to add two new AUs on my Discover card today, I got the following message:

You've reached the maximum number of requests to add Authorized Users at this time.
You'll be able to add your next Authorized User on 11/13/2020 if you have fewer than 5 Authorized Users at that time.

I only have two AUs posted on my card right now. I should still be able to add three more AUs, but it looks like Discover is doing some kind of check to see how many AUs have been added the past few months and it looks like there's some kind of limit now.

This just happened to me this morning!  I have 4 on right now.  They must have done some sort of sweep.  But I didn't see anywhere a max number of users in a period, only not more than 5 at a time.  My message says until April--ugh

friendofwealth

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4469 on: October 13, 2020, 09:33:20 AM »

This just happened to me this morning!  I have 4 on right now.  They must have done some sort of sweep.  But I didn't see anywhere a max number of users in a period, only not more than 5 at a time.  My message says until April--ugh

Sorry to hear that happened to you too.

Here are the number of AUs I've had on my Discover card for reference. Maybe it's 5 AUs per six months?
September 2019:2
October 2019:2
February 2020:2
April 2020:1
June 2020:2
August 2020:2
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 08:34:38 PM by friendofwealth »

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4470 on: October 14, 2020, 05:42:20 PM »
I just got this email:

Hello Credit Partners,

We are writing to our credit partner network to let you know that Discover appears to have made some policy changes in regards to the volume of authorized users (AU’s) they are allowing their card holders to add and remove every year.

We have been able to confirm directly with Discover that they say their new policy is 7 AU’s every year, possibly on a rolling 12 month cycle. However, we are also watching our statistics closely and we have more than one confirmed instance of a credit partner still being able to add an AU with more than 7 AU’s in their history in the last 12 months and more than one instance of a credit partner with less than 7 AU’s in the last year being restricted on adding AU’s. Therefore, it does not appear that these rules are being enforced uniformly across the board with everyone.

In response, we have temporarily reduced the maximum number of AU’s to one per Discover card while we continue to monitor and track stats on the situation.

If you receive a message from Discover saying that you cannot add another AU until a certain date, please let us know that date so we can note you account.

We will keep you informed on any new developments we find out as the information comes in.

friendofwealth

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4471 on: October 14, 2020, 08:36:03 PM »
I just got this email:

Hello Credit Partners,

We are writing to our credit partner network to let you know that Discover appears to have made some policy changes in regards to the volume of authorized users (AU’s) they are allowing their card holders to add and remove every year.

We have been able to confirm directly with Discover that they say their new policy is 7 AU’s every year, possibly on a rolling 12 month cycle. However, we are also watching our statistics closely and we have more than one confirmed instance of a credit partner still being able to add an AU with more than 7 AU’s in their history in the last 12 months and more than one instance of a credit partner with less than 7 AU’s in the last year being restricted on adding AU’s. Therefore, it does not appear that these rules are being enforced uniformly across the board with everyone.

In response, we have temporarily reduced the maximum number of AU’s to one per Discover card while we continue to monitor and track stats on the situation.

If you receive a message from Discover saying that you cannot add another AU until a certain date, please let us know that date so we can note you account.

We will keep you informed on any new developments we find out as the information comes in.

Thanks for sharing this info. At least Discover isn't shutting down accounts.

MoMoney88

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4472 on: October 15, 2020, 09:22:15 AM »
re: Discover
We enrolled my wife's card in Jan 2019 and have had 19 AU's so far (7 of them this year).
We went to remove an AU on 9/14 but her online Discover account was locked and a message told us to call.
They had sent a couple of emails to us a couple of weeks prior but my wife never read them (junk mail, she thought).
It turns out, they are going through a verification process,  Equifax is requesting a Form 4506-T from the IRS for my wife.  Ugh.

We won't get access to our online Discover account until the review is over.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 09:24:06 AM by morris08 »

powskier

• Bristles
« Reply #4473 on: October 15, 2020, 11:09:20 PM »
Old company really slowed down for me in the past few months and then did not pay me until I emailed them months after they should have paid. I may have to say good bye to them altogether.

This whole gig was better a few years ago for sure.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4474 on: October 15, 2020, 11:10:35 PM »
Old company really slowed down for me in the past few months and then did not pay me until I emailed them months after they should have paid. I may have to say good bye to them altogether.

Old company's payments are all automated monthly. Did you mean new company? They're the only ones with late payments AFAIK.

For me it's as good as it's ever been, old company is seeing tons of growth/sales.

MoneyTree

• Bristles
    • Journal - The Best Time to Plant a MoneyTree
« Reply #4475 on: October 15, 2020, 11:45:27 PM »
another DP on Discover. I got a message that I've reached my AU limit and they won't let me add more until after my statement closing date in December.

I've added 8 AUs this year (2020) and 2 in November of 2019.

powskier

• Bristles
« Reply #4476 on: October 16, 2020, 12:08:21 AM »

Old company's payments are all automated monthly. Did you mean new company? They're the only ones with late payments AFAIK.

For me it's as good as it's ever been, old company is seeing tons of growth/sales.
No, I mean Old company for sure ( it was the only company on here for a while...as you know since you are the Godfather and all...:). ), it super slowed down for me and the payments just stopped. The new company has been consistent and easy to deal with.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #4477 on: October 16, 2020, 12:14:52 AM »

No, I mean Old company for sure ( it was the only company on here for a while...as you know since you are the Godfather and all...:). ), it super slowed down for me and the payments just stopped. The new company has been consistent and easy to deal with.

That's weird, and I agree with ARS that your descriptions seem backward to me.  If you want to PM me the name of what you think is the Old Company that you're having problems with, I can confirm.  Of course, unlike @arebelspy, I can't help you with payment issues since I'm not the Godfather.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4478 on: October 16, 2020, 08:17:25 AM »
When your account gets shut down/restricted due to tradelines:

shingy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4479 on: October 17, 2020, 05:07:56 PM »

Discover is also added/removed online. Super easy.

I'm skeptical that submitting the apps simultaneously can actually bamboozle anyone based on my recent experience of applying for 13 cards between myself and my wife.  I didn't submit them simultaneously, but some within seconds of each other, and all within a few minute time span.  Many of the rejections were instantaneous and the reasoning given in the follow up letter was that I had applied for too many credit accounts recently.  Since I haven't applied for a new card in like 2 years, they must be talking about the accounts I applied to just seconds before submitting their application.

A database can be updated in a fraction of a second. There's no reason to think that you clicking submit on two applications as quickly as you can (probably taking 1-2 second) will outrun the computer. Especially since credit card companies have a vested interest in denying credit to someone trying to submit multiple applications simultaneously. Even for those of us just trying to take advantage of tradelines or rewards. There's also fraud prevention. How many completely fraudulent credit card applications are submitted by bots or some person committing identity theft? Limiting applications is a risk management strategy. Better to have only one card approved than 5-10 which could be used for fraud - ultimately leaving the credit card company (well the bank issuing the card) on the hook.

Thank you guys for your thoughts on this. I ended up applying for the "Discover it Cash" and "US Bank Cash+" cards at around the same time (separated by about 15 min). I applied for the Discover card first and was instantly approved, but the application for US Bank was not approved immediately and is being further reviewed, likely because I just applied for the other card. So, hopefully that will be approved as well. Thanks again for your help.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4480 on: October 19, 2020, 03:04:46 PM »
Officially hit 5 figures this year for the first time on tradeline sales! Big thanks to @arebelspy for turning me onto this! To date I've made a little over $23k selling tradelines!

nickelwise

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4481 on: October 19, 2020, 04:35:52 PM »
Officially hit 5 figures this year for the first time on tradeline sales! Big thanks to @arebelspy for turning me onto this! To date I've made a little over $23k selling tradelines!

Nice, Ducky! What's your card inventory look like?

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4482 on: October 19, 2020, 05:56:10 PM »

Nice, Ducky! What's your card inventory look like?

I have a few Barclay between DW and I, plus Citi and Discover.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4483 on: October 20, 2020, 08:43:35 AM »
+1
I may reach 5 figures in sales this year as well. Discover being put on hold may put me just under the 10K mark.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4484 on: October 20, 2020, 09:01:00 AM »
Got a funny add today from the new company.  Like this.

First name: Joe
Last name: Joe Blow

Yah, I emailed them to ask.  I think the AU screwed up and the tradeline company just let it slide right through.

PVkcin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4485 on: October 20, 2020, 09:50:17 AM »
I'm new to tradelines and just added my first AU.  I have a question - once I get my credit card bill, can I pay it off right away? (I just want to make sure the balance on that credit card posts to the AU's credit bureau account, and I'm not sure if I pay it off right away if the credit card company will still report the last bill balance to the AU's credit report?).

nickelwise

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4486 on: October 20, 2020, 09:51:04 AM »
Yes you can. Just make sure every monthly statement has charges on it.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4487 on: October 20, 2020, 12:25:22 PM »

+1
I may reach 5 figures in sales this year as well. Discover being put on hold may put me just under the 10K mark.

Awesome, love to hear it guys! :D

A five figure year is fantastic, especially for a side-gig that takes such little time/effort.

The title of this thread still makes me laugh, as earning $1000/hour and making (tens of?) thousands of dollars a year while sitting at home in your pajamas sounds like such a fake get rich quick scam.

Love to hear how many Mustachians it's helping accelerate towards FI, or help secure the post-FI finances. :)

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4488 on: October 20, 2020, 09:42:10 PM »
Question about Fidelity cards. Some people earlier in this thread mentioned that Fidelity closed their cards after they sold a certain number of tradelines (around 10 if i remember). If Fidelity closes your card for selling tradelines and you have more than one Fidelity card, does it close just that card or all your cards with them? If you also have investment accounts with Fidelity, do these get closed too?

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4489 on: October 21, 2020, 05:47:08 AM »
Got a funny add today from the new company.  Like this.

First name: Joe
Last name: Joe Blow

Yah, I emailed them to ask.  I think the AU screwed up and the tradeline company just let it slide right through.

Years ago in Elementary school our Apple IIe computer lab got a new program that was basically a primitive chat room. You were only allowed to use your name as it came pre-loaded with the names of all the kids in the school. I discovered that you could type in the name of a kid in say 1st grade (I was in 6th at the time) that would never know about this or create a login, thus allowing you some anonymity. There was actually a 3rd grader named "Joe Blow". I can't imagine what parent would name their child that, or if it was a joke left in by the developer. I had some fun posting as Joe Blow before people realized they could just walk around the room to see who was posting what. Ironically I was home sick on the day that everyone got in trouble for this practice of spoofing that I had started.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4490 on: October 21, 2020, 11:38:53 AM »
Question about Fidelity cards. Some people earlier in this thread mentioned that Fidelity closed their cards after they sold a certain number of tradelines (around 10 if i remember). If Fidelity closes your card for selling tradelines and you have more than one Fidelity card, does it close just that card or all your cards with them? If you also have investment accounts with Fidelity, do these get closed too?

Here is my experience.  Fidelity card closed by Elan.  Other card issued by elan unaffected (so far - it has been a couple of weeks).  Fidelity accounts are unaffected.  I don't do a lot of business with Fidelity but several accounts are still there & working.

BTW, I wonder if my elan/fidelity closure was triggered by opening a new elan issued card.  All happened in the same ~30 days.  I thought I was smart getting a new elan card to season for two years.  Not so sure now.  However, this could be a coincidence.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4491 on: October 21, 2020, 11:41:27 AM »

Here is my experience.  Fidelity card closed by Elan.  Other card issued by elan unaffected (so far - it has been a couple of weeks).  Fidelity accounts are unaffected.  I don't do a lot of business with Fidelity but several accounts are still there & working.

BTW, I wonder if my elan/fidelity closure was triggered by opening a new elan issued card.  All happened in the same ~30 days.  I thought I was smart getting a new elan card to season for two years.  Not so sure now.  However, this could be a coincidence.

Thanks for the reply! What other Elan card did you open?

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4492 on: October 21, 2020, 11:47:14 AM »
valley bank

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4493 on: October 21, 2020, 05:05:14 PM »
valley bank

What credit limit did you get if you don't mind me asking? Are they generous with credit limits compared to other issuers?

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4494 on: October 21, 2020, 07:04:51 PM »
valley bank

What credit limit did you get if you don't mind me asking? Are they generous with credit limits compared to other issuers?

20K limit.  Seems in line with other lenders.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4495 on: October 21, 2020, 07:06:43 PM »
valley bank

20K limit.  Seems in line with other lenders.

That's what I got on my Fidelity card too

hoodedfalcon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4496 on: October 24, 2020, 07:36:59 PM »
Does anyone have a current payout schedule they can send me (for the Old Company)? I have been out of the game a few years and I am just getting organized to start back up.

Thanks in advance!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4497 on: October 24, 2020, 07:47:03 PM »
Does anyone have a current payout schedule they can send me (for the Old Company)? I have been out of the game a few years and I am just getting organized to start back up.

Thanks in advance!

This post should still be accurate.

hoodedfalcon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4498 on: October 24, 2020, 07:52:37 PM »

Thanks in advance!

This post should still be accurate.

Thanks for the super fast response. I see the post for cards 6 mos-2 years, but not for cards older than 2 years. Do you have that info handy?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4499 on: October 24, 2020, 07:57:51 PM »
Oh, yeah, good point.

This is the current payout schedule for cards over two years old:
Spoiler: show

2-Month Cycle Commission for:
Barclays, BBVA, Discover, TD Bank, PNC, Synch(CareCredit), US Bank and Elan
    Limit $10,000 - $15,000 and 2+ years old - $75 per spot
    Limit $15,001 - $20,000 and 2+ years old - $125 per spot
    Limit $20,001 - $30,000 and 2+ years old - $175 per spot
    Limit $30,001 - $40,000 and 2+ years old - $200 per spot
    Limit $40,001 - or more and 2+ years old - $225 per spot
    Limit $40,001 - or more and 10+ years old - $300 per spot

3-Month Cycle Commission for:
Capital One and NFCU
    Limit $10,000 - $15,000 and 2+ years old - $125 per spot
    Limit $15,001 - $20,000 and 2+ years old - $150 per spot
    Limit $20,001 - $30,000 and 2+ years old - $200 per spot
    Limit $30,001 - $40,000 and 2+ years old - $250 per spot
    Limit $40,001 - or more and 2+ years old - $275 per spot
    Limit $40,001 - or more and 10+ years old - $350 per spot

4-Month Cycle Commission for:
Chase and Bank of America
    Limit $10,000 - $15,000 and 2+ years old - $175 per spot
    Limit $15,001 - $20,000 and 2+ years old - $200 per spot
    Limit $20,001 - $30,000 and 2+ years old - $250 per spot
    Limit $30,001 - $40,000 and 2+ years old - $275 per spot
    Limit $40,001 - or more and 2+ years old - $350 per spot
    Limit $40,001 - or more and 10+ years old - $400 per spot