Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1215789 times)

secondcor521

• Magnum Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #4500 on: October 16, 2020, 12:14:52 AM »
Old company really slowed down for me in the past few months and then did not pay me until I emailed them months after they should have paid. I may have to say good bye to them altogether.

This whole gig was better a few years ago for sure.

Old company's payments are all automated monthly. Did you mean new company? They're the only ones with late payments AFAIK.

For me it's as good as it's ever been, old company is seeing tons of growth/sales.
No, I mean Old company for sure ( it was the only company on here for a while...as you know since you are the Godfather and all...:). ), it super slowed down for me and the payments just stopped. The new company has been consistent and easy to deal with.

That's weird, and I agree with ARS that your descriptions seem backward to me.  If you want to PM me the name of what you think is the Old Company that you're having problems with, I can confirm.  Of course, unlike @arebelspy, I can't help you with payment issues since I'm not the Godfather.

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4501 on: October 16, 2020, 08:17:25 AM »
When your account gets shut down/restricted due to tradelines:

shingy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4502 on: October 17, 2020, 05:07:56 PM »
For piggybacking purposes, the thing I prefer to focus on is ease of adding and removing AUs.  High credit limits and not getting shut down are also useful features.  USBank (and Chase IIRC) can add online and remove via a SM.  CapOne (and Barclays) can add and remove online.  I don't know about the others.

If you don't have too many cards already (and by too many I mean 10+) and aren't worried about the near-term credit hit, then you can probably apply for two cards and get approved for both pretty easily.  You do also want to be sure that you're following the issuer rules and restrictions (Chase 5/24 for example; other issuers have other less famous rules that they enforce).  But if it's two cards by two different issuers I can't imagine a problem there.  You can read about the issuer restrictions on Doctor of Credit and probably elsewhere as well.

As far as order goes, I usually order my apps in order of importance or value to me of getting the card.  Since you're only doing two, you could have both apps filled out and open in two tabs on your browser and then try to submit them as simultaneously as possible.  Doing it this way makes it somewhat possible that the two issuers' computers will not see your app to the other.  Of course if you aren't auto-approved and a human looks at it, they'll probably notice the other app.  Even so, applying for two cards isn't that strange.  Credit analysts do look askance at application sprees though and will be somewhat concerned with large numbers of apps at one time (been there, done that, have the t-shirt).

Discover is also added/removed online. Super easy.

I'm skeptical that submitting the apps simultaneously can actually bamboozle anyone based on my recent experience of applying for 13 cards between myself and my wife.  I didn't submit them simultaneously, but some within seconds of each other, and all within a few minute time span.  Many of the rejections were instantaneous and the reasoning given in the follow up letter was that I had applied for too many credit accounts recently.  Since I haven't applied for a new card in like 2 years, they must be talking about the accounts I applied to just seconds before submitting their application.

A database can be updated in a fraction of a second. There's no reason to think that you clicking submit on two applications as quickly as you can (probably taking 1-2 second) will outrun the computer. Especially since credit card companies have a vested interest in denying credit to someone trying to submit multiple applications simultaneously. Even for those of us just trying to take advantage of tradelines or rewards. There's also fraud prevention. How many completely fraudulent credit card applications are submitted by bots or some person committing identity theft? Limiting applications is a risk management strategy. Better to have only one card approved than 5-10 which could be used for fraud - ultimately leaving the credit card company (well the bank issuing the card) on the hook.

Thank you guys for your thoughts on this. I ended up applying for the "Discover it Cash" and "US Bank Cash+" cards at around the same time (separated by about 15 min). I applied for the Discover card first and was instantly approved, but the application for US Bank was not approved immediately and is being further reviewed, likely because I just applied for the other card. So, hopefully that will be approved as well. Thanks again for your help.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4503 on: October 19, 2020, 03:04:46 PM »
Officially hit 5 figures this year for the first time on tradeline sales! Big thanks to @arebelspy for turning me onto this! To date I've made a little over $23k selling tradelines!

nickelwise

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4504 on: October 19, 2020, 04:35:52 PM »
Officially hit 5 figures this year for the first time on tradeline sales! Big thanks to @arebelspy for turning me onto this! To date I've made a little over $23k selling tradelines!

Nice, Ducky! What's your card inventory look like?

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4505 on: October 19, 2020, 05:56:10 PM »

Nice, Ducky! What's your card inventory look like?

I have a few Barclay between DW and I, plus Citi and Discover.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4506 on: October 20, 2020, 08:43:35 AM »
+1
I may reach 5 figures in sales this year as well. Discover being put on hold may put me just under the 10K mark.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4507 on: October 20, 2020, 09:01:00 AM »
Got a funny add today from the new company.  Like this.

First name: Joe
Last name: Joe Blow

Yah, I emailed them to ask.  I think the AU screwed up and the tradeline company just let it slide right through.

PVkcin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4508 on: October 20, 2020, 09:50:17 AM »
I'm new to tradelines and just added my first AU.  I have a question - once I get my credit card bill, can I pay it off right away? (I just want to make sure the balance on that credit card posts to the AU's credit bureau account, and I'm not sure if I pay it off right away if the credit card company will still report the last bill balance to the AU's credit report?).

nickelwise

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4509 on: October 20, 2020, 09:51:04 AM »
Yes you can. Just make sure every monthly statement has charges on it.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4510 on: October 20, 2020, 12:25:22 PM »

+1
I may reach 5 figures in sales this year as well. Discover being put on hold may put me just under the 10K mark.

Awesome, love to hear it guys! :D

A five figure year is fantastic, especially for a side-gig that takes such little time/effort.

The title of this thread still makes me laugh, as earning $1000/hour and making (tens of?) thousands of dollars a year while sitting at home in your pajamas sounds like such a fake get rich quick scam.

Love to hear how many Mustachians it's helping accelerate towards FI, or help secure the post-FI finances. :)
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and are now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about us, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.
We (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out our Now page to see what we're up to currently.

Padonak

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4511 on: October 20, 2020, 09:42:10 PM »
Question about Fidelity cards. Some people earlier in this thread mentioned that Fidelity closed their cards after they sold a certain number of tradelines (around 10 if i remember). If Fidelity closes your card for selling tradelines and you have more than one Fidelity card, does it close just that card or all your cards with them? If you also have investment accounts with Fidelity, do these get closed too?

Michael in ABQ

• Handlebar Stache
    • Military Saints
« Reply #4512 on: October 21, 2020, 05:47:08 AM »
Got a funny add today from the new company.  Like this.

First name: Joe
Last name: Joe Blow

Yah, I emailed them to ask.  I think the AU screwed up and the tradeline company just let it slide right through.

Years ago in Elementary school our Apple IIe computer lab got a new program that was basically a primitive chat room. You were only allowed to use your name as it came pre-loaded with the names of all the kids in the school. I discovered that you could type in the name of a kid in say 1st grade (I was in 6th at the time) that would never know about this or create a login, thus allowing you some anonymity. There was actually a 3rd grader named "Joe Blow". I can't imagine what parent would name their child that, or if it was a joke left in by the developer. I had some fun posting as Joe Blow before people realized they could just walk around the room to see who was posting what. Ironically I was home sick on the day that everyone got in trouble for this practice of spoofing that I had started.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4513 on: October 21, 2020, 11:38:53 AM »
Question about Fidelity cards. Some people earlier in this thread mentioned that Fidelity closed their cards after they sold a certain number of tradelines (around 10 if i remember). If Fidelity closes your card for selling tradelines and you have more than one Fidelity card, does it close just that card or all your cards with them? If you also have investment accounts with Fidelity, do these get closed too?

Here is my experience.  Fidelity card closed by Elan.  Other card issued by elan unaffected (so far - it has been a couple of weeks).  Fidelity accounts are unaffected.  I don't do a lot of business with Fidelity but several accounts are still there & working.

BTW, I wonder if my elan/fidelity closure was triggered by opening a new elan issued card.  All happened in the same ~30 days.  I thought I was smart getting a new elan card to season for two years.  Not so sure now.  However, this could be a coincidence.

Padonak

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4514 on: October 21, 2020, 11:41:27 AM »

Here is my experience.  Fidelity card closed by Elan.  Other card issued by elan unaffected (so far - it has been a couple of weeks).  Fidelity accounts are unaffected.  I don't do a lot of business with Fidelity but several accounts are still there & working.

BTW, I wonder if my elan/fidelity closure was triggered by opening a new elan issued card.  All happened in the same ~30 days.  I thought I was smart getting a new elan card to season for two years.  Not so sure now.  However, this could be a coincidence.

Thanks for the reply! What other Elan card did you open?

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4515 on: October 21, 2020, 11:47:14 AM »
valley bank

Padonak

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4516 on: October 21, 2020, 05:05:14 PM »
valley bank

What credit limit did you get if you don't mind me asking? Are they generous with credit limits compared to other issuers?

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4517 on: October 21, 2020, 07:04:51 PM »
valley bank

What credit limit did you get if you don't mind me asking? Are they generous with credit limits compared to other issuers?

20K limit.  Seems in line with other lenders.

Padonak

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4518 on: October 21, 2020, 07:06:43 PM »
valley bank

20K limit.  Seems in line with other lenders.

That's what I got on my Fidelity card too

hoodedfalcon

• Bristles
Does anyone have a current payout schedule they can send me (for the Old Company)? I have been out of the game a few years and I am just getting organized to start back up.

Thanks in advance!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Does anyone have a current payout schedule they can send me (for the Old Company)? I have been out of the game a few years and I am just getting organized to start back up.

Thanks in advance!

This post should still be accurate.
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and are now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about us, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.
We (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out our Now page to see what we're up to currently.

hoodedfalcon

• Bristles

Thanks in advance!

This post should still be accurate.

Thanks for the super fast response. I see the post for cards 6 mos-2 years, but not for cards older than 2 years. Do you have that info handy?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Oh, yeah, good point.

This is the current payout schedule for cards over two years old:
Spoiler: show

2-Month Cycle Commission for:
Barclays, BBVA, Discover, TD Bank, PNC, Synch(CareCredit), US Bank and Elan
    Limit $10,000 - $15,000 and 2+ years old - $75 per spot
    Limit $15,001 - $20,000 and 2+ years old - $125 per spot
    Limit $20,001 - $30,000 and 2+ years old - $175 per spot
    Limit $30,001 - $40,000 and 2+ years old - $200 per spot
    Limit $40,001 - or more and 2+ years old - $225 per spot
    Limit $40,001 - or more and 10+ years old - $300 per spot

3-Month Cycle Commission for:
Capital One and NFCU
    Limit $10,000 - $15,000 and 2+ years old - $125 per spot
    Limit $15,001 - $20,000 and 2+ years old - $150 per spot
    Limit $20,001 - $30,000 and 2+ years old - $200 per spot
    Limit $30,001 - $40,000 and 2+ years old - $250 per spot
    Limit $40,001 - or more and 2+ years old - $275 per spot
    Limit $40,001 - or more and 10+ years old - $350 per spot

4-Month Cycle Commission for:
Chase and Bank of America
    Limit $10,000 - $15,000 and 2+ years old - $175 per spot
    Limit $15,001 - $20,000 and 2+ years old - $200 per spot
    Limit $20,001 - $30,000 and 2+ years old - $250 per spot
    Limit $30,001 - $40,000 and 2+ years old - $275 per spot
    Limit $40,001 - or more and 2+ years old - $350 per spot
    Limit $40,001 - or more and 10+ years old - $400 per spot