Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 534222 times)

PennySaved75

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Has anyone ever had the same AU make a second request to be added to one of your tradelines?  I just got an email from new company asking me to add "X" as an AU to my Discover card.  The "X" name rang a bell, so I checked and I had added this same person as an AU to my Citibank card in Sept 2017.  This seems weird to me, but I guess someone is wanting to bump their credit score up higher than before.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Has anyone ever had the same AU make a second request to be added to one of your tradelines?  I just got an email from new company asking me to add "X" as an AU to my Discover card.  The "X" name rang a bell, so I checked and I had added this same person as an AU to my Citibank card in Sept 2017.  This seems weird to me, but I guess someone is wanting to bump their credit score up higher than before.

Has not happened to me but I would not be alarmed.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member

The trade lines sell packages like two high limit cards plus 4 newer cards for $2000

So the trade line may try to match clients that are already on your trade line since it makes it seem more legitimate (one less strange address on their credit report)

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos

The trade lines sell packages like two high limit cards plus 4 newer cards for $2000

So the trade line may try to match clients that are already on your trade line since it makes it seem more legitimate (one less strange address on their credit report)

I had one AU that I added to two different lines, but it was basically at the same time, not time shifted like the above instance.

homelesshobbit

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #2804 on: August 01, 2018, 09:57:44 AM »
can anyone recommend or give me a referral to a good site to start selling tradeline?

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2805 on: August 01, 2018, 10:00:29 AM »
I wanted to put out a PSA of sorts. 

There is a poster who PM'd me suggesting a new company.  The web site sounded familiar, so I contacted @arebelspy .  He confirmed that it was one discussed previously in the thread and that this company did not properly vet AUs (in his view, which I trust).  If you received such a PM recently from another forum member, I would suggest you read back through the thread before making a decision.

I am only putting this out there because I don't want to see anyone burned by bad AUs.

Number3

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2806 on: August 02, 2018, 01:26:19 AM »
Discover locked my card today. I called them and they said they just wanted to make sure it was me who added five AUthorized Users recently. I said yes it was. They said ok - we just unlocked your card.

Car Jack

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2807 on: August 02, 2018, 07:14:40 AM »
I wanted to put out a PSA of sorts. 

There is a poster who PM'd me suggesting a new company.  The web site sounded familiar, so I contacted @arebelspy .  He confirmed that it was one discussed previously in the thread and that this company did not properly vet AUs (in his view, which I trust).  If you received such a PM recently from another forum member, I would suggest you read back through the thread before making a decision.

I am only putting this out there because I don't want to see anyone burned by bad AUs.

Stick with the companies Joe recommends.  I tried out that "other" company thinking <Jeremy Clarkson voice> "What could possibly go wrong?".  Well, one of 2 AUs turned out to have used a stolen credit card with the company.  Great.  I extracted myself.

Got my first payment from the "old" company along with the first AU bonus.  Big payday for me.

hgjjgkj

• Stubble
« Reply #2808 on: August 03, 2018, 09:22:28 AM »
Anyone have a feel for the vintage and limits the Old and New Company are looking for these days? I am a credit card churner and have several cards about to hit their one year so I am trying to see where it is best to add these. (Most of them generally have greater than an 11k limit)

Car Jack

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2809 on: August 03, 2018, 09:46:05 AM »
2 years old minimum.  $10k credit limit minimum.  Both companies, unless something's changed since I signed up (I have heard rumors that they're requiring higher numbers for both for new cards).  Probably best to ask the company directly what their specific requirements are.

teltic

• Stubble
« Reply #2810 on: August 03, 2018, 02:46:48 PM »
I've been with the "new" company for a little over 2 weeks now... Not a word. :|

Anyone else not getting AUs?  I have 3 cards up (2 years old, 10k each).  Hmm...

chuckster

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2811 on: August 03, 2018, 04:36:06 PM »
I've been with the "new" company for a little over 2 weeks now... Not a word. :|

Anyone else not getting AUs?  I have 3 cards up (2 years old, 10k each).  Hmm...

I think this is the slow time of year. I've been filled up every month on my Barclays card all year until this one (only a few days until my August closing date). My other cards are empty this month too, first time this year for that as well.

Padonak

• Bristles
« Reply #2812 on: August 03, 2018, 05:03:55 PM »

I think this is the slow time of year. I've been filled up every month on my Barclays card all year until this one (only a few days until my August closing date). My other cards are empty this month too, first time this year for that as well.

I only got one sale from the "New company" this year even though I have a few cards registered with it. Nothing wrong with my cards either.

beekayworld

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2813 on: August 03, 2018, 06:34:22 PM »

I'm with the new company and noticed that when I add a new card, the "My Cards" page on their website shows "UNAVAILABLE" for both cells/fields for the month in which I added the card; and only shows "AVAILABLE" for the next months after the month in which the card was added. 

Look on your "My Cards" page and click the blue "expand all" bar.  There's an array with the months labeled at the top and two (or three) cells in each column.  They either say "AVAILABLE", "UNAVAILABLE" or "John Smith" (have the name of the AU).

ducky19

• Bristles
« Reply #2814 on: August 06, 2018, 11:44:04 AM »

Data point - just had this happen to me for the first time on a Barclay card. AU asked to stay on for another two months, easiest $175 I ever made!

chuckster

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2815 on: August 06, 2018, 12:18:10 PM »

I'm with the new company and noticed that when I add a new card, the "My Cards" page on their website shows "UNAVAILABLE" for both cells/fields for the month in which I added the card; and only shows "AVAILABLE" for the next months after the month in which the card was added. 

Look on your "My Cards" page and click the blue "expand all" bar.  There's an array with the months labeled at the top and two (or three) cells in each column.  They either say "AVAILABLE", "UNAVAILABLE" or "John Smith" (have the name of the AU).

Your card can only be sold before the month closing date, too. Plus however much time it takes to get out there to attract a buyer. If you add a new card on July 3rd, and the closing date for your July bill is July 9th, you're probably not going to get a sale in July.

It seems most sales come in the week before the closing date. Makes sense, no one wants to buy a tradeline and then wait five or six weeks for it to hit their report.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2816 on: August 09, 2018, 06:18:57 AM »
Hey everyone,

I got a new baby on the way and Im in Desperate need of an extra income. Hows the authorized user business? Is it dependable? How long does it take to get started? Ive done my research and found a few companies but they have no reviews. I would appreciate your feedback  on your companies to see which one I should choose and trust.

Congrats on the upcoming little one!

Tradeline sales are still going pretty steady. Some people have seen shut downs, some people have seen more sales, some less.

It really depends on the quality and quantity of your cards (and some randomness). Most people are making anywhere from a few hundred dollars a year with just a couple of sales to a few thousand dollars a year (a few sales every few months times a few cards). Those with a lot of cards that are older (and seeing sales every month on multiple cards) are seeing low five-figure income, but I think the $2000-5000 range is much more common. A bit more info in this earlier post.

I've sent you a PM with the companies I recommend. It's pretty important to pick a good tradeline company, they're the shield for you against fraud and bad actors, as Car Jack mentions here.

Anyone can always feel free to PM me if you want a referral/more info/have questions.
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with two kids.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.
We (occasionally) blog at AdventuringAlong.com.
You can also read my forum "Journal."

DarrellEW

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2817 on: August 09, 2018, 01:00:11 PM »
Is anyone else worried about having their home address on a bunch of random people's credit reports?

I'm planning on moving in the next year or so, and wondering if I should pay for a UPS Store box or travelling mailbox service for all my banking going forward, including AU sales. I could make up the ~$200/yr in AU sales pretty easily, but wondering if I'm just being paranoid and throwing money away.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2818 on: August 09, 2018, 01:19:47 PM »
Is anyone else worried about having their home address on a bunch of random people's credit reports?

I'm planning on moving in the next year or so, and wondering if I should pay for a UPS Store box or travelling mailbox service for all my banking going forward, including AU sales. I could make up the ~$200/yr in AU sales pretty easily, but wondering if I'm just being paranoid and throwing money away.

I bought a tradeline once. (I think everyone who wants to sell tradelines should buy at least one.)

I didn't get any info about the cardholder. Just info about the card: open date, current balance, payment history.

DarrellEW

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2819 on: August 09, 2018, 01:26:33 PM »

I bought a tradeline once. (I think everyone who wants to sell tradelines should buy at least one.)

I didn't get any info about the cardholder. Just info about the card: open date, current balance, payment history.

Interesting. So it didn't show up as an address on your credit report?

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2820 on: August 09, 2018, 01:47:31 PM »

I never thought to look in the address section of the credit report. But I did just now, and sure enough, there is a strange address in there I don't recognize.

Dang it! Now I guess I'll have to get a private PO box.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2821 on: August 09, 2018, 01:49:38 PM »

I never thought to look in the address section of the credit report. But I did just now, and sure enough, there is a strange address in there I don't recognize.

Dang it! Now I guess I'll have to get a private PO box.

Another interesting thing: I googled that address, and got the website of a small business. There is an About page with the names of the owner and employees. I bet if I called and talked to the owner, I'd find out it's someone from this thread.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2822 on: August 09, 2018, 02:56:40 PM »
Yes, one of the minor downsides of this is your address may show up on their credit report, meaning:

1) You may get junk mail for former AUs at some point. Some people have reported this, though it doesn't seem super common. I haven't had it happen, because I use a virtual mailbox for all my mail, and they only process/deliver mail addressed to me or my wife, and reject anything addressed to other names, so I never even see that if it is sent to me. The remedy, if you don't want to get a separate box for AU sales, is to just throw out the junk mail if you get it.

2) You may get phone calls from creditors for that person, if the creditor runs their credit report, sees your address, googles it, and can find your phone number. Again, it's happened to a number of people, but doesn't seem super common. Again, I haven't had it happen to me because my number is not super googleable, but the remedy, if it happens to you, is to ask them to remove your number and/or block their number.

Annoyances, yes. How big or small probably depends on your tolerance for such things, how frequently they happen, and how much you got paid to put up with it.
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with two kids.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2823 on: August 09, 2018, 03:59:57 PM »
I use a PO Box but it is more for my own convenience for postal mail in general.  It does help in this situation as well.

monarda

• Bristles
« Reply #2824 on: August 09, 2018, 08:54:10 PM »
Question about AMEX tradelines through any company. They didn't ask for the DOB or SSN when calling to add, but they did ask when the card came in the mail- they wanted the DOB and SSN to activate the card. So it seems AMEX does things in a different order.  Anyone else have a similar experience? I won't know for a little while if/when it will post- but I can report back.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2825 on: August 09, 2018, 08:56:48 PM »
Amex doesn't work the same way, so TL companies don't use them.

They report the date you added the AU as the opening date for the card for the AU, so it doesn't help their length of credit history (and probably hurts it), though it does help the amount of credit open.  But it basically shows as if it's a brand new opened card, even if you've had it for a decade+.

ducky19

• Bristles
« Reply #2826 on: August 10, 2018, 06:04:09 AM »
My niece's husband needed some help with his credit score for a car loan, so I added him to several of my cards - three of which were AmEx. I had her send me an update each time his credit score updated with a new account. All told, his score went from a 550 to a 720! Several of the larger boosts he got were when an AmEx card posted. While arebelspy is correct that they show as being a new account and you don't get the age benefit, it seems that the available credit portion made up for that. Total available credit from AmEx from the cards that I added him to was ~$50,000 total from three cards. Obviously, other factors on their credit (bankruptcy, foreclosures, etc.) may keep it from having as significant of an impact as it did in his case, but AmEx cards can help. Something to keep in mind if you have someone close to you who needs a boost that you don't want to add to a card being used for tradelines.

monarda

• Bristles
« Reply #2827 on: August 10, 2018, 07:05:12 AM »
Something to keep in mind if you have someone close to you who needs a boost that you don't want to add to a card being used for tradelines.

This is my situation- family member transaction. I'll report back before/after credit scores. I think credit utilization is a bigger issue than age, but we'll see how it plays out.

robartsd

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2828 on: August 10, 2018, 08:36:18 AM »
My niece's husband needed some help with his credit score for a car loan, so I added him to several of my cards - three of which were AmEx. I had her send me an update each time his credit score updated with a new account. All told, his score went from a 550 to a 720! Several of the larger boosts he got were when an AmEx card posted. While arebelspy is correct that they show as being a new account and you don't get the age benefit, it seems that the available credit portion made up for that. Total available credit from AmEx from the cards that I added him to was ~$50,000 total from three cards. Obviously, other factors on their credit (bankruptcy, foreclosures, etc.) may keep it from having as significant of an impact as it did in his case, but AmEx cards can help. Something to keep in mind if you have someone close to you who needs a boost that you don't want to add to a card being used for tradelines.
Yes, the benefit from a new high-limit/low utilization card being added to your report would depend on the type of credit history you have; an aged card with similar limit and utilization would always be better though. I don't know why the industry doesn't all work more like Amex - I think it would make credit scores more reliable.

SilverAg47

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2829 on: August 11, 2018, 01:54:07 PM »
So I signed up for the New Company on Aug 3 and just got my first sale today!  I had some trouble adding the AU online on Discover's site and reluctantly ended up calling in to add the person.  It was very easy and I was not asked any weird questions.  Has anyone else had trouble with the Discover site resetting and kicking you back to the original screen when trying to add an AU? 

I'll also add that when I went through all my cards to try and raise my CL's, I found out that Discover does let you request an increase online every 30 days (I think I read earlier in the thread people saying it was 2-3 months)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2830 on: August 11, 2018, 02:24:51 PM »
I've had issues with Discover's website. I ended up using the Edge browser, and it works. Maybe a conflict with one of my extensions? IDK.

SilverAg47

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2831 on: August 11, 2018, 02:46:26 PM »
I've had issues with Discover's website. I ended up using the Edge browser, and it works. Maybe a conflict with one of my extensions? IDK.

Yeah, I was on Chrome, so maybe I'll have to try Edge next time and see how that goes.

Another question I have is about the New Company's portal.  When I go to the Document Center, I see 3 people listed.  I have only made 1 sale, so why would there be documents listed for these 2 other random people?

Mesmoiselle

• Bristles
« Reply #2832 on: August 11, 2018, 06:47:49 PM »

A data point I've noticed with the new company is that on one of my cards, I mostly get AU requests from people who live within like 20 miles of me. I live in a major city with a significant immigrant population, I wonder if it is just coincidence, or, if they're keeping it to locals to make it seem like it's people I might reasonably know. 9 times out of 10, AUs on that card have been from addresses I might actually have driven past on my way to work.

You should stop on your way in, get out of the car and yell at the building "YOU'RE WELCOME!".

ducky19

• Bristles
« Reply #2833 on: August 13, 2018, 07:49:24 AM »
Mrs. Ducky and I were visiting with some old friends this weekend, and the subject of tradelines came up. They are doing well now, but a few years back they fell on some hard times which took a toll on their credit. He mentioned that he would like to get his credit score up high enough to be able to qualify for a decent rate on a mortgage, so I offered to add him to some lines. The only thing I asked was that he update me each time an account showed up on his credit report and what impact it had on his score. I'm hoping to get some good data points, and I'm particularly interested in seeing what impact the AmEx cards have. I will post updates as I get them from him in case anyone else is interested.

ss17

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2834 on: August 13, 2018, 11:17:31 AM »
ducky19,
I wanted to let you know that AU's on AmEx cards post like they just got a new card for whatever your limit is, so they don't add to the Average Age of Accounts.  Won't help your friends credit much if any.

dustinst22

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2835 on: August 13, 2018, 11:21:20 AM »
ducky19,
I wanted to let you know that AU's on AmEx cards post like they just got a new card for whatever your limit is, so they don't add to the Average Age of Accounts.  Won't help your friends credit much if any.

This probably depends on his credit profile.  For someone with a low overall credit limit, increasing the limit can have a very big impact.  For another person who already has a very large overall credit limit, the new credit might have a small negative impact.  Typically those with poor credit can use the benefit of a higher overall credit limit.  Credit available to credit used ratio is a large component of credit score modeling.

ducky19

• Bristles
« Reply #2836 on: August 13, 2018, 11:38:05 AM »
ducky19,

This probably depends on his credit profile.  For someone with a low overall credit limit, increasing the limit can have a very big impact.  For another person who already has a very large overall credit limit, the new credit might have a small negative impact.  Typically those with poor credit can use the benefit of a higher overall credit limit.  Credit available to credit used ratio is a large component of credit score modeling.

Exactly. As I stated in this post, age is only one factor that helps - available credit accounts for around 30% of the score. So even though the age is a brand new account, if he suddenly has $60k of available credit he didn't have before, it will still have a decent impact on his score. I like experiments like this because I can tell exactly what impact it had - that's what I want to report back. I know most tradeline companies don't use AmEx because of the age, but you can still improve scores dramatically with available credit.

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #2837 on: August 13, 2018, 11:52:10 AM »
Open question to the thread audience:

I have a Chase card listed with New Company with 2 AU slots.  Both slots are currently filled with New Company clients.  But one AU was added in April and - I think - should have come off by now.

I have a private client interested in a slot on this same Chase card.

I have asked New Company about the April AU and they say I need to leave that AU on until September, which seems way too long.  I have shared this opinion with them but they haven't gotten back to me yet today.

1.  Has anyone had experience with having 3 AUs on a Chase card - pro or con?

2.  Would you:
     a.  Wait for mid-September to remove the April AU, possibly disappointing and/or losing the private client?
     b.  Add the private client now and have three AU's for a bit, possibly jeopardizing the two AU's with New Company and the Chase line?
     c.  Remove the April AU early and hope that New Company doesn't notice, possibly jeopardizing relationship with New Company?
     d.  Other?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2838 on: August 13, 2018, 12:37:24 PM »

I have a Chase card listed with New Company with 2 AU slots.  Both slots are currently filled with New Company clients.  But one AU was added in April and - I think - should have come off by now.

I have asked New Company about the April AU and they say I need to leave that AU on until September, which seems way too long.  I have shared this opinion with them but they haven't gotten back to me yet today.

2.  Would you:
     a.  Wait for mid-September to remove the April AU, possibly disappointing and/or losing the private client?
     b.  Add the private client now and have three AU's for a bit, possibly jeopardizing the two AU's with New Company and the Chase line?
     c.  Remove the April AU early and hope that New Company doesn't notice, possibly jeopardizing relationship with New Company?
     d.  Other?

If it was added in April (and closed in April), 3 months is the max. I'd read your agreement carefully, and check with them again and clarify if the AU has paid to be on longer (and, if so, when your extra payment will be). The owner is out of town for the next week, but any of the other primary ladies you've dealt with should be able to look it up if you email them directly (PM me if you need the info).

I wouldn't do b, personally. Not worth raising flags with Chase.

I'd ask about if they paid to extend, and, if so, do A. If not, do C.

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #2839 on: August 13, 2018, 02:30:55 PM »

2.  Would you:
     d.  Other?

If it was added in April (and closed in April), 3 months is the max. I'd read your agreement carefully, and check with them again and clarify if the AU has paid to be on longer (and, if so, when your extra payment will be). The owner is out of town for the next week, but any of the other primary ladies you've dealt with should be able to look it up if you email them directly (PM me if you need the info).

I wouldn't do b, personally. Not worth raising flags with Chase.

I'd ask about if they paid to extend, and, if so, do A. If not, do C.

Thanks.  I'm pretty sure they didn't pay to extend, but will call New Company and ask.  The thing I worry about a little bit is that the New Company person I deal with might not like the fact that I have a private client, and so may be obstructing a little bit.  She's usually pretty good and on point but in this particular exchange she has been less so.  I understand; there's no real incentive for her to be helpful to me in this regard.

FWIW, in the portal in the card history, it shows from June to December with the other AU filling a slot in August and September.  All the other slots are listed as AVAILABLE or UNAVAILABLE; the April AU is not listed anywhere on that screen.

Also, April AU was added on April 12, card received and activated April 20, statement closed on April 23, shows "posted" on May 3, and I received payment from New Company on July 20.

PointsLawyer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2840 on: August 14, 2018, 09:15:35 AM »
I paid the minimum for those two months.
You felt paying interest would look less suspicious?

NO, Once Cap One placed me on restricted status,  I was not able to add AU, however the ones on there still posted. I paid the minimum to make my small balance last 3 months, in that way I am assured the AU will post adn I will get paid for those two. But now we are done - unable to add any more AU.

Two updates from my world.

1. Wrapped up first batch of piggybacking-closure cases favorably!

2. For another forum member I dug into Capital One cardmember agreements, and folks who have old Cap1 cards might have some recourse via arbitration.

For the past few years, Cap1 has removed its arbitration provisions. But there was an arb provision back in 2009, and it explicitly says it survives any changes to the agreement. My argument (which I'm in the process of testing) is that anyone with an account opened in or before 2009 still has the benefits of that arbitration provision, even if it was removed after the fact.

topshot

• Stubble
« Reply #2841 on: August 14, 2018, 08:01:54 PM »
FWIW, in the portal in the card history, it shows from June to December with the other AU filling a slot in August and September.  All the other slots are listed as AVAILABLE or UNAVAILABLE; the April AU is not listed anywhere on that screen.
The AU that they claim is supposed to be on for at least 5 months doesn't even show on the screen???

I did have an AU re-up, but they notified me of that fact.

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #2842 on: August 14, 2018, 10:27:40 PM »
The AU that they claim is supposed to be on for at least 5 months doesn't even show on the screen???

I did have an AU re-up, but they notified me of that fact.

It's because the AU was in the April/May time frame, which has already aged off the left side of the calendar that they show.

I did get a reply from New Company, and they said they were looking at the wrong AU, and that I could remove the April AU now.  I removed that AU and blocked out the next two months with New Company and am now working with my private client to add them.  All's well that ends well, I guess.

ETA:  But this does seem to indicate that the removal notices are either not fully automated or are not perfectly processed.  I think this is the second time I've had to ask about removing with New Company when the AU had been on a longer time that I thought.  I do know that I have an AU on one of my cards that they're wanting me to leave on for longer because of an ongoing audit...IIRC that is one with USBank.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 10:30:37 PM by secondcor521 »

topshot

• Stubble
« Reply #2843 on: August 15, 2018, 05:04:02 AM »
ETA:  But this does seem to indicate that the removal notices are either not fully automated or are not perfectly processed.  I think this is the second time I've had to ask about removing with New Company when the AU had been on a longer time that I thought.
Agreed. Their communication is not that great. Perhaps simply because they were overwhelmed with MMM folks the past 2 years and grew way too fast. Even though I did have some sales for the 11 months I've been doing this, I have rested my cards with them and moved elsewhere.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2844 on: August 15, 2018, 06:37:44 AM »
ETA:  But this does seem to indicate that the removal notices are either not fully automated or are not perfectly processed.  I think this is the second time I've had to ask about removing with New Company when the AU had been on a longer time that I thought.  I do know that I have an AU on one of my cards that they're wanting me to leave on for longer because of an ongoing audit...IIRC that is one with USBank.

Yeah, that's really weird. I've always gotten notified when it's time to remove an AU. I wonder if they turned off notifications for removal for you because of that one or something?

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #2845 on: August 15, 2018, 09:43:30 AM »

Yeah, that's really weird. I've always gotten notified when it's time to remove an AU. I wonder if they turned off notifications for removal for you because of that one or something?

Maybe.  To be clear, I think I have been notified to remove AU's by automatic portal email in the past.  But it's not 100% of the time, which is odd but instructive.  :shrug:

I_want_to_make_a_million

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2846 on: August 15, 2018, 06:16:59 PM »
Hey everyone, I have a friend who was selling their tradelines with their capital one card, but one day signed in to his account to find it was put on hold. She believes it was due to the authorized users. Has anyone had a similar expedience? Also, what is the amount of users to have to stay under the radar?

Joel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2847 on: August 15, 2018, 10:22:00 PM »
I also had issues with not receiving removal notices with the whopping 3 tradelines I sold in 2017.

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2848 on: August 16, 2018, 06:46:15 AM »

Maybe.  To be clear, I think I have been notified to remove AU's by automatic portal email in the past.  But it's not 100% of the time, which is odd but instructive.  :shrug:

I got email notification of the first couple, but it seems like they've turned that feature off.  Now I have to note the removal date and set myself a reminder.

What happens if you don't charge anything on a card during the billing period? I don't regularly use one of my cards so I set a reminder to charge one thing to it, then schedule payment for the due date. Billing cycle just ended so I went to schedule payment and apparently I fucked up and didn't make a charge this month because my balance is $0. So that card won't report anything? How does this affect the tradeline?

Car Jack

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2849 on: August 16, 2018, 01:03:35 PM »
I would expect that if you had zero balance, it wouldn't report.  If the buyer needed that report to up his score, that didn't happen, so he's going to want his money back so you're not getting paid.

If you're lucky, the buyer already took a snapshot of his score and whoever he's trying to buy from already checked and recorded his score from a previous month and he actually doesn't need it anymore, in which case, you'd be in the clear.

When I have an AU, I go buy $10 in gas on each card with an AU on it in one visit.  That way, it's done. 

I actually do the same thing with my low balance forgiveness card.  Pump in $0.95, then $1.99 with another, then $0.93 with another.....  I do tend to pick dead times of the day to do that and if the station gets busy, I stop and mark my list for cards used, then resume next time.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 01:06:54 PM by Car Jack »