Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1913927 times)

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #2300 on: April 02, 2018, 03:53:58 PM »
@arebelspy, does old TL company take previously used cards?  ie moving from new TL to old TL?

I thought one of the companies was concerned about that due to improper vetting by another co.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2301 on: April 02, 2018, 03:58:26 PM »
This was a concern in the past, they specifically told me today they will take people moving from another company.

Make sure you do email the other company to remove the cards though (you don't want sales on both overloading your number of slots, nor to have to cancel on one of them after they sell a slot, and it is against the terms and conditions of the companies to have your card enrolled with anyone else but them).
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2302 on: April 02, 2018, 03:59:57 PM »
This was a concern in the past, they specifically told me today they will take people moving from another company.

Make sure you do email the other company to remove the cards though (you don't want sales on both overloading your number of slots, nor to have to cancel on one of them after they sell a slot, and it is against the terms and conditions of the companies to have your card enrolled with anyone else but them).

Thank you, sir!  You covered all of the bases as usual.

P.S. Thanks again for sharing this little moneymaker!

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2303 on: April 03, 2018, 12:38:23 PM »
I had 3 adds in Feb.  2 on my citi card ($75 each), and 1 on my BoA ($175).

I just noticed there was a $50 payment in my checking account 10 days ago (the description matches the payment I received several months ago for my first sale exactly, so it's the same tradeline company).  This is much sooner than I expected for any of these adds, and doesn't match any of the expected payments.  What's up with that?

Anyone?  The $50 payment doesn't match up with any of my sales, and it's way too early for any of them to be paid out anyway.  I'm just going to wait and see how it all shakes out before I contact the company though. Seems weird.

The sign up bonus for moving to the old company sounds nice, but I seem to be getting consistent sales on the new company.  Just had another AU added to my BoA.  Up to $500 for 2018.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2304 on: April 03, 2018, 01:14:21 PM »
That's strange, nacho - let us know how that shakes out!

Things are starting to heat up for me, looks like 3/6 slots on my 3 cards with the "old" company have been sold pending verification, and I have two adds on one of my cards with the "new" company (also pending). As long as those all check out, will be up to $675 for the year. Last year was around $2500, but I also had one card that was a $200 card that had 9 AUs before they transitioned it from a Citi card to an AmEx making it worthless for tradelines. So not counting that card, I was at $725 for the entire year on the rest of my cards - I'm liking what I'm seeing here!

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2305 on: April 03, 2018, 01:39:02 PM »
Data point:

Capital One restricted one of my best cards last April after adding only 3 AUs on the card. They requested that I provide all sorts of information on each AU, and the tradeline company basically told me it was a lost cause - the card was going to be closed.

Fast forward to today: Capital One never did close the account, however there has been a restriction on it ever since. After reading an earlier post about calling and asking to have restrictions lifted, I decided I had nothing to lose and gave it a shot. Five short minutes later, they told me that after reviewing my account they couldn't see why the account should have been restricted and lifted it!

This card was opened in 2004 and had a $12k limit, so I submitted a credit limit increase request for a $16k limit. Hopefully that comes through as it would bump me from $150 to $175 per add! I just thought others who have had this happen might be interested!

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2306 on: April 03, 2018, 03:25:21 PM »
Data point:

Capital One restricted one of my best cards last April after adding only 3 AUs on the card. They requested that I provide all sorts of information on each AU, and the tradeline company basically told me it was a lost cause - the card was going to be closed.

Fast forward to today: Capital One never did close the account, however there has been a restriction on it ever since. After reading an earlier post about calling and asking to have restrictions lifted, I decided I had nothing to lose and gave it a shot. Five short minutes later, they told me that after reviewing my account they couldn't see why the account should have been restricted and lifted it!

This card was opened in 2004 and had a $12k limit, so I submitted a credit limit increase request for a $16k limit. Hopefully that comes through as it would bump me from $150 to $175 per add! I just thought others who have had this happen might be interested!

Good luck on the Cap One CL increase. They absolutely refused to budge on mine and my wife's card. They actually lowered my CL because I wasn't using the card enough.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2307 on: April 04, 2018, 09:01:57 AM »
Thanks, although I'm not too worried about it. I'll be happy if I get a couple more sales out of it before they shut me down for good... lol!  Thankfully, CapOne already pissed me off from some travel that I'd booked through their travel portal (never again!), so it's really no loss to me if they shut it down again at some point. Until then, I'll hopefully get a few more sales out of it!

spot

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2308 on: April 04, 2018, 01:19:16 PM »
For those who had Discover cards shut down:

1) Did you have a discover checking or savings account also?
2) Did you have a balance on the card when shut down?

Curious if any of this would impact closure...

I did have a Discover savings account that I closed within the last year. I also did have a balance on the card for about $150. Don't know if it means anything, but their initial message said something to the effect of "You signed up for credit bureau fraud monitoring ..." I know I signed up for every kind of free protection I could get on all my cards after the Equifax breach. So maybe that had something to do with it.

kudy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2309 on: April 04, 2018, 06:07:26 PM »
Possibly related to AU activity - but I think it could also be something else - all 3 of my citibank cards were closed today. The front-line CSRs can't tell me anything and said I should wait for the letter in the mail. Maybe they think I'm a blowout risk? Does anyone have any experience with getting more info from citibank, or someone to talk to about reconsideration?

meatgrinder

• Stubble
« Reply #2310 on: April 04, 2018, 06:14:25 PM »

Possibly related to AU activity - but I think it could also be something else - all 3 of my citibank cards were closed today. The front-line CSRs can't tell me anything and said I should wait for the letter in the mail. Maybe they think I'm a blowout risk? Does anyone have any experience with getting more info from citibank, or someone to talk to about reconsideration?

How many AUs did you add and what was the frequency?  This is first I've heard of a Citi card going down potentially for AU.

kudy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2311 on: April 04, 2018, 06:50:11 PM »
How many AUs did you add and what was the frequency?  This is first I've heard of a Citi card going down potentially for AU.

Same for me, which is why I am skeptical - it could very well be some other reason.

The only adds I've had recently are 2 from last week, and 1 the previous month (all 3 on the same card). 1 of my citicards that was closed was not enrolled for AU usage (Costco card), and the other one has been "resting" at my request for a few months. So only 1 of the 3 closed cards has any recent AU activity.

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2312 on: April 05, 2018, 03:29:53 AM »
I wonder if the AU was somehow suspect. Like an imposter or something?

I empathize, I have several cards enrolled, and I have had at least one shut down and maybe have another shut down pending with Cap one. I am going to take a break at this point, but the money is good at 500-600$ a month average.

I am involved with two tradelene companies (neither of the recommended companies ).  I do find it stressful especially when I have to call to add social security numbers. I find it easiest when I can add online and  be done.

kudy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2313 on: April 05, 2018, 10:27:40 AM »
One of the cards sent me an electronic message stating the reason for closure was, "too many recent credit inquiries" - so I guess maybe not AU related? I am trying to reach someone to talk about it and see if they will reconsider.

yachi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2314 on: April 05, 2018, 07:50:33 PM »
I'm with the old company.  I just lost my 14-year old Discover card, even with fairly heavy charging.

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2315 on: April 06, 2018, 07:32:03 PM »
I got an add for my CITI card w/ the new Co.

The EMail telling me includes:
We have also found that making at least 1 small purchase to the authorized user card that you get in the mail from the bank is a good way to keep the card active and minimize the chance of closure due to lack of activity.  This is just a suggestion. 

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2316 on: April 06, 2018, 07:34:01 PM »
I've never received an AU card (using a traveling mailbox service that doesn't pass on mail unless it's addressed to me), let alone activated one or charged something to one. I wouldn't worry about it.

I do reload my Amazon account for $2.50 with my card for that account after I add the AU, so it shows up on their report (sometimes, with no balance, it won't show up).
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2317 on: April 07, 2018, 10:41:49 AM »
One of the cards sent me an electronic message stating the reason for closure was, "too many recent credit inquiries" - so I guess maybe not AU related? I am trying to reach someone to talk about it and see if they will reconsider.

Please update us when you do talk to them and tell us if you do get reinstated.  I have alot of inquiries also but I did not know that credit card companies keep an eye on that and may close you. I wonder if that is some excuse, anyone who got closed so far has had tradelines. That seems to be the common denominator. When my BOA got shut  down I had 3 or more AU on both cards ( because I never took my spouse off!) and when I called BOA they took the fraud alert off my cards and reinstated them, but then quickly closed mycards  and would not give me a reason. In one conversation I had with them a CSR said that one of my AU called in but could not answer my security questions.

spot

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2318 on: April 10, 2018, 09:22:54 AM »
I'm with the old company.  I just lost my 14-year old Discover card, even with fairly heavy charging.

Yeah I lost mine as well. I think Discover has figured it out.

Runner77

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2319 on: April 10, 2018, 04:23:57 PM »
The new company must be getting desperate. I signed up with 3 cards in December of 2016 and only had one sale last year. I got my first sale this year a couple of weeks ago and got notified today of another sale. I was going to pull my cards if I did not get any sales in March...glad I waited.

WFUDEAC

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2320 on: April 10, 2018, 06:56:17 PM »
Signed up thanks to Arebelspy's referral. Both spots immediately sold on first card. Second card has an end of month closing date so suspecting both those to be sold in about 2 weeks. These are the first two cards I ever opened at age 16 and 18 respectively so while neither is my daily card they give my credit history its age. If either were to get shut down I would probably just ask to be added as an AU to either my parents or in-laws card.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 07:02:15 PM by WFUDEAC »

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #2321 on: April 11, 2018, 12:40:45 AM »
Damn, Discover send me the dreaded "WE ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO MEET YOUR SERVICING NEEDS" email

I'm actually surprise since it's been 12 months since I had only two adds.  I've been using it regularly, but really only for reward category spending.  It's a pretty old account, too... over a decade.  In the end, it probably wasn't worth giving up the future rewards for those two adds.

So now what... am I blacklisted from Discover or can I just apply again some day?

The website says my account will be credited with my rewards points if account is closed... hope so, or it hurts even more

More data: I didn't have a savings/checking account (at one point I did, but only churned it for the bonus years ago), and I did have a few hundred dollar outstanding balance. 

In the end, Discover has not made money with me.  I first opened my account with them for a large balance transfer promotion: 0% INDEFINITELY as long as I made 2 purchases per month and minimum payments.  It took me like 5 years to pay off the balance transfer, and I made 2 tiny purchases per month so they never made more than a couple cents in interest.  Later on, I only used the card for 5% categories.  And then I had a couple piggybacking adds.  So I definitely made a few thousand from the relationship and they got very little.  So I guess I don't really blame them
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 12:52:05 AM by dragoncar »

MustachioedPistachio

• Stubble
« Reply #2322 on: April 11, 2018, 07:29:58 AM »
I signed up a bit less than a year ago...just got my first add. I had honestly forgotten about it. Seemed easy enough. :)

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2323 on: April 11, 2018, 09:54:41 AM »
Looking for some advice.

I signed up a second card with old TL company.  Both cards are with Barclays.  I have 5 spots on the first card.  They setup 2 spots on the second card.  Since it is the same issuer, would you recommend staying with only 2?  I think 2 may just be the default on a new card if you don't ask for more (I had forgotten this initially).

Thanks for any advice!

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2324 on: April 11, 2018, 10:20:16 AM »
Damn, Discover send me the dreaded "WE ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO MEET YOUR SERVICING NEEDS" email

I'm actually surprise since it's been 12 months since I had only two adds.  I've been using it regularly, but really only for reward category spending.  It's a pretty old account, too... over a decade.  In the end, it probably wasn't worth giving up the future rewards for those two adds.

So now what... am I blacklisted from Discover or can I just apply again some day?

The website says my account will be credited with my rewards points if account is closed... hope so, or it hurts even more

More data: I didn't have a savings/checking account (at one point I did, but only churned it for the bonus years ago), and I did have a few hundred dollar outstanding balance. 

In the end, Discover has not made money with me.  I first opened my account with them for a large balance transfer promotion: 0% INDEFINITELY as long as I made 2 purchases per month and minimum payments.  It took me like 5 years to pay off the balance transfer, and I made 2 tiny purchases per month so they never made more than a couple cents in interest.  Later on, I only used the card for 5% categories.  And then I had a couple piggybacking adds.  So I definitely made a few thousand from the relationship and they got very little.  So I guess I don't really blame them
That is quite alarming.   Regular use and no AUs in 12 months!!!
I had an AU on my Discover with the new co in Jan.  I removed the AU (w/o notice from the Co.)  The New Co. now shows my Discover as 'resting'.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #2325 on: April 11, 2018, 11:43:03 AM »
I'm actually surprise since it's been 12 months since I had only two adds.

<snip>

Some people may think that the CC companies are monitoring accounts on a regular basis and looking for activity they don't like so they can close your account.  And some CC companies may do so; I have no direct knowledge.

What I think is more likely, at least currently and the near term, is that they are periodically running queries to collect lists of accounts they may want to review, and then reviewing and closing those that they deem misfit clients (like me).  So while the "misfit" behavior may have occurred in what we view as the distant past, the company eventually gets around to the review and closure step later.

dragoncar and others, I am particularly interested in data points related to blacklisting.  If you get another card with Discover (or not) and happen to remember to post an update, I really would appreciate it.  It helps others assess the ongoing risk of this activity - getting accounts closed is one thing, being blacklisted for life is obviously a more significant risk.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2326 on: April 11, 2018, 11:51:50 AM »
I have my Discover card resting, but I hope it isn't closed for past AU activity.

I wouldn't use Discover right now, personally, as they seem to be doing aggressive closures over the last few months. Of course, if you don't care if it gets closed, fire away.

AFAIK, Chase is the only company that blacklists you.

Barclays seems to be the best; I've never heard of them closing an account for AU activity (though they can eventually hit a max AU lifetime limit per card). Doesn't mean it can't happen, and you should be prepared to lose any card you use for AU selling, but they don't seem to.

I'm glad to hear many people are seeing more sales (with both companies).

missundecided

• Bristles
« Reply #2327 on: April 11, 2018, 01:49:56 PM »
What's the max AU limit per card at Barclays?

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #2328 on: April 11, 2018, 10:05:45 PM »

<snip>

Some people may think that the CC companies are monitoring accounts on a regular basis and looking for activity they don't like so they can close your account.  And some CC companies may do so; I have no direct knowledge.

What I think is more likely, at least currently and the near term, is that they are periodically running queries to collect lists of accounts they may want to review, and then reviewing and closing those that they deem misfit clients (like me).  So while the "misfit" behavior may have occurred in what we view as the distant past, the company eventually gets around to the review and closure step later.

dragoncar and others, I am particularly interested in data points related to blacklisting.  If you get another card with Discover (or not) and happen to remember to post an update, I really would appreciate it.  It helps others assess the ongoing risk of this activity - getting accounts closed is one thing, being blacklisted for life is obviously a more significant risk.

I think you are right!

I’m also concerned more with blacklisting or even adverse credit scoring due or cross-issuer blacklistin (eg chase sees me as a greater risk because discover closed my account with a negative flag on credit report)

I’m happy to reapply to discover but I’m gonna want a nice bonus for the hard pull :-)  will let everyone know if I get any more data, and definitely let you know what happened to my rewards points within a month.  My last statement said I had zero rewards points but I haven’t seen their value credited to my account so while I’m not going to fight them in the closure I may have words with them over a few hundred in rewards points

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2329 on: April 12, 2018, 07:58:00 AM »

<snip>

I think you are right!

I’m also concerned more with blacklisting or even adverse credit scoring due or cross-issuer blacklistin (eg chase sees me as a greater risk because discover closed my account with a negative flag on credit report)

I’m happy to reapply to discover but I’m gonna want a nice bonus for the hard pull :-)  will let everyone know if I get any more data, and definitely let you know what happened to my rewards points within a month.  My last statement said I had zero rewards points but I haven’t seen their value credited to my account so while I’m not going to fight them in the closure I may have words with them over a few hundred in rewards points

Good luck with the rewards points - that's the problem with cards that have internal rewards systems, if they deem that they should shut down your account based on your activity, you're SOL on your points. I try to stick with cards that have external rewards (airlines, hotel, etc.) because once those points are earned they are deposited in your external account and they can't touch them. If you do use a card that has internal rewards, use those suckers up every month (or as often as possible)!

In regards to the hard pull, I've never been too concerned with it. I have 24 hard pulls on my Transunion report (I'm a rewards whore) and my score is in the low 700's (more because of 0% balances from home improvements than anything - was hovering around 800 before that). Regardless, was good enough to refinance a rental property last month. Hard pulls don't mean much for your score or the bank, at least in my experience.

jamaicaspanish

• Stubble
« Reply #2330 on: April 12, 2018, 09:01:47 AM »
Just received the:  WE ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO MEET YOUR SERVICING NEEDS
email.

21 year old card with my recurring NPR donation.
I had two AU adds eight months ago . . .

And closed with no warning.

Discover was my first foray into gaming the system . . . the 1% rebate in 1997 meant I was living large by paying only 99% as much as other consumer suckas . . .

RIP my first love

spot

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2331 on: April 12, 2018, 12:10:55 PM »
Just received the:  WE ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO MEET YOUR SERVICING NEEDS
email.

21 year old card with my recurring NPR donation.
I had two AU adds eight months ago . . .

And closed with no warning.

Discover was my first foray into gaming the system . . . the 1% rebate in 1997 meant I was living large by paying only 99% as much as other consumer suckas . . .

RIP my first love

Hahaha! Yep mine was over 20 and my "first love" as well. At least I didn't have to be on hold for 30 minutes and decline the sales pitch in order to close it out. :-)

erutio

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2332 on: April 12, 2018, 11:47:30 PM »
At this point, is there anyone still actively selling tradelines on their Discover card and have not had their card shut down?

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2333 on: April 13, 2018, 02:58:10 AM »
I have 3 users on my Discover currently, But I will  be removing them and letting the card Rest . I have been regularly using my chase cards also and am a little worried about being blacklisted. May have to rest them also.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2334 on: April 13, 2018, 07:29:42 AM »
I rested my discover a few months ago when we started hearing of issues.  I have 2 AUs still on it.  I may leave them for a while in case it helps.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #2335 on: April 13, 2018, 08:27:00 PM »
At this point, is there anyone still actively selling tradelines on their Discover card and have not had their card shut down?

I have my Discover card enrolled with the old recommended company (I like working with this company), and have been getting fairly regular* sales on my Discover card. So far no shutdown, which each add I keep wondering if it will be my last one. I think I'll get another one this month. Will report back if card shut down when I add AU or remove previous AUs. I had some hiccups last time Discover seemed to be auditing and rested my card then. Put it back for sales after that, and so far no problems.. knocking on wood.

*By fairly regular, so far this year: January two adds, February one add, March two adds, waiting on April
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 08:49:09 PM by CanuckExpat »

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #2336 on: April 13, 2018, 08:47:49 PM »

I have my Discover card enrolled with the old recommended company, and have been getting fairly regular* sales on my Discover card. So far no shutdown, which each add I keep wondering if it will be my last one. I think I'll get another one this month. Will report back if card shut down when I add AU or remove previous AUs. I had some hiccups last time Discover seemed to be auditing and rested my card then. Put it back for sales after that, and so far no problems.. knocking on wood.

Honestly if I still had a Discover card enrolled I would burn it to the ground with as many adds as I could get before they catch on.  I think it's only a matter of time before they review our accounts and anyone not shut down is lucky.  This is based on my own and others experience of closures even when no AU activity has occurred for a long period of time.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2337 on: April 16, 2018, 06:24:45 PM »
Mid-month (and two week) bump.

The "old" tradeline company is looking for cardholders, and is offering a $150 signup bonus for the month of April (if you use me as a referrer), on top of offering a lot of AU sales. :)

Details below; PM me for a referral.

New cardholders welcome, or people switching from other companies.

The old tradeline company is looking for more cards.

After still more research, they are still only one of two companies that I'd recommend (and currently the main one I'd recommend, since the "new" company, as we've been calling it, has a huge glut of cards).

Criteria: Minimum $5k limit, minimum two years old. Barclays, Capital One, Citibank, Discover, PNC, US Bank, USAA.

They obviously pay more for higher limits. Card age has no effect on payments with this company.

Here is their commission schedule (click to expand):
Spoiler: show
Discover, Citibank, Barclays, US Bank, and PNC - 2 Month Cycle Commission:
    Limit $5,000 - $15,000 and 2+ years old - $75 per spot
    Limit $15,000 - $20,000 and 2+ years old - $125 per spot
    Limit $20,001 - $30,000 and 2+ years old - $175 per spot
    Limit $30,001 - $40,000 and 2+ years old - $200 per spot
    Limit $40,001 - or more 2+ years old - $225 per spot

Capital One and USAA - 3 Month Cycle Commission:
    Limit $5,000 - $15,000 and 2+ years old - $75 per spot
    Limit $15,000 - $20,000 and 2+ years old - $150 per spot
    Limit $20,001 - $30,000 and 2+ years old - $200 per spot
    Limit $30,001 - $40,000 and 2+ years old - $250 per spot
    Limit $40,001 - or more 5+ years old - $275 per spot

2/3 month cycle means you are paid that one amount to keep the AU on for 2 months or 3 months, respectively.

They're also offering a $150 signup bonus this month--April 2018--for referrals, which I told them to give to you (that will be paid  with your first payment when your first AU posts).

If you originally got it when tradeline stuff started in July 2016 with "old company" it's the same info, but if you only ever signed up with "new company" post-January 2017, feel free to PM me for a referral for their information.  :)

Disclaimer: I will get a referral commission when you sell AU spots, but you will get paid the same whether you use my referral or not--it will not reduce your payment to have me as the referral, and for this month, you'll make $150 more than you would otherwise due to the signup bonus.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2338 on: April 16, 2018, 06:50:26 PM »
arebelspy -

If I am already with the "old" company and want to add another card with them, do i get a referral bonus for that or no?

missundecided

• Bristles
« Reply #2339 on: April 16, 2018, 07:44:42 PM »
I signed up with the old company with two cards about two weeks ago. No bites. I will be patient.

ditkanate

• Stubble
    • ditka's dumb journal
« Reply #2340 on: April 17, 2018, 07:23:42 AM »
I moved a couple cards over to the old company recently.  One of the cards shows 2 orders in the portal, though i haven't received the info to add them yet.  Assume that is due to them doing their AU diligence.  Good sign, though. 

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2341 on: April 17, 2018, 11:55:03 AM »
I moved 3 cards from the "new" company to the "old and immediately got 5/6 slots filled! Really happy with their volume, just hope it stays steady!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2342 on: April 17, 2018, 12:16:22 PM »
arebelspy -

If I am already with the "old" company and want to add another card with them, do i get a referral bonus for that or no?

I don't think so, no, it's for new cardholders, not new cards. Couldn't hurt to ask though. (Especially if you were with them a year+ ago, switched, and now are switching back, and never got a signup bonus before.)

I signed up with the old company with two cards about two weeks ago. No bites. I will be patient.

Could just be due to when your statement closes. If it just closed, you won't see sales until the next round. Could be something else, but that often happens.

I moved a couple cards over to the old company recently.  One of the cards shows 2 orders in the portal, though i haven't received the info to add them yet.  Assume that is due to them doing their AU diligence.  Good sign, though.

I moved 3 cards from the "new" company to the "old and immediately got 5/6 slots filled! Really happy with their volume, just hope it stays steady!

Cool, glad to hear it!  Their new marketing company bringing in AUs seems really good.

JLE1990

• Stubble
« Reply #2343 on: April 17, 2018, 01:16:11 PM »
Wow! I never get tired from the crazy things I learn on this forum. Sooo I'm actually refi-ing my car(was planning to do it in the next couple weeks), does anyone have an AU line I can use(for the going rate)? Or just a recommendation for a good company from the AU receiving side?

Making Cents

• Stubble
« Reply #2344 on: April 18, 2018, 12:40:07 PM »
Apologies if this is answered elsewhere above (couldn't find it if so), but can anyone confirm that I do not need to activate the AU card that just arrived by mail? Can I just cut it up immediately for security's sake? Thanks!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2345 on: April 18, 2018, 12:42:43 PM »
Apologies if this is answered elsewhere above (couldn't find it if so), but can anyone confirm that I do not need to activate the AU card that just arrived by mail? Can I just cut it up immediately for security's sake? Thanks!
Disposing of it without activating it is fine.

Some people activate it, and even put a charge on it, but most of us don't bother, and it doesn't seem to raise issues.

Making Cents

• Stubble
« Reply #2346 on: April 18, 2018, 12:46:50 PM »
Disposing of it without activating it is fine.

Some people activate it, and even put a charge on it, but most of us don't bother, and it doesn't seem to raise issues.

That was a quick answer! Thanks! :)

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #2347 on: April 18, 2018, 09:21:43 PM »
For Discover I don’t even have an AU card sent (there is an option when you add online not to send the card). So far always posted and no issues.

WFUDEAC

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2348 on: April 19, 2018, 03:07:52 PM »
All four spots sold in first month with "old" company. These are cards were opened in 2002 and 2004 and I have to think that makes them more valuable than younger cards. Wish I hadn't closed the other CapitalOne and BofA cards that I had previously. Hindsight is 20/20. Will have to churn some CCs just for the prospect of selling trade lines in the future. Already started with a Barclays card.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2349 on: April 19, 2018, 08:41:09 PM »
For Discover I don’t even have an AU card sent (there is an option when you add online not to send the card). So far always posted and no issues.

Same here with barclays.