Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 388600 times)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #2250 on: March 13, 2018, 08:04:54 AM »
I tried logging into the web portal this morning and got the message "UserName and/or Password Not Found or account has been disabled." Anyone else having issues?

Working for me, though it did have me reset my password when logging in, I believe implemented recently as a security measure.

It gave me an error about needing a capital letter, lowercase letter, number, and symbol, which I did have, but finally realized it had a hidden maximum length, so if you're getting that error, try a shorter password.

We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with two kids.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.
We (occasionally) blog at AdventuringAlong.com.
You can also read my forum "Journal."

MasterStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2251 on: March 13, 2018, 08:25:21 AM »
I tried logging into the web portal this morning and got the message "UserName and/or Password Not Found or account has been disabled." Anyone else having issues?

I posted yesterday about having the same issue when trying to login. I give up. This company royally sucks! Time to move on.

robartsd

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2252 on: March 13, 2018, 08:37:03 AM »
It gave me an error about needing a capital letter, lowercase letter, number, and symbol, which I did have, but finally realized it had a hidden maximum length, so if you're getting that error, try a shorter password.
I hate hidden password rules, especially those that prevent more secure passwords (characters not allowed, maximum length). NIST guidelines suggest a password field should allow at least 64 characters.

ducky19

• Bristles
« Reply #2253 on: March 13, 2018, 09:54:14 AM »
I sent an email and got a prompt response from Cliff:

"Last week I asked our programmer to require everybody to change their passwords as a precaution. I also asked him to require the minimum strength to be increased and it sounds like he needs to take a look at see if he has any errors in his coding. No need to be concerned though, it痴 definitely not indicative of any issues pertaining to unauthorized access."

He is having his programmer look at my account, so hopefully we get it sorted quickly. He was very responsive though!

TomTX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2254 on: March 13, 2018, 12:00:18 PM »
can anyone share experience using Chase cards? any good companies that still take them and how has it gone
thanks

Read the thread.
Credit card signup bonuses:

Chase 4 ways!
Freedom: $150 bonus on $500 spend https://www.referyourchasecard.com/2/03KSQF2G5T
CSP: 50k UR ($500) on $4k spend https://www.referyourchasecard.com/6/UW0KPNQ0C6
CSR: 50k UR ($500) on $4k spend https://www.referyourchasecard.com/19/AOWAI3BZ35
CIP (business): 80k UR ($800) on $5k spend https://www.referyourchasecard.com/21/734C6BFZO3

Amex Platinum: 60k MR on $5k spend (try to get targeted for a 100k offer instead) http://refer.amex.us/THOMASCt2z
Amex Hilton Ascend: 100k HH points on $2k spend + Gold status http://refer.amex.us/THOMASYKOS

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2255 on: March 13, 2018, 01:00:13 PM »

Working for me, though it did have me reset my password when logging in, I believe implemented recently as a security measure.

I logged in on the weekend and immediately had to choose a new password.
It said my new password was good - even before I typed it again to confirm it (which, in hindsight, was a red flag).  I tried to log in with the new password and got the message "UserName and/or Password Not Found or account has been disabled."
I called Monday morning.  It took a while for the gal to understand I'm an 'AU seller' (they call us 'card holders').  Confirming who I am took a bit too - our card #s are different from our ID #...  Then... she read my old PW!!  I worked in IT network support for 20 yrs.  I've never seen a system where ANYONE could 'read' someone's PW!!  That is NOT a secure system!!!
I logged in with my old, not very complex, PW and put in my new one (twice).  Then I logged in with the new PW.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2256 on: March 13, 2018, 01:26:54 PM »
This is strange. I have not had to change my password, even though Cliff said "everyone" should be required to change it.

However, it appears a new interface went live this weekend. I see a blue bar across the top of the screen, and a blue box with a welcome message when I log in. Those are new.

Joel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2257 on: March 13, 2018, 02:41:29 PM »
Then... she read my old PW!!  I worked in IT network support for 20 yrs.  I've never seen a system where ANYONE could 'read' someone's PW!!  That is NOT a secure system!!!

Wow. This emphasizes the importance of unique passwords for every website. I知 also glad I quit selling tradelines a few months ago.

TomTX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2258 on: March 13, 2018, 07:38:24 PM »
Then... she read my old PW!!  I worked in IT network support for 20 yrs.  I've never seen a system where ANYONE could 'read' someone's PW!!  That is NOT a secure system!!!

Wow. This emphasizes the importance of unique passwords for every website. I知 also glad I quit selling tradelines a few months ago.

That's real incompetence. Plaintext password should NEVER be visible to others.

Chase 4 ways!
Freedom: $150 bonus on $500 spend https://www.referyourchasecard.com/2/03KSQF2G5T
CSR: 50k UR ($500) on $4k spend https://www.referyourchasecard.com/19/AOWAI3BZ35
CIP (business): 80k UR ($800) on $5k spend https://www.referyourchasecard.com/21/734C6BFZO3

Amex Platinum: 60k MR on $5k spend (try to get targeted for a 100k offer instead) http://refer.amex.us/THOMASCt2z
Amex Hilton Ascend: 100k HH points on $2k spend + Gold status http://refer.amex.us/THOMASYKOS

lifewithbenandjen

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Freedom to help others!
    • www.lifewithbenandjen.com
« Reply #2259 on: March 14, 2018, 02:01:50 PM »
I'm a little disappointed because I just found out about selling credit lines but it seems the companies have gotten worse and that CC companies have been catching on. I think it would be very easy for them to realize that I am adding random users after having absolutely no activity on the card for almost 10 years. I'd be very curious to see what the seasoned tradeline sellers think. Is it too late to get in? Do the new risks outweigh the rewards?
www.lifewithbenandjen.com

Tag along to see how we gain financial freedom in order to move to Kenya to follow our dream of helping orphans!

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2260 on: March 14, 2018, 02:24:43 PM »
It really depends on the credit card company you're thinking of using. Obviously Discover, Bank of America, and Chase are a problem.
I think Barclay, PNC, US Bank, Citi still ok.

hgjjgkj

• Stubble
« Reply #2261 on: March 14, 2018, 03:36:33 PM »
Discover use to practically beg people to do this so its odd they did an about face. As an update, the new company paid me on time this month without prompting

yachi

• Stubble
« Reply #2262 on: March 15, 2018, 07:14:10 AM »
I just added an AU on Discover using the old company, and it went through fine.  I've found myself making more purchases on my Discover card as an incentive to keep my card open.  I've also been selecting 'don't send a card' to keep Discover's costs low.  Based on the article above, I've decided to check all the uploaded IDs before adding a user.

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2263 on: March 15, 2018, 10:03:10 AM »
It really depends on the credit card company you're thinking of using. Obviously Discover, Bank of America, and Chase are a problem.
I think Barclay, PNC, US Bank, Citi still ok.
That is now.  I suspect it to change, and keep changing over time.
I have an AU on my Discover...  I'm going to take it off 3 days after my next closing date.

meatgrinder

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2264 on: March 15, 2018, 10:59:54 AM »
I just added an AU on Discover using the old company, and it went through fine.  I've found myself making more purchases on my Discover card as an incentive to keep my card open.  I've also been selecting 'don't send a card' to keep Discover's costs low.  Based on the article above, I've decided to check all the uploaded IDs before adding a user.

How do you "check" IDs before adding?

spacecadet610

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2265 on: March 15, 2018, 12:05:18 PM »
i still haven't got paid for AU added 12/7.

Cliff hasn't responded to my email about it i sent 5 days ago.

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2266 on: March 15, 2018, 01:07:43 PM »

Send a message to arebelspy about it.

MsFrugalista

• Stubble
« Reply #2267 on: March 15, 2018, 09:33:19 PM »

Ditto. I haven't received payment for my 12/6/17 add. I have emailed Cliff and Erica multiple times.
FIRE'd since Oct 2016

spacecadet610

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2268 on: March 15, 2018, 11:19:55 PM »
This company is either extremely incompetent, negligent or corrupt. I don't know know which.

Thinking of not doing this anymore.

dakota5176

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2269 on: March 19, 2018, 04:23:18 PM »
I just got a request to remove an authorized user from my B of A.  This AU has been on since 12/4 and I have another AU on as well.  Do you think I should leave the AU on longer so it doesn't look as suspicious?

katsiki

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2270 on: March 20, 2018, 10:55:30 AM »
I just received a payment.  Hopefully, everyone will see them too.
"There are two ways to get enough. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less." - G.K. Chesterton

FrontRanger

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2271 on: March 20, 2018, 11:42:42 AM »
first timer question. I just got my first check from the new company for an add back in December running through February. At what point do you get notified to remove the AU? Or do you simply wait a few days after the billing period ends and remove them? I have yet to get any communications about removal....

hgjjgkj

• Stubble
« Reply #2272 on: March 20, 2018, 12:32:58 PM »
first timer question. I just got my first check from the new company for an add back in December running through February. At what point do you get notified to remove the AU? Or do you simply wait a few days after the billing period ends and remove them? I have yet to get any communications about removal....

From my experience it should be right about now you get the removal request. However like all things with this company you sometimes have to email and pester them

yachi

• Stubble
« Reply #2273 on: March 20, 2018, 01:24:49 PM »

How do you "check" IDs before adding?

With the old company, they upload IDs in case you need it to add the AU.  I'm checking to make sure they match in name, and that they are there.  The one I had already added uploaded a pay stub instead of a social security card.  The next time that happens I won't add them.

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #2274 on: March 20, 2018, 02:41:41 PM »

From my experience it should be right about now you get the removal request. However like all things with this company you sometimes have to email and pester them

You'll get an email from the portal to remove them when the company thinks it is the right time.  I always wait for that email before removing the AU.  Sometimes they will have you leave the AU on for longer than you expect.  I don't know the reason for that but I am guessing that as long as they don't have another sale for you on that card they'll leave the AU on.  Leaving AUs on longer may look less suspicious to the CC companies (although only marginally less suspicious IMO).
Like Overwatch?  Check out this YouTube channel:  http://bit.ly/AgeOfEon

MVal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2275 on: March 21, 2018, 01:00:15 PM »
Guys, my Discover card account just got closed due to them getting wise about tradelining. What should I do? Is there a chance they'll let me re-open the account? I knew it was part of the risks, but it sucks since I had a high credit limit with them...I guess this is going to ruin my credit score?
Proverbs 13:4
The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the soul of the diligent is made fat.

Proverbs 13:11
Wealth obtained by fraud dwindles, but the one who gathers by labor increases it.

https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wGp3WGH/savings.png

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #2276 on: March 21, 2018, 01:08:29 PM »
Guys, my Discover card account just got closed due to them getting wise about tradelining. What should I do? Is there a chance they'll let me re-open the account? I knew it was part of the risks, but it sucks since I had a high credit limit with them...I guess this is going to ruin my credit score?

I doubt they will let you reopen it.  You can always call and ask, but I wouldn't expect anything.  Alternatively, you could wait a little bit and apply for a new card from Discover or any of the other issuers.  It would be interesting to know if one is blackballed in this situation.

And yes, account closure is the main risk of doing this.  I think ARS pretty clearly stated that in the OP and others have stated it throughout the thread.

Your score may drop some.  By how much depends on the rest of your credit report.  For most people I think "ruin" would be on the strong side.  Wait a week for it to report the bureaus and then pull it with creditkarma or similar and see.

meatgrinder

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2277 on: March 21, 2018, 01:39:34 PM »

I don't think it will ruin it.  Even if this is the only credit card on your report, from my understanding it will still be included in your score for several years to come until it is completely removed from the calculation.

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #2278 on: March 21, 2018, 02:28:12 PM »

I don't think it will ruin it.  Even if this is the only credit card on your report, from my understanding it will still be included in your score for several years to come until it is completely removed from the calculation.

It will be included in terms of average age of accounts (which is helpful) but will be excluded from available credit in terms of amount of credit used (which could be good or bad depending on how much other credit the person has and how much of it they are using).

TomTX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2279 on: March 21, 2018, 02:40:36 PM »

Did they actually give a reason for the closure? What exactly did it say?

But yeah, you are unlikely to get it reopened if they closed it for tradelines. Call in, maybe you will get lucky.

Chase 4 ways!

MVal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2280 on: March 21, 2018, 03:56:11 PM »

Did they actually give a reason for the closure? What exactly did it say?

But yeah, you are unlikely to get it reopened if they closed it for tradelines. Call in, maybe you will get lucky.

I tried calling and the initial operator looking at my account saw something about authorized users, but couldn't give me further details and told me to call another number. I haven't called that other number yet. If I call and they ask why I added these people, I guess I can't lie and I'll tell the truth.
The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the soul of the diligent is made fat.

Wealth obtained by fraud dwindles, but the one who gathers by labor increases it.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #2281 on: March 22, 2018, 03:09:05 AM »
Are people with account closures getting them shortly after adding/removing an AU or long after?  I had two sales a year ago so hoping I知 safe, but wondering what the trigger is.  Are we taking monthly sales or just a few here and there?

BikeFanatic

• Stubble
« Reply #2282 on: March 22, 2018, 03:30:47 AM »
I had my Bank of America cards shut down after I added 3 users to each one in a short amount of time.  It was soon after I had added one. One card I had not used for a year  and then used it and added. I don't know if we can figure out the trigger. I suspet they were  doing an audit. I also was called 6 months ago by Discover and they asked me to confirm the AU which my wife did. She is the cool cucumber,  I was nervous.  Now I limit myself to 2 user per card per 2-3 month period.  Currently I have another user lined up I may add them first, but then quickly remove the old one so that I only have 2 again.  I like the money but understand the game could be over at any time.  I consider the money a bonus.

MVal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2283 on: March 22, 2018, 08:58:03 AM »
Are people with account closures getting them shortly after adding/removing an AU or long after?  I had two sales a year ago so hoping I知 safe, but wondering what the trigger is.  Are we taking monthly sales or just a few here and there?

For me, this was my 3rd or 4th user I'd removed. I received no communication from Discover, my card just stopped working.

meatgrinder

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2284 on: March 22, 2018, 12:06:11 PM »
I had my Bank of America cards shut down after I added 3 users to each one in a short amount of time.  It was soon after I had added one. One card I had not used for a year  and then used it and added. I don't know if we can figure out the trigger. I suspet they were  doing an audit. I also was called 6 months ago by Discover and they asked me to confirm the AU which my wife did. She is the cool cucumber,  I was nervous.  Now I limit myself to 2 user per card per 2-3 month period.  Currently I have another user lined up I may add them first, but then quickly remove the old one so that I only have 2 again.  I like the money but understand the game could be over at any time.  I consider the money a bonus.

I hope its a one time audit and not a systematic-ongoing audit that closes cards based on AU activity and other factors. That would be the beginning of the end if others catch on.  Of my two closed BOA cards, one was dormant for ~10 years/$30K credit line when I added two AUs over the course of two months the other dormant 2 years/$35K credit line and I added one AU and it was closed.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2285 on: March 22, 2018, 01:24:33 PM »
captial one has been lowering credit limits when they arent being utilized myself and a friend both recently had this happen.  I'm a gold Member at BofA so maybe i skate by there without as much scrutiny but i've added and removed probably 20-30 people between 2 cards over the last almost 2 years and have had no shutdowns.
My Miles Journal -Learn to Manufacture spend(MS)

Best bonuses on Credit cards right now
SW Plus Card 50k Bonus - use it with the Companion pass hack!

Personal Capital - Track your spending and Investing

Pizzabrewer

• Bristles
« Reply #2286 on: March 22, 2018, 01:42:40 PM »
I'm surprised arebelspy hasn't chimed in here lately.  He started this whole thing and now that it's blowing up with numerous complaints he's disappeared? 

I have a few cards that are aged almost 2 years that I planned to sell tradelines.  Now I'm not so sure it's worth it.

ducky19

• Bristles
« Reply #2287 on: March 22, 2018, 01:58:54 PM »
Definitely not arebelspy's fault! Personally, I'm glad he let the rest of us in on this. He warned us all of the possibilities of card closure - if you have a card you don't want shut down, don't sell tradelines on it. Simple. I wouldn't be surprised if arebelspy isn't somewhere off the grid at the moment. If not, he most likely would have chimed in already. Please feel free to drop out if you don't want to risk card closure though, I could use more sales...  ;)

Cassie

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2288 on: March 22, 2018, 02:01:43 PM »
They just had a major health scare recently with their new baby so he has more important things on his mind at this point I am sure.

katsiki

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2289 on: March 22, 2018, 02:07:55 PM »
- if you have a card you don't want shut down, don't sell tradelines on it. Simple.

^This.

As it has been mentioned numerous times, there are a couple of CC companies that seem to be oblivious.  One could sign up for those companies and let them age.  Hopefully, this will continue for a few more years or longer.
"There are two ways to get enough. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less." - G.K. Chesterton

Pizzabrewer

• Bristles
« Reply #2290 on: March 22, 2018, 02:23:42 PM »
They just had a major health scare recently with their new baby so he has more important things on his mind at this point I am sure.

I was not aware of this.  He had always chimed in previously when the complaints piled up so I was wondering why he hadn't checked in lately.  Obviously family health issues trump this kind of stuff.

Cassie

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2291 on: March 22, 2018, 02:45:02 PM »
He posted about it on one of his threads. I can't remember if it was the Babyspy thread or his where is he thread.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2292 on: March 22, 2018, 03:48:10 PM »
I'm surprised arebelspy hasn't chimed in here lately.  He started this whole thing and now that it's blowing up with numerous complaints he's disappeared?

I haven't been on the forums much in the last few months, because life. I pretty much just log in to respond to PMs and moderator reports.

I still monitor the thread sometimes, but don't feel the need to chime in when others are doing it. If you have a specific question, feel free to ask, or PM me. :)

As far as the complaints:
1) Late payments: All December payments were made, and half of January (the ones due a few weeks ago). Payments are late, and have been for awhile, but they're getting caught up, rather than falling behind. I'm definitely monitoring this.
2) Card closures: Yeah, it sucks when your card is closed. If you don't want to risk that, definitely don't sell tradelines on it. There are a few issuers that seem to never close cards (like Barclays), but it's still a risk even with them.

My offer is always open to help act as a liaison with any of the tradeline companies I've vetted, and people take me up on it semi-regularly, with pretty good results. If you have a concern, always feel free to PM me. :)
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with two kids.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.
We (occasionally) blog at AdventuringAlong.com.
You can also read my forum "Journal."

Padonak

• Stubble
« Reply #2293 on: March 22, 2018, 07:01:03 PM »

Did BofA just shut down the cards you used for tradelines or all your cards with them? Did it happen at the same time?

BikeFanatic

• Stubble
« Reply #2294 on: March 22, 2018, 07:15:43 PM »
BOA shut down both of the cards I had with them and I did tradelines on both those cards.
I had just started, and only had tjhose 2 accounts for a little over a year.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2295 on: March 23, 2018, 06:07:27 AM »
i'm intrigued to hear more details about people's relationships with BofA who are getting shutdown - do you have a bank account with them and how long you've been active with them b/c i've had no issues as i said above.  Wonder if the gold status helps out.
My Miles Journal -Learn to Manufacture spend(MS)

Best bonuses on Credit cards right now
SW Plus Card 50k Bonus - use it with the Companion pass hack!

Personal Capital - Track your spending and Investing

Car Jack

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2296 on: March 23, 2018, 08:25:23 AM »
Just a data point.  I had opened with that newer, sketchier tradeline co and immediately got 2 BoA AUs.  I added them.  Then got the message that one AU used a stolen CC to pay for their tradeline, remove them.  I did.  Other went fine.  Removed when told, paid.  BoA hasn't peeped.  I don't really care, though.  I have 4 CCs with BoA, literally opened only to collect the sign on bonus in my regular churning.  I don't care if they close them all down.  They don't even do low balance forgiveness.

ss17

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2297 on: March 23, 2018, 09:08:32 AM »
I also had a BOA card closed after I signed up and had my 1'st 2 adds with the new company back in Jan 2017.  This was an old card with a high limit that I hadn't used much recently. 
Last year, I had also started churning for signup bonuses, & last month I saw a BOA card that made sense to signup for.  Unfortunately, I was denied for the card by BOA,  since I have excellent credit, I called to inquire, & was told I was denied due to BOA closing the card last year, so if you want to Churn BOA cards, then you won't want to sell TL's on them.

bernardnb

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2298 on: March 23, 2018, 09:20:51 AM »

My Cap One and Discover cards were shut down somewhere around a month after the last additions, so it wasn't immediate.  I had been paid for them, but had not yet been instructed to remove. 

As a data point here is what happened to me (note I do not use either tradeline company that has been recommended here).

In December 2017 Cap One card is put in "temporarily restricted" status.  I call to find out why and they say something about concerns over fraud and that I would need to submit the DL and signed SS card of my AUs.  I get those from tradeline company and provide to Cap One.  They come back and say that I need to supply those documents for ALL the AUs that I have ever added.  From 7/2016 through 11/2017 I added 20 AUs.  I receive all the documents and supply them, but one of SS cards was not signed.  Tradeline company tries to track down AU, but has no luck in getting a signed version.  Cap One will not budget on lifting restriction.  Although not sure they were going to lift it even with all the docs.

This account is technically not closed.  Tradeline company suggested waiting 6 months to see if it gets lifted or requesting the restriction be lifted at that time.

From 7/2016 through 1/2018 I added 23 AUs to my Discover card.  The last 2 adds were paid as well, but before being told to remove them my two Discover accounts (one being used for AUs and one in process of seasoning)  were closed March 8 .  I called to find out why, but was given some generic answer that others have received and was told to write a letter for more info.  I also received a note in my account's inbox that read as follows:

As part of normal account review procedures, we have reviewed your account. Based on this review, we are closing your credit line to further transactions. The following reason(s) will help explain our decision:

- WE ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO MEET YOUR SERVICING NEEDS

Not exactly sure what that means and I did write a letter, but I'm expecting some standard response without any real further answer. 

Also, not sure if it's BS and she is just trying to sympathize with me, but my contact at the tradeline company said her Discover was shut down as well and that she had never added an AU.

I knew it could go away at anytime, but definitely sucks to lose them.  Had made almost $6800 since starting.  I do have 4-5 other cards that are just aging in, but don't expect much activity since they are so young.

Zap

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2299 on: March 23, 2018, 09:40:33 AM »
I have one BoA card with the "old" company. I only sell two TLs on it and since last fall they have been staggered where I only add/remove one per month. The company was resting the card for several months last summer.

So with that background in mind, something has changed with BoA. Previously, all the customer service reps followed the same script: destroy the card and any checks, you will still be responsible for any charges made, yadda yadda. Easy peasy. With the last two it's changed. On one call the rep asked my relationship with the AU. They also offered to issue a new account number of prevent future unauthorized use. On the other, the rep wanted to make sure the AU I was removing wasn't deceased. Again, they offered a new card and number.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk