Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1906682 times)

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
Should you use the cards for the tradeline people you receive?  I had an email from the company suggesting I charge some purchases to it?

Timmm

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
FrugalSaver, that sounds like a very important step. I haven't done this yet, but a charge over $2 makes sure that the issuer WILL report updates to the credit agencies. When there's no balance (or a small balance that they write off), I gather some issuers may not send any new info to the agencies. So added AUs would remain off credit reports.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
FrugalSaver, that sounds like a very important step. I haven't done this yet, but a charge over $2 makes sure that the issuer WILL report updates to the credit agencies. When there's no balance (or a small balance that they write off), I gather some issuers may not send any new info to the agencies. So added AUs would remain off credit reports.
The charge just needs to be made on the account for it to post, not necessarily the AU card.

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
The charge just needs to be made on the account for it to post, not necessarily the AU card.

What's the difference?  How does one make a charge on the account without using the AU card?

TomTX

• Walrus Stache

What's the difference?  How does one make a charge on the account without using the AU card?

All cards (main user and AU) are on the same account.  You don't get a separate bill or something because you have an AU. Some companies will show which card was used (main or an AU) - but it's all on the same account.

If you think about it, that's the point behind the whole exercise. The AU gets associated with your account. So that their credit history shows your account. If it was an all new account for them, it wouldn't help their credit score.

skuzuker28

• Stubble
Got my first two AUs today. Added without a hitch.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

hunt2eat

• 5 O'Clock Shadow

Great! I'm still waiting on my first add I signed up in Jan.

lmf

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Any word on when we can expect payment for adds done in April?

solon

• Handlebar Stache
I just had a brief email exchange with Erica. I was asked to add a new AU, and not remove the two AUs I already have on the card. So that means there will be three AUs on the card for a while. She confirmed that is correct. They are starting to relax their two-at-a-time standard.

I'm supposed to leave those two older AUs on the card until 6/15, but I will be paid for them on Monday, 6/5.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian

April adds were paid end of May (yesterday, and I believe some went out today). You should see it in your bank account within 3-4 business days, due to transfer time.

If you haven't seen the deposit pending in your bank account by early next week, PM me or contact the owner.  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos

April adds were paid end of May (yesterday, and I believe some went out today). You should see it in your bank account within 3-4 business days, due to transfer time.

If you haven't seen the deposit pending in your bank account by early next week, PM me or contact the owner.  :)

This is something that New Company and MTC could do better.  Provide exact date to remove an AU and the exact date and amount I'll be paid.  Obviously could be automated via a portal.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Owner has confirmed all payments for April were sent, and also mentioned that some people never sent a W9, voided check or put bank account info in the portal.

You'll need to do this to get paid.  :)

You can do it manually through email, or through the Portal (click "My Documents" and upload them there).
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Optimiser

• Pencil Stache
Owner has confirmed all payments for April were sent, and also mentioned that some people never sent a W9, voided check or put bank account info in the portal.

You'll need to do this to get paid.  :)

You can do it manually through email, or through the Portal (click "My Documents" and upload them there).

If I submitted this info pre-portal do I need to do it again?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian

No.

Only if you've never submitted your payment information.

Optimiser

• Pencil Stache

No.

Only if you've never submitted your payment information.

Hmm, okay. I logged into the portal and there wasn't anything under my documents, so I uploaded the contract, W9, and voided check even though I emailed those to them in Feb. just to be on the safe side.

aetherie

• Pencil Stache
I don't see my payment pending yet, but I'll give it until next week like you said. I definitely sent in a W9 etc. when I signed up.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
I don't see my payment pending yet, but I'll give it until next week like you said. I definitely sent in a W9 etc. when I signed up.

Same here.  Just for fun, I put them into the portal too today.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
I just had a brief email exchange with Erica. I was asked to add a new AU, and not remove the two AUs I already have on the card. So that means there will be three AUs on the card for a while. She confirmed that is correct. They are starting to relax their two-at-a-time standard.

I'm supposed to leave those two older AUs on the card until 6/15, but I will be paid for them on Monday, 6/5.

As someone who has yet to have a sale, that's really irritating.

ohheythere

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I would very much like to participate in this.  Would someone be kind enough to DM me the company name? 

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
I would very much like to participate in this.  Would someone be kind enough to DM me the company name?

You have to private message arebelspy   on here.

ohheythere

• 5 O'Clock Shadow

Thank you, the reason I had posted this comment as I had tried this multiple times and get some not allowed message.  Which makes me think there's a post count threshold?  Thank you David and have a nice day.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache

As someone who has yet to have a sale, that's really irritating.

Why do some people get more sales than others? I have very good credit cards with "old" and "new" companies. Well over 2 years old, credit limits over 20K, on some cards over 30K.

I had two sales with the "old" company last year, none this year. Two sales with the new company this year. I did everything right, added AUs within 24 hours of notifications. Called the banks to provide all the details. Removed the AUs on time.

That's it. No sales since early spring.

What the fuck is going on?

« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 06:02:07 PM by Padonak »

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache

Thank you, the reason I had posted this comment as I had tried this multiple times and get some not allowed message.  Which makes me think there's a post count threshold?  Thank you David and have a nice day.

Be patient and do try again, don't be discouraged, but obviously there are a lot of people who haven't gotten tradeline sales as the company is inundated with credit cards from MMM blogosphere

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
Why do some people get more sales than others? I have very good credit cards with "old" and "new" companies. Well over 2 years old, credit limits over 20K, on some cards over 30K.

I don't know that this is the reason, but.....perhaps customers come in and can only afford the cheaper/newer/lower limit cards.  I've got 4 cards registered and have only had AUs on my $10k, barely 2 year card.  All the others are higher limits and older and zip on them. 

rharringtonx

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Any tradeline co.'s that accept Chase?

Is anyone opening multiple cards and waiting for them to mature for extra cash or would that be minimal?

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
As Car Jack said, it is hard to figure out but my experience is similar.  My cards that are 24-27 months over 10K see more action that an older cards and higher limit cards.

ShellyFlorida

• 5 O'Clock Shadow

What cards, limits and years did you have and when did you first sign up?

skuzuker28

• Stubble

What cards, limits and years did you have and when did you first sign up?
USBank, 18500, signed up earlier in May.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
As Car Jack said, it is hard to figure out but my experience is similar.  My cards that are 24-27 months over 10K see more action that an older cards and higher limit cards.

That is my theory as well. I had a couple immediate sales on a much older card with really high CL. Nothing in the last several months though. I opened a few new cards for sign up bonuses and possible AU sales (if it's still happening) down the road.

cheapass

• Pencil Stache
  • On track for FIRE @ 40
Has anyone been paid yet for April adds? I'm still waiting

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache

nope...

lmf

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I'm still waiting to be paid for my April adds as well.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
I'm still waiting to be paid for my April adds as well.

Me four.

charuhans

• 5 O'Clock Shadow

Nope, waiting ...

coolshemp

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Nothing added to my checking account this morning....

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Just got news from the owner on April's payments (sent last week).

Apparently everything was sent to their payroll processor on the 31st (last Thurs), but apparently the person who does it didn't receive in time and then was out of the office Fri & Mon and didn't let them know, so they're just being processed today (Tuesday).

Word is they should be direct deposited in two days, on Thursday.

Nothing I can do about it, but still.. sorry.  =/

There have been some embarassing screwups, and I feel bad that the whole thing isn't smooth with the company I'm recommending.

You will get paid, and it's still a good income, but it's annoying, I'm sure, to be expecting a payment and have it not show up on time.

So that's the status. Thursday.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
A payroll processor who essentially shuts down when one person is out of the office?  Sounds like someone should fire them pronto.  Alternately, I'd like to offer my services.  I'll promise to not send out payments for half of what they get.

cheapass

• Pencil Stache
  • On track for FIRE @ 40
A payroll processor who essentially shuts down when one person is out of the office?  Sounds like someone should fire them pronto.

Seriously. The more life experience I collect in business and professional realms, the more I'm amazed at how many people don't have any of their shit together.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
Just paid for April

aetherie

• Pencil Stache

sobezen

• Bristles
Another month gone by with no sales :(   

Same. And I had all my info submitted over a week before my January closing date. So, missed January, February, March and April. Admittedly, one of the 3 cards is BoA and "resting" now.

Same here - I'm actually thinking about removing my cards from this service.  I might try the "old" company and see how they do with a card or two.  The opportunity cost of just letting these cards sit in this companies queue is just too high.

Ditto.  Seems like the demand for this service might not be as high as imagined.  Will give it another quarter and then reassess.  So far no activity.

Has anyone else had ZERO activity?  If so kindly share your experiences.  So far NOTHING which I find baffling since I have a really good card posted and credit history.  Shrugs.  Will give until end of summer and see what happens.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
Maybe they're just clamping down more, or the fact that I'm fairly consistently selling 3 Discover AU slots per month these days is triggering something...fingers crossed it isn't a sign of a coming card shutdown.

If you can, let me know if you get a new sale on your Discover and if it works out ok, or if you have problems.

I decided to be conservative and ask them to not sell any AU on that card currently. I will let it rest for one cycle. Probably was unnecessary, but I didn't want to deal with any hassle.

So a couple days ago I had a call from Discovery Fraud prevention. Essentially to validate which AUs I had added, and that it was me who added them. The voicemail was scary sounding, but verifying the AU's and that it was me who added them was straightforward.

Strange that they called out of the blue, two weeks plus since my last AU add...

N

• Handlebar Stache
  • You must change your life. -Rainer Maria Rilke
sobezen- Ive had zero activity. despite a great card, signed up and all documents sent in january. I even wrote them last month and asked if there was anything I should/could do. The response I got was ''yeah, that is a great card. the customers select cards, so who knows?''

honestly, I dont understand. the month prior to that, the company sent an email acknowledging the huge surge of sellers, and explicitly said that they intended to fill their prior sellers before the newbies. Yet, I see multiple posters here, who are as new as me, getting more adds than they can handle. Ive had none. From the posts here, I dont know what to think. I feel petty, complaining that Im not getting my free money, and I should be grateful for the opportunity, but Im sour. And what are my options? I cant have my card listed at multiple companies. I have to choose one. I had one sale in all the time I had it at the first recommended company...so....

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
For those of you not seeing sales, there's a few options:
1) Take the card to another tradeline company. For reasons listed in the initial posts, I don't recommend most of them out there (only two), as I think they're a good way to get your card shut down, but the Mustachian willing to be riskier may want to do so. (Note: Other companies may not have any sales for you either, as the industry as a whole has more cards than AUs, from what I understand, but it's possible.)

2) Sell the lines yourself. If you can find (and verify) AUs, you can make way more than the cut you're getting here, plus get sales, rather than none.

3) Don't sell lines, give up, if it's not worth the hassle frustration (not much hassle in waiting).

4) Be patient and cross your fingers.

I wish I had something better for you. People are seeing sales (and as with anything, the ones who are not seeing them are more vocal--see, for example, the fact that there were more posts about not being paid yet than the number of posts when people were paid). From the metrics I can tell, the new recommendation is selling more lines than the old one, but it's still a numbers game where supply is greater than demand.

I do think there are a number of things the TL companies could be doing better (especially in regards to marketing and bringing in AUs), including some I've recently discussed with the owner of the current TL recommendation, so hopefully everyone will start seeing more sales, but until then, I don't really know what to tell you.

Sorry!

LifestyleDeflation

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Living the FIRE life pre-FIRE
Question for you ARS- you mentioned that you don't keep your physical cards with you since you're on the road. Do you mind sharing what your monthly purchases on the cards are to keep a balance? Do you have enough recurring bills to have one on each card?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Question for you ARS- you mentioned that you don't keep your physical cards with you since you're on the road. Do you mind sharing what your monthly purchases on the cards are to keep a balance? Do you have enough recurring bills to have one on each card?

I only use the cards when I get an AU.

I charge $2.50 to the card to reload my Amazon gift card balance.

I have this bookmarked:
https://smile.amazon.com/asv/reload/order?manualReload.amount=2.50

And all my cards in Amazon. I just click that, login, and select the card that got the AU, and hit "reload balance."  Total clicks: 4 (bookmark, login button, select cc, reload button).

If I don't have a sale on a card in a given month, I don't use it.  I just make sure it has a balance when I add the AU, so it closes with a statement balance to help it report to the AU's account.

Runner77

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I finally got my first sell with the new company. I signed up in late December with 3 cards. My Chase card is in a resting status and my other two cards have a credit limit of $20K and have been open for 2 and 3 years. I received a sale on the 3 year \ $20K limit card earlier this week.

monarda

• Handlebar Stache
You guys who have been paid for April adds, when in April? I added one April 25, and not paid yet.

Should I consider that one a May add?

Just signed up for a Barclaycard yesterday, they gave me an $11K limit- so that should be a good one for future!

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
You guys who have been paid for April adds, when in April? I added one April 25, and not paid yet.

Just signed up for a Barclaycard yesterday, they gave me an $11K limit- so that should be a good one for future!

April 6

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.

It will probably be a May add.  I got paid for a 3/31 add on 6/8 and have a 4/26 add that has not been paid yet.

I know there is some angst about New Company on various things, and I wish they would be more precise on the payout schedule, but I feel very comfortable that they will pay out the appropriate commissions after a while.

'grats on the Barclaycard.  They are one of the easier ones to deal with when piggybacking.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!