Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1906841 times)

N

• Handlebar Stache
  • You must change your life. -Rainer Maria Rilke
Yet another month gone by where Ive had no adds. I really dont get it. My paperwork was received by the new company in january, I added my cards on the portal as soon as it opened, and...nada. I have a discover card with a 20, 500K limit that is 15 years old. my boa card is similar, but on hold. Its pretty frustrating to hear about people adding so many adds that thet get flagged...and nothing over here. Sigh.

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
Wow those are incredible cards, I can't understand why you aren't getting any tradeline sales.

Joel

• Pencil Stache
Wow those are incredible cards, I can't understand why you aren't getting any tradeline sales.

It's probably because there are a lot of similar cards...

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache

It's probably because there are a lot of similar cards...

Agreed.  I have had 1 sale with new TL co but a few lately with old TL co (different cards).  I assume all of the companies are flooded as someone else mentioned.  Hopefully, MTC will drum up business through some innovative marketing!

Wandles

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I was contacted by the tradelines company about my USAA card last night.  They are resting USAA cards because they believe there is an internal audit going on.  I'm guessing other USAA card holders will experience the same thing.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
We are now through 5 monthly cycles with 3 cards listed at the new company (One BoA, "resting" he last 2 cycles)

Not a single sale.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
I was contacted by the tradelines company about my USAA card last night.  They are resting USAA cards because they believe there is an internal audit going on.  I'm guessing other USAA card holders will experience the same thing.

Hmm, good to know although they never contacted me. Thinking of putting AU sales on hold until I have some other cards come of age that I don't care to get shut down. I rather like USAA and prefer to not get on their bad side. 

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
I rather like USAA and prefer to not get on their bad side.

You should assume that ALL cards being used for Tradelines will eventually be shut down.  Only put cards that you're ok with being closed there.  It's why only half of my qualifying cards are with them.  I want certain cards to stay open.  They aren't submitted.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
Finally got my first add after being signed up for over 120 days.
Discover is asking that I upload documents proving soc sec number/name/physical address over the next 10 days...anyone else had this?

Yes, and it was kind of a pain doing it from my phone while traveling abroad

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
I think we've had too many bank employees visit this thread.  Maybe ars single handedly destroyed the AU industry by bringing it too much publicity?  Is every bank now going to crack down on this process?

If they were smart, they'd just start charging a nominal fee for AUs

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
I can't find it on the thread, but we an add authorized users for Citicards on their citi website but then we have to call in to give the social security number right?

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
I can't find it on the thread, but we an add authorized users for Citicards on their citi website but then we have to call in to give the social security number right?

The email should tell you to do that.  Mine always have (Sears Citi).

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
Another data point re: Discover Card / old TL co.

I've been easily adding and removing AUs for months now online, add the info, instant approval, thank you very much, we're sending you the card. Easy!

A few days ago I added an AU and was asked for the first time to upload documentation proving SS/citizenship, no problem, then again, instant approval, card is on its way. Easy!

Then today I went to add another AU online. It didn't ask for any documentation, I just got a message that said "Check back here for our decision..." but when I logged off/ back on, I didn't see anything like "pending" or anything as I poked around the Manage authorized users section. I couldn't tell if the request had actually "stuck."

So I did a chat with them, they confirmed that they'd received the request, and said that they'd let me know their decision in 72 hours. That puts me past the statement closing date, so I guess I can't make this particular sale, but more concerning is that either a) I'm doing enough adding and removing of AUs that they're starting to look more closely at *my* account before they approve AU adds, or b) in general, they're being more methodical/focused on AUs being added.

Bummer!

Hey Redwood, do you have an update on how this went for you, what happened afterwards?

I think I had the same or similar situation as you with Discover. Not sure if it is a sign of a problem.
Like you, been adding users no problem on Discover, relatively steady sales as well (strangely). Most users approved right away, one or two cases I had to upload documentation. Either way I can see them approved or pending instantly online.

Today I got an order, went to add user online and got the same strange message that you did. Then I could see no indication of the users status online. I called Discover, rep confirmed that they got the information. She had to put me on hold, and then in vague language she told me it requires processing/checking on their end (I forget exact language). She told me I would get a written update in five to seven days. Very odd that she specified written update, when most of my communication with Discover is electronic.

On a positive note, or stranger note, I checked the Discover website later at night, and the user showed up as approved.
Not sure what to make of all that.

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
Yes that's what I get with Discover. It's pending, but then it also says we'll mail you a card for the authorized user.
Then within a few hours or a day it's up on the website as approved.

skuzuker28

• Stubble
Signed up through the portal a few days ago, got the automated confirmation email but other than that nothing.  Figure I'll give them a couple more days but what is their typical turnaround time for getting the docs I need to me?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Signed up through the portal a few days ago, got the automated confirmation email but other than that nothing.  Figure I'll give them a couple more days but what is their typical turnaround time for getting the docs I need to me?

Did you email the address I sent you?  They will reply with the docs you need, and once you fill that all out, they'll have you sign up with the portal.

If you just directly signed up with the portal, you aren't on their radar at all, and aren't going to receive any docs or get fully set up in the system.  Right now they aren't really monitoring for random signups.  If you email that email, you should get the docs within a day or two (PM me if you don't).  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

skuzuker28

• Stubble

Did you email the address I sent you?  They will reply with the docs you need, and once you fill that all out, they'll have you sign up with the portal.

If you just directly signed up with the portal, you aren't on their radar at all, and aren't going to receive any docs or get fully set up in the system.  Right now they aren't really monitoring for random signups.  If you email that email, you should get the docs within a day or two (PM me if you don't).  :)
Glad I said something!  I just assumed that now that they have the portal up and running that would be the preferred method.  Just shot an email over.

EDIT: Already heard back!  It would appear that response times have improved.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:34:49 PM by dleavitt »

annann

• Pencil Stache
Finally got my first add after being signed up for over 120 days.
Discover is asking that I upload documents proving soc sec number/name/physical address over the next 10 days...anyone else had this?

Yes, and it was kind of a pain doing it from my phone while traveling abroad

I received an e-mail from Discover after adding my first AU and it referred me to the web site.  I signed in and could not find anything telling me what they wanted me to send.  I checked the AU and it said it was approved.  So I did a chat and they checked and said that I did not need to do anything more.  Any possibility the e-mail is not actually from Discover?

MsFrugalista

• Stubble

At the moment, Citi's online AU addition feature does not require SSN, so I have been calling in to add the AU (don't even bother starting online). Calling in also reduces the risk of someone from Fraud calling you to confirm that it was actually you in fact that added the AU (this happened to me once when I did an online add). I have not had any issues adding AUs this way thus far and I get sales on two of my Citi cards frequently (between old and new companies).

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache

At the moment, Citi's online AU addition feature does not require SSN, so I have been calling in to add the AU (don't even bother starting online). Calling in also reduces the risk of someone from Fraud calling you to confirm that it was actually you in fact that added the AU (this happened to me once when I did an online add). I have not had any issues adding AUs this way thus far and I get sales on two of my Citi cards frequently (between old and new companies).

Thank you

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
Another data point re: Discover Card / old TL co.

I've been easily adding and removing AUs for months now online, add the info, instant approval, thank you very much, we're sending you the card. Easy!

A few days ago I added an AU and was asked for the first time to upload documentation proving SS/citizenship, no problem, then again, instant approval, card is on its way. Easy!

Then today I went to add another AU online. It didn't ask for any documentation, I just got a message that said "Check back here for our decision..." but when I logged off/ back on, I didn't see anything like "pending" or anything as I poked around the Manage authorized users section. I couldn't tell if the request had actually "stuck."

So I did a chat with them, they confirmed that they'd received the request, and said that they'd let me know their decision in 72 hours. That puts me past the statement closing date, so I guess I can't make this particular sale, but more concerning is that either a) I'm doing enough adding and removing of AUs that they're starting to look more closely at *my* account before they approve AU adds, or b) in general, they're being more methodical/focused on AUs being added.

Bummer!

Hey Redwood, do you have an update on how this went for you, what happened afterwards?

I think I had the same or similar situation as you with Discover. Not sure if it is a sign of a problem.
Like you, been adding users no problem on Discover, relatively steady sales as well (strangely). Most users approved right away, one or two cases I had to upload documentation. Either way I can see them approved or pending instantly online.

Today I got an order, went to add user online and got the same strange message that you did. Then I could see no indication of the users status online. I called Discover, rep confirmed that they got the information. She had to put me on hold, and then in vague language she told me it requires processing/checking on their end (I forget exact language). She told me I would get a written update in five to seven days. Very odd that she specified written update, when most of my communication with Discover is electronic.

On a positive note, or stranger note, I checked the Discover website later at night, and the user showed up as approved.
Not sure what to make of all that.

Canuck, yes, same experience here. I called them, they asked a bunch of security questions to verify that I was the cardholder who'd done the add, asked if I had received other cards they'd sent ("Yes"), asked if I wanted to authorize those other cards ("Not yet..." (doh! Caught me off guard) ), then said OK, decision will be in five to seven days. Later that night mine also showed up as approved, so I think I got the sale /added the AU in time.

Maybe they're just clamping down more, or the fact that I'm fairly consistently selling 3 Discover AU slots per month these days is triggering something...fingers crossed it isn't a sign of a coming card shutdown.

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
I am a bit sad, that they limit my Barclaycard to two spots now.
I have 5 spots and consistently sold 2 a month. Now that they limited me to two and AU's have to stay on for two months, best case will be two sales every other month.
No adds for May.
Hope I get some for June.
All the money from this gets donated, so I'd really like to get all spots sold.

dakota5176

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I've been signed up for several months now with the recommended company but have had no adds.  Can anyone recommend any other reliable companies to try?

[MOD EDIT: Please do not post in this thread, but PM dakota5176 if you have any recommendations for him/her. Posting here tends to attract solicitors and spam.

dakota5176, be wary of any solicitation you receive, and do lots of research and due diligence--this field is filled with a LOT of shady companies who may not do the proper authentication for their AUs, leading to fraud.

Good luck!

/END EDIT]
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 11:55:14 AM by arebelspy »

solon

• Handlebar Stache
If only some rebel spy would start up a new mustachian tradeline company, or something.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
If only some rebel spy would start up a new mustachian tradeline company, or something.

Give it some time ;)

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
;) I know, right?
LOL!

Shade00

• Stubble
I had two adds on my Discover at the end of March (3/24 and 3/27) so I'm coming up on 60 days on both. I logged in to my account today and realized that I had not added a direct deposit account in my Profile. I don't remember if I did it when I signed up. Have adds in March been paid? I added my account so hopefully we will be paid for those soon. I guess I should be good to remove the AUs soon but will probably just wait until the slot is filled - or will they not sell the slots until I confirm they were removed?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
I had two adds on my Discover at the end of March (3/24 and 3/27) so I'm coming up on 60 days on both. I logged in to my account today and realized that I had not added a direct deposit account in my Profile. I don't remember if I did it when I signed up. Have adds in March been paid? I added my account so hopefully we will be paid for those soon. I guess I should be good to remove the AUs soon but will probably just wait until the slot is filled - or will they not sell the slots until I confirm they were removed?

Yep, all March adds were all paid almost a month ago (end of April; and should be showing green in the portal, red if it didn't post).  Message the owner and let him know you just added payment info. If you don't hear back in a day or two, PM me!

Payment for April adds should be coming next week!
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Can someone clarify how to determine which month an add belongs to?  ie my sale was late March.  Is that March or April?  It is green.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Can someone clarify how to determine which month an add belongs to?  ie my sale was late March.  Is that March or April?  It is green.

There should be month buttons you click to show your sales in each month.

You can also filter by date.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Thanks!  I didn't realize those purple boxes were buttons until now... 

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos

March adds have not been paid.

Wait until they tell you to remove the AU.  Historically they have had me remove old AUs in order to make room to add a new AU.  They will sell the new slot before you have removed the old AU.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Have adds in March been paid?

This is not the case; as I stated a few posts up, all March adds should have been paid 3+ weeks ago.  If you weren't paid on something, definitely contact the owner, or feel free to pass any through me.  :)

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
Have adds in March been paid?

This is not the case; as I stated a few posts up, all March adds should have been paid 3+ weeks ago.  If you weren't paid on something, definitely contact the owner, or feel free to pass any through me.  :)

Whoops, brain fade - you are correct (as usual :-) ).

I was misremembering the March add payment as the February add payment.  Where does the time go?

(Off to buy bifocals so I can lose them on my way to registering for AARP...)

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
For anyone who supplied payment info late or hasn't been paid, contact the owner.  He responded very quickly today to my inquiry!

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
Got one add for May, yay.

ditkanate

• Stubble
    • ditka's dumb journal
Got my first add!!  So excited.  US Bank, called in and the rep was super friendly, no problems and no questions asked. 

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
Maybe they're just clamping down more, or the fact that I'm fairly consistently selling 3 Discover AU slots per month these days is triggering something...fingers crossed it isn't a sign of a coming card shutdown.

If you can, let me know if you get a new sale on your Discover and if it works out ok, or if you have problems.

I decided to be conservative and ask them to not sell any AU on that card currently. I will let it rest for one cycle. Probably was unnecessary, but I didn't want to deal with any hassle.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Just got an AU sale for my Discover card - yay!  BUT... Discover won't save the AU due to "invalid address".  I confirmed that the address is valid.  What is recommended in this case?  Call to add?

Thanks!

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
Just got an AU sale for my Discover card - yay!  BUT... Discover won't save the AU due to "invalid address".  I confirmed that the address is valid.  What is recommended in this case?  Call to add?

Thanks!

I had this happen once and had to call to add

coolshemp

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Same thing happened to me this month and I had to call to add the address. They ask a ton of questions about myself including the names of my other AU's (good thing my computer was up and on the site) as well my addresses going back to when I opened the account 20 years ago. They were friendly enough, but the whole thing seemed like more of a good natured interrogation. Let's see what happens next add...

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member

Thanks!

I also had this happen and the problem was the tradeline company forgot to enter the apartment #.  Discover's system tries to verify address validity via USPS (my other add listed "unit X" which discover suggested I change to "apt X")

Likely, they have a driver license uploaded to the portal (which you may need to send to discover).  Check the address against that for a typo.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Thanks everyone.  No documents unfortunately.  USPS cannot find the address so that is likely the problem.  I was going by the ability to map the address originally.

I'll call.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
I really like the portal.  Maybe I'm just easily pleased, but I do check fairly often as my first ad was in April and I'm looking for my first payment.  Saw my May ad turn from clear to green, indicating that indeed, it has posted.  I'm more than happy to have a single AU per month.  It's better than a sharp stick in the eye.

As I've warned others, I expect every card I enter and get an AU to eventually be closed.  So load em up with AU's! 

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
Thanks everyone.  No documents unfortunately.  USPS cannot find the address so that is likely the problem.  I was going by the ability to map the address originally.

I'll call.

I wonder how they decide whether to upload documents.  I have a very limited sample, but on my first add, I the CC didn't request docs and the tradeline co. didn't provide any.  On the second add, the CC asked for docs and they were already available to me on the portal.  Maybe they just know that after X adds the CC starts asking for documentation.

meadow lark

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
Nomads doing Tradelines, what do you do for a mailing address?  We are trying to decide whether to use a family member or a company or something else, but I am afraid letters with other names on them will get sent back to the cc company.

monarda

• Handlebar Stache
Has anyone started to get other junk mail with the names of past AUs? I'm sure there's something, somewhere in my issuing bank's site to opt out of selling my name or their name. Anyone found where that might be?  This is from a US Bank card.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Has anyone started to get other junk mail with the names of past AUs? I'm sure there's something, somewhere in my issuing bank's site to opt out of selling my name or their name. Anyone found where that might be?  This is from a US Bank card.

None here.  I've done about 10 AUs so far.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
Nomads doing Tradelines, what do you do for a mailing address?  We are trying to decide whether to use a family member or a company or something else, but I am afraid letters with other names on them will get sent back to the cc company.

We use Traveling Mailbox for our mail purposes and are very happy in general (sometimes slightly slow time to get it received and scanned, but that doesn't affect Tradelines).

My main card is a Discover, I usually choose "do not send card" online and so it hasn't mattered. Couple times I've done by phone, I received the AU card in my Travelling Mailbox, the letter comes addressed to me. I shred it right there without opening.

My wife has been selling a few Capital Ones and Citi. Capital one she chooses not to receive a card, Citi she thinks they send cards addressed to AU. We've never seen them, so either they are being returned to sender by mail forwarding, or shredded on receipt, since it's not in her name. No problem either way so far.

meadow lark

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
Thanks M. That looks like a good company.  My Tradelines are with BofA and US Bank - I never noticed a "do not send" card option.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!