Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1906420 times)

powskier

• Bristles
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2017, 05:01:02 PM »
Emailed with all info required have not heard back yet either. Wondering if they got maxed out already?

ZagNation

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2017, 05:21:50 PM »
Emailed with all info required have not heard back yet either. Wondering if they got maxed out already?
I emailed my initial information yesterday morning and received a response in the evening. It may take longer than 'usual' for them to respond as they certainly have a good problem on their hands processing the elevated MMM traffic.

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2017, 05:34:11 PM »
With all the mustachian volume, pretty soon we're going to need a 3rd tradeline company recommendation.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2017, 05:49:38 PM »
I emailed my initial information yesterday morning and received a response in the evening. It may take longer than 'usual' for them to respond as they certainly have a good problem on their hands processing the elevated MMM traffic.

Yup, this.

If you don't hear back within 24 hours though, it probably slipped through the cracks, and following up is fine.

With all the mustachian volume, pretty soon we're going to need a 3rd tradeline company recommendation.

Hah. 

I think we have enough volume for the supply side of our own company, but the more difficult part--finding AUs, verifying them, and doing it all securely--remains a bigger problem.  Let the experienced guys handle that, IMO.  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2017, 06:35:06 PM »
We could do a mustachian AU swap, where people who want to boost their scores before a refi give reciprocal AUs on their highest-valued cards.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2017, 06:37:47 PM »
We could do a mustachian AU swap, where people who want to boost their scores before a refi give reciprocal AUs on their highest-valued cards.

Once you're past like 750, there's no extra benefit for credit boost.  May be helpful for some here, but I'm betting most of us are well past that.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

powskier

• Bristles
« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2017, 08:00:04 PM »
emailed again, got response within a few hours. All good.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #157 on: January 05, 2017, 08:07:05 PM »

Once you're past like 750, there's no extra benefit for credit boost.  May be helpful for some here, but I'm betting most of us are well past that.

What would a fellow mustachian give in exchange for pigtailing on my credit score? Would it be the same fee charged by the trade line company? Or would it be a non-monetary form of compensation?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2017, 08:11:44 PM »
He said swap, so I assume it would be in the case of both refinancing.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2017, 08:37:16 PM »

Shoot, with 5 hard pulls listed and 3 new cards in the past 6 months, Discover says I'm at 844, while Credit Karma is a more reasonable 825/829

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2017, 08:56:03 PM »

Shoot, with 5 hard pulls listed and 3 new cards in the past 6 months, Discover says I'm at 844, while Credit Karma is a more reasonable 825/829

I don't think either of those are real fico's. Isn't the max 800?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2017, 09:19:57 PM »

It used to be.  The new Vantage scores go up to 850.

bigalsmith101

• Pencil Stache
  • Yes, that's really my face.
    • No Jobs, No Responsibilities, No Better Time then Now
« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2017, 09:46:36 PM »
I emailed this afternoon at 2pm PST with a simple,

"Hello, Any update on the process? I'm chomping at the bit here! Thanks!"

He responded 4 hours later with

"Hi Alex, Ha ha, I don't blame you! Joe has referred has referred hundreds of cards/cardholders over the last week. You got in early but there were a good 30-40 ahead of you but my guess is 1-2 weeks till we can get you some adds."

So, we're in business!

[Mod Edit: Company info removed.]
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 12:06:12 AM by arebelspy »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #163 on: January 06, 2017, 12:08:05 AM »
I got 9 AU adds today (5 on my wife's Barclays, 4 on mine, one opened June 2014, 15k limit, the other opened Aug 2014, 15.5k limit), so they're still cranking away over there.  :)

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #164 on: January 06, 2017, 05:36:03 AM »
I got 9 AU adds today (5 on my wife's Barclays, 4 on mine, one opened June 2014, 15k limit, the other opened Aug 2014, 15.5k limit), so they're still cranking away over there.  :)

Dang!!! Wish I had more cards to use. My wife is always skeptical of these little endeavors so I am a little hesitant in asking to use her card. However, she was hesitant of churning at first but loves it now.

I've only got 2 AU adds so far. But happy with that for now.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #165 on: January 06, 2017, 05:42:36 AM »

It used to be.  The new Vantage scores go up to 850.

No. The cap has always been 850. Very few people even see 800 because they fuck up along the way.

But I have a very long and deep credit history without a single late payment. Multiple mortgages, car loans, and 3 of my credit cards are over 20 years old. Utilization is below 5%

All 3 are listed as an 850 scale, just as it was when Fair Isaac introduced it in 1989.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 05:52:18 AM by TomTX »

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #166 on: January 06, 2017, 05:53:50 AM »

still none are real FICOs have to do a hard pull to get your real scores they just try to match what they think the formulas are.  My mortgage broker friends hate those sites b/c they always skew high and give people a false sense of where they are.  you can assume 30-50 points lower than CK in most cases.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #167 on: January 06, 2017, 05:56:42 AM »
CreditKarma and Mint just give an estimate, but some of my CCs claim to give an actual FICO (Barclays).

From an email I got earlier today:
There's been a change in your FICO® Score, "the score lenders use". To view your updated credit score at no cost, please visit www.BarclaycardUS.com/servicing/score, log in to your credit card account, and select "Tools". This Alert and complimentary online credit score access are available to you as a Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® Cardmember

I don't think they could use FICO (and the registered trademark) unless it actually IS the FICO score.  I could be wrong, but I think many are estimates, like you guys are saying, but some actually are FICO scores.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #168 on: January 06, 2017, 06:03:09 AM »
CreditKarma and Mint just give an estimate, but some of my CCs claim to give an actual FICO (Barclays).

There's been a change in your FICO® Score, "the score lenders use". To view your updated credit score at no cost, please visit www.BarclaycardUS.com/servicing/score, log in to your credit card account, and select "Tools". This Alert and complimentary online credit score access are available to you as a Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® Cardmember

I don't think they could use FICO (and the registered trademark) unless it actually IS the FICO score.  I could be wrong, but I think many are estimates, like you guys are saying, but some actually are FICO scores.

Sure, but even within FICO there are 4 different generations of scoring methodology current active, and each of the credit bureaus has a slightly different data set - potentially giving you 12 different "FICO" numbers.

When we got our last mortgage, the one the banker hard pulled was an 816 - highest she had ever seen, apparently. That was awhile ago, I have a considerably longer history now.

NoStacheOhio

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #169 on: January 06, 2017, 09:22:34 AM »
So I've been following these threads for a little while, and I was wondering if store cards issued by an eligible bank (Home Depot/Citi in this case) work for this?

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #170 on: January 06, 2017, 09:58:52 AM »
So I've been following these threads for a little while, and I was wondering if store cards issued by an eligible bank (Home Depot/Citi in this case) work for this?

ARS's epic post identifies which issuers the old and new company will use.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #171 on: January 06, 2017, 11:18:34 AM »

Cobranded cards generally work fine. It's a Citi card. Citi handles everything. Sure, they slap the Home Depot name on it and probably have a discount deal for HD charges.

For tradelines it should not matter. Except for the Costco card. I have been told conflicting things with that one and should ask the tradelines company.

dlawson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #172 on: January 06, 2017, 12:09:08 PM »
The new company told me that the Citi Costco card wouldn't work unless the AUs were also Costco members. Since I don't have any cards (yet) that fit the current 2yr/+$10k parameters, I didn't press for any clarity about whether or not they'd ask for Costco membership information or if that meant they didn't do Costco cards at all.

N

• Handlebar Stache
  • You must change your life. -Rainer Maria Rilke
« Reply #173 on: January 06, 2017, 12:13:57 PM »
Thanks for doing all the research ARS.
I only have 2 cards that are aged enough, (right now, but more in the pipeline!) but I was able to bump up their credit limits and Ive send my referral email to the new company.

The last company only gave me 1 sale in 4 months (admittedly I joined around august when they had their peak mustachian onslaught).

So Im hopeful for this new one!

Thank you!

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #174 on: January 06, 2017, 01:12:33 PM »
The new company told me that the Citi Costco card wouldn't work unless the AUs were also Costco members. Since I don't have any cards (yet) that fit the current 2yr/+$10k parameters, I didn't press for any clarity about whether or not they'd ask for Costco membership information or if that meant they didn't do Costco cards at all.

I looked it up, it is in the card's ToS. Mine is 2004, $16k limit. No dice though.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2017, 01:25:15 PM »
Submitted every card I have that is eligible. He even took a couple less than a year old due to the limits ($20k and $30k). They will pay a little less until they hit a year, but still worth it.

All told, if I get the maximum number of adds each month I will be somewhere in the $1650/mo range! With all the new cards they have, he said it will probably be 2-4 weeks until I get my first add. Can't wait to get going with this, will definitely help curl the ends of my 'stache a little bit!

dlawson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2017, 02:08:17 PM »

I looked it up, it is in the card's ToS. Mine is 2004, $16k limit. No dice though.

What's in the card's TOS specifically? That AUs have to be Costco members? If so, theoretically the new company could ask for that information at some point during the process and, if yes, open up available cards to purchase spots on as a result. That's what I meant—the new company didn't seem to have a hard line about "we don't accept Costco cards", just "it wouldn't work unless the AU has a Costco membership".

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2017, 02:22:05 PM »

What's in the card's TOS specifically? That AUs have to be Costco members? If so, theoretically the new company could ask for that information at some point during the process and, if yes, open up available cards to purchase spots on as a result. That's what I meant—the new company didn't seem to have a hard line about "we don't accept Costco cards", just "it wouldn't work unless the AU has a Costco membership".

I suspect they have more than enough low hassle cards coming in at the moment...

dlawson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2017, 03:38:13 PM »

I suspect they have more than enough low hassle cards coming in at the moment...

A fair point, that. :D

kudy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2017, 06:33:58 PM »
Quick question - how quickly does the "new" company expect you to add an AU, 24 hours? 48 hours? Basically, how far ahead of time do you receive the order?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2017, 06:56:10 PM »
Quick question - how quickly does the "new" company expect you to add an AU, 24 hours? 48 hours? Basically, how far ahead of time do you receive the order?

Typically 3-4 days. The email I got yesterday (Thurs in the States) said to add by Monday.

I've had longer, can't remember if I had shorter, as I almost always do it right away. But that's the typical range, I believe.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2017, 06:59:56 PM »

Wow!  I only have 1 card enrolled on the old recommendation.  It happens to be a Barclays also.  It seems like they are one of the easiest for AUs.  I may get a couple of their cards for DW and I so they can start aging.  :)

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #182 on: January 07, 2017, 05:48:17 AM »

Seems to depend. I got an order for a single AU and added right away. They were appreciative of the quick response and I got another one that they requested be added that day because of my cards closing date.   

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #183 on: January 07, 2017, 06:05:05 AM »

Seems to depend. I got an order for a single AU and added right away. They were appreciative of the quick response and I got another one that they requested be added that day because of my cards closing date.

That's a good point, I have got a few "last minute" adds, typically on ones I've already added to.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #184 on: January 07, 2017, 06:47:36 AM »
Well, all my cards close within the next 10 days - hopefully they're listed by now and I'll get some of those last-minute orders :)

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #185 on: January 07, 2017, 07:31:40 AM »
Does anyone else have trouble with adding users on Discover's website?  IF you don't type in the authorized user's  address correctly in the format that Discover likes, it claims the "physical address" is incorrect. You can try to retype the address in different ways and still get the same outcome, it's like their software has no common sense. I have had a couple of users declined because of this.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #186 on: January 07, 2017, 07:34:58 AM »
Does anyone else have trouble with adding users on Discover's website?  IF you don't type in the authorized user's  address correctly in the format that Discover likes, it claims the "physical address" is incorrect. You can try to retype the address in different ways and still get the same outcome, it's like their software has no common sense. I have had a couple of users declined because of this.

Yes, I've had that happen, but now I always tweak the address to what they want (I think matches US postal regulations or something?), and never had an AU not show up correctly.

Once with the old company I had to email for clarification on an address, but now just manually tweak myself.

For example, I use "APT" instead of #, if they're like "123 Main Street #54."

Also I put APT and the number in Barclays, too, in the main line, even though they have a separate box for apartment (I just ignore that, and put it on the main line).

medinaj2160

• Stubble
« Reply #187 on: January 07, 2017, 07:47:14 AM »
Are you guys geting notified by the owner when you have to add an AU? Or the company?

MOD EDIT: Company info redacted.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 07:50:43 AM by arebelspy »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #188 on: January 07, 2017, 07:52:31 AM »
Are you guys geting notified by the owner when you have to add an AU? Or the company?

No, there's several employees handling different things.

The person who emails you the AU info is not the main point of contact you've been using (though he is CC'd, and you'll reply all confirming when you've added the AU(s)).

PM if you'd like more details, or you'll see when you get your first AU add.  :)

Fireball

• Bristles
« Reply #189 on: January 07, 2017, 08:13:41 AM »

still none are real FICOs have to do a hard pull to get your real scores they just try to match what they think the formulas are.  My mortgage broker friends hate those sites b/c they always skew high and give people a false sense of where they are.  you can assume 30-50 points lower than CK in most cases.

I have a team of people that work for me where all they do everyday is respond to credit disputes. About 10% of their work is due to CreditKarma giving borrowers inaccurate information. I agree with your friend, those sites suck donkey $@#&!.

PS - If anyone has any credit reporting or dispute type questions, feel free to PM me. Credit reporting is a big part of my daily life(yay - lol).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 08:15:53 AM by Fireball »

LifeHappens

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #190 on: January 07, 2017, 09:36:09 AM »
I need to call Citi and ask for a credit line increase. I have an old Forward card with them that had a $7000 credit limit. I asked for an increase on the web page and they bumped me to $8900. Obviously, I want to get it above $10,000 to use for this, but I've never called and asked for an increase before.

Are there any questions I should be prepared for, such as why I want a further increase?

kudy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #191 on: January 07, 2017, 10:37:52 AM »
Typically 3-4 days. The email I got yesterday (Thurs in the States) said to add by Monday.

I've had longer, can't remember if I had shorter, as I almost always do it right away. But that's the typical range, I believe.

Thanks everyone for the info on lead times.

Another quick question on the new company - their FAQ says that if you can't add an AU's SSN online, then you need to call to add it. The old company directed me to not worry about the SSN for Barclay (after the SSN option was removed from the online add), as long as I included their address. ARS & others, are you calling in to add the SSN for Barclay card adds after adding them online with the new company?

Joel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2017, 12:57:12 PM »
Well, I submitted my application today. We will see when I get my first sale. I've only got two cards I'm willing to test this out with. There's two cards in my wife's names I would be willing to use as well, but she's not ready.

westtoeast

• Bristles
« Reply #193 on: January 07, 2017, 02:28:51 PM »
Posting to follow-- I'm close to having had one of my eligible cards long enough to qualify and will hopefully do this soon.

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #194 on: January 07, 2017, 02:33:39 PM »
The last response I received was on 1/4 saying they'd received my bank account info. I've had no responses to any of my follow ups since so I assume I'm signed up and good to go and will patiently wait. If you call them, you'll typically go to a voicemail that's full so it's clear they are very busy.

I'm chomping at the bit to see how this goes so hopefully I'm fully enabled in their queue :)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #195 on: January 07, 2017, 04:38:53 PM »
I need to call Citi and ask for a credit line increase. I have an old Forward card with them that had a $7000 credit limit. I asked for an increase on the web page and they bumped me to $8900. Obviously, I want to get it above $10,000 to use for this, but I've never called and asked for an increase before.

Are there any questions I should be prepared for, such as why I want a further increase?

Nah.  AUs shouldn't have anything to do with limit increase, obviously.  They'll just want you to repeat the same info you put in online (annual income, length of employment, your address, etc.).

Just call and let them know the credit increase you got online wasn't what you were looking for, and ask if they can bump it.  Good luck, let us know how it turns out!  :)

Another quick question on the new company - their FAQ says that if you can't add an AU's SSN online, then you need to call to add it. The old company directed me to not worry about the SSN for Barclay (after the SSN option was removed from the online add), as long as I included their address. ARS & others, are you calling in to add the SSN for Barclay card adds after adding them online with the new company?

I do indeed do my Barclays online, with the address, though the company asks you to call in and add SSNs, I have not had an issue doing it that way so far.  The paranoid wanting to make sure they get the money should add the SSN to make SURE it reports.  I call it "good enough."  YMMV, and keep in mind it would be a bummer to lose $200 or whatever cause you didn't want to make a 5 minute phone call, so probably better to listen to the company than me.  Just confirming that's what I do.  :)

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #196 on: January 07, 2017, 06:23:11 PM »

Sure, but even within FICO there are 4 different generations of scoring methodology current active, and each of the credit bureaus has a slightly different data set - potentially giving you 12 different "FICO" numbers.

When we got our last mortgage, the one the banker hard pulled was an 816 - highest she had ever seen, apparently. That was awhile ago, I have a considerably longer history now.

As a followup, I activated the Fico check on my BoA card, it claims to be an actual FICO 8 calculation with the registered trademark any everything, using TransUnion for the report. Tied with Discover at 844/850

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
« Reply #197 on: January 07, 2017, 10:00:31 PM »

Nah.  AUs shouldn't have anything to do with limit increase, obviously.  They'll just want you to repeat the same info you put in online (annual income, length of employment, your address, etc.).

Just call and let them know the credit increase you got online wasn't what you were looking for, and ask if they can bump it.  Good luck, let us know how it turns out!  :)

I do indeed do my Barclays online, with the address, though the company asks you to call in and add SSNs, I have not had an issue doing it that way so far.  The paranoid wanting to make sure they get the money should add the SSN to make SURE it reports.  I call it "good enough."  YMMV, and keep in mind it would be a bummer to lose $200 or whatever cause you didn't want to make a 5 minute phone call, so probably better to listen to the company than me.  Just confirming that's what I do.  :)

Just to add my experiences with Barclays adds with the old co.: I got a total of 4 sales last year, but only 2 of them posted correctly. I didn't call to add the SS, but I will for any future orders, in case that helps things post correctly. It's so very sad not to receive that payment when you're expecting it.

Wandles

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #198 on: January 10, 2017, 11:08:13 AM »
I was able to get signed up with the "new recommendation" last week and had 2 sales on my USAA card in less than a week! I plan to post my experience for others as I go along.  So far the company has been very easy to work with and quick to respond.  USAA requires you to add AU's over the phone which is less awkward than I anticipated.

runewell

• Bristles
  • actuary
« Reply #199 on: January 10, 2017, 11:17:03 AM »
I signed up with them with one card that is 2 years old and 10,000+ credit limit immediately after the new year and I haven't heard a peep out of them yet!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 11:22:37 AM by runewell »