Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1967360 times)

ezhang43

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #6100 on: November 14, 2023, 01:06:03 AM »
This is neither old nor new company, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules here by calling out gfsgroup.org (if it is, please take it down or I can remove/edit as well) -- but a word of caution to those looking to explore outside old/new company.

I worked with them with clear and constant communication for about 3 months, but recently when it came time to payment for one of my TLs, I've been ghosted for over a week, with several other TLs on my cards that I don't expect to get paid either. I'll be removing everything and not looking to work them any longer.

Reddart67

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6101 on: November 14, 2023, 03:39:14 AM »
Sounds like they are following the New company strategy.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #6102 on: November 14, 2023, 07:19:28 AM »
This is neither old nor new company, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules here by calling out gfsgroup.org (if it is, please take it down or I can remove/edit as well) -- but a word of caution to those looking to explore outside old/new company.

I worked with them with clear and constant communication for about 3 months, but recently when it came time to payment for one of my TLs, I've been ghosted for over a week, with several other TLs on my cards that I don't expect to get paid either. I'll be removing everything and not looking to work them any longer.

From the second post in this thread:

[Redacted out of date information about tradeline company comparisons.]

Choosing a Tradeline Company

There are a lot of bad actors in this industry. Scams at worst, but often just people looking to make a quick buck, not worrying about doing things the "right" way.

I've researched probably 15-20 tradeline companies, and have only found two that I think properly protect the cardholders (you, the one selling the tradelines) via their vetting of Authorized Users to help prevent fraud, have good information security (protect your information properly via good IT security practices), and have been in business long enough to be trustworthy.

If you decide to try out the many choices in tradeline companies out there, please do your due diligence on the company. Downside scenarios include a much higher likelihood of your cards getting closed, but worse, potentially participating in fraud (versus the lengths the good companies go to avoid that, as a protection for you).

If you want a referral to the two tradeline companies I recommend, Click Here To Send Me a PM.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6103 on: November 14, 2023, 07:21:29 AM »
He did reach out to me, a few months ago, and the old company wasn't taking new cardholders, so he purposefully was trying to branch out and take a shot on someone else (and asked if I had ever heard of them, which I hadn't). But yeah, that's the risk with a lot of companies.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6104 on: November 15, 2023, 10:04:49 AM »
I sent what I guess will be a new, annual message to the new company, reminding them that I have not been paid since last August despite having constant AUs put on.  We'll see if anything happens.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #6105 on: November 15, 2023, 10:33:47 AM »
I sent what I guess will be a new, annual message to the new company, reminding them that I have not been paid since last August despite having constant AUs put on.  We'll see if anything happens.

The only way I ever got paid by New Company was to escalate.  Sometimes to @arebelspy, who was very kind to help and seemed an effective intercessor.  I'm not sure whether his offer to intercede is still available or not.

I never did find out the reasons for the persistently poor payment issue with New Company.  I imagined several and decided none of them were acceptable to me.

I eventually shifted all of my cards to Old Company because of the payment issues with New Company.  I know that's not an option for everyone.

FWIW, although it took far longer than I thought reasonable, I did eventually get paid everything that was owed to me from New Company.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6106 on: November 17, 2023, 09:16:52 AM »
When I add Barclays AUs, i always choose the option to not issue a card. However, i just logged on to the website and saw that several AU cards are on the way. Also for all these AUs the "has card?" field is marked as "Yes". Does anyone else see the same thing on their account? It looks like some kind of IT/system error

merula

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6107 on: November 17, 2023, 11:25:01 AM »
My Barclays AUs "No" in the "Has card?" field. They were authorized 9/13 and 11/3, in case that helps. Maybe it's a recent thing?

frozen

• Stubble
« Reply #6108 on: November 18, 2023, 03:54:55 PM »
Has anyone heard that PNC now limits AUs to 5 per year?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #6109 on: November 18, 2023, 04:26:44 PM »

Yes.  That is what Good Company said in an email to me recently.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6110 on: November 18, 2023, 06:12:28 PM »

That works for me.  Just got my first AU on PNC.

MoMoney88

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6111 on: November 19, 2023, 06:57:20 PM »
Is anyone else having posting issues with Chase cards lately, in the last 2-3 months?

I have been selling my Chase card since 2019 and have sold a total 42 spots...   No issues at all, until the last two AU's did not post.
I have always added AU's online (which doesn't not ask for SSN).

I think I will do a test and add my son over the phone so that I can provide the SSN.

Update on Chase...  I have been selling tradelines on two Chase cards since 2018.  I have sold 44 spots on one and 45 on the other.

I mentioned in my previous post (see above) that I am having issues with the last 2 AU's on one of the Chase cards.

So last month I added my adult son to that card. I did receive his AU card in the mail a few days later.
However, it has been over a month now and he has not posted per his Credit Karma

My other Chase card seems to be working fine still.

I was thinking about using Chase's Secure Message and email a question to see if they can research why my son is not posting.

What say you?  Should I do that?  I'm a little worried that may prompt them to dig into my other Chase card as well and see 90 AU's between the two cards in the last 5 years!!! and shut me down.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 07:07:13 PM by morris08 »

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #6112 on: November 19, 2023, 07:19:09 PM »
Is anyone else having posting issues with Chase cards lately, in the last 2-3 months?

I have been selling my Chase card since 2019 and have sold a total 42 spots...   No issues at all, until the last two AU's did not post.
I have always added AU's online (which doesn't not ask for SSN).

I think I will do a test and add my son over the phone so that I can provide the SSN.

Update on Chase...  I have been selling tradelines on two Chase cards since 2018.  I have sold 44 spots on one and 45 on the other.

I mentioned in my previous post (see above) that I am having issues with the last 2 AU's on one of the Chase cards.

So last month I added my adult son to that card. I did receive his AU card in the mail a few days later.
However, it has been over a month now and he has not posted per his Credit Karma

My other Chase card seems to be working fine still.

I was thinking about using Chase's Secure Message and email a question to see if they can research why my son is not posting.

What say you?  Should I do that?  I'm a little worried that may prompt them to dig into my other Chase card as well and see 90 AU's between the two cards in the last 5 years!!! and shut me down.

It should post to the AU account after the statement close as long as you have a balance.

My two Chase cards have been working fine adding AUs.  I also add online and only provide the information Chase asks for - name, DOB, address.  Those three data points should be enough for it to match to a credit bureau history.  But I haven't added as many AUs as you have.

Personally I wouldn't take the risk of asking Chase to investigate the non-posting because of the risk of shut down.  I'm not sure what I would do in your shoes...maybe give those cards a rest for six months then try again.

MoMoney88

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6113 on: November 19, 2023, 07:44:19 PM »
I did end up adding my son online (instead of calling in),  I added him on Oct 10 and my statements close/report on the 12th.
I saw my Transunion report on Nov 12th (via CreditKarma), and Equifax took 2 more days (Nov 14) on CreditKarma before the Nov 12 reporting.

But my son's CreditKarma still does not show my Chase card.

Last month I did shut down selling this particular Chase card and will keep it that way for a 4-5 months and maybe try adding my other son.

I agree with you, I don't think I will message Chase... don't want to push my luck!

Kinda bummed though because this is my highest paying card.  :-(   That's the way it goes I guess!

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6114 on: November 21, 2023, 10:42:21 AM »
I had my son's on my Chase card and it definitely showed up on their credit reports.  When it got shut down for tradeline sales, the credit score for them went down.  So yah, it did report for them.

MoseyingAlong

• CM*TO 2024 Attendees
  • Bristles
« Reply #6115 on: November 25, 2023, 09:11:55 AM »
I'm a little mystified about this whole process. Some posters write about going thru lots of AUs and not getting closed down.
Chase closed my card down after 10 AUs in 5 years.
Now Capital One restricted my account after 5 AUs in 3 years.

Capital One wants copies of the driver's licenses and social security cards of the last 2 AUs. I notified Erica and she responded "This is what generally happens before they close your account.  We dont supply the DL or SS card because they are only trying to fish for information."  I'm disappointed by that response because my understanding was that they would provide those documents if needed. Maybe it's only the other company that does that.

Anyway, I've still got a few cards in use, just waiting for them to also be closed. It's a little easy money in the meantime.

almost

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6116 on: November 25, 2023, 04:54:17 PM »
I'm a little mystified about this whole process. Some posters write about going thru lots of AUs and not getting closed down.

Capital One wants copies of the driver's licenses and social security cards of the last 2 AUs. I notified Erica and she responded "This is what generally happens before they close your account.  We dont supply the DL or SS card because they are only trying to fish for information."  I'm disappointed by that response because my understanding was that they would provide those documents if needed. Maybe it's only the other company that does that.

Anyway, I've still got a few cards in use, just waiting for them to also be closed. It's a little easy money in the meantime.

I just had the same thing happen with Capital One three days ago.  They asked for ID verification for the last 6 AU's over a span of about 6 months.  I had 11 AU's over 19 months on a $5,500 credit line.  It was with a different broker, but their response was the same.

I had just asked for and received a credit limit the day before this happened.  My last AU add was about 2 months ago, so I wonder if it was the credit limit request that triggered a review and found me out.  Or maybe it was just a periodic review of all accounts with AU's.  I remember a few years ago Capital One drastically cut my credit line and I heard others experienced the same thing - like they were doing spring cleaning.

BOA closed my account after 11 AU's over 4 years.  I accept the risk of shutdown with all the cards I have for sale.  I get a lot of value out of Chase rewards so I do not sell Chase cards.

MoneyTree

• Bristles
    • Journal - The Best Time to Plant a MoneyTree
« Reply #6117 on: November 27, 2023, 12:54:07 PM »

I've had a capital one card shut down before, and it went exactly like this. I actually did supply the documents requested. They then simply told me that they could not accept the documents I sent over, would not tell me what was wrong with them, then proceeded to shut down my account anyways. Not too big of a loss, as I was ready to lose that card. I now have another Capital one card I've been selling on.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6118 on: November 30, 2023, 08:28:52 AM »
When BofA closes your card for selling TLs, do they close all of your other cards as well?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6119 on: November 30, 2023, 08:38:07 AM »
When BofA closes your card for selling TLs, do they close all of your other cards as well?
With the caveat that anything can change any time, and any issuer can do whatever they want at anytime... No, not historically/typically.

I've had a B of A card closed, they left my other cards and accounts open. Ditto other people's experiences that I've read.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6120 on: December 01, 2023, 12:35:18 PM »
I'm on the other side of that experience. I sold 4-5 spots total on two of my four B0A cards and they were all shut down. YMMV.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6121 on: December 02, 2023, 03:00:15 PM »

Mine were with 3 separate cards.  But all 3 had new AUs on them (first AUs ever on them) and I used all 3 at a gas station to put some $$ on them.  BAM.  Goodbye. 

hoodedfalcon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6122 on: December 03, 2023, 12:54:11 PM »
Earlier this year, BOA closed both my cards, even though I was only selling TLs on the one.

FYI - I just had a CapOne card closed for "fraud" after 14 total sales since 2020, 7 of which were this year. So far the other two CapOne cards I am seasoning are still alive....fingers are crossed.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6123 on: December 03, 2023, 01:46:41 PM »
Good to know about BofA. My data point is like 5-6 years old,; it sounds like they became more aggressive with their shutdowns at some point.

slick1003

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6124 on: December 03, 2023, 02:55:53 PM »
Earlier this year, BOA closed both my cards, even though I was only selling TLs on the one.

FYI - I just had a CapOne card closed for "fraud" after 14 total sales since 2020, 7 of which were this year. So far the other two CapOne cards I am seasoning are still alive....fingers are crossed.
Same here. Cap One shut down both cards for me and P2 at the exact same time yesterday. They must have just done a sweep.

Reddart67

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6125 on: December 04, 2023, 09:20:27 AM »

Same here. Cap One shut down both cards for me and P2 at the exact same time yesterday. They must have just done a sweep.

I got notifications from old company and another TL company I deal with about Capital one, so it does appear to be some kind of systematic sweep.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6126 on: December 04, 2023, 09:26:34 AM »
I have a Cap One card with an AU on it, and I didn't get shut down. I wonder what the criteria was for their sweep?

Nutty

• Stubble
  • Late but haven't missed the train.
« Reply #6127 on: December 04, 2023, 10:41:55 AM »
Last month, I removed the only Cap One AU for this year.  Both my cards are still active. 

Another data point and curious what criteria they have also.

merula

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6128 on: December 04, 2023, 01:33:10 PM »
I have a Capital One card with AUs on it, and no sweep or notification from the new/bad company. (Not that that's surprising, though.)

MoMoney88

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6129 on: December 04, 2023, 03:11:05 PM »
Yeah I also just got notification this weekend from my TL company that they were pausing Cap One.

Bummer because I was literally today going to start selling my "new" Cap One card that I have been aging for 2 years ($35k CL).

My original Cap One card was my biggest $ card.  I started selling it in 2018 for $350 per AU.  I sold a total of 32 AU's through July 2021.
But.... in Aug of 2020, out of nowhere Cap One lowered my CL from $30k to $10k.  My TL company said they would continue selling at $200 per AU if I wanted.
However I paused it for a few months, then started back up.  I sold 7 AUs at the $200 rate then BAMMM in July 2021 Cap One closed my account!!!

MoMoney88

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6130 on: December 04, 2023, 03:14:45 PM »
OK here's a data point for y'all regarding Bank of America

I've been selling on BOA card since Aug 2020,  24 AU's total so far in the 3 years.  Fingers crossed though I probably just jinxed myself!!!

hoodedfalcon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6131 on: December 04, 2023, 08:17:14 PM »
I have a Cap One card with an AU on it, and I didn't get shut down. I wonder what the criteria was for their sweep?

As a data point, I added the AU on 11/29 and my account was closed on 12/1. Maybe they were targeting the most recent adds?

N

• Handlebar Stache
  • You must change your life. -Rainer Maria Rilke
« Reply #6132 on: December 04, 2023, 08:23:00 PM »
I just added a new Cap One AU the other day, then saw the notice from the company. yep, my Cap One got restricted. I didnt keep track of how many AUs I had on it over the years...but pretty consistent over the last 2-3 years. Oh well. It was good while it lasted. I have a few other cards that are still operating.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #6133 on: December 05, 2023, 01:58:31 PM »
I just added a new Cap One AU the other day, then saw the notice from the company. yep, my Cap One got restricted. I didnt keep track of how many AUs I had on it over the years...but pretty consistent over the last 2-3 years. Oh well. It was good while it lasted. I have a few other cards that are still operating.

If it's only restricted and not closed, you might be able to salvage the card, not add AUs for six months or so, then resume.  I've had that happen a time or two.

chuckster

• Stubble
« Reply #6134 on: December 05, 2023, 03:33:55 PM »
Also seeing one of my CapOne cards listed as "restricted", but not the other I have had more AUs on. Maybe just a matter of time. Guess I'll leave it on pause for a bit and see what happens.

hoodedfalcon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6135 on: December 05, 2023, 08:30:36 PM »
I am wondering if it is “restricted” until the balance is paid, and then they officially close it? I’ve gotten mixed messages. In one place it’s says my card is restricted (online when looking at the account), but the letter they sent used the word “closed.”

WayDownSouth

• Bristles
« Reply #6136 on: December 07, 2023, 04:52:04 PM »

Hey guys, I'm new here on the forum but not new to MMM.. First heard him on Tim Ferris' Podcast back in like 2017. Anyway, I created an account specifically to address this post as well as a few other things.

First - I have a very good and direct connection with the owner of GFS Group. If you're experiencing trouble with a payment, tell me your name and I'll get it rectified immediately by contacting the owner. That's assuming that your post is authentic, and, you're not just a competitor trying to smear them.

Secondly - A lot of things are changing within the realm of tradelines, and, possibly due to the weird banking system and financial "crisis" they're in, they could be attempting to clean house on certain users.

I can tell you right now, GFS Group CAN AND WILL pay higher commissions than any other company out there right now - they can and will also pay faster. I can say that with 100% confidence. Additionally, I have a lot of inside information about all of the "companies", from those listed here to those which are not listed here. My access to this information comes from deep market research, experience of my own selling to various companies, requesting payment schedules and commission tables from every tradeline brokerage out there, and also from the direct connection I have with GFS.

No, I am not the owner of GFS. I am also not an employee. However, I have spoken with the owner about this thread and received permission to post here. I can answer more of the "unknown" questions than probably anyone here, or at minimum, at least provide the latest details on what's going on with certain cardholders. For example, what's going on with BOA and why some brokerages are no longer accepting their cards.

I can act as your voice, and I can speak to what you guys (the majority at least) are seeking and do my best to offer a solution and or compromise.

Again, I'm not trying to spam here. I'm not trying to cause any ruckus or steal anyone's glory. If an admin or anyone feels that I'm out of place here, or, that I should keep certain things toned down or limited to PM, please advise me.

My first point of posting this response is to aid the commenter I'm replying to in resolving their particular issue. Apart from that, if anyone has a question or a list of questions, feel free to ask anything.

I would ideally like to set something up to gain cardholders for GFS as I've tried various companies and I feel exceptionally strong that not only is their service better than all the others, but the payout and speed of payment as well. Open to thoughts and responses.

EZHang43, please send me a PM with your name so I can relay the info to the owner and get you squared away if you're in fact legit. Thanks, and hello to the rest of you. I'm glad and excited to be here, I should have joined years ago. I have an abundance of extremely valuable info to share.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 05:05:36 PM by WayDownSouth »

WayDownSouth

• Bristles
« Reply #6137 on: December 07, 2023, 05:32:31 PM »
Sounds like they are following the New company strategy.

Things within the industry are becoming absolutely absurdly busy, and in addition, there seems to be some banks taking hard action on certain users.

I think, personally, one week of being "ghosted" is a bit premature to simply call it quits and also remove all your cards - especially when you have other tradelines out there with active users who paid for those and are relying on those lines to post. This is why I offered to reach out since I have a direct connection with them.

However, those are only my personal thoughts and the other user is completely open to make their own decision. I don't know the backstory with their account, nor have I had a chance to confirm if their post is even real. I will be honest in providing a response if the user decides to reply to me.

Lots happening in the industry right now. Stay tuned!

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6138 on: December 07, 2023, 06:11:16 PM »
If a TL company asks you to provide a W9 form and you are selling TLs as a sole proprietor, is it ok to give them your EIN number (not SSN)? Could this cause any issues with income tax reporting?

MoseyingAlong

• CM*TO 2024 Attendees
  • Bristles
« Reply #6139 on: December 07, 2023, 06:24:19 PM »

If it's only restricted and not closed, you might be able to salvage the card, not add AUs for six months or so, then resume.  I've had that happen a time or two.

@secondcor521 How did you salvage the card? Just let it sit and they eventually lift the restriction?

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6140 on: December 07, 2023, 06:30:54 PM »
If a TL company asks you to provide a W9 form and you are selling TLs as a sole proprietor, is it ok to give them your EIN number (not SSN)? Could this cause any issues with income tax reporting?

of course. This is why people use EINs.

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6141 on: December 07, 2023, 06:32:27 PM »

Hey guys, I'm new here on the forum but not new to MMM.. First heard him on Tim Ferris' Podcast back in like 2017. Anyway, I created an account specifically to address this post as well as a few other things.

First - I have a very good and direct connection with the owner of GFS Group. If you're experiencing trouble with a payment, tell me your name and I'll get it rectified immediately by contacting the owner. That's assuming that your post is authentic, and, you're not just a competitor trying to smear them.

Secondly - A lot of things are changing within the realm of tradelines, and, possibly due to the weird banking system and financial "crisis" they're in, they could be attempting to clean house on certain users.

I can tell you right now, GFS Group CAN AND WILL pay higher commissions than any other company out there right now - they can and will also pay faster. I can say that with 100% confidence. Additionally, I have a lot of inside information about all of the "companies", from those listed here to those which are not listed here. My access to this information comes from deep market research, experience of my own selling to various companies, requesting payment schedules and commission tables from every tradeline brokerage out there, and also from the direct connection I have with GFS.

No, I am not the owner of GFS. I am also not an employee. However, I have spoken with the owner about this thread and received permission to post here. I can answer more of the "unknown" questions than probably anyone here, or at minimum, at least provide the latest details on what's going on with certain cardholders. For example, what's going on with BOA and why some brokerages are no longer accepting their cards.

I can act as your voice, and I can speak to what you guys (the majority at least) are seeking and do my best to offer a solution and or compromise.

Again, I'm not trying to spam here. I'm not trying to cause any ruckus or steal anyone's glory. If an admin or anyone feels that I'm out of place here, or, that I should keep certain things toned down or limited to PM, please advise me.

My first point of posting this response is to aid the commenter I'm replying to in resolving their particular issue. Apart from that, if anyone has a question or a list of questions, feel free to ask anything.

I would ideally like to set something up to gain cardholders for GFS as I've tried various companies and I feel exceptionally strong that not only is their service better than all the others, but the payout and speed of payment as well. Open to thoughts and responses.

EZHang43, please send me a PM with your name so I can relay the info to the owner and get you squared away if you're in fact legit. Thanks, and hello to the rest of you. I'm glad and excited to be here, I should have joined years ago. I have an abundance of extremely valuable info to share.

I'd like to hear what @arebelspy thinks about this company. There's presumably a reason it's not one of the vetted recommended companies.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #6142 on: December 07, 2023, 07:49:28 PM »

@secondcor521 How did you salvage the card? Just let it sit and they eventually lift the restriction?

The only time I can recall offhand is currently in progress.  That's why I wrote "might".  Leslie @ Good Company thinks it might work.

If there was a second occurrence, it's been long enough that I don't recall the details.

chuckster

• Stubble
« Reply #6143 on: December 07, 2023, 07:55:35 PM »
Also seeing one of my CapOne cards listed as "restricted", but not the other I have had more AUs on. Maybe just a matter of time. Guess I'll leave it on pause for a bit and see what happens.

Got the closure letter from CapitalOne today for the above account, for 'violation' of the customer agreement. My two other cards with them don't seem to have any issue. Might just start seasoning a new one, wonder how my approval odds are.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 08:11:17 PM by chuckster »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6144 on: December 07, 2023, 09:16:43 PM »
I'd like to hear what @arebelspy thinks about this company. There's presumably a reason it's not one of the vetted recommended companies.

I haven't used them personally, or know much about them, but this isn't the first negative thing I've heard about them. Naturally, happy customers talk less than unhappy ones, but it still is a little red flag. I'd be willing to look into them or talk to the owner.

aasdfadsf

• Stubble
« Reply #6145 on: December 07, 2023, 09:32:44 PM »
For what it's worth, I've kept a running file based entirely off of what I've seen on this 123 page thread about what cards are likely to work and which ones won't. I'll post it here for anyone's edification, but I will not vouch for it nor can I say it's up to date, though nothing I've seen lately obviously overturns it all. If anyone knows better, just say so and I'll update my file:

Good:

Discover
TD Bank
Barclays
PNC
Associated Bank
Amex
Wells Fargo (not currently accepted)

Maybe:

Capital One
US Bank
Citi (requires over the phone)

Bad:

Chase (will shut down all accounts)
Bank of America (lots of shut downs)
Elan Fidelity

I personally have only used a Discover card through Old Company and have had nothing but good results. I have not been as aggressive about doing the TL thing as a lot of people, but then again I'm happy to make a few hundred bucks here and there for little effort without any stress. And props to arebelspy as usual for having been cool enough to make this something that the community can use.

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6146 on: December 07, 2023, 10:31:06 PM »
For what it's worth, I've kept a running file based entirely off of what I've seen on this 123 page thread about what cards are likely to work and which ones won't. I'll post it here for anyone's edification, but I will not vouch for it nor can I say it's up to date, though nothing I've seen lately obviously overturns it all. If anyone knows better, just say so and I'll update my file:

Good:

Discover
TD Bank
Barclays
PNC
Associated Bank
Amex

Maybe:

Capital One
US Bank
Citi (requires over the phone)

Bad:

Chase (will shut down all accounts)
Bank of America (lots of shut downs)
Elan Fidelity

I personally have only used a Discover card through Old Company and have had nothing but good results. I have not been as aggressive about doing the TL thing as a lot of people, but then again I'm happy to make a few hundred bucks here and there for little effort without any stress. And props to arebelspy as usual for having been cool enough to make this something that the community can use.

US Bank and Elan are effectively the same, so it's interesting that there would be a difference.

aasdfadsf

• Stubble
« Reply #6147 on: December 07, 2023, 10:42:32 PM »
US Bank and Elan are effectively the same, so it's interesting that there would be a difference.

There may be no difference. I just plucked this out of what people said. I have no familiarity with Elan Fidelity.

Let me reiterate that the list I posted is purely what people here have said on this thread over time, just collated for convenience, so it's bound to be imprecise. I have zero independent confirmation of anything (other than my own experience using Discover).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 10:44:42 PM by aasdfadsf »

chuckster

• Stubble
« Reply #6148 on: December 08, 2023, 12:00:07 AM »

Good:

Discover
TD Bank
Barclays
PNC
Associated Bank
Amex

Do all of the Good allow for adding and removing online?

WayDownSouth

• Bristles
« Reply #6149 on: December 08, 2023, 12:39:05 AM »

I haven't used them personally, or know much about them, but this isn't the first negative thing I've heard about them. Naturally, happy customers talk less than unhappy ones, but it still is a little red flag. I'd be willing to look into them or talk to the owner.

I'll arrange this no problem. Let me speak with them tomorrow or over the weekend. I think you may be very pleasantly surprised. At the least - from what I've read - you'll give an honest and authentic opinion which is the most important thing that can be offered here. I can tell that you know very well what you're doing in this realm of tradeline-wrangling.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!