Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 206056 times)

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking: $600+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #450 on: September 23, 2016, 01:50:10 PM »
Fuuuuck.

I set this up, got two orders (Barclay card) and was feeling good about it.  Now I'm freaked out again.

Did you add their address to your account? I sure as hell didn't.

Primary should be required to add an address.

Can you clarify?  Are you saying you didn't enter the AU's address when adding him?

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #451 on: September 23, 2016, 01:52:35 PM »
Fuuuuck.

I set this up, got two orders (Barclay card) and was feeling good about it.  Now I'm freaked out again.

Can you clarify?  Are you saying you didn't enter the AU's address when adding him?

Correct. Name, birth date, SSN is all I used.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #452 on: September 23, 2016, 01:54:49 PM »
The company arebelspy referred seems to take great pains to keep everything legit. The require a real bank for direct deposit for paying out for tradeline use. They verify ID on those wanting tradelines and require a real SSN.

Maybe it was a misread of this earlier, but sounded like the Tradeline Co. is in the middle of a lot of info (and of course know the credit reporting system inside and out). 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 02:10:12 PM by EscapeVelocity2020 »

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #453 on: September 23, 2016, 02:07:02 PM »
The company arebelspy referred seems to take great pains to keep everything legit. The require a real bank for direct deposit for paying out for tradeline use. They verify ID on those wanting tradelines and require a real SSN.

Maybe it was a misread of this earlier, but sounded like the Tradeline is in the middle of a lot of info (and of course know the credit reporting system inside and out).

yeah they are but more so on the people who need to be boosted side of things ... those people are essentially trusting both the tradeline company and the person like us here who are getting their info.  1 company who is making a killing on selling these is in the middle i estimate we see ~20% of what the client is actually paying for the line so in that case it would be incredibly stupid on their part to start trying other things.  if ARS is making 20k and i'm making 20k ... they are probably making over 200k a year off of each of us combined.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #454 on: September 23, 2016, 06:20:43 PM »
This is good:
We've been in this business for over three years and we've never even had an attempted security breach, because as I described the AU doesn't have any information that would allow them to access your account. We, on the other hand, have the client's name, SSN, date of birth, address, and a legal document saying we can take them to court for even attempting to access an investor's information.

And this is even better:
I looked at the AU terms and conditions when I added the order (it was on my Capital One card) and it specifically says that AUs cannot request a card

This is the case, from what I understand, for all the cards I use.

It's definitely worth doing the due diligence, and, like I've said multiple times, don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable.  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #455 on: September 23, 2016, 06:34:10 PM »
This is good:
We've been in this business for over three years and we've never even had an attempted security breach, because as I described the AU doesn't have any information that would allow them to access your account. We, on the other hand, have the client's name, SSN, date of birth, address, and a legal document saying we can take them to court for even attempting to access an investor's information.

And this is even better:
I looked at the AU terms and conditions when I added the order (it was on my Capital One card) and it specifically says that AUs cannot request a card

This is the case, from what I understand, for all the cards I use.

It's definitely worth doing the due diligence, and, like I've said multiple times, don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable.  :)

They do have access to the info, though.  For example, I just checked the Equifax dispute process for my wife (who is one of my AUs) and it lists all but the last 4 digits of the CC#.  For all I know, the Transunion dispute process shows only the last 4 digits and bingo you have the full #.  Either way, I'm sure the full number is somehow recorded in your credit report, so it's possible to obtain with the right approach.

Getting them to send you a card -- yeah, I'm sure they aren't supposed to send the card directly to an AU.  I would hope they have systems in place to prevent it from happening.   But again, with the right approach -- correct SSN, CC#, they could convince them to send it (they will sometimes do this, for example, if you are traveling and forgot/lost the card... they will overnight you a new one possibly for a fee... obviously they aren't sending it to your home address).

Even if the bank breaks their own policy, I'm not sure you'd have a good dispute because you DID authorize the AU to use the card.  Regardless of whether they have an internal policy not to send the card to the AU, they will rightfully see the charges as valid.

Still, that's a lot of work... honestly there are easier ways to steal credit cards!

kudy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #456 on: September 23, 2016, 06:44:32 PM »
One more factor to consider - the AU is usually only on the account for 1-2 months, and only shows on their credit report for a short time. I'm not saying they couldn't watch for it and jump into action immediately upon seeing it added, but the smaller window does limit the range of time they'd have to suss out who's account they are on, and request a new card.

Based on the conjecture here, I believe there is a slim chance someone could get their hands on an actual card, before I remove them as an AU, but I think that chance is very slim, and I think it's worth the gamble.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #457 on: September 24, 2016, 07:59:28 AM »
One more factor to consider - the AU is usually only on the account for 1-2 months, and only shows on their credit report for a short time. I'm not saying they couldn't watch for it and jump into action immediately upon seeing it added, but the smaller window does limit the range of time they'd have to suss out who's account they are on, and request a new card.

Based on the conjecture here, I believe there is a slim chance someone could get their hands on an actual card, before I remove them as an AU, but I think that chance is very slim, and I think it's worth the gamble.

An AU is paying something close to $2,000 to be an AU. That seems an awfully expensive way to be able to defraud a card.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #458 on: September 24, 2016, 08:04:48 AM »
An AU is paying something close to $2,000 to be an AU. That seems an awfully expensive way to be able to defraud a card.

Indeed. From what I understand, you can get any number of legit credit cards on the black market for much cheaper than that.

And anonymously.  With this one, they know exactly who did the spending, have all the info, etc.  The argument, I suppose, from them would be that they weren't defrauding, because they were an authorized user.  But if they have a contract signed otherwise, that they will not attempt to use the card, then you could argue it was defrauding you, or at least violating the contract.  Then again, how much are you going to get suing someone with presumably such bad credit?  You can go back and forth on why it would or wouldn't be likely.

But if someone does want a credit card to scam, there are certainly easier ways.

It's definitely a risk though.  I just don't personally evaluate it as a very high one.  Something everyone should evaluate for themselves if selling their tradelines though.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Belief10

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #459 on: September 25, 2016, 09:06:53 AM »
No sales yet, but I have Discover and US Bank cards available now for sale. I think the mitigants to the recent discovery that cards can go out to AU's for some cards is this: With Discover you can freeze your account anytime you want (so spend the one time then freeze your card, they aren't going to let the AU remove the freeze). With US Bank you only give the AU's name, SS# and DOB. So very remotely possible that the card goes to the AU if they call in and socially engineer, because the AU would have to provide a new random address that wasn't even on file before. Also, there's no identifiable information they could provide the bank to prove they are the AU on your account to begin with, so only truey idiot representative with blatant disregard for normal caller verification and disregard for bank policy would have to go above and beyond to send a card to a new address that they never had to begin with. I worked as a call-in customer service rep for two years and have been in banking for 7, so I have some experience in these matters.

HAPPYINAZ

• Bristles
« Reply #460 on: September 25, 2016, 09:20:50 AM »
got a sale recently on my Bank of America card...yeah!  Let's hope it's posts right.  BofA didn't allow an option to send the card to the AU even though I added the address.  So I don't think the AU can call to get a card mailed directly.  I also think there must be far easier ways to get a credit card number for fraud and ones that don't require the person to shell out 1 to 2 grand for the opportunity to commit fraud.  In addition if you end up making $6,000 - $20,000 in extra money on this, it doesn't matter too much if someone charges a fraudulent $1000 or so.  I have had credit card numbers stolen once while on vacation (not related to selling tradelines) and the fraudulent charges amounted to less than $150.....seems credit card thieves don't aim very high.  So even if fraud occurred, you are likely still making far more money than you are losing. You can freeze your card very quickly or do like the poster above me recommended and freeze the card after adding the AU and after spending a small amount to have it post a charge as required for the program.     
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 09:27:40 AM by HAPPYINAZ »

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
« Reply #461 on: September 25, 2016, 11:15:58 AM »
Given the above discussion, I just added a new alert to my Barclaycard that will let me know if anyone ever charges something above $11 since the only thing I used the card for now is recurring Amazon gift card reloads of $10/month. If anything beyond that happens, I'll get an alert.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #462 on: September 25, 2016, 11:21:01 AM »
Given the above discussion, I just added a new alert to my Barclaycard that will let me know if anyone ever charges something above $11 since the only thing I used the card for now is recurring Amazon gift card reloads of $10/month. If anything beyond that happens, I'll get an alert.

Yeah, I should have mentioned that mine is set to alert me for any purchases exceeding $1 (the minimum setting) or any "card not present" purchases - it should give me 1 alert/month when Netflix bills.

So if someone does decide to defraud, I'm getting emailed and texted immediately.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #463 on: September 25, 2016, 12:12:56 PM »
FYI: Barclaycard's alert system is delayed 24-48 hours, usually 48 hours in my experience.  This applies to text and email alerts.  I did the same but unfortunately with the delay it is not very helpful.

HAPPYINAZ

• Bristles
« Reply #464 on: September 25, 2016, 02:11:22 PM »
FYI: Barclaycard's alert system is delayed 24-48 hours, usually 48 hours in my experience.  This applies to text and email alerts.  I did the same but unfortunately with the delay it is not very helpful.

that hasn't been my experience....I often get notifications almost immediately. 

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #465 on: September 25, 2016, 06:35:15 PM »
That's odd!  I will have to call them and see if there is a reason for the delay. 

I have noticed that American Express and Elan cards are instant.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #466 on: September 25, 2016, 11:42:34 PM »

I have my chase set to notify on all purchases.  I usually get a text immediately.  It's kinda nice if I go to a restaurant and they take the check.  When I get the text, they usually come back seconds later.  Nice little heads up.

sobezen

• Bristles
« Reply #467 on: September 26, 2016, 11:52:20 PM »
Pity they don't accept Wells Fargo anymore.  :(  That's one of my oldest cards 25 years old.  Oh wells, will wait to see if they open any spots before January 2017.

Belief10

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #468 on: September 27, 2016, 04:26:22 PM »
Got two orders today under my Discover card which was exciting but then spent two hours messing with this, so far. Both were clearly very foreign names (though stateside addresses). Two issues which will see how this works out: one, Discover shows the status of the 1st person as Pending, and "may contact me for additional information". Second, the address on one, while in Los Angeles, was an address, followed by a building number, then unit number, and Discover's online system would not accept. I tried adding both online.

I'm a little concerned that if the tradeline company is just sending foreign names our way that Discover will flag the account and potentially commence the shut down process. I gathered while on the phone with the tradeline company that Credit card companies do that more likely when they detect a "foreign" name. Whatever that means.

Anybody else have an experience with these issues yet?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #469 on: September 27, 2016, 05:11:11 PM »
I've had addresses formatted weird.  Discover is more finicky than the other companies about address formatting, and I've had them pop up an error.  I just contacted the trade company, and they verify the address.  Sometimes I've had to slightly edit it to make the formatting work (e.g. type "Unit A" instead of "#A"), and never had a problem with the card showing up on the AU's report (since you are using their Name, SSN and DOB, which are the main pieces of info to get it added).

As far as foreign names, I'd guess about half of my orders are "foreign sounding."  I don't know how often low credit correlates with someone who comes from an immigrant family wanting to boost their credit to build a life for themselves.  Their citizenship is listed, though--they should be a US citizen.  As discussed earlier in the thread (maybe around page 1-2 IIRC? Pretty early on), if they are a US citizen, have a SSN, and their information is collected and verified, I don't care what their name is, nor do I see a benefit to profiling people based on their name.  I don't think only people with [whatever your criteria]-sounding names deserve access to better credit.

Belief10

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #470 on: September 27, 2016, 05:41:21 PM »
I've had addresses formatted weird.  Discover is more finicky than the other companies about address formatting, and I've had them pop up an error.  I just contacted the trade company, and they verify the address.  Sometimes I've had to slightly edit it to make the formatting work (e.g. type "Unit A" instead of "#A"), and never had a problem with the card showing up on the AU's report (since you are using their Name, SSN and DOB, which are the main pieces of info to get it added).

As far as foreign names, I'd guess about half of my orders are "foreign sounding."  I don't know how often low credit correlates with someone who comes from an immigrant family wanting to boost their credit to build a life for themselves.  Their citizenship is listed, though--they should be a US citizen.  As discussed earlier in the thread (maybe around page 1-2 IIRC? Pretty early on), if they are a US citizen, have a SSN, and their information is collected and verified, I don't care what their name is, nor do I see a benefit to profiling people based on their name.  I don't think only people with [whatever your criteria]-sounding names deserve access to better credit.

I amended the address several different ways to try and get it to work, and neither the main part of the address nor the building and unit number would be accepted into Discover. I emailed the tradeline company about that and they cancelled the order because that was the only address they had, so unfortunately it won't work with Discover.

The reason I brought up the "foreign sounding name" criteria is that apparently Discover thinks some names deserve further inquiry/verification, and according to the tradeline company (per my phone call this afternoon and in a passing comment from the rep) Discover (or some credit card companies) may profile AU's who have names that are more abnormal than others. This makes a difference to me as a seller if after many of those further inquiries Discover starts to catch on and closes my card. I certainly have no personal qualms about doing this for a foreign sounding name or person, but it may adversely impact our cards if the credit card companies manually review the ones that are somehow flagged because they are more "foreign" to begin with.

.22guy

• Stubble
« Reply #471 on: September 27, 2016, 05:54:06 PM »
Fuuuuck.

Yeah, there was a space for it on the AU page.

Already received the cards to my address but still feeling anxious.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #472 on: September 27, 2016, 05:57:20 PM »
Yeah, there was a space for it on the AU page.

Already received the cards to my address but still feeling anxious.

Not worth anxiety.

1) Shred the card you got for them (you don't ever need it, I shred them right away)
2) Use your card for that account, so it has a charge on it, so it will post correctly.
3) Contact the tradeline company to reduce your lines to zero, so you don't get any more orders
4) Monitor the account to make sure no other charges go on it.  Remove the AU as soon as allowed (date is on the tradeline site).
5) Stop selling tradelines until you're comfortable.  :)

I think you should definitely honor what you've done, but that doesn't mean you need to do any more.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #473 on: September 27, 2016, 06:07:34 PM »
The reason I brought up the "foreign sounding name" criteria is that apparently Discover thinks some names deserve further inquiry/verification, and according to the tradeline company (per my phone call this afternoon and in a passing comment from the rep) Discover (or some credit card companies) may profile AU's who have names that are more abnormal than others. This makes a difference to me as a seller if after many of those further inquiries Discover starts to catch on and closes my card. I certainly have no personal qualms about doing this for a foreign sounding name or person, but it may adversely impact our cards if the credit card companies manually review the ones that are somehow flagged because they are more "foreign" to begin with.

Interesting.  With Discover you add, and remove, online.  So the only way they could tell if there was a foreign sounding name is if either you called in (to add or remove them) and the rep flagged it, or if they put a filter in their system to look for those type of names.  That sounds like odd profiling, to me.  Be interesting to see a lawsuit around that (someone adding their friends/family with "foreign" names, then getting the account closed).  Not that they have a right to credit with that company, but they might get a nice settlement to avoid publicity.

In any case, I wouldn't go into this without being aware of, and okay with, the possibility that your card may get shut down.  It's quite rare, but it is the primary risk of this endeavor (the only actual semi-likely risk, IMO).  I'm putting my money where my mouth is, and keeping all my Discover cards in the program.  :)

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #474 on: September 27, 2016, 06:44:12 PM »
As far as foreign names, I'd guess about half of my orders are "foreign sounding."  I don't know how often low credit correlates with someone who comes from an immigrant family wanting to boost their credit to build a life for themselves.  Their citizenship is listed, though--they should be a US citizen.

Or a new immigrant, student, temporary worker, etc. You don't need to be a US citizen, simply a resident, to get a credit card (but perhaps the tradeline company has stricter requirements).

I remember coming to the US from Canada and finding out all of a sudden I have zero credit record since things don't transfer between countries. It's a PITA especially since the US relies on credits scores for so many more things than I was used to. I could see new immigrants etc. wanting these services.

Cpa Cat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #475 on: September 27, 2016, 06:45:03 PM »
As a foreigner myself, I can attest to the fact that it can be quite difficult for new citizens to get a decent credit score, due to penalties relating to the length of credit history. Often, there aren't even any student loans to help foreigners along. Having high income or high assets does not help.

I can't remember when I stopped being penalized for my short credit history, but it was years and years (maybe 7?). One year a switch flipped and I went from being a credit risk due to my short credit history to having the best credit offers thrown at me from all directions.

And it was a big deal. Our property insurance cost was cut in half that year, and we were able to qualify for a much better mortgage. Also, prior to that, I was only eligible for the worst credit cards at low limits, and once my credit history got long enough, it was super easy to get high-limit, good-quality credit cards.

It doesn't surprise me at all that it's mostly foreign-sounding people who use this service. Becoming an authorized user is a cure for a short credit history. New immigrants have short credit histories. A couple thousand dollars up front to qualify for the best mortgage? Easily worth it.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #476 on: September 27, 2016, 06:51:54 PM »
I guess I don't know if they're all citizens, but one of my cards (can't remember which one) definitely asks for citizenship, and every time it's been US (tradeline company supplies this info on the AU, can't recall if it's always listed, or only if needed).  They obviously all have a SSN, but they could be a non-citizen with a SSN.  Either way, whether they're a recent immigrant, or their family is, yes, that seems like a plausible reason to work on raising your credit score. Like I said, my results are around half "foreign" sounding.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #477 on: September 27, 2016, 06:56:44 PM »
Does anyone know if they reduced the # of spots for some CC issuers?  My barclay card had 2 spots, 1 used, so 1 available.  It now shows as 0 available.  It has been like this for a few days so I don't think it is a pending sales still (ie what ARS explained way up thread as a 'trick').  Any ideas? 

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #478 on: September 27, 2016, 07:04:41 PM »
Does anyone know if they reduced the # of spots for some CC issuers?  My barclay card had 2 spots, 1 used, so 1 available.  It now shows as 0 available.  It has been like this for a few days so I don't think it is a pending sales still (ie what ARS explained way up thread as a 'trick').  Any ideas?

I don't think they'll reduce your lines without you asking for it, once it's in.

It's very likely a pending sale, they just haven't released the info to you.  They will a day or two before the close date.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #479 on: September 27, 2016, 07:09:26 PM »
That would be awesome!  It looks like my first sale was on the 27th, so fingers crossed!  Thanks for the reply and keeping us up to date.

kudy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #480 on: September 27, 2016, 09:46:14 PM »

I've had "ghost" sales a few times, where I see the number reduce by 1, but a sale never comes through. This just happened on my Capital One last week. I'd say about 1/4 of the time that I see what I think might a pending sale, it never materializes.

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
« Reply #481 on: September 28, 2016, 12:15:11 AM »
I've had these "ghost" sales on my Barclaycard too. About 3 days later I got the message to add the AU.

I also noticed that they bumped up my # of AUs from 2 to 3. I'll take it!

Belief10

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #482 on: September 28, 2016, 08:18:46 AM »

Interesting.  With Discover you add, and remove, online.  So the only way they could tell if there was a foreign sounding name is if either you called in (to add or remove them) and the rep flagged it, or if they put a filter in their system to look for those type of names.  That sounds like odd profiling, to me.  Be interesting to see a lawsuit around that (someone adding their friends/family with "foreign" names, then getting the account closed).  Not that they have a right to credit with that company, but they might get a nice settlement to avoid publicity.

In any case, I wouldn't go into this without being aware of, and okay with, the possibility that your card may get shut down.  It's quite rare, but it is the primary risk of this endeavor (the only actual semi-likely risk, IMO).  I'm putting my money where my mouth is, and keeping all my Discover cards in the program.  :)

Yeah I added online yesterday. It started "processing" giving me a status bar and said it may take up to 60 seconds. It was clearly running some sort of algorithm or search. I wonder if this is new?

As an update, Discover has now requested  proof of SS#, name, and physical address. The rep at the tradeline company said they had these things, but it seems this whole process has turned up a notch...

sirdoug007

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #483 on: September 28, 2016, 09:27:55 AM »
I got my first two sells today.  The process on discovers website is really easy.

The hardest part was figuring out where to click on the tradeline site to get the persons full personal details!  Looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

There was a button on Discover's website that allowed you to not send a card.  I sent a card anyways (to my address) thinking that would be weird to add a AU without a card.  Anybody use the no card feature?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #484 on: September 28, 2016, 03:48:51 PM »
As an update, Discover has now requested  proof of SS#, name, and physical address. The rep at the tradeline company said they had these things, but it seems this whole process has turned up a notch...

That's really, really weird.  Just checked my records and I've done 11 Discover AUs over the last few months, haven't had any issues like that.  I wonder if it's this particular person they have red flagged or something.

And it seems sirdoug, in the post below yours, added Discover AUs today:
I got my first two sells today.  The process on discovers website is really easy.

So it doesn't seem to be just a new thing added since I last added mine or something.  Seems like a very rare occurrence.  Sucks it's happening on one of your first ones (I know the feeling--some of our first tradeline sales--B of A--didn't post correctly, even though I did everything correct, so we didn't get paid. Was a bummer, but a rare thing, and the ones the following month worked fine, so whatever.)

The hardest part was figuring out where to click on the tradeline site to get the persons full personal details!

Haha, yeah, I had that same issue at first.  :P

There was a button on Discover's website that allowed you to not send a card.  I sent a card anyways (to my address) thinking that would be weird to add a AU without a card.  Anybody use the no card feature?

That's an interesting question.  I've always clicked yes to send them a card (to my address), and then shredded it when it arrived.  I'm worried that not sending a card will send up a red flag or something.  Would be nice not to even receive them at all though, if that's not the case.  IDK how to find out without asking and potentially raising flags, so I just keep sending em.  :)

kudy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #485 on: September 28, 2016, 04:24:54 PM »
I might be mis-remembering, but I think the instructions say to have a card sent.

The last Discover add I got, the company emailed me to tell me that it may require a photo ID to verify, and that if it did, they had it available.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #486 on: September 28, 2016, 04:46:34 PM »
So I just got 2 new credit cards for hacking with bofa and moved the balance over to my 2 cards in their system. Increasing then from 19k to 32k. Extra 300 potential every 2 months woo hoo

Also the site is down right now. You noticed that ars?

HAPPYINAZ

• Bristles
« Reply #487 on: September 28, 2016, 05:06:57 PM »
So I just got 2 new credit cards for hacking with bofa and moved the balance over to my 2 cards in their system. Increasing then from 19k to 32k. Extra 300 potential every 2 months woo hoo

site working fine for me now

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #488 on: September 28, 2016, 05:15:34 PM »

site working fine for me now

Not the site that you go in to add AU's the marketing site to attract more people to sell au spots is down. We killed it

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #489 on: September 28, 2016, 09:10:50 PM »
Both were clearly very foreign names (though stateside addresses)

Slightly besides the point, and I know you didn't mean any harm, etc. etc., but there's all kinds of systematic cultural and racial assumptions going on in you thinking you can categorize names into "foreign" or not..

What you probably mean is sounds like my name and names from my immediate cultural heritage or not... :)

I can list some obvious examples, but hopefully the point is clear

Malaysia41

• Magnum Stache
    • My mmm journal
« Reply #490 on: September 28, 2016, 09:23:11 PM »
@arebelspy: You wrote:

Sucks it's happening on one of your first ones (I know the feeling--some of our first tradeline sales--B of A--didn't post correctly, even though I did everything correct, so we didn't get paid. Was a bummer, but a rare thing, and the ones the following month worked fine, so whatever.)

Regarding the 'ones the following month'. Were those BofA or other types of cards?

I just added my second AU onto our BofA card. Just want to confirm that you've been paid on on a BofA card in particular. Sorry if this has been answered already, but the thread is getting looooong so I didn't search it.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #491 on: September 28, 2016, 10:50:36 PM »

Yeah, I still haven't done the sign up for new cards to transfer the balance thing, but that's mostly because I'm close to the 5/24--in 2 months one will drop off, and I can do the Sapphire Reserve. After I get that, I'm sorely tempted to do it.  Glad to hear it worked for you! :D

Haha. I knew they weren't taking any new accounts until at least January, and right now at focusing on marketing for AUs, I wonder if the site is down on purpose.   EDIT: Looks up to me right now (didn't check it earlier).

@arebelspy: You wrote:

Sucks it's happening on one of your first ones (I know the feeling--some of our first tradeline sales--B of A--didn't post correctly, even though I did everything correct, so we didn't get paid. Was a bummer, but a rare thing, and the ones the following month worked fine, so whatever.)

Regarding the 'ones the following month'. Were those BofA or other types of cards?

I just added my second AU onto our BofA card. Just want to confirm that you've been paid on on a BofA card in particular. Sorry if this has been answered already, but the thread is getting looooong so I didn't search it.

Yeah, I've had several successful B of A posts since then... They just had an issue back in June, for some reason.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 01:45:41 AM by arebelspy »

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #492 on: September 29, 2016, 07:14:59 AM »
really if you go to the marketing site for the investor side you're not seeing hello world.

Belief10

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #493 on: September 29, 2016, 08:33:38 AM »

Yeah I added online yesterday. It started "processing" giving me a status bar and said it may take up to 60 seconds. It was clearly running some sort of algorithm or search. I wonder if this is new?

Now I am getting cold feet and wondering if anyone else sees a good angle on this while I consider what to do. The tradeline company still needs to send me a copy of the SS# card and drivers license. I did a quick google search for the name this morning. Found an article under the same name, same state, and same age for a person who was arrested for manslaughter but eventually pleaded no contest to misdemeanor charge of reckless operation. Discover must have searched against some criminal database which is why it flagged this name. Damn, I have to think about this.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #494 on: September 29, 2016, 08:35:14 AM »
Now I am getting cold feet and wondering if anyone else sees a good angle on this while I consider what to do. The tradeline company still needs to send me a copy of the SS# card and drivers license. I did a quick google search for the name this morning. Found an article under the same name, same state, and same age for a person who was arrested for manslaughter but eventually pleaded no contest to misdemeanor charge of reckless operation. Discover must have searched against some criminal database which is why it flagged this name. Damn, I have to think about this.

Just tell the tradeline company you're not comfortable with this one, and explain why. They're quite reasonable, and your worry is valid.

No need to stress about it.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #495 on: September 29, 2016, 09:23:37 AM »

I don't think they'll reduce your lines without you asking for it, once it's in.

It's very likely a pending sale, they just haven't released the info to you.  They will a day or two before the close date.

It was a pending sale.  Just took 2 days to show up.  No problem..

2 sales in slightly over 60 days.  I'll take it!

yachi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #496 on: September 29, 2016, 10:05:45 AM »

I don't know if I would let them know what you found if you intend to continue with the program.  If you're using the same company as Arebelspy, you agreed not to search for information on the Authorized User.  That said, I know a nice sweet lady that spent time under house arrest because her car slid through a stop sign on an icy road in wintertime.  She unfortunately hit a mininvan, for which she was incredibly sorry. I believe a child passenger in the minivan died, and the mother pushed to press charges.

nitsuj1225

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #497 on: September 29, 2016, 01:17:32 PM »
Sorry if this question was asked before but I looked on the marketing website for the company just to see what the process was like on the buying side.  I see their lowest package is for tradelines with $5k-$10k limits.  Do they already have an abundance of these cards which is why they are only accepting cards over the $10k limit?  Just surprised me to see the ability to buy tradelines with less than a $10k limit when all I've seen is they only accept cards with a limit over $10k.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #498 on: September 29, 2016, 06:07:58 PM »
Sorry if this question was asked before but I looked on the marketing website for the company just to see what the process was like on the buying side.  I see their lowest package is for tradelines with $5k-$10k limits.  Do they already have an abundance of these cards which is why they are only accepting cards over the $10k limit?  Just surprised me to see the ability to buy tradelines with less than a $10k limit when all I've seen is they only accept cards with a limit over $10k.
Yes, they used to accept cards between 5-10k, and other issuers. Then they narrowed to more selective cards that get more sales and are more reliable (10k+, certain CC companies).

jpdcpajd

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #499 on: September 30, 2016, 12:20:55 AM »
Definite Follow I have four Cards above 20k for those companies some over 10 years