Author Topic: Lovin' Tello.com Cell Phone Service  (Read 2853 times)

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
Lovin' Tello.com Cell Phone Service
« on: May 02, 2020, 09:03:20 AM »
$15 per month for 4GB LTE data, unlimited calls, unlimited texts.  Sprint net work.  I just buy a couple year old iPhone that works with all networks on the cheap.  Sell it after a year or two and buy the next one that is 2 years old.   

justaguy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Lovin' Tello.com Cell Phone Service
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 01:32:03 PM »
We have had them for over a year - we love Tello! 

American GenX

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 10:25:12 PM »

I switched to Tello right when RingPlus was going out of business a few years back.  I like it.

It's super cheap for me.  I am using a phone that is 2 1/2 years old that I bought for $20 during a Black Friday sale, and I don't have a Tello plan, so I use Pay as you go.  I use less than $1 of service per month, so I don't even bother putting it in my budget.  I hate talking on the phone and am usually on wifi at home and work, so my cellular data usage is almost non-existent.

Photograph 51

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 11:23:19 AM »
I use the plan that costs me $7.29 per month.  I used to have the plan that was $1 cheaper, but now I'm doing enough calls with other health care providers that I need the extra minutes.  I recommend Tello to my patients who tell me the reason they can't do their telemedicine appointments is because they can't afford phone service and they lost their free government phone.

Dr Kidstache

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2021, 01:57:33 PM »
I just switched to Tello after using Republic Wireless for years. I had one of the original Republic Wireless plans that was $15/mo but when I had to replace my phone, they forced me onto one of their current plans the cheapest of which was costing $25/mo. I really only use data when I'm on wifi so I wasn't thrilled with the price increase. I'm on a $7 plan now with Tello.
Any Tello issues I should know about? It's been smooth so far.

American GenX

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2021, 12:21:30 PM »
I'm going on 5 years using Tello now.

They changed their "pay as you go" poilcy a while back that required you to actually make an order every 3 months rather than just using the service at least once every 3 months, so I changed from using paygo to a plan.  It's about $6/mo.

And they started migrating from Sprint to T-mobile quite a while back, so I bought a new $120 unlocked smartphone with GSM support and switched over to their T-Mobile service.  Everything went smoothly.

T-Mobile coverage for me is similar to Sprint, not as good as Verizon.  But otherwise, I haven't had any problems with Tello.

Edit:  Corrected above.  It will be 5 years (not 4) in Feburary that I've been using Tello.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 11:44:47 AM by American GenX »

MissNancyPryor

• Bristles
  • The Stewardess is Flying the Plane!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2021, 04:47:46 PM »
About 5 months ago I changed to Mint which has a similar $15 for 4GB option.  Putting a pin here in case they do me wrong, it will be hello Tello if so. 

The bruise on my forehead is almost gone.  You know, the one from smacking the shit out of myself for paying $70 a month for Sprint for far too long.   

LD_TAndK

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2021, 05:11:28 AM »
In case anyone reading this is shopping around, also check out USMobile. Looks like the have a comparable 5GB for $15 plan.

It's on the Verizon network, I pay $21 a month for 2 lines unlimited call & text, 1 GB data shared. Each additional shared gig is $2.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 05:13:24 AM by LD_TAndK »

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!