Author Topic: Rode my bike 120 km this morning . . .  (Read 1769 times)

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
Rode my bike 120 km this morning . . .
« on: May 28, 2016, 04:19:46 PM »
I was originally intending to break 100km for the first time, but joined up with a couple of other riders near the 80km mark and worked with them for a little extra distance.  Google maps says that there was more than 1400 ft elevation change from the highest to the lowest point of the route.  Took three and a half hours.  It was 32 Celcius with a Humidex of 36 by the time I got home.

:D

human

• Pencil Stache
Re: Rode my bike 120 km this morning . . .
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 04:44:56 PM »
Damn that's a decent time too! I have a "light touring" chro-moly bike and couldn't really average more than 22km/h on that thing. What kind of bike do you have? I've done 110 km on that thing on gravel trail and it took 5 hours!

You should start earlier, when I'm motivated I start hikes, runs and or bike rides before six really helps with the heat.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 05:34:02 PM »
Damn that's a decent time too! I have a "light touring" chro-moly bike and couldn't really average more than 22km/h on that thing. What kind of bike do you have? I've done 110 km on that thing on gravel trail and it took 5 hours!

You should start earlier, when I'm motivated I start hikes, runs and or bike rides before six really helps with the heat.

I have a stainless steel touring bike.  I took the fenders and racks off of it this year, so it went under 30 lbs for the first time.  No gravel for me though, just paved road (a couple sections of rough chipseal though).  The wind gods seemed to be favouring me today though, so that probably played a part.

human

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 06:24:59 PM »
That's amazing 30km/h is awesome on such a bike! Good job!

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 10:28:39 PM »
Thats amazing!!!! I'm training for a 100k ride next weekend and I know how much work it is. You rocked it - especially with adding the extra 20k at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk